Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Saint Robert City Ordiance # 200.250 / GUN CONTROL  (Read 11059 times)

Offline AMERICAN_PATRIOT_1776

• Lurker
  • Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
Saint Robert City Ordiance # 200.250 / GUN CONTROL
« on: November 21, 2009, 01:42:42 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Recently the NRA sent me a Notification that the City Fathers of Saint Robert passed a city Ordinance # 200.250 that Prohibits the shooting or firing of ANY Project device within the City limits of St.Robert ,Missouri. This  Ordinance  Strictly Prohibt the shooting of  BB guns, sling shot , rocks, pellets , bullets , arrows  or any hard projectile within the city limits of St.Robert!
      (  The  ONLY EXEMPTION TO THIS CITY ORDINANCE  IS  200.240 )  , ( THAT ALLOWS FOR THE LAWFUL HUNTING OF GAME !)    ,    SO UNDER THE NEW ORDINANCE 200.250  YOU CANNOT EVEN LEGALLY SHOOT ANY BB, BULLET , PELLET, ROCK , ARROW OR ANY HARD PROJECTILE TOWARDS ANY ARMED  CRIMINAL TO PROTECT YOU OR YOUR FAMILY  !!!   THIS IS TOTALLY UBSURB AND AGAINST THE SECOND AMENDMENT ! :anger: :anger: :anger:

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
Re: Saint Robert City Ordiance # 200.250 / GUN CONTROL
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 02:49:14 AM »
They cannot go against state premption.  In other words, It IS legal to protect yourself by whatever means when your life is in danger or you are in danger of grievous bodily harm.  That includes shooting to protect yourself or another in such danger.  RSMo 563 and 571.  You will also find if you look, that there is no city ordinance against open carry in St. Robert.  Do not assume it is against the law there to discharge a firearm for self protection.  Check with Kevin Hillman, city attorney.

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 03:15:38 AM »
I spoke with the Mayor after getting the e-mail from the NRA and a few other folks.  Trying to stop self-defense was not their intention according to him (I didn't think it was).  They may have thought the Castle Doctrine took care of the self-defens issue, but either way he left me with the impression that they will be visiting this issue asap.

Dave
Political Website:  www.StateRepDay.com
Back Roads Recording:  www.backroadsrecording.com
Band Website:  www.MFNband.net
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/RepDay

Offline kevinhillman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 04:53:34 AM »
My former neighbor Matrsnot is correct.  The castle doctrine and state law would preempt any ordinance.  So, you are still allowed to defend yourself and it was never anyone's intention to take that away.

The prohibition against firing any projectile was actually already in the city code and has been there for many years.  We amended that section to allow firearm hunting in areas zoned agricultural and to allow bow hunting in other areas of the city. 

I think you'll find that most, if not all, members of the city council are strong supporters of the 2nd Amendment and this was not done to restrict anyone's right to their firearms.  In fact, it was done to allow some hunting and to clarify where you could do that.  I wrote the changes so I have it on pretty good authority that there was no secret agenda.

I hope that clears up any confusion.

Kevin Hillman
St. Robert City Attorney
Follow me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/kevinshillman

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 07:03:14 AM »

"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 02:31:10 PM »
My former neighbor Matrsnot is correct.  The castle doctrine and state law would preempt any ordinance.  So, you are still allowed to defend yourself and it was never anyone's intention to take that away.

The prohibition against firing any projectile was actually already in the city code and has been there for many years.  We amended that section to allow firearm hunting in areas zoned agricultural and to allow bow hunting in other areas of the city. 

I think you'll find that most, if not all, members of the city council are strong supporters of the 2nd Amendment and this was not done to restrict anyone's right to their firearms.  In fact, it was done to allow some hunting and to clarify where you could do that.  I wrote the changes so I have it on pretty good authority that there was no secret agenda.

I hope that clears up any confusion.

Kevin Hillman
St. Robert City Attorney

*claps hands in loud applause* :-)
Women are Angels

And when someone breaks our wings....

We simply continue to fly.........on a broomstick...

Because we are flexible like that

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2009, 05:43:32 PM »
I like the beware of dog cartoon and the Preparedness is good too.  One funny and the other realistic.

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2009, 07:20:23 PM »
Lol . Dont get me wrong, Im a serious Gun advocate. but I dont think thats realistic.....Id say unless you are supporting a militia you dont need that many...lol
Biscuit

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2009, 02:17:57 AM »
I don't live in St. Robert, so don't really have a dog in this fight... But, outlawing BB guns?  At one time that was a right of passage for a boy to shoot his (or someone elses) eye out...  Paintball?  That means I couldn't take my son out in the back yard & have a friendly game of paint ball?  Seems a little too far to me, but once again I don't have a dog in this fight...
The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. Cicero - 55 BC, Rome

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2009, 02:47:59 AM »
Lol . Dont get me wrong, Im a serious Gun advocate. but I dont think thats realistic.....Id say unless you are supporting a militia you dont need that many...lol

Maybe he is a militia of one.   :yahoo:

Offline Seeg

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2009, 04:10:39 AM »
I don't live in St. Robert, so don't really have a dog in this fight... But, outlawing BB guns?  At one time that was a right of passage for a boy to shoot his (or someone elses) eye out...  Paintball?  That means I couldn't take my son out in the back yard & have a friendly game of paint ball?  Seems a little too far to me, but once again I don't have a dog in this fight...

Reminds me of the guy who told this story....

Seems he and his brother were always shooting at each other with their BB guns and their mom got upset and told him, "You're just not going to be happy until you put your brother's eye out, are you?"  Well, he said the next day he shot his brother right in the eye and guess what he said??  "I'm still not happy!" 
"I love my country... it's just the government I fear!"

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2009, 02:27:16 PM »
Thanks for the clarification Kevin.  There were comments on another board and from the NRA.  I posted your comments (without your name) specifying you are the city attorney and what the change to the ordinance means.  Hope they settle down there too.

Offline Traveler

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2009, 03:38:55 PM »
The prohibition against firing any projectile was actually already in the city code and has been there for many years.

Just yesterday I threw my Bow target out in the yard and practiced. Glad I don't live in St. Robert, I would have been breaking the law for many years.

If I wasn't addicted to Wally World I wouldn't even drive through the place. ^^^%%%
"The Republicans know we have a constitution, and they dismiss it with contempt and arrogance ... The Democrats simply act like they never heard of it ..."

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2009, 03:49:54 PM »
I dont get it, you can't practice with your bow, but you can hunt? Somehow that does not make sense to me.
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

Offline kevinhillman

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2009, 03:36:00 PM »
I have attached a letter from Mayor Sanders in regards to the supposed ban on firearm discharge in St. Robert.  I also put the text below.  I hope it also helps clear up the confusion.  As I stated earlier, we were actually trying to allow for hunting in the city this season, not ban anyone's firearms or prevent them from defending themselves.

Kevin Hillman
St. Robert City Attorney

November 25, 2009

Re:  Recent Changes to City Code Regarding Firearms and Hunting

It has come to my attention that a recent posting on a website has stated “City of St. Robert Passes Discharge Ban!”  The information contained in that posting is not correct and has left out important information.

On October 5, 2009, the City Council adopted an ordinance to amend Section 200.240 of the City Code which is the section that deals with firearms.  The amendment actually relaxed the firearm restrictions and allowed for hunting with a firearm in areas of the city that are zoned agricultural.  In addition, the amendment allowed for hunting with a bow or cross-bow in other areas of the city. 

The intent of the city council was to allow for hunting within the city limits.  There was no intent to limit the ability of anyone to defend their persons or homes with a firearm.  It should be noted that Section 200.240 of the City Code also has a specific section allowing a city resident to be “engaged in an act of lawful defense.”  As such, the “Castle Doctrine” of self-defense as stated in Sections 563.031 and 563.074 R.S.Mo. is clearly recognized by the City of St. Robert.

After that meeting, it was discovered that another existing section of the city code did not allow for the use of air guns, cross bows, or bows and arrows within the city limits.  That section does not mention firearms.  This was Section 200.250 of the City Code, which is the section cited by the website.  Therefore, in order to allow hunting in the city limits, the city council amended Section 200.250 to allow for bow and cross-bow hunting.

It appears that Section 200.250 has been in the City Code for over 20 years.  It should also be pointed out that the section that was amended specifically to relax the restrictions in place for a number of years for weapons other than firearms.  It was not done to restrict the ability to own a firearm or use it in an act of lawful self-defense.

Finally, it should be noted that state statutes always take precedence over a municipal ordinance.  As such, Sections 563.031 and 563.074 R.S. Mo. which state Missouri’s “Castle Doctrine” apply in the City of St. Robert and take precedence over the ordinances.

It is my hope that this clears up any misunderstanding that may have arisen from the steps city council took to allow for hunting this firearm and bow season in the City of St. Robert.  I believe I speak for the majority of the City Council in stating that we support the Second Amendment and the right of all Americans to own and use a firearm for their protection.

Sincerely,

George Sanders
Mayor, City of St. Robert, Missouri

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline I have no username

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2009, 05:13:10 PM »
Better send that to the NRA LOL.  Glad St Bob isnt gonna be an antigun area....I would have certainly moved...no reason to provide tax dollars to a city I dont agree with.

Thanks & happy T day to St Robert and citizens.
Μολὼν λαβέ

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2009, 07:14:25 AM »
Well, this is what I get for not checking the board in detail for a few days.

Kevin, I am not going to bother you at home on Thanksgiving Day, but if you see this message, I would appreciate it if you would call me since I will be working. Obviously I'm going to need to get an article written about this ASAP.
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2009, 07:21:56 PM »
This topic.

LOL.

Offline kevinhillman

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2009, 05:49:29 PM »
I thought you all may want to see the updated alert sent out by the NRA after speaking with them.  Hopefully, this puts to rest the idea that we were somehow trying to restrict self-defense in St. Robert.  Here is the link: http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=5236

Kevin Hillman
St. Robert City Attorney