Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Yeah He REALLY Cares about the Consititution  (Read 2530 times)

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
Yeah He REALLY Cares about the Consititution
« on: April 04, 2010, 04:12:08 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
Re: Yeah He REALLY Cares about the Consititution
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 04:20:46 PM »
I heard that yesterday, on the news, and just sat there stunned.  How many died supporting and defending that Constitution that he doesn't care about!  Doesn't seem to know the difference between the Constitution and the Bill of Rights........and THIS is one of our Country's leaders? 
Proud to have served, US Army, WAC

Offline prE4chEr

• Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 02:10:07 AM »
Oh come on. None of you cared about the 5th, 8th, or 14th amendment when President Bush was in office. Only a few of you complained about the 4th amendment(matrsnot), but I didn't see much outrage amongst your fellow conservative base. The tea partiers don't care about the constitution. They are like most Americans, they don't know anything about the constitution. They just regurgitate the fake outrage they hear from Faux news and other "downstream" media.

Also, what amendment does the health care bill violate?
(\__/)
(o.O )
(> < )  Look into my evil eye. Bunny needs brains.....BRAINS!!!

"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 12:52:28 PM »
fake outrage again? LOL LOL ya might want to listen a little closer. the tea parties got a lot of people to wake up to the healthcare scheme, and more.

Rasmussen: Tea Party 48% Obama 44%
Rasmussen ^| April 5, 2010

On major issues, 48% of voters say that the average Tea Party member is closer to their views than President Barack Obama. The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey found that 44% hold the opposite view and believe the president’s views are closer to their own. Among voters not affiliated with either major political party, 50% say they’re closer to the Tea Party while 38% side with the President. Eighty-seven percent (87%) of those in the Political Class say their views are closer to the president. Sixty-three percent (63%) of Mainstream Americans say their views are closer to the Tea Party.

(Excerpt) Read more at rasmussenreports.com ...

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 02:48:19 PM »
fake outrage again? LOL LOL ya might want to listen a little closer. the tea parties got a lot of people to wake up to the healthcare scheme, and more.

I didn't say the tea partiers outrage was fake, I said Faux news outrage is fake. Glen Beck is a fraud, and the tea partiers are too stupid to recognize it. Tea partiers are this nations idiots. They can't spell, and they really don't know the constitution. What in the constitution makes the health care law unconstitutional?
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 03:59:54 PM »
What in the Constitution makes it Constitutional?  Where does it say the Congress and President can force people to purchase a product?  There is no place there for that.  No regurgitation from me.  I don't watch Beck or much of Fox for that matter.  The fact is, this dimocrat came right out and said he does not care about the Constitution.  When in heated discussion, the truth generally comes out.  Not when he comes back with an "explanation."

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 04:08:42 PM »
What in the Constitution makes it Constitutional?

Article 1 Section 8

"The Congress shall have Power to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay the debts and provide for the common defence and general welfare of the United States; but all duties, imposts, and excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;"

See how it says that congress has the power to provide for the general welfare of the United States? General welfare is a pretty broad statement. It could mean a lot of things.
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010, 05:09:18 PM »
It certainly does not mean they can force citizens to buy a product of their choosing (Healthcare) at their whim. I await the SCOTUS ruling on it.  And remember this idiot stated quite clearly, he does not care about the Constitution.

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2010, 05:43:14 PM »
There are a number of religious sects who do not believe in our health system, health care, Doctors, etc.  How in the world can they force those who find it against their religious practice to pay for something they will not/can not use?

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2010, 07:44:27 PM »
Courts can and have ordered people who’s religious beliefs put their children in danger by withholding treatments that a doctor has said it is needed.  In Oregon they pressed charges against two couples who let their children die. 

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2010, 07:50:12 PM »
Courts can and have ordered people who’s religious beliefs put their children in danger by withholding treatments that a doctor has said it is needed.  In Oregon they pressed charges against two couples who let their children die. 
Not everyone has children, but this will apply to everyone, regardless.

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2010, 11:33:25 PM »
It certainly does not mean they can force citizens to buy a product of their choosing (Healthcare) at their whim. I await the SCOTUS ruling on it.  And remember this idiot stated quite clearly, he does not care about the Constitution.

How do you figure it doesn't? If the product(healthcare) directly impacts the general welfare of the United States, they certainly have the power to require Americans to have it.

Yes, that guy doesn't know the constitution, but most Americans don't know the constitution either. Only 25% of Americans can name more than one of the five freedoms guaranteed by the first amendment, and only one in a thousand Americans can name all five. So pretty much all Americans are idiots, and they have a fair representation of the general population in office.

As far as caring about the constitution goes, neither party has shown respect for the constitution lately. If you care about the constitution, the best thing to do is vote for a libertarian. Unfortunately in most cases that is just throwing your vote away. So if you want your vote to matter, you have to choose between the party that admits it doesn't care about the constitution, or the the party that does everything in it's power to abolish the constitution. President Bush and a republican controlled congress actually did unconstitutional things, the democrats have only done constitutionally questionable things.
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2010, 11:44:48 PM »
I agree on both counts but do also believe this president is doing more to tear this country apart than any other previously.  He is worse than Carter was.  And please remember Obama did not let the Patriot Act die.  He kept it going and it is as Unconstitutional as it gets.  Yes  congress passed it, like healthcare, unread.  and both presidents signed legislation which they had not read either.  So we have at least two idiots in presidents and 535 congressional idiots.  What say we vote out all federal incumbents and perhaps get a few honest people in there to counter what Obama wants to do to us?  I do not agree that they have the power to make us buy any product.  None, Nada.  Healthcare it nothing more than a  ponzi scheme to get more money to the government and in huge amounts at that. If you don't know your rights, you dont' have any.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2010, 02:20:01 AM »
constituitionally questionable? LOL show me where forcing citizens to pay for healthcare is constituitional. show me in the constituition where the irs is is legally aoowed to administer the healthcare scheme and seize funds and levy fines.

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2010, 02:28:46 AM »
first show us where the irs is legally aoowed to tax us in the first place
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2010, 02:52:37 AM »
it is in the constituition. some have tried and failed saying taxes are uncostituitional. if it was we would not be paying. the 16th ammendment is the one making it legal. there have been challenges with other ammendments, but they failed.

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2010, 05:09:20 AM »
show me in the constituition where the irs is is legally aoowed to administer the healthcare scheme and seize funds and levy fines.

first show us where the irs is legally aoowed to tax us in the first place

Section 1 Article 8 "Powers of Congress"

"The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay debts and provide for the common defence and general welfare of the United States; but all duties, imposts and excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;"

As you can see, it clearly states that congress has the power to lay taxes to provide for the general welfare of the United States. Healthcare definitely falls under the category of general welfare. The CBO says the healthcare law will save america more than a trillion dollars over the next twenty years. The money it saves the US and the overall improved health of America is more than enough reasons for healthcare to fall under "general welfare".

The Supreme Court has upheld the right of congress to tax for the general welfare of the country. They have upheld Social Security, the civil rights act, and the clean air act, just to name a few. Each of these laws has taxes for the general welfare of the country. The tax for people who don't get healthcare is the same as the tax for companies who pollute. Pollution negatively effects all Americans, and people who don't have health care negatively effects America.

(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2010, 12:08:14 PM »
Stop paraphrasing.  Promote the general welfare is what it says.  Not control it or us.  Your thinking that people who are ill is not good for this country is exactly what Obama wants.  That way they can deny care to the elderly, and you can bet they will.  Better look at the loss of ancillary services and nursing homes in the next few years listed in the bill.  As I said, a ponzi scheme Madoff would be proud of.  The only "power" these idiots have is derived from the people.  they have chosen to ignore the Constitution and bastardize it at will.