Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Mass shooting at Ft. Hood  (Read 29090 times)

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
Mass shooting at Ft. Hood
« on: November 05, 2009, 08:19:49 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Proud to have served, US Army, WAC

Offline Eden

• Not in Drama Club or on the Debate Team!
    • View Profile
Re: Mass shooting at Ft. Hood
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 08:21:55 PM »
That is too close to Ft. Wood - I went into a panic!

Keep us updated.
"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned"

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 08:28:34 PM »
Right now they don't know if they were military or civilian shooters. Base is on lock-down, one shooter caught.... supposively dressed in BDUs.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 08:30:25 PM »
Have they locked down FLW yet??
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 08:42:39 PM »
Now reporting there is a third shooter... they are reporting they are in fatigues (guess they mean BDUs?)
Reporting shootings at house theater, one at PX, one at processing center.

Offline BigRedHouse

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 08:44:35 PM »
Why would they lock down FLW?  isolated to Hood.  It isnt like a WMD was set off.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 08:48:26 PM »
Why would they lock down FLW?  isolated to Hood.  It isnt like a WMD was set off.

3 different shooters dressed as Military...
can you say possible terrorist attack??
Duh?
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline BigRedHouse

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2009, 08:49:35 PM »
doubt it...

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009, 08:54:26 PM »
Apparently there was a graduation today, so even with gate guards, non-authorized personnel could have entered the Post.  FBI has been called in....
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,572305,00.html

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2009, 08:55:35 PM »
doubt it...
Why would you doubt the possibility? they catch terrorist everyday in this country, sooner or later some will get to carry out there plot before capture.
Prepare for the worst. Pray for the best.

Offline BigRedHouse

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2009, 09:01:29 PM »
There are also shootings involving more then one shooter every day, but we dont lock down every location it happens at. 
I pray for thefamilies of those that got wounded or killed...i pray for the police to catch these guys...but i refuse to fuel a post 9/11 panic.  It seems like everytime something happens people want to scream terrorist act....this happens a lot.....open post....in cities....wherever.  before 9/11 it was just a news event.....just like now.  If information becomes available to consider it a terrorist attack they would lock us down...but there is nothing to indicate that.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2009, 09:12:45 PM »
There are also shootings involving more then one shooter every day, but we dont lock down every location it happens at. 
I pray for thefamilies of those that got wounded or killed...i pray for the police to catch these guys...but i refuse to fuel a post 9/11 panic.  It seems like everytime something happens people want to scream terrorist act....this happens a lot.....open post....in cities....wherever.  before 9/11 it was just a news event.....just like now.  If information becomes available to consider it a terrorist attack they would lock us down...but there is nothing to indicate that.
When 2 or more shooters go on s military post to kill military personal it a terrorist plot.
It doesn't mean they are Muslim but they are Terrorist.
remember the oklahoma bombing and McViegh?
Terroist.
You must be a Obamanite right?
And we do lock down things everyday, wasn't waynesville school just locked down the other day?

Offline BigRedHouse

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2009, 09:19:08 PM »
no..not an Obamanite. 
And you are correct, 2 or more people by the DoD definition does make for a (possible) terrorist act.  That still doesnt mean we need to lock down here.  regardless of thier religion...it may just be a couple of knuckleheads that decided to start shooting for whatever inane reason they came up with.

If they did it in a crowed mall...it could be considered a terrorist plot...or just a shooting....dont let the location of a military post send you into a panic until it is decided that there is an issue.  W ehad some shootings here on Ft Wood a while back...they didnt lock down Fort Hood did they? I dont even think they locked down here...

do you really want to see the cars lined up out to I-44 again over a possibility?  I dont. 

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2009, 09:32:19 PM »
no..not an Obamanite. 
And you are correct, 2 or more people by the DoD definition does make for a (possible) terrorist act.  That still doesn't mean we need to lock down here.  regardless of thier religion...it may just be a couple of knuckleheads that decided to start shooting for whatever inane reason they came up with.

If they did it in a crowed mall...it could be considered a terrorist plot...or just a shooting....dont let the location of a military post send you into a panic until it is decided that there is an issue.  W ehad some shootings here on Ft Wood a while back...they didnt lock down Fort Hood did they? I dont even think they locked down here...

do you really want to see the cars lined up out to I-44 again over a possibility?  I dont.
So your worried about inconvenience and not saving lives huh?
I don't care if they back traffic up to St.Louis if it will save a life.
You don't live in the same world I do.
I live on the gulf coast next to Hurlbert field.
Trust me you couldn't even get on this base without security Clarence or Eglin air base Or Penscola NAS.

Offline BigRedHouse

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2009, 09:35:34 PM »
You cant get on those bases because of what is there...equipment...documents...ect.  What better opportunity for a terrorist to take some people out ....traffic all backed up....no where to run...and he starts shooting one at a time..slowly and methodically.   Lives will be saved when these guys are caught....or at least the last one.....still no reason to activate a full alert status here.

Offline BigRedHouse

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2009, 09:47:30 PM »
OK Maynard...I concede. i was watching a video feed from Ft Hood....they focused in on a truck with a sign on the back that said "Post Police"....not "Military police"

case closed...the terrorist will be caught by privates with trash bags on detail.   hahahaha   We can all sleep sound tonight.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2009, 09:48:48 PM »
You cant get on those bases because of what is there...equipment...documents...ect.  What better opportunity for a terrorist to take some people out ....traffic all backed up....no where to run...and he starts shooting one at a time..slowly and methodically.   Lives will be saved when these guys are caught....or at least the last one.....still no reason to activate a full alert status here.
Don't worry Matrsnot and a hundred of others with ccw permits will be there to protect you in the backed traffic.
Look BRH your not going to oneup me I'm a 66 yr old retired republican so just give it up.
&^&&( :th_th36_1_15:

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2009, 09:49:33 PM »
12 dead including a gunman is the new count....
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2009, 09:49:52 PM »
Have they locked down FLW yet??

No. I called PAO and there is nothing to release to the media yet about any security steps. Obviously FLW is doing things but equally obviously it benefits nobody but the terrorists to know what those things are.
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline BigRedHouse

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2009, 09:51:36 PM »
Don't worry Matrsnot and a hundred of others with ccw permits will be there to protect you in the backed traffic.
Look BRH your not going to oneup me I'm a 66 yr old retired republican so just give it up.
&^&&( :th_th36_1_15:

i already gave up when they brought in the Special Ops trash guys at Ft Hood....

Offline demo.dave

• Im a veteran of the unspeakable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2009, 09:55:56 PM »
This is from STLToday.

FORT HOOD, Texas (AP) -- At least seven people were killed and 20 wounded in two shootings Thursday at the Fort Hood Army base in Texas, the Army said. At least two gunmen were believed to be involved in attack, and one was in custody, the military said. The first shooting began at about 1:30 p.m. at a personnel and medical processing office, Army spokesman Lt. Col. Nathan Banks said. The facility, called a Soldier Rating and Processing center, handles administrative details for soldiers.

Banks says the second shooting took place at a theater on the sprawling base.

Sgt. Rebekah Lampam, a spokeswoman at Fort Hood, said it was not known whether the shooters were soldiers or civilians.

An Army spokesman said the base was locked down after the shootings.

Covering 339 square miles, Fort Hood is the largest active duty armored post in the United States. Home to about 52,000 troops as of earlier this year, the sprawling base is located halfway between Austin and Waco.

At the Soldier Readiness Center, soldiers who are about to be deployed or who are returning undergo medical screening - on average about 300-400 screened a day, Lampam said.

Lampam said a graduation ceremony for soldiers who finished college courses while deployed was going on in the auditorium at the time of the shooting.

The White House said President Barack Obama was notified of the shootings.

The base is home to nine schools - seven elementary schools and two middle schools - and all were on lockdown, said Killeen school spokesman Todd Martin.

Texas Department of Public Safety spokeswoman Tela Mange said Texas Rangers and state troopers were en route to Fort Hood to help seal the perimeter of the 108,000 acre base.

Fort Hood officially opened on Sept. 18, 1942, and was named in honor of Gen. John Bell Hood. It has been continuously used for armored training and is charged with maintaining readiness for combat missions.

---

AP National Security Writer Anne Gearan and Associated Press writers Lolita C. Baldor and Devlin Barrett in Washington, D.C., and Associated Press Writer Linda Stewart Ball in Dallas contributed to this report.

© 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy.

Offline Seeg

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2009, 10:00:30 PM »
FWIW:  from MSNBC....

A senior administration official told NBC News analyst Roger Cressey that the suspect who was in custody was an Army major with an Arabic-sounding name.
"I love my country... it's just the government I fear!"

Offline ♥♥♥Trena♥♥♥

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2009, 10:05:24 PM »

A senior administration official told NBC News analyst Roger Cressey that the suspect who was in custody was an Army major with an Arabic-sounding name.
Go figure....
Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, So love the people who treat you right, Forget the ones who don't, and believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Offline BigRedHouse

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2009, 10:06:27 PM »
GASP.....Maynard...you were right....good thing the post police is on the job

Offline Seeg

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2009, 10:12:35 PM »
Also updated to 12 dead 31 injured.

"A spokesman for Fort Hood said the shootings took place at two locations around 1:30 p.m.: the Soldiers Readiness Processing Center and Howze Theater."  MSNBC

Possibly preparing to be deployed to Afghanistan......

Offline demo.dave

• Im a veteran of the unspeakable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2009, 10:17:02 PM »
All 3 shooters were US soldiers.

Offline Seeg

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2009, 10:30:07 PM »

Now named as Major Malik Nadal Hasan.... 

Offline ♥♥♥Trena♥♥♥

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2009, 10:33:48 PM »
Not too surprising
Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, So love the people who treat you right, Forget the ones who don't, and believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Offline Seeg

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2009, 10:38:01 PM »
Better watch out, Trena.... you'll be labeled as prejudiced, racist and a bigot.
 $%$#@%^

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2009, 10:40:02 PM »
and the other two shooters?
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.