Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: 44 Percent Would Rather Have Bush In Office?  (Read 9188 times)

Offline fish

• View Profile
44 Percent Would Rather Have Bush In Office?
« on: December 10, 2009, 01:56:59 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

uh oh,
.44 Percent Would Rather Have Bush In Office?
Atlantic ^| 9 Dec 2009 | Marc Ambinder

It's a bit hard to believe, but that's what a Public Policy Polling survey suggests: that only half of Americans would rather have President Obama in the White House than his predecessor, while 44 percent would prefer George W. Bush to still be president. Here's PPP's Tom Jensen:  "Perhaps the greatest measure of Obama's declining support is that just 50% of voters now say they prefer having him as President to George W. Bush, with 44% saying they'd rather have his predecessor. Given the horrendous approval ratings Bush showed during his final term that's somewhat of a surprise and an indication that voters are increasingly placing the blame on Obama for the country's difficulties instead of giving him space because of the tough situation he inherited. The closeness in the Obama/Bush numbers also has implications for the 2010 elections. Using the Bush card may not be particularly effective for Democrats anymore, which is good news generally for Republicans and especially ones like Rob Portman who are running for office and have close ties to the former President.  Beating someone 55 percent to 44 percent is a pretty good margin in politics, but it's surprising given that the two contestants in this numbers game are Obama and the wildly unpopular Bush.
(Excerpt) Read more at politics.theatlantic.com ...

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
Re: 44 Percent Would Rather Have Bush In Office?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 02:44:35 AM »
A summary of your post............

But it's a good jumping off point for discussion. These numbers aside, how far has Obama fallen in the public's eye? His average approval/disapproval rating has slid into, and then back out of, negative territory--but it's nothing compared to how deeply unpopular his predecessor was. Obama may have his problems over health care, the economy, or Afghanistan, but when an alleged 44 percent preference for Bush sounds shocking, it should be a sign of the relatively sure footing Obama and his party find themselves on, at least as compared to the last administration
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 05:44:07 PM »
why are his approval ratings the lowest of any president at this point in their presidency? why are his approval ratings dropping? he's below 50%

• George W. Bush, 86 percent  Bill Clinton, 52 percent  George H.W. Bush, 71 percent  Ronald Reagan, 49 percent  Jimmy Carter, 57 percent  Gerald Ford, 52 percent  Richard Nixon, 59 percent  Lyndon Johnson, 74 percent  John Kennedy, 77 percent  Dwight Eisenhower, 69 percent  Harry Truman, 49 percent      (fox news)

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• Land Of The Free, Because Of The Brave
  • Riding Vertical Shiny Side Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 07:14:14 PM »
why are his approval ratings the lowest of any president at this point in their presidency? why are his approval ratings dropping? he's below 50%

• George W. Bush, 86 percent  Bill Clinton, 52 percent  George H.W. Bush, 71 percent  Ronald Reagan, 49 percent  Jimmy Carter, 57 percent  Gerald Ford, 52 percent  Richard Nixon, 59 percent  Lyndon Johnson, 74 percent  John Kennedy, 77 percent  Dwight Eisenhower, 69 percent  Harry Truman, 49 percent      (fox news)

Bush had high rating after one year, because of 911. Everyone was rallying behind him because he was still giving great speaches about taking out the terrorist.
I believe his rating was the lowest of any president at the end
Freedom Of Road Riders,
Protecting and informing riders in Missouri
www.midamericafreedomrally.com

Please watch out for Motorcycles on the road
The life you save might be mine

Offline cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 07:46:26 PM »
Wait till you see obama's final ratinggggggggggggggggggg

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 08:02:09 PM »
Bush had high rating after one year, because of 911. Everyone was rallying behind him because he was still giving great speaches about taking out the terrorist.
I believe his rating was the lowest of any president at the end

But still above Congress' rating IIRC

Offline Traveler

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 08:38:01 PM »
Obama lowest ever at the beginning and Bush lowest ever at the end.

The two unbrained factions are destroying our Country and arguing with each other over which party is destroying it less. Blind Ignorance IMHO.

No better time for a third party candidate like Palin.........

"The Republicans know we have a constitution, and they dismiss it with contempt and arrogance ... The Democrats simply act like they never heard of it ..."

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2009, 09:02:17 PM »
Part of Obamaís problems are left over from Bush. I donít blame Obama for the war. God save us from Palin.

Offline Traveler

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2009, 09:34:01 PM »
Part of Obama's problems are left over from Bush. I don't blame Obama for the war. God save us from Palin.

Obama stood before the country during the Democratic National Convention in 2008 and told voters that the greatest risk for the U.S. in Afghanistan would be to do the same old thing, play the same old politics, with the same old players and then expect different results.

He did the same old thing, played the same old politics, with the same old players and now he owns it all by his lonesome.

The only thing different between him and Bush is after taking 3 months to make a decision the people in charge were confused as to what that decision was. ^^^%%%
"The Republicans know we have a constitution, and they dismiss it with contempt and arrogance ... The Democrats simply act like they never heard of it ..."

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2009, 01:49:51 AM »
Obama is probably confused by his "decision' too Traveler. He has been confused since before he took office and he is still campaigning as we write on this thread.  I too am looking forward to a third party candidate, though not necessarily Palin.  She has a lot of maturing to do in the political arena before I can even begin to consider her as a viable candidate.  chas, you are still blaming Bush.  This is now Obama's war.  HE is the one escalating it and continuing with the same old war horses and the same strategy.  Perhaps that is why he so deserves the little prize he picked up today.  It has been almost a year and I still hear the cry that it is all the fault of Bush.  Better look at that congress with lower ratings than his and see what the did to this country to bring us to where we are now.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2009, 01:53:31 AM »
 :th_thbarfkiss1-1: a third party would split the vote, that favors the incumbent. that is how bubba got elected. Sarah said she will stay republican. I love how she drives the libs/dems nuts.

nobama supported the war in afghanistan. he says it is the war we must win. seems to contrast with the dems.

Offline CriTTer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2009, 02:23:42 AM »
uh oh,
.44 Percent Would Rather Have Bush In Office?
Atlantic ^| 9 Dec 2009 | Marc Ambinder

It's a bit hard to believe, but that's what a Public Policy Polling survey suggests: that only half of Americans would rather have President Obama in the White House than his predecessor, while 44 percent would prefer George W. Bush to still be president. Here's PPP's Tom Jensen:  "Perhaps the greatest measure of Obama's declining support is that just 50% of voters now say they prefer having him as President to George W. Bush, with 44% saying they'd rather have his predecessor. Given the horrendous approval ratings Bush showed during his final term that's somewhat of a surprise and an indication that voters are increasingly placing the blame on Obama for the country's difficulties instead of giving him space because of the tough situation he inherited. The closeness in the Obama/Bush numbers also has implications for the 2010 elections. Using the Bush card may not be particularly effective for Democrats anymore, which is good news generally for Republicans and especially ones like Rob Portman who are running for office and have close ties to the former President.  Beating someone 55 percent to 44 percent is a pretty good margin in politics, but it's surprising given that the two contestants in this numbers game are Obama and the wildly unpopular Bush.
(Excerpt) Read more at politics.theatlantic.com ...
  i guess its all in who is doing the poll.   he got 53% of the vote to win the election and now he has a 54% approval rating which is 1% more then what he won with...
 :poke:    CNN Poll: 54 percent approve of Obama   if    President Obama's approval rating of 54 percent is nearly identical to the 53 percent of the vote he won a year ago.  President Obama's approval rating of 54 percent is nearly identical to the 53 percent of the vote he won a year ago.   STORY HIGHLIGHTS 
  • The percent that approve of Obama is within 2-3 points of the percent who voted for him
     Among conservatives, the number who like Obama today is down 10 points
     A bare majority -- 51 percent -- approve of how Obama is handling foreign policy overall
             var cnnRelatedTopicKeys = [];         RELATED TOPICS   
  •              cnnRelatedTopicKeys.push('Barack_Obama');              Barack Obama
  •              cnnRelatedTopicKeys.push('George_W_Bush');              George W. Bush
  •              cnnRelatedTopicKeys.push('Dick_Cheney');              Dick Cheney
Washington (CNN) -- One year after he won a historical presidential election, a slight majority of Americans approve of the job Barack Obama's doing in the White House.
Fifty-four percent of people questioned in a CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey released Tuesday approve of how Obama is handling his duties as president, with 45 percent saying they disapprove.
"Obama's approval rating of 54 percent is nearly identical to the 53 percent of the vote he won a year ago," notes CNN Polling Director Keating Holland. "And in nearly every demographic category, the percent that approve of Obama today is within two to three points of the percent who voted for him in 2008. It's a different story when we turn to ideology. His approval rating among liberals is 7 points higher than the number of liberals who voted for him. But among conservatives, the number who like Obama today is down 10 points compared to his share of the vote among that group in 2008."
The survey suggests that the president's approval rating remains over 50 percent even though most Americans disapprove of how Obama is handling the economy, health care, Afghanistan, Iraq, unemployment, illegal immigration and the federal budget deficit.
How does he do it?
"By retaining a reservoir of goodwill left over from his election to the White House a year ago. Six in 10 say Obama inspires confidence in them; six in 10 also call him a strong leader who is honest and trustworthy. Sixty-three percent say he is not a typical politician. More than half give Obama a thumbs-up on 11 of the 12 personal characteristics tested," adds Holland.
Only 45 percent say he has a clear plan for solving the country's problems -- the only item on which a majority has a negative view of him.
It's a different story when it comes to issues. More than half have a positive view on Obama on only three of the 14 issues noted in the survey. Obama does get a 62 percent approval rating on the environment and -- despite recent vaccine shortages - 57 percent approve of how he has handled the government response to the H1N1 flu.
But a bare majority -- 51 percent -- approve of how Obama is handling foreign policy overall even though he gets some of his lowest scores on Iraq and Afghanistan.
Three days after winning the election, then president-elect Obama said he would succeed "if we put aside partisanship and politics and work together as one nation. That's what I intend to do."
Do Americans think the president will unite the country? The poll indicates Americans are divided, with 51 percent saying Obama will unite the country and 48 percent feeling he will not succeed in ending partisanship.
Another factor that may be boosting Obama's overall rating is the inevitable comparison with the man he replaced in the Oval Office. Fifty-seven percent say Obama has been a better president than George W. Bush; only a third say Bush's track record was better.
"Compared to Obama, Bush does fairly well among southerners and rural voters. But even in those categories, a majority still says Obama has done a better job than Bush," says Holland.
The survey also suggests that by 24 points, Americans think that Joe Biden is a better vice president than Dick Cheney.
The CNN/Opinion Research Corporation poll was conducted October 30 through November 1, with 1,018 adult Americans questioned by telephone. The survey's sampling error is plus or minus 3 percentage points.

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2009, 03:31:46 AM »
Bush had great approval ratings when the American people rallied around him after 9-11. His approval rating crashed when everyone saw how much crap he was causing.
Obama now has to shovel all the crap out of the barn. I'm surprised his approval rating is 54% now, no one is popular while shoveling shit. But by next election we will see if he got the job done.
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2009, 11:54:29 AM »
Critter you are right, who does the polling makes the difference.  Personally I put no stock at all in NBC, CBS, ABC, MSNBC, CNN, FOX, etc...polls, they are all slanted one way or the other and their sampling areas usually stink.  I think that Rasmussen is by far the best of the larger polling firms.  They have had a few trip-ups like most have, but overall their questions are the most fairly written and their samples are the most carefully planned.  Politicans will always quote polls from MSNBC, CNN, FOX, etc..., whichever ones makes them look good or makes their point, but I don't know of a single elected official at any level that actually relies on them.  Afterall, if they thought they were accurate, why do they spend millions of their own campaign money for polling?

It also matters where the poll is taken.  The House Republican Campaign Committee, just like the HDCC, does a fairly good amount of polling.  We go to great lengths to get fair numbers and huge samples for the state (if they are not fair numbers then they are of no use to us).  Just yesterday we went over numbers for a lot of things and the President's approval numbers are the greatest example of how location of a poll matter.  His numbers in Missouri went anywhere from in the St. Louis City area of about 64% approval to in many rural areas as low as around 30% approval.  If a polling company just polled one area, the numbers would be way off...a sampling must be sought AND completed in all areas for an accurate poll.

So yea, who does it matters because they decide how the questions are written but where the sampling is taken at matters equally...most do not spend the money or take the time to get a sampling that reflects the nation, state...whatever area you are polling.

Dave
Political Website:  www.StateRepDay.com
Back Roads Recording:  www.backroadsrecording.com
Band Website:  www.MFNband.net
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/RepDay

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2009, 04:46:38 PM »
gallup had it below 50%. It was also polled only 43% would vote for nobama again,down from the 52% of the vote.

Offline Traveler

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2009, 04:55:40 PM »
CNN? I might as well quote FOX.......

What is Rasmussen and Gallup coming up with would be my question?

"Obama now has to shovel all the crap out of the barn."

To bad he just took to shoveling more in.........

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2009, 05:00:39 PM »
Rasmussen can be found at:  http://www.rasmussenreports.com/  They do a daily tracking poll of the President, along with a ton of other polling around the nation. 

Dave

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2009, 05:38:24 PM »
I have said it before that I think Obama is Bush lite. That all politicians lie or at least go back on what they have said on some issues, and will say what they think will win then the election. I will quit blaming Bush for the war. My question is when we win the war will you give Obama the credit for it?

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2009, 05:56:37 PM »
I am not sure who you are talking to but I will jump (and I am not saying this to just win an election...lol).  When we win I will give the military credit as I would/will do no matter who is President.  I will also give the President credit for listening to the military leaders and giving them the resources to win, if they in fact did that.

Most Presidents don't have a clue about winning a war, that is what military leaders are for.  I just always hope whoever the President is will listen to the military leaders and if they do, I will always give them credit.

Dave

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2009, 11:24:56 PM »
Rep Day, the question was for all anti Obama people in response to matrsnot saying that I need to quit blaming Bush for the war. I agree that most Presidents donít have a clue about winning a war, however win or lose the President gets the credit or the blame.
I donít think your lying or will go back your response. lol

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2009, 01:33:36 AM »
nobama doesn't want to win the war, just a "successful conclusion".

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2009, 08:56:04 AM »
and youd rather see this country tear itself apart than win a war with a democrat in office.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2009, 02:39:26 PM »
this country isn't tearing itself apart. the troops and The US must have victory,just like iraq. whatever happens later is on them,we set the conditions for them to govern themselves. I don't want to see our militay men and women's efforts to be in vain. we already had a war that happened in.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2009, 02:51:49 PM »
If that is what Obama said, then I'm afraid I have to agree with him.  I don't think it is possible to "win" the war over there without out just going in with bombs and blowing things up.  I don't think that is the right thing to do and aparently neither does the government, toomany innocent lives would be lost.  But that is how we "won" in Japan isn't it.  Just like we have not actually "won" the war in Iraq.  We have come to a point where attacks are down and we are having fewer deaths but don't think for a minute that they won't rear their ugly heads again just as soon as they think it is safe.  That is not "winning" a war, that is getting a "successful conclusion" so we can get the heck out with our heads still up.  We went, we did what we could to help the people succeed in a democracy but, in the end it is up to them to uphold the status quo when we leave.  I don't believe there is a way to "win" the war in Afghanistan.  We can only help to keep most of the people safe until their forces "say" they are able to take over and we can leave, again with our heads up.  What happens after that is up to them.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline soulmatesrk

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2009, 05:36:01 PM »
There are rules of war- I know oxymoron, but as bad as it sounds...it is true.  No matter which President started this war-we must finish it or the enemy will finish it for us and kill every one of troops if possible.  I cannot stand Obama, that is neither here nor there-but he needs to do what is right.  Take our troops out of the war zone and flatten the whole damn country.  DONE-END-ETC!

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2009, 09:58:04 PM »
iraq is self governing,they have a police force,they have an economy,an active stock market,active flights in and out of the country,people have freedom.. the US mission has dropped off significantly. Units have pulled out and have not been replaced. It will be an ongoing mission for awhile. How long have we been in Japan,korea,germany,kuwait? Compare Iraq now with several years ago, it's a win. Hopefully afghanistan will be won soon also.

I like your strategy soulmate!

Offline prE4chEr

• Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2009, 08:27:11 AM »
Take our troops out of the war zone and flatten the whole damn country.  DONE-END-ETC!

Wow. It's been a while since I've heard something as classy as "flatten the whole damn country". So... just to be clear, you advocate killing innocent civilian women and children? Do you really think we should kill 28 million Afghanis for what 18 Saudi Arabians and one United Arab Emerate man did on 9/11?
(\__/)
(o.O )
(> < )  Look into my evil eye. Bunny needs brains.....BRAINS!!!

"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2009, 04:11:33 PM »
Political Correctness and of course "justice" demands that someone other than the perpetrators take the blame.  I mean when there is an accident in this country, someone still has to be responsible besides the person to whom the accident occurred.  I don't advocate flattening the country, but if we know where the bad guys are, a little scorched earth is not out of order.

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2009, 12:20:00 AM »
:th_thbarfkiss1-1: a third party would split the vote, that favors the incumbent. that is how bubba got elected. Sarah said she will stay republican. I love how she drives the libs/dems nuts.

nobama supported the war in afghanistan. he says it is the war we must win. seems to contrast with the dems.

Sarah will split the neocon/republican ticket right down the middle. This will get Hillary elected after Obama bows out in 2012.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2009, 12:24:23 AM »
Lots of independents out there (like me) who will not vote for either Palin, Obama nor Hillary.