Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Poll

Do you support legalizing marijuana in Missouri for medicinal purposes?

Yes
14 (77.8%)
No
4 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: What is your stance on HB 1670?  (Read 13150 times)

Offline I have no username

• View Profile
Re: What is your stance on HB 1670?
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2010, 02:07:42 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Doestnt matter to me.  Internet is full of opinions, and Ill stick by mine based on my own medical jugdements and personal experiences. 

Pain is important.  It tells you to slow down and not over do it.  Mask the pain and people tned to over do it and cause irrepairable damage.

I dont buy it. Period.
Μολὼν λαβέ

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2010, 02:13:05 PM »

One more thing to consider, for those who oppose legalization for medicinal purposes... 
How many people died of an overdose of prescription medication in Missouri in the past year?  Five years?  Ten years? 

How many people have died of alcohol poisoning in the past year?  Five years?  Ten years?

Now, how many people have died as a result of an overdose of Marijuana in the past 25 years??? 

That's one more argument blown out of the water by common sense & prudent research.

I'll challenge ANYONE to do the research and disprove the above.  While you're at it, add in rehab / detox centers & programs. 
Show me where this plant that grows in dirt and water is more harmful, or even AS harmful as prescription medications manufactured in a lab.
Show me how Marijuana is more dangerous than alcohol or cigarettes.
Come on, we live in the Show Me state...
The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. Cicero - 55 BC, Rome

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2010, 03:25:08 PM »
I would approve it but I have a stipulation: The drug can only be administered to people who have a terminal disease to handle the pain.  Should not be given to someone who is complaining of back pain or headaches.  I knew a woman once who had cancer, she was dying and she knew it.  She smoked marijuana because she said it made the pain tolerable.  And if it causes "irepairable damage" who cares, they are dying anyway.  At least they won't feel the pain as much.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline I have no username

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2010, 04:32:43 PM »
I would approve it but I have a stipulation: The drug can only be administered to people who have a terminal disease to handle the pain.  Should not be given to someone who is complaining of back pain or headaches.  I knew a woman once who had cancer, she was dying and she knew it.  She smoked marijuana because she said it made the pain tolerable.  And if it causes "irepairable damage" who cares, they are dying anyway.  At least they won't feel the pain as much.
I would agree to this as well.
Μολὼν λαβέ

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2010, 05:20:29 PM »
I would agree to this as well.

I don't understand the rationale behind limiting scripts to terminal patients.  I'm not being argumentative, just trying to see your points.  If this drug can help other non-terminal patients then why limit it?  What about those with chronic pain?
The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. Cicero - 55 BC, Rome

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2010, 05:24:22 PM »
My opinion is that just like people abuse pain killers like Oxycodone and other controlled pills, they would find a way to make the doctor think they are in exteme pain, when they aren't, just to get the marijuana.  That is just my opinion. 

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2010, 05:41:34 PM »
My opinion is that just like people abuse pain killers like Oxycodone and other controlled pills, they would find a way to make the doctor think they are in exteme pain, when they aren't, just to get the marijuana.  That is just my opinion. 

I respect your opinion, igahmah and agree with you; people will find a way to abuse Marijuana the same way they abuse other prescription medications.  However, it just doesn't make sense to me that we allow people to become addicted to drugs that are destroying their bodies, but we would put such restrictions on Marijuana, which is non-addictive and has minimal effects to the body when compared to the drugs mentioned.

There has to be accountability for medical professionals who administer the drugs, no argument there.  But I see Marijuana as a much safer alternative to what has become "traditional" medications for a magnitude of ailments.  I go back to my challenge, which is to compare addiction / overdose of Marijuana with other prescription medications.  There are documented cases of overdose from acetaminophen, which is an over-the-counter medication that my 14yo can buy at Wal-mart...

Offline demo.dave

• Im a veteran of the unspeakable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2010, 10:28:01 PM »
I'll challenge ANYONE to do the research and disprove the above.  While you're at it, add in rehab / detox centers & programs. 
Show me where this plant that grows in dirt and water is more harmful, or even AS harmful as prescription medications manufactured in a lab.
Show me how Marijuana is more dangerous than alcohol or cigarettes.
Come on, we live in the Show Me state...

Annual Causes of Death in the United States

http://drugwarfacts.org/cms/?q=node/30
Click for sources and to read on.

Biker this is one i found. Its an average number of deaths per year. No this is not from a "pothead site"[/td][/tr][/table]

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2010, 12:34:55 AM »
One time when I was young, a very long time ago, a very very long time ago, I almost died as a result of marijuana.  I was blow drying my hair and the dryer caught on fire and I didn't notice it.  My friend came in and told me. Could have been the first death as a result of marijuana.

:wee_fly:

Keep in mind this was a very, very, very, very long time ago.  I was very, very, very young and very, very, very stupid. 

Offline demo.dave

• Im a veteran of the unspeakable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2010, 12:37:37 AM »
One time when I was young, a very long time ago, a very very long time ago, I almost died as a result of marijuana.  I was blow drying my hair and the dryer caught on fire and I didn't notice it.  My friend came in and told me. Could have been the first death as a result of marijuana.

:wee_fly:

Keep in mind this was a very, very, very, very long time ago.  I was very, very, very young and very, very, very stupid. 

That was a result of the user. Must have been all the smoke that screened the fire eh? wink wink.

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• Land Of The Free, Because Of The Brave
  • Riding Vertical Shiny Side Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2010, 05:07:37 PM »
20,000 died having sex? Thats how I want to go    ***(**&
Freedom Of Road Riders,
Protecting and informing riders in Missouri
www.midamericafreedomrally.com

Please watch out for Motorcycles on the road
The life you save might be mine

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2010, 05:25:19 PM »
Marijuana could have been involved or the actual cause for any or all of those deaths listed.  Depends if the body was screened for THC.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2010, 05:31:56 PM »
Marijuana could have been involved or the actual cause for any or all of those deaths listed.  Depends if the body was screened for THC.

Speculation.  Ranks right up there with "Reefer Madness"

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• Land Of The Free, Because Of The Brave
  • Riding Vertical Shiny Side Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2010, 05:33:40 PM »
I Rumor has it smoking bad reefer makes you go bald and makes you grow irratic facial hair
Freedom Of Road Riders,
Protecting and informing riders in Missouri
www.midamericafreedomrally.com

Please watch out for Motorcycles on the road
The life you save might be mine