Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: PELOSI: Buy a $15,000 Policy or Go to Jail  (Read 1864 times)

Offline fish

• View Profile
PELOSI: Buy a $15,000 Policy or Go to Jail
« on: November 08, 2009, 01:09:43 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

JCT Confirms Failure to Comply with Democrats’ Mandate Can Lead to 5 Years in Jail
Friday, November 06, 2009

Today, Ranking Member of the House Ways and Means Committee Dave Camp (R-MI) released a letter from the non-partisan Joint Committee on Taxation (JCT) confirming that the failure to comply with the individual mandate to buy health insurance contained in the Pelosi health care bill (H.R. 3962, as amended) could land people in jail.  The JCT letter  makes clear that Americans who do not maintain “acceptable health insurance coverage” and who choose not to pay the bill’s new individual mandate tax (generally 2.5% of income), are subject to numerous civil and criminal penalties, including criminal fines of up to $250,000 and imprisonment of up to five years.
In response to the JCT letter, Camp said:  “This is the ultimate example of the Democrats’ command-and-control style of governing – buy what we tell you or go to jail.  It is outrageous and it should be stopped immediately.”
Key excerpts from the JCT letter appear below:
H.R. 3962 provides that an individual (or a husband and wife in the case of a joint return) who does not, at any time during the taxable year, maintain acceptable health insurance coverage for himself or herself and each of his or her qualifying children is subject to an additional tax.”[/] [page 1]

- - - - - - - - - -                                                   

If the government determines that the taxpayer’s unpaid tax liability results from willful behavior, the following penalties could apply…”[/] [page 2]

- - - - - - - - - -   

Criminal penalties[/]
Prosecution is authorized under the Code for a variety of offenses.  Depending on the level of the noncompliance, the following penalties could apply to an individual:
• Section 7203 – misdemeanor willful failure to pay is punishable by a fine of up to $25,000 and/or imprisonment of up to one year.
• Section 7201 – felony willful evasion is punishable by a fine of up to $250,000 and/or imprisonment of up to five years.” [page 3]
When confronted with this same issue during its consideration of a similar individual mandate tax, the Senate Finance Committee worked on a bipartisan basis to include language in its bill that shielded Americans from civil and criminal penalties.  The Pelosi bill, however, contains no similar language protecting American citizens from civil and criminal tax penalties that could include a $250,000 fine and five years in jail.
“The Senate Finance Committee had the good sense to eliminate the extreme penalty of incarceration.  Speaker Pelosi’s decision to leave in the jail time provision is a threat to every family who cannot afford the $15,000 premium her plan creates.  Fortunately, Republicans have an alternative that will lower health insurance costs without raising taxes or cutting Medicare,” said Camp.
According to the Congressional Budget Office the lowest cost family non-group plan under the Speaker’s bill would cost $15,000 in 2016.

http://republicans.waysandmeans.house.gov/News/DocumentSingle.aspx?DocumentID=153583

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
Re: PELOSI: Buy a $15,000 Policy or Go to Jail
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 02:28:28 AM »
This is breaking news worthy of a Teabag Revolution, Part Deux!!!!

This is the very very first time in the history of the UNIVERSE that a law carries PENALTIES for violating it!!!

STOP THE FREAKING PRESSES!!!

BREAKING NEWS ALERT!!!

Violating a law now carries a punishment.

The Democrats must be stopped!

They are making laws that punish violators!

Better to lock up Tommy Chong for 6 months in a federal prison for selling bongs online.
"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline Eeyore

• "Never leave your partner behind"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 02:33:50 AM »
     Ummmmm What does this accomplish?  Aren't the tax payers responsible to pay for health care for inmates?
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline Seeg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 02:34:47 AM »
Seems to me this is the first time in the history of the US that you have to buy a product just to be a citizen.   This is NOT good for small business owners!
"I love my country... it's just the government I fear!"

Offline CriTTer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 04:17:38 AM »
Seems to me this is the first time in the history of the US that you have to buy a product just to be a citizen.   This is NOT good for small business owners!
  no not the 1st time...that would be auto insurance

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 04:35:19 AM »
No com pairson.
You can buy the minimum car Ins. Or you can slide thru the cracks until your caught.
then maybe a fine or loss of your license.
Apple's and Orange's CliTTer ***(((*
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2009, 04:36:42 AM »

This is far from the first time small  (or medium, or large) businesses have had to comply with a federal, state, county or local law that required them to pay a sum of money or face civil and or criminal penalties, to include fines and or jail time.

Seriously, do they think we all just fell off the turnip truck?
"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline Seeg

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2009, 04:50:48 AM »
Car insurance is only needed for those who use the privilege of driving.  If you don't drive you don't need the insurance (which, by the way, is a HUGE number when you consider how many people don't even own cars in urban areas). 

As a small business owner I can tell you that small business associations across the nation (including the Chamber of Commerce) is ABSOLUTELY against this. 

As I've said many times before;  I'm all for health care reform but this is NOT the time or economy to put more stress on the heartbeat of the nation's economy -- small business owners.

I hope you like those turnips..... if Obama and his Dems have their way that's what we'll all be eating 3x a day!
"I love my country... it's just the government I fear!"

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2009, 11:00:41 AM »

The car insurance requirement is a state law (many states have versions of it now).  It was intended to lower the cost of auto insurance, it has not.  Actually, right after being put in place in MO auto insurance rates jumped because insurance companies knew they had a product you MUST have if you wanted to drive, of course at the time they said it was because of the requirement of the government to process all of the new people. 

The insurance lobby was the ones that pushed that legislation, I was on the board of directors of an insurance company at the time and was the only vote on our board against supporting the legislation the way it was written and to be put in place.  With all of the loopholes, I still feel I was right.

Dave
Political Website:  www.StateRepDay.com
Back Roads Recording:  www.backroadsrecording.com
Band Website:  www.MFNband.net
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/RepDay

Offline Traveler

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2009, 04:12:51 PM »
Actually, right after being put in place in MO auto insurance rates jumped because insurance companies knew they had a product you MUST have if you wanted to drive, of course at the time they said it was because of the requirement of the government to process all of the new people. 

I am sure that won't happen with health care especially when adding in pre-existing conditions. /sarcasm

What gets me about this post is this.......

Americans who do not maintain “acceptable health insurance coverage” and who choose not to pay the bill’s new individual mandate tax (generally 2.5% of income)

Looks to me like we will have a 2.5% Income Tax Increase plus have to pay to maintain Health Insurance or go to jail.
"The Republicans know we have a constitution, and they dismiss it with contempt and arrogance ... The Democrats simply act like they never heard of it ..."

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2009, 04:54:54 PM »
How many new jails will they have to build? 

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2009, 02:03:58 AM »
who will enforce this? my guess the irs. it won't pass the senate,I hope. winston should read the bills(all 4 versions) so he will know what he is talking about. many have no clue how the health care scam takes away our freedoms. Where you work, where you live, what you live in,what you eat, our everyday life will be tied to healthcare. the gov't will have almost total control of our lives.

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2009, 03:03:29 AM »
I have read a couple of them (of course they have changed some) and I don't remember which one it was in, but yes in one of them the IRS was the reporting agency.  Since they can track your finances, it was a natural for them to be the ones to see if you are meeting the government's requirements in both having the mandated insurance and making sure it was on their list of approved policies/coverage.

Dave

Political Website:  www.StateRepDay.com
Back Roads Recording:  www.backroadsrecording.com
Band Website:  www.MFNband.net
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/RepDay

Offline I have no username

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2009, 02:47:59 PM »
I have great HC and only pay about 6k per year for my whole family.
Μολὼν λαβέ

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
Dwight D. Eisenhower