Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Response of Sheriffs Dept  (Read 9841 times)

Offline dixonbob

• View Profile
Re: Response of Sheriffs Dept
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2009, 07:25:46 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

I have called and had the dispatcher hang up on me not once but twice. I was trying to get an appointment with the Sheriff but never could. HANG UP on me? No cussing or ranting and raving at all. All I said was do I have to camp out at his door to get to speak to him? I was railroaded on charges and was trying to eradicate a problem but their childish attitude was hang up on me. If I called and said I had money for them BAM Id be invited I bet!
FOUND the ignore button. Ha Ha

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2009, 07:42:24 PM »
First of all, if you let anyone in the court room know you are aware of what is called jury nullification, the lawyers will have you out in the first round of voir dire.  Second and very important is to realize it is NOT the job of law enforcement to protect us as individuals.  It is our job to protect ourselves.  Having said that, I suggest you read RSMo 563 and 571 so you will know what you are in for if you drop the hammer.  That applies out in public as well as under the Castle doctrine.  It is up to each of us to learn about such laws and to understand them to the best of our abilities.  I hope to never be put in a position to have to drop the hammer on anyone.  But IF I am, I at least have a very good understanding of what will happen in the aftermath.  And it is NOT up to the Sheriff to press charges.  That responsiblity lies with the PA, based on the investigation results submitted by the Sheriff's office.  I cannot say I will automatically side with a homeowner.  Need all the facts to make such a decision.  I do know that if shots are fired at my home, I will call 911, tell them I am under fire and will continue to resist any further assault upon my home or family until they arrive. Like Maynard says.  Fight Crime Shoot Back.

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• Land Of The Free, Because Of The Brave
  • Riding Vertical Shiny Side Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2009, 07:54:45 PM »
Do like this guy did.
One night, Old Bob was in bed with the Mrs, when he heard a bunch of commotion in the garage. He looked out the window and saw three individuals breaking into his garage. He called 911, and they told him nobody was available, to please just stay in the house and an officer would come by in the morning.
Bob hung up. 5 minutes later Bob called back and told them never mind, he had just shot and killed all three of them.
Within 3 minutes, City and County sheriffs along with Hwy patrol come racing into his yard. The found the three burglars still robbing the garage, alive and well. Bob came out of the house as they were arresting the three. The Sheriff walks up to Bob a little irritated and asks
"Thought you said you shot and killed all three?"
Bob responded "Thought you said nobody was available"
Freedom Of Road Riders,
Protecting and informing riders in Missouri
www.midamericafreedomrally.com

Please watch out for Motorcycles on the road
The life you save might be mine

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2009, 08:01:44 PM »
I remember that joke Taz.  Hope people don't do that seriously though.  False reports generate lots of paperwork for LE!!!!!

Offline Seeg

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2009, 08:13:48 PM »
It's already been hijacked so I'll try to lighten it up a bit more....

A police officer pulls a guy over for speeding and has the following exchange:
Officer: May I see your driverís license?
Driver: I donít have one. It was revoked when I got my 5th DWI.
Officer: May I see the registration for this vehicle?
Driver: Itís not my car. I stole it.
Officer: The car is stolen?
Driver: Thatís right. But come to think of it, I think I saw the registration in the glove box when I was putting my gun in there.
Officer: Thereís a gun in the glove box?
Driver: Yes sir. Thatís where I put it after I shot and killed the woman who owns this car and stuffed her in the trunk.
Officer: Thereís a BODY in the TRUNK?!?!?
Driver: Yes, sir.
Hearing this, the officer immediately called his Captain. The car was quickly surrounded by police, and the Captain approached the driver to handle the tense situation:
Captain: Sir, can I see your license?
Driver: Sure. Here it is. (It was valid)
Captain: Whose car is this?
Driver: Itís mine, officer. Hereís the registration. (The driver owned the car.)
Captain: Could you slowly open your glove box so I can see if thereís a gun in it?
Driver: Yes, sir, but thereís no gun in it. (Sure enough, there was nothing in the glove box.)
Captain: Would you mind opening your trunk? I was told you said thereís a body in it.
Driver: No problem. (Trunk is opened; no body.)
Captain: I donít understand it. The officer who stopped you said you told him you didnít have a license, stole the car, had a gun in the glovebox, and that there was a dead body in the trunk.
Driver: Yeah, Iíll bet the lying sob told you I was speeding, too!
"I love my country... it's just the government I fear!"

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2009, 08:54:56 PM »
LOL...ROFL way to get out of a ticket!!
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2009, 10:14:04 PM »
very funny i like that
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2009, 11:28:56 PM »
Didn't they used to have  "volunteer" officers in the Sheriff's department.  Not volunteers, what were they called? (man I hate old age)  I thought they had some unpaid staff at one time.  Whatever the reason for not responding it is not a good one.  As I said before, IF someone had been hurt, what would the excuse be then, and only having one person who could answer the call who was busy doing something else, is not an excuse.  RESERVE OFFICERS I think that is what they were called.  Were they paid or on volunteer status?
I think people leaving the department is not a good excuse either.  Hire somebody else.  In case you haven't heard the unemployment rate is 10%.  If it was my house, and I called for police protection, I would be p....... if nobody showed up for almost an hour.  No excuses.

In cases like this when the officer was "busy" there should be a plan in effect that they would immediately call SR or Waynesville or HP to go assist the person calling.  If you can wait till you are going then have them help you, you should be able to say, "look, we are swamped down here and this person needs help NOW." 

I have to say the SR police are always right there when called in our neighborhood and they have been called quite a bit.  They have never said "oh well that is a bad area so we will take our time."

Yes we have volunteers who give us great service and work for free. But it is a bit hard to find somebody who will work at 4am for free night after night. I doubt that little bit will ever change.

Yes my troops are underpaid and the cream of the crop finds more $$$$ elsewhere. But you get real good service from the ones who do stay. It is NOT always about the money. But the family must eat and they need medical coverage. Therefore a higher paying job scale would allow me to keep more people. The good news is that in LE circles we are becoming known as a real good place to get experience in all phases of police work. As a result we usually have a waiting list for the next vacant spot. We just have those spots way too often. For those who missed my words in the first post I was unhappy about the speed of the response. The deputy could have saved a number of minutes from his response time. For the most part the time saved would not have mattered because it was still to long. Bottom line the LONE deputy on duty at 4am cannot cover this whole county. That is a fact. If you do not like that fact then help me change the way Pulaski County makes us do business.

If you do not immediately see the problem with only one deputy on at any time of the day to cover this large county then I doubt that I can make you understand.

JB

Offline pulaskiivoter

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2009, 01:31:41 AM »
I only post to ask hard questions of the sheriff, but you guys are not being fair.  Igmah says train more reserves to volunteer.  Why don't you go down there and volunteer.  I don't know you, but no matter what your age, physical condition, etc, there would be something that you could do.  Why don't you all go down there and ask to do a ride along, or just sit in dispatch and watch.  I bet the sheriff would allow it.  You all listen to scanners, next time you hear one of those priority calls, time the response.  To be frank, get in your car and drive from Dixon to Laquey, how long does that take? Drive from Richland to Devil's Elbow, how long did that take?

I know some of the reserves, go spent $5,000 spend ten months in class and become a reserve.  Go be a reserve in the jail,  they are not deputies so maybe you could volunteer there. 

I think it is a bad deal if they hang up on you. I too would be mad.  So go volunteer to answer the phone and maybe they could learn from you.   

Hear is my point,  I too should go down there, but we all have "too much" other stuff going on.  Help can come in many ways.

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2009, 01:34:13 AM »
I only post to ask hard questions of the sheriff, but you guys are not being fair.  Igmah says train more reserves to volunteer.  Why don't you go down there and volunteer.  I don't know you, but no matter what your age, physical condition, etc, there would be something that you could do.  Why don't you all go down there and ask to do a ride along, or just sit in dispatch and watch.  I bet the sheriff would allow it.  You all listen to scanners, next time you hear one of those priority calls, time the response.  To be frank, get in your car and drive from Dixon to Laquey, how long does that take? Drive from Richland to Devil's Elbow, how long did that take?

I know some of the reserves, go spent $5,000 spend ten months in class and become a reserve.  Go be a reserve in the jail,  they are not deputies so maybe you could volunteer there. 

I think it is a bad deal if they hang up on you. I too would be mad.  So go volunteer to answer the phone and maybe they could learn from you.   

Hear is my point,  I too should go down there, but we all have "too much" other stuff going on.  Help can come in many ways.

what he said.
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

Offline jeepguy

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2009, 01:56:48 AM »
I second that

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2009, 02:58:41 AM »
I see lots of complaint about reaction time for the PCSD.  We brought it on ourselves with the choices made for commissioners.  I mean we as a county and not as in we who did not vote for Zweerink or Ransdall.  It is done and we have to live with it.  Also remember we will still be in the debt Ransdall incurred last year for us too.  so it will be sometime before we are able to get what we are looking for in the LE department.  I honestly feel for JB on this issue. 

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2009, 04:55:42 AM »
You just can't volunteer to go on a ride along. I did last year to take the bad folks to other courts. JB does not have the insurance to cover your butt if something happens. A friend of mine was willing to dispatch but for some reason did not get the green light. He was a retired MP with a clean record. I guess there is allot of hoops and rings to go thru.
If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2009, 01:46:53 PM »
I have said before I am not "anti JB,"  He had my vote in the last election and he will get it again if he chooses to run, although I don't know why he would want to without the support of the people who finance his operation.

It isn't his "fault" that he doesn't have the officers he needs to operate the Sheriff's department efficiently.  What I'm saying is, if one of your loved ones called the sheriff because they were being attacked, the excuse that "there was only one officer on duty" would not be a good enough excuse for you if that loved one was seriously hurt or killed. 

Is there anyone on the commission that backs the department and wants to give them more money.  Didn't I just read an article a week ago that said JB had received money from somewhere that would allow him to hire another deputy?

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2009, 02:16:43 PM »
I have said before I am not "anti JB,"  He had my vote in the last election and he will get it again if he chooses to run, although I don't know why he would want to without the support of the people who finance his operation.

It isn't his "fault" that he doesn't have the officers he needs to operate the Sheriff's department efficiently.  What I'm saying is, if one of your loved ones called the sheriff because they were being attacked, the excuse that "there was only one officer on duty" would not be a good enough excuse for you if that loved one was seriously hurt or killed. 

Is there anyone on the commission that backs the department and wants to give them more money.  Didn't I just read an article a week ago that said JB had received money from somewhere that would allow him to hire another deputy?

Yes there is, Eastern Commissioner Bill Farnham has backed every move I have tried to make. One vote of three.

No, we did not get the grant that would allow us to hire two deputies. We did get two grants worth $458K that would allow us to hire 5 jail staff , 2 dispatch, and one evidence tech.  BUT and I mean BUT at a meeting with he commission several weeks ago in front of a room full of media types who were asleep Presiding Commissioner Ransdall told me that I would have to find the money in my 2009 budget to fund the payroll checks of the 8 new employees until the feds did a repayment to the county and then the county could use that money over and over to pay the people.

The 2009 budget for the PCSD saw the loss of 3.5 employee positions and there is no way I can fund the payroll for the 8 new employees. So as it stands right now we will not be able to hire the new people if we ever get the green light from the feds to spend the money.

I have high hopes that the new presiding commissioner will consider a short term loan with our current bank to cover the shortfall in finance. This will not exactly be a long term debt because we will be repaid by the feds in a reasonably timely fashion. We are not going to have to try and figure out how to scrape up the money like we will for the $150K debt that hangs over our heads.

Nope, hell no, Pulaski County is not on the verge of broke. We are just severely financially challenged.
JB

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2009, 02:21:02 PM »
LOL... I actually pulled something like this on the sheriff recently with a call "checking out" an accusation that he and his deputies had been assaulting people by throwing rocks at them. I think Sheriff King thought I was serious for about two full minutes until he realized I was pulling his leg.

Regards,
DTM

It's already been hijacked so I'll try to lighten it up a bit more....

A police officer pulls a guy over for speeding and has the following exchange:
Officer: May I see your driverís license?
Driver: I donít have one. It was revoked when I got my 5th DWI.
Officer: May I see the registration for this vehicle?
Driver: Itís not my car. I stole it.
Officer: The car is stolen?
Driver: Thatís right. But come to think of it, I think I saw the registration in the glove box when I was putting my gun in there.
Officer: Thereís a gun in the glove box?
Driver: Yes sir. Thatís where I put it after I shot and killed the woman who owns this car and stuffed her in the trunk.
Officer: Thereís a BODY in the TRUNK?!?!?
Driver: Yes, sir.
Hearing this, the officer immediately called his Captain. The car was quickly surrounded by police, and the Captain approached the driver to handle the tense situation:
Captain: Sir, can I see your license?
Driver: Sure. Here it is. (It was valid)
Captain: Whose car is this?
Driver: Itís mine, officer. Hereís the registration. (The driver owned the car.)
Captain: Could you slowly open your glove box so I can see if thereís a gun in it?
Driver: Yes, sir, but thereís no gun in it. (Sure enough, there was nothing in the glove box.)
Captain: Would you mind opening your trunk? I was told you said thereís a body in it.
Driver: No problem. (Trunk is opened; no body.)
Captain: I donít understand it. The officer who stopped you said you told him you didnít have a license, stole the car, had a gun in the glovebox, and that there was a dead body in the trunk.
Driver: Yeah, Iíll bet the lying sob told you I was speeding, too!
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2009, 02:33:05 PM »
LOL... I actually pulled something like this on the sheriff recently with a call "checking out" an accusation that he and his deputies had been assaulting people by throwing rocks at them. I think Sheriff King thought I was serious for about two full minutes until he realized I was pulling his leg.

Regards,
DTM

It was candy DTM and most of the people were on my wife's side of the car so she hit most of them and it was a parade, a so called "free fire zone" if you will. Talk about how rumors get started!!!

Did I quote you well?

LOL

JB

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2009, 02:45:42 PM »
Yep, you did quote me well ... there are reasons I asked if you were busy before I started asking you those questions!

Have a better day!

It was candy DTM and most of the people were on my wife's side of the car so she hit most of them and it was a parade, a so called "free fire zone" if you will. Talk about how rumors get started!!!

Did I quote you well?

LOL

JB
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline fireman_jeff

• Common sense isn't so common
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2009, 01:31:40 AM »
Looking at google earth.... couldn't St. Robert PD have been able to make it there in a few minutes? How about some mutual aid. Works well in other branches of emergency services. Just an idea.
1*

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2009, 01:59:02 AM »
mutual aid, sounds like a plan to me!

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2009, 04:04:19 AM »
I believe JB said ST. Bob did respond once notified.
Women are Angels

And when someone breaks our wings....

We simply continue to fly.........on a broomstick...

Because we are flexible like that

Offline fknarmyguyretired

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2009, 05:37:04 PM »
If 911 was called, I would think the 911 people would stay on the line with the caller until they had someone in route to the scene if not actually on the scene.

Does not 911 have the ability to notify all emergency agencies?

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2009, 10:16:59 PM »
"He did grab 2 St. Robert officers to back him up and they did canvass the area."  That sounds to me like he took them with him, not sent them there ahead of time.

Offline esb

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2010, 11:41:13 PM »
42 minutes?? I guess I should feel luckly... My wife and I caught 4 people INSIDE our house a couple weeks ago. PCSD had a 37 minute response time (approx 7am monday morning)...All 4 people had records. All 4 were on a FIRST name bases w/both the PSCD officers and the St Robert Officers that responded. These people were so well known by the PCSD officers that one officer knew medical history of one, and knew the one of the other was on probation/parole and 'should have been' at work...

I now have a new toy that makes lots of noise! My next issue will be handled 'in-house' and whenever the cops show up they can clean up the mess...

I find this response time confusing. I can fart and have 2 PCSD and 2 MHP slide in my yard in minutes.And this woman claims shots fired at her home and no response for 42 minutes cause the only officer was busy. Busy as in- More critical than shots fired at a home? All I can say is dont depend on the PCSD for help. Arm your selfs and take action if needed. OH WAIT!!! If you have a loaded gun in your home and kick back and have a beer YOU GO TO JAIL!!!!!!!1 Id have to say never call the PCSD . When you have a problem and call them you have 2 problems. Thats a sad way to think but its true. Our Sherrifs Dept is pitiful and will be till more growth and tax revenues can generate more cash.

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2010, 12:28:10 AM »
I think I might be a little more careful about what I post if I were you.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2010, 12:40:46 AM »
I think I might be a little more careful about what I post if I were you.
Thinking would be premeditated right?
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2010, 12:46:15 AM »
Thinking would be premeditated right?

pretty much sounded like a threat to me

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2010, 01:06:57 AM »
I don't perceive the threat.  But that is just me.  As for taking action inside your own home, that is permissable under the Castle Doctrine.

Offline demo.dave

• Im a veteran of the unspeakable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2010, 01:18:35 AM »
Yeah it sounds legal to me. You have the right to protect in your own home or property. My thought would be personally i wouldnt want people knowin im loaded and ready. Be a lot better if it was a surprise to them when i come out blazin in a hail of glory. Them knowin im locked and loaded tells them that if they were to mess with you...they will have the upper hand since they know to be prepared and could start it before i had the chance.

Not directed at anyone. Thats just why i myself wouldnt say. But then again them knowin also could make them stay away in the first place knowin they would face death.

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2010, 01:32:49 AM »
i read it to be against known persons....if i read it wrong i apologize, but if it was against known persons then it is a threat imo