Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: County Line  (Read 4139 times)

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
County Line
« on: November 30, 2009, 07:13:52 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

If the PC Sheriff car I saw sitting right outside the county line going north on I-44 was tagging traffic this morning around 11 am... I just wanna ask... WHY?

Don't we need those guys in other areas doing more important things than traffic duty on the COUNTY LINE... I thought that I-44 was taken care of by the Highway Patrol?

I'm just curious because it was on a hill right at the county line.  I have always thought that that was shady on law enforcements end of things.

He may have had another purpose sitting there for all I know.  I'm just a little curious because cops sitting on hills tagging cars is one of my peeves because I have a big heavy car and its sometimes hard to slow down to EXACTLY 70 mph coming outta cruise before a deputy might tag me and start getting excited about my SS tags on my car.

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
Re: County Line
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 07:29:41 PM »
I44 runs East & West.  So, were they sitting on the Eastern line with Phelps county or on the Western line with Laclede County?
The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. Cicero - 55 BC, Rome

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 07:34:47 PM »
Sorry, thought I put that in there.

Phelps.

I44 runs East & West.  So, were they sitting on the Eastern line with Phelps county or on the Western line with Laclede County?

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 07:47:41 PM »
Hopefully JB will have a response.  I've expressed my view on PCSD running traffic, but they got a grant a while back that now requires them to run traffic...  Personally, I'd rather see it on our secondary roads (28, 17, 133, etc.) than on I44.  I can't stand it when Sheriffs Depts & local PDs run traffic on the Interstate; that's what MSHP is for.  IMHO, the only reason non-MSHP agencies run traffic on I44 is to boost their bank accounts, and that's not right...

If you want to run radar join the MSHP.
If you want to write tickets for running red lights & stop signs join a local PD.
If you want to serve papers & do some various other LE duties join the SD.
My opinions.
The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. Cicero - 55 BC, Rome

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 08:35:34 PM »
I agree.

Hopefully JB will have a response.  I've expressed my view on PCSD running traffic, but they got a grant a while back that now requires them to run traffic...  Personally, I'd rather see it on our secondary roads (28, 17, 133, etc.) than on I44.  I can't stand it when Sheriffs Depts & local PDs run traffic on the Interstate; that's what MSHP is for.  IMHO, the only reason non-MSHP agencies run traffic on I44 is to boost their bank accounts, and that's not right...

If you want to write tickets for running red lights & stop signs join a local PD.
My opinions.

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 03:26:18 PM »

My opinions.

So far we have received or we are in line to receive about $20K in overtime money for the deputies from MODOT. The extra $$$ for working on their days off helps my underpaid deputies live. We have also picked up about $10K worth of free equipment from MODOT. The bulk of our traffic work is done on the secondary roads (M28, M17,M7, etc.) but we are tasked to also hit I-44 for some of the work. While we are doing the traffic grant we have picked off drug cases,a host of active warrants, and other criminal violations. The bulk of our traffic enforcement is done on the grant OT money. We have always enforced the traffic laws and run radar, even under JT and other sheriff's. Due to the grant money we are simply seen much more doing this traffic work these days.

Why do this? We have had over 100 people killed in traffic wrecks in Pulaski County in the last ten years. If we had 100 murders you would be marching in protest against our failure to keep you safe. You are just as dead after the car wreck.

Money, not one cent of the money paid to the court as a fine comes to the PCSD. We do get a $1.00 fee for each UTT written in the county (state court) that is part of the "court costs" assessed to each UTT. This $1.00 fee goes into a fund that helps pay for the training of my deputies. So no we do not get fat off the UTT's issued in this county by our deputies.

But, if we ever get lucky on I-44 and nail the 500 Pound load of cocaine or whatever and the DEA takes the case for delivery and ends up with drug money, property seizures , etc. then yes we would stand to profit greatly from said traffic stop. It would give me great pleasure to issue a press release that said we made $235,000.00 from a drug forfit via the DEA. And brother what I could do for the department with such a seizure would greatly enhance the department.

I think I covered all the points except the first one. I have no clue who or why the deputy was  on I-44 at the Phelps-Pulaski County line.

JB

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 12:09:10 AM »
Sorry, I don't agree with the allocation of manpower in that way when dealing with the various departments.

JMO.

Offline demo.dave

• Im a veteran of the unspeakable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2009, 12:23:35 AM »
There was a deputy runnin 133S today pullin people over. If they are doing their job(which also consists of running radar and pulling people over for traffic violations) then i dont see a problem with it. There are times when i speed and if a county mounty pulls me over for it, so be it. I was in the wrong and thats their job.

And no im not arguing with anyone on here. These are just opinions. Im not saying your opinion is wrong.

Offline cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2009, 01:33:00 AM »
There are for sure three but I think four MSHP living in Richland and patrol south 133 on  a regular basis,  particularly at the beginning and end of shift change.

Offline demo.dave

• Im a veteran of the unspeakable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2009, 02:22:20 AM »
There are for sure three but I think four MSHP living in Richland and patrol south 133 on  a regular basis,  particularly at the beginning and end of shift change.

A cop can sit there and write tickets all day everyday on that road. I know there are 3 and one of those lives on 133S. I do know that one of them takes 7 most days because he is going home from his shiftwhen im on my way to work. I see him somewhere on 7.

I dont see why that should stop county from keeping out roads safe though. People get mad if they arent doing their job and now people get mad that they are. I see a circle here.

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2009, 03:24:29 PM »
They were on T Hwy yesterday and I think it's wonderful!!! I would rather have them sitting and running traffic and slowing down idiot drivers (myself included, I had to hit the breaks when I saw them) than sitting at Citgo/BP, Smitty's in Waynesville smoking and drinking coffee. 

I think this is an excellent show of initiative and believe they should be commended for their efforts in further protecting the citizens of our county.

GOOD JOB Deputies!!!!
Women are Angels

And when someone breaks our wings....

We simply continue to fly.........on a broomstick...

Because we are flexible like that

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2009, 03:53:09 PM »
They can always come sit on Texas Road, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline wildman

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2009, 05:21:58 PM »
Coming back from Rolla yesterday I saw two Doolittle police cars working on I44. I have no problem with county working any road. Just have mercy on me.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2009, 06:08:42 PM »
Wow, yesterday would have been the day to commit a crime in Doolittle.  They can't have more than two policemen on duty at a time.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2009, 02:36:40 AM »
Well, working traffic is all fine and ok by me, but the methods in their choosing where to do so has always been a mystery to me.

I remember needing a deputy at After Dark this past summer to make a report on a traffic accident in the parking lot at the end of the night... but we were told that there were no deputies available and that we were just "out of luck."  Yes... those were the literal words... "your out of luck."  It took two hours for them to tell us after we kept calling that there wouldn't be an officer available.  They could have saved us two hours of waiting in the wee am and just told us at the start that they weren't going to help us.

That's the stuff that irritates me.  Especially since I saw a county car casually drive towards Dixon with no lights or siren AFTER we made the call.  The speed he was going made it look like he didn't have anywhere to be but maybe at home asleep and that was his plan.  My scanner was silent... so, I'm not sure what was going on that night but it wasn't coming over radio.

Meanwhile, the guy who's car got hit had to fight his insurance company tooth and nail to get what he got because there wasn't a report filed.

In hindsight I guess I should have called the MHP and told them that PC Dispatch had an attitude and refused to help us.  They might have sent someone out to help us out.

I guess the budget is so tight that they were out of paper for reports that night or something.

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2009, 02:37:28 AM »
LOL.  I don't see it happening.

That road is like a no man's land.  LOL.

I saw that someone spray painted something on the sign at the start of the blacktop... but I haven't slowed down to see what it says.

Anyone know?

They can always come sit on Texas Road, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!