Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • nursejdavis: also the time is wayyy of its only 930 pm???
    March 14, 2019, 02:29:18 AM
  • nursejdavis: I am looking for a few Press Releases from Kevin Hillman that have disappeared.... not sure why they would be hidden from the public unless they contain narcs who have gotten their charges dropped for their cooperation. Seems the same Press Releases were also deleted from Facebook. Thanks for any help in locating these
    March 14, 2019, 02:24:50 AM
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM

Author Topic: Leftists, liberals believe in Fairy Tales  (Read 7796 times)

Offline Blindwilly

• gypsy
    • View Profile
Re: Leftists, liberals believe in Fairy Tales
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2009, 02:04:22 AM »

Share/Bookmark

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2009, 02:08:22 AM »
My comments were on creating wealth, you need to take your DC concerns to your DC elected officials I would suggest.  Yep, they do have serious problems.

Wall Street creates wealth for much more than a few executives.  I will also mention that in the case of the union auto workers we are saving the jobs of with tax dollars, if it were not for investors in Wall Street, putting money into companies like the ones they work for, they would not have jobs.

I invest in Wall Street, I am not an executive and never leave Dixon when doing it.  Most retirement plans are invested in Wall Street, those people are not executives, the guy that fixed my phone line the other day asked if he could check his stocks while he was here, didn't look like an executive to me either. 

If you are talking about the big banks like Fannie, Freddie, or other large business and what they are paying their CEO's and CFO's, fine, but Wall Street in general is an avenue for people to invest in businesses.  Big difference.

Dave
Political Website:  www.StateRepDay.com
Back Roads Recording:  www.backroadsrecording.com
Band Website:  www.MFNband.net
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/RepDay

Offline Blindwilly

• gypsy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2009, 02:09:15 AM »
How can I be a traitor or racist or perverted?  Because I don't fall in with your ideology?  Willing to bet I put more time in serving this country than you thought of doing.  And I am still serving.  RAcist because I don't like Obama's agenda of country take over by the government?  Perverted?  I would gladly execute every child molester convicted.  As before, you resort to name calling when you have nothing relevant to say.  But then, I am nnot republican either.  I am a libertarian.

So you are ok with a government run insurance plan as long as it is you that benefits from it. Or are you fighting to get rid of it? If government is so bad why do you work for them. Can't get a job anywhere else?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Offline Blindwilly

• gypsy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2009, 02:19:03 AM »
My comments were on creating wealth, you need to take your DC concerns to your DC elected officials I would suggest.  Yep, they do have serious problems.

Wall Street creates wealth for much more than a few executives.  I will also mention that in the case of the union auto workers we are saving the jobs of with tax dollars, if it were not for investors in Wall Street, putting money into companies like the ones they work for, they would not have jobs.

I invest in Wall Street, I am not an executive and never leave Dixon when doing it.  Most retirement plans are invested in Wall Street, those people are not executives, the guy that fixed my phone line the other day asked if he could check his stocks while he was here, didn't look like an executive to me either. 

If you are talking about the big banks like Fannie, Freddie, or other large business and what they are paying their CEO's and CFO's, fine, but Wall Street in general is an avenue for people to invest in businesses.  Big difference.

Dave

I spend a lot of time focusing on Washington. I write letters, sign petitions, donate money and work the phones for causes I believe in. Many of our Big Investment Banks like Goldman Saks and BOA were manipulating our markets. They drove up Oil prices to 150 dollars a barrel a couple of years ago. They were bundling bad mortgages and selling them as safe investment packages while at the same time betting on them to fail. They unloaded them and when the bubble burst they made a killing. Same thing they did leading up to the Great Depression.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2009, 01:49:58 PM »
you are doing all that for the wrong ones. now  we know why there is a gov't healthcare plan on the table,why nobama took over the manks and GM. it's your fault willy! LOL LOL

Offline Blindwilly

• gypsy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2009, 02:00:43 PM »
you are doing all that for the wrong ones. now  we know why there is a gov't healthcare plan on the table,why nobama took over the manks and GM. it's your fault willy! LOL LOL

If I had a low IQ and wanted a facist dictatorship I would be a Republican. The Republicans destroyed our economy and our Constitution. They now trying to make sure it stays that way.

Offline ex-ed

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2009, 05:01:17 PM »
If I had a low IQ and wanted a facist dictatorship I would be a Republican. The Republicans destroyed our economy and our Constitution. They now trying to make sure it stays that way.

I think you've got your (dark) glasses on bass-ackwards, willy. The liberal dems, led by the Obami, are the ones trying to turn America into Amerika, destroying our economy by producing mega-trillion-dollar deficits, and sidestep the Constitution. If they continue, we true Americans will rebel -- as is our right -- and regain our nation from the Obama-fascists by force.
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2009, 05:51:39 PM »
So you are ok with a government run insurance plan as long as it is you that benefits from it. Or are you fighting to get rid of it? If government is so bad why do you work for them. Can't get a job anywhere else?

Actually, I don't beleive I need to answer to you or anyone else on the board about where I work.  'nuff said. I refuse to get personal with you as it will get neither of us anywhere.
Ex-Ed, you are correct in your comments.  The low IQ and perhaps a frontal lobotomy makes one a die hard leftisit democrat.

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2009, 08:04:11 PM »
Coming from the guy who spreads the dumbest, most unbelievable lies about people, so long as they are democrats, I'll take the lobotomy, thank you.
"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2009, 08:13:44 PM »
Nothing personal What_The? I figure you voted for Obama and now yo uare getting what you wanted.  Government controlled society by the worst bunch of dumbasses I have ever seen in the congress and presidency.  that will change, yest the change we all need, in November of next year.

Offline Blindwilly

• gypsy
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2009, 08:18:33 PM »

I think you've got your (dark) glasses on bass-ackwards, willy. The liberal dems, led by the Obami, are the ones trying to turn America into Amerika, destroying our economy by producing mega-trillion-dollar deficits, and sidestep the Constitution. If they continue, we true Americans will rebel -- as is our right -- and regain our nation from the Obama-fascists by force.

You poor misguided soul. The economy was a disaster when Obama came in office. The Republicans destroyed it. You are 100% in support of those that destroyed it. You will do nothing until your Corporate leaders tell you to. You sound like a Glen Beck groupie.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2009, 08:32:51 PM »
BW you sound like the rest of the supporters of the big zero.  You use arrogance and disdain against those who will not and will not agree with the destructive agenda being put forth by this administration.  Mighty big of you.  Too bad things wil lbe turning around next November.  You think Obama hasn't done anything yet?  He wil lget less done after the congressional elections.

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2009, 11:01:59 PM »
You have to have both, like Rep. Dave stated. With out big business you have no workers and with out workers you have no big business. I do think that big business executives are over paid and that Wall Street has caused a lot of problems, especially the speculators. The republicans were in charge for 8 years and did hand off a crappy economy to the Obama administration. I do agree that Obama is Bush lite. I will also say hell yes I voted for Obama. I could not bring myself to vote another republican into the WH. I do agree with BW on two things and that is Halliburton there should not been a no-bid contract. There was not enough oversight on this company at all. I do think Cheney had a lot to do with it and the rich are buying the politicians.  Just because a person doesn’t agree with Obama doesn’t make them a racist, it makes them wrong. I’m kidding. I voted for the man and I don’t agree with everything he says. The government does create jobs it also allows jobs to go away. If not for the government Waynesville and St. Robert and the surrounding areas would all be as big as Doolittle.

Offline Seeg

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2009, 11:47:48 PM »
The republicans were in charge for 8 years and did hand off a crappy economy to the Obama administration.

Fwiw, we had a Republican president for 8 years and a Republican congress for 6.  The last two (when the economy really tanked), Congress was Democratically controlled.

Also, I am not one that believes a president or a congress is what causes economical spikes or downfalls. There are cycles that will happen regardless of who is "in charge".  Does anyone really believe that the gas "shortages" of the 70's were caused by Jimmy Carter?  On the other hand EVERYONE blamed Bush for the high gas prices 2 years ago.  Gas prices are at a 2 year high right now and I think the last person you could blame is the President.

OPEC has the industrialized world by the short hairs and until we're willing to use some of our 100+ years of untapped oil they will continue to rule the world AND the economy.
"I love my country... it's just the government I fear!"

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2009, 11:56:55 PM »
BUT. It is smart to buy from them when they can deliver for less, and we still have our supplies in the end. I bet we will charge an arm and a leg for it then.

Fwiw, we had a Republican president for 8 years and a Republican congress for 6.  The last two (when the economy really tanked), Congress was Democratically controlled.

Also, I am not one that believes a president or a congress is what causes economical spikes or downfalls. There are cycles that will happen regardless of who is "in charge".  Does anyone really believe that the gas "shortages" of the 70's were caused by Jimmy Carter?  On the other hand EVERYONE blamed Bush for the high gas prices 2 years ago.  Gas prices are at a 2 year high right now and I think the last person you could blame is the President.

OPEC has the industrialized world by the short hairs and until we're willing to use some of our 100+ years of untapped oil they will continue to rule the world AND the economy.

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2009, 12:18:35 AM »
BUT. It is smart to buy from them when they can deliver for less, and we still have our supplies in the end. I bet we will charge an arm and a leg for it then.

My sentiments exactly. During WW11 the country with the resources won. Use up theirs first. Our grand kids may need our natural resourses, why waist them.
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Offline Seeg

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2009, 12:27:16 AM »

I'd have to research this but at one time I think we had a cap on domestic oil prices.  I think that changed either with Carter or Reagan.

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2009, 12:35:37 AM »
I'd have to research this but at one time I think we had a cap on domestic oil prices.  I think that changed either with Carter or Reagan.

I just googled "cap on domestic oil prices" and the first page all had the word "China" in it.
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Offline Seeg

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2009, 12:39:04 AM »

I personally believe that in 100 years we won't even need oil - for anything!

Offline Seeg

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2009, 12:41:44 AM »
I just googled "cap on domestic oil prices" and the first page all had the word "China" in it.

Just found this (even though it's Wiki)....

Effect on the United States
Line at a gas station in Maryland, USA, June 15, 1979.

Richard Nixon had imposed price controls on domestic oil, which had helped cause shortages that led to gasoline lines during the 1973 Oil Crisis. Gasoline controls were repealed, but controls on domestic US oil remained. The Jimmy Carter administration began a phased deregulation of oil prices on April 5, 1979, when the average price of crude oil was US$15.85 per barrel (42 US gallons). Over the next 12 months the price of crude oil rose to $39.50 per barrel (its all time highest real price until March 7, 2008.)[6] Deregulating domestic oil price controls allowed domestic U.S. oil output to rise sharply from the large Prudhoe Bay fields, while oil imports fell sharply. Hence, long lines appeared at gas stations, as they had six years earlier during the 1973 oil crisis.

As the average vehicle of the time consumed between two to three liters (about 0.5-0.8 gallons) of gasoline (petrol) an hour while idling, it was estimated that Americans wasted up to 150,000 barrels (24,000 m3) of oil per day idling their engines in the lines at gas stations.[7]
Gas coupon printed but not issued during the 1979 energy crisis

During the period, many people believed the oil companies artificially created oil shortages to drive up prices, rather than factors beyond human control or the US' own price controls. The amount of oil sold in the United States in 1979 was only 3.5 percent less than the record set for oil sold the year previously.[8]

Many politicians proposed gas rationing; one such proponent was Harry Hughes, Governor of Maryland, who proposed odd-even rationing (only people with an odd-numbered license plate could purchase gas on an odd-numbered day), as was used during the 1973 Oil Crisis. Several states actually implemented odd-even gas rationing, including Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Texas. Coupons for gasoline rationing were printed but were never actually used during the 1979 crisis.[9]

On July 15, 1979, President Jimmy Carter outlined his plans to reduce oil imports and improve energy efficiency in his "Crisis of Confidence" speech (sometimes known as the "malaise" speech).[10] It is often said that during the speech, Carter wore a cardigan (he actually wore a blue suit) [11] and encouraged citizens to do what they could to reduce their use of energy. He also installed solar power panels on the roof of the White House and a wood-burning stove in the living quarters. However, the panels were removed in August 1986 during the administration of his successor, Ronald Reagan, after a leak and were never replaced.[12]

Carter's speech argued the oil crisis was "the moral equivalent of war". Several months later, in January 1980, Carter issued the Carter Doctrine, which declared that any interference with U.S. oil interests in the Persian Gulf would be considered an attack on the vital interests of the United States.[13] Additionally, as part of his administration's efforts at deregulation, Carter proposed removing price controls that had been imposed in the administration of Richard Nixon before the 1973 crisis. Carter agreed to remove price controls in phases; they were finally dismantled in 1981 under Reagan.[14] He also said he would impose a windfall profit tax on oil companies.[15] While the regulated price of domestic oil was kept to $6 a barrel, the world market price was $30.[15]

In 1980, the U.S. Government established the Synthetic Fuels Corporation to produce an alternative to imported fossil fuels.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1979_energy_crisis

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2009, 01:04:52 AM »
There will always be a demand for KY Jelly.. Especially in your case big splitter..

I personally believe that in 100 years we won't even need oil - for anything!

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2009, 01:11:36 AM »
There will always be a demand for KY Jelly.. Especially in your case big splitter..
:th_thmuwahaha-1: Bahahahahaha :th_gen129:
you da man ***(**&
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline Seeg

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2009, 01:13:38 AM »

What's so special about the Jelly made in Kentucky?
 :poke:

Offline Seeg

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2009, 01:22:41 AM »
Ask your victims.

Don't be a Dick Lepard!

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2009, 02:07:10 AM »
"Leftist liberals believe in fairy tales." But we defined a serious problem and had an answer 29 years ago. The Neo-Cons had their own answer, let the oil industry make the biggest profit possible, with huge tax brakes. And start a war to guarantee it.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2009, 01:37:18 PM »
still believing in fairy tales shady?

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2009, 02:11:12 PM »
"Leftist liberals believe in fairy tales." But we defined a serious problem and had an answer 29 years ago. The Neo-Cons had their own answer, let the oil industry make the biggest profit possible, with huge tax brakes. And start a war to guarantee it.

Carter is the one who went to deregulation.

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2009, 06:45:56 PM »
Uh oh... he's gonna try to split you in half Rick!  lol

Don't be a Dick Lepard!