Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Philosopher: Why we should ditch religion.  (Read 25400 times)

Offline fish

• View Profile
Re: Philosopher: Why we should ditch religion.
« Reply #90 on: April 10, 2010, 01:57:19 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

majority of liberals are christian? did you take a poll?

wicca? I don't consider it a religion, it isn't comparable to christianity,judaism, no God. it is a man made cult.

I have not insulted any religion. but go ahead and keep reaching.

I still believe the pope is wrong, for the reasons I stated. But I am not allowed an opinion? think about it. a leader of a denomination that worships the Creator does not believe life came about according to the bible and God he is supposed to be following.

reread my posts on why I only listed the nyt. read slower this time.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 10, 2010, 02:05:16 PM »
you don't see humor in this? you need to unwind a bit. that was not an insult I made,but keep twisting.

kari:
<born to worry...I'm going today to pick up a good supply of hair dye... Buy stock in L`Oreal!
April 08, 2010, 12:31:05 PM

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 10, 2010, 02:59:44 PM »
you don't see humor in this? you need to unwind a bit. that was not an insult I made,but keep twisting.

kari:
<born to worry...I'm going today to pick up a good supply of hair dye... Buy stock in L`Oreal!
April 08, 2010, 12:31:05 PM
Ah, you didn't take the whole conversation, as one of our own is in harm's way..... so now, who's twisting and finding humor in being insulting to another person?
  • littlebit:
  • I have to run out to the flightline to check on flights for my people.
  • April 08, 2010, 12:18:06 PM
  • littlebit:
  • Thanks for noticing Kari.
  • April 08, 2010, 12:14:29 PM
  • littlebit:
  • I am online whenever I am in my office, or back at my bunk...
  • April 08, 2010, 12:14:08 PM
  • kari:
  • G'day to you littlebit... always good to see ya online!!
  • April 08, 2010, 12:12:29 PM
  • littlebit:
  • Good Morning Pulaski County!
  • April 08, 2010, 04:54:02 AM
Proud to have served, US Army, WAC

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 10, 2010, 03:21:59 PM »
majority of liberals are christian? did you take a poll?

wicca? I don't consider it a religion, it isn't comparable to christianity,judaism, no God. it is a man made cult.

I have not insulted any religion. but go ahead and keep reaching.

I still believe the pope is wrong, for the reasons I stated. But I am not allowed an opinion? think about it. a leader of a denomination that worships the Creator does not believe life came about according to the bible and God he is supposed to be following.

reread my posts on why I only listed the nyt. read slower this time.
Statistics Fish..... No poll needed.

Wicca IS a religion, recognized by the U.S Government, and insisting it isn't, your opinion, IS insulting to all that practice it.  To many people Judaism, and Christianity are man made cults, and you get insulted when people state that!

Pope John Paul, and the Catholic people NEVER said G_D was not the Creator, just that evolution is a PROVEN fact.  You are saying that Pope John Paul, and every Catholic that believes in evolution does not worship the Creator....."a leader of a denomination that worships the Creator does not believe life came about according to the bible and God he is supposed to be following."  That IS insulting!  I'm not Catholic and I find it very insulting!

You're listing of the NYT was to "prove" the media hates Christians.  THEY WERE REPORTING A NEWS STORY THAT WAS HAPPENING AT THAT TIME, just like other news media around the world, as I pointed out! 

Offline freethinker

• My boston - emerSIN
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 10, 2010, 04:19:30 PM »
both of you are members of man made cults. and so are the billions of other people who believe in god.

there. i said it.  :p

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 10, 2010, 04:40:28 PM »
both of you are members of man made cults. and so are the billions of other people who believe in god.

there. i said it.  :p
I agree.... Judaism, Christianity, Islam, etc...... man made, male dominated (which is obvious by reading the "Holy Scriptures"), and very destructive in the hands of most!

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 10, 2010, 05:12:58 PM »
I didn't care about littlebit's comments,I was making jest of your's . lighten up!

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 10, 2010, 05:20:13 PM »
nope, christianity and judaism are God made.
I don't get insulted, show me where! People can believe what they wish,God made us all free agents to believe as we will. accountability will come later.
Did I say the pope does not worship God? nope, keep twisting,won't work.
 The government isn't exactly the authority on what is what. remember, before Reagan, ketchum was a vegetable in school lunches! LOL LOL

evolution is not a proven fact. we already saw this movie.

goin in circles again kari! LOL LOL

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 12, 2010, 05:28:41 PM »
Pope John Paul died a while back.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 12, 2010, 05:59:40 PM »
Fish, Reagan wanted to make ketchup count as a vegetable in school lunches. Before Reagan it is was a condiment and still is. Sorry to interrupt your GOD fight.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 13, 2010, 03:07:29 AM »
I think the usda considered ketchup a vegetable when used as an ingredient.

no interruption. some can't handle truth and logic, might as well talk about ketchup! LOL LOL

Offline Waynesvillian

• ^^^HAHAHAHAHA^^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 13, 2010, 09:09:32 PM »
God isnt real, jesus was a man, and the bible conviently leaves out the parts of jesus's life that suggest his mortality.  If jesus really was the son of god why isnt his FULL life documented in the bible, also why leave out he had a wife and kids?  Man how would they ever refer to jesus's kids in the bible if they had to? The son of the son of god went down to the river........that would be like 1 billion more pages to an already useless history book.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 14, 2010, 01:36:10 AM »
proof villian?

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 14, 2010, 01:43:34 AM »
I think the usda considered ketchup a vegetable when used as an ingredient.

no interruption. some can't handle truth and logic, might as well talk about ketchup! LOL LOL

I think we should talk gnats...they are really thick down here...is it a plague?
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 14, 2010, 02:51:57 AM »
could be. my wife won the first tick of the year contest though.

Offline Waynesvillian

• ^^^HAHAHAHAHA^^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 15, 2010, 05:57:18 PM »
proof villian?

http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/tomb/tomb.html Jesus tomb has been found as well as the bodies of his family.  You ask for proof from non-believers siting your proof as a believer is faith and a book written by man hundreds and hundreds of years ago.  What proof is that? 

Just another thought as well, If god made man in his own image, in what image did he make women? Where did he get the idea of bigger breasts and the female reproductive system?

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 15, 2010, 07:30:14 PM »
That is a TV show.  Not proof.  If you have so many questions regarding God and Jesus and the Bible, you should maybe go to church and have your questions answered.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 15, 2010, 08:01:35 PM »
The bible is not proof of GOD. That is why it is called faith.  The bible doesnít answer a lot of the questions. There were a lot of books left out such as the Gnostic books that men decided didnít belong.  I have no problem with believers or non-believers other than the fact they both can be a pain in the -. If people would allow others to worship how they wanted as long as it did hurt others things would be better.  I also think atheists should be quiet on certain subjects such as the 10 commandments being on government buildings. What does it hurt? They are good rules to live by whether you believe in god or not.  Building that were built hindered (s) years ago that have them should be ok. If the people that wrote the constitution didnít have a problem with why should they.  If they answer is because the constitution says separation of church and state, see previous sentence. Of course atheists probably thing I should be quiet on the subject of atheists.

Offline Waynesvillian

• ^^^HAHAHAHAHA^^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 15, 2010, 08:59:28 PM »
That is a TV show.  Not proof.  If you have so many questions regarding God and Jesus and the Bible, you should maybe go to church and have your questions answered.

It is a tv show about the finding of his tomb and what was found there.  You know, physical evidence.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 15, 2010, 09:11:41 PM »
The problem isn't the ten commandments being in a government building, the prblem is that it is a Christian belief and people of other faiths should not have Christianity forced upon then, nor have their tax money be spent do do such.

The bible is not proof of GOD. That is why it is called faith.  The bible doesn’t answer a lot of the questions. There were a lot of books left out such as the Gnostic books that men decided didn’t belong.  I have no problem with believers or non-believers other than the fact they both can be a pain in the -. If people would allow others to worship how they wanted as long as it did hurt others things would be better.  I also think atheists should be quiet on certain subjects such as the 10 commandments being on government buildings. What does it hurt? They are good rules to live by whether you believe in god or not.  Building that were built hindered (s) years ago that have them should be ok. If the people that wrote the constitution didn’t have a problem with why should they.  If they answer is because the constitution says separation of church and state, see previous sentence. Of course atheists probably thing I should be quiet on the subject of atheists.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 15, 2010, 09:14:59 PM »
Also not have their tax money spent to take it down when it's already there.

The problem isn't the ten commandments being in a government building, the prblem is that it is a Christian belief and people of other faiths should not have Christianity forced upon then, nor have their tax money be spent do do such.

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 15, 2010, 09:46:37 PM »
You know what, screwíem. Now you know Iím not a religious person by any means. But this country was founded on Christian beliefs. To claim any different is to deny history.  The first people here came here to practice Christian beliefs the way they wanted to. Schools in the old days taught people how to read from the bible. In a lot of homes the only book a family might own was the bible. Our presidents use the bible to swear in. if walking into a building that some religious symbol on it offends you too bad. If itís there leave it alone, donít put it on a new building I donít have a problem with that.  People say that it is forcing a religion on them. No itís not. When I see the Star of David I donít get mad.  When you drive by a synagogue or church do you feel like because that building can be seen that it is forcing their faith on you?  No one is denied the right to believe in whatever faith they want as long as they are not hurting others or practicing stuff that is against the law.  I agree with Coyote donít spend my tax dollars to remove something that has been there for years.  People talk about because they can see it that it forcing a belief on them. They should consider themselves lucky to be living in this day and age where times have caught with allowing people there rights to believe how they want. It wasnít that long ago people were being burned or drowned for being a witch or heretic.  There are bigger problems then some words that were carved into a building a long time ago.

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 16, 2010, 01:44:30 AM »
If the majority "political/religious group" can express their views on the court house wall. Can someone who isn't of the currantly, popular "political/religious group" expect to have equal representation in that court house?

Don't take away the other persons rights just because, at the monent you are in the lead. Next time you may be sucking hind tit.............,
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 16, 2010, 01:49:01 AM »
why not? we were all created equal.

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 16, 2010, 02:02:03 AM »

Then be prepared to have your court house, advertising every religion in the USA on its walls.
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 16, 2010, 02:29:08 AM »
it ain't gonna happen, but I don't care, people are free to believe what they wish.

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 16, 2010, 03:42:17 PM »
I wasnít saying to add more but if it already there and has been for years leave it there. 

Offline Waynesvillian

• ^^^HAHAHAHAHA^^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 16, 2010, 05:52:39 PM »

We werent created, and by no means is every man and women equal to each other.