Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: They just keep finding more and more missing links..  (Read 8937 times)

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
They just keep finding more and more missing links..
« on: April 10, 2010, 03:01:52 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Offline Waynesvillian

• ^^^HAHAHAHAHA^^^
    • View Profile
Re: They just keep finding more and more missing links..
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 08:40:14 PM »
What do Bible believers have to say about this?  Cuz one or the other is wrong.

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 10:08:17 PM »
I thought the picture was proof of the missing link then I realized it was Rick.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 10:25:32 PM »
I always try to include some proof.

I thought the picture was proof of the missing link then I realized it was Rick.

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 12:51:44 AM »
Looks like the missing link from the disco era....
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 12:26:51 PM »
Nice hair-do :)
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 12:49:36 AM »
They don't think anything about it.

THINKING is a sin.

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 02:01:26 AM »
They don't think anything about it.

THINKING is a sin.

Thinking and/or sin is in the eyes of the beholder. Religious blinders can limit both....
I'm sure there will be more "missing links" and other finds in the future.
As long as science is allowed to progress, then information will build up.....
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Offline 42

• The Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything
  • Extreme Centrist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2010, 02:30:21 PM »
The idea of 'missing links' is a little misleading. If you have two similar organisms, A and B, and you find an intermediate, C, you have merely created two other 'missing links', between A and C and C and B.

The Creationists use that all the time to say "well yeah, but now where's the intermediate form of D and H!? Huh huh? See!".

Offline Waynesvillian

• ^^^HAHAHAHAHA^^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2010, 03:16:22 PM »
try and disprove what you can see but believe in what you cant, sounds rational.

Offline Waynesvillian

• ^^^HAHAHAHAHA^^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2010, 03:17:35 PM »
Also man just the other day created life synthetically all on its own, but I bet thats not real either.

Offline 42

• Extreme Centrist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2010, 05:41:12 PM »
Yeah, it's a little like arguing with conspiracy theorists (a hobby of mine): Any evidence contrary to the conspiracy is actually evidence for the conspiracy. Because they don't want you to know.

There is no one organism that is a missing link but a population. And that it a mere drop in the bucket of evidence for Evolution by natural selection. I would go out on a limb and say it is one of the most cast iron strong scientific ideas for our time.

I don't specially think that evolution and a belief in any God is mutually exclusive but I have a hard time understanding it. One of the strongest arguments for evolution I have ever read was written by a Christian evolutionary biologist.

Offline merrywhiterose

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2010, 03:21:28 PM »
It's very easy to see evolution in the "microevolutionary" sense. Just look at modern breeds of dogs vs. what existed in the past. In the wild, mammoth bones vs. current day elephants.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2010, 10:19:52 PM »
evolution is change. not always an improvement. more so aging. species have died out due to their environment changing. it was probably a bit colder with the mastadons and when the ice age ended, they did also.

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2010, 11:15:09 PM »
hmmm, let's see.....
out of "goo" came man....Deoxyribonucleic acid, Guanine, Thymine, Cytosine, Adenine.....
out of "goo" man created life.......
Yep, there is no doubt about it... we're goo!   
Proud to have served, US Army, WAC

Offline 42

• Extreme Centrist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2010, 02:31:15 AM »
"Microevolution" is a term invented by the Creationist fringe and not a scientific notion at all.

What they are attempting, and failing, to explain is speciation. In the natural world this may require an initial geographical separation of populations (because remember, it's the populations and gene pools that evolve) or in the case of dogs, domestication. Dogs and it's genetic stock, wolves, are two different species so in that case, speciation has occured. Yes, a dog can breed with a wolf but that does not make them the same species. Lions and tigers can also breed. Their genes are close enough for the possibility.

Remember, you share about 60% of your genetic code with lettuce and 98% with Chimps. It don't take much.

Evolution and natural selection are so well researched and well supported by evidence in many complimentary fields of study that questioning them is at least disingenuous. The Creationist are on the fringe as much as the tin foil hat wearing paranoid. I do not even see why evolution and science in general are anti-religion.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2010, 09:09:04 PM »
they want to prove that God doesn't exist. I challenge any of the anti creationists to create something from nothing. creation supports science,read genesis. science supports creation. how was every living thing created? how complex is every living thing? not all need the exact same things as other living things to survive, yet they do.

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2010, 09:55:31 PM »
hmmm, let's see.....
out of "goo" came man....Deoxyribonucleic acid, Guanine, Thymine, Cytosine, Adenine.....
out of "goo" man created life.......
Yep, there is no doubt about it... we're goo!   

Life on Earth could have a nastier beginning. My friend has a theory that billions of years ago Aliens visited earth. One of them committed the cardinal sin of space travel, he flushed the toilet.

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2010, 01:26:43 AM »
they want to prove that God doesn't exist. I challenge any of the anti creationists to create something from nothing. creation supports science,read genesis. science supports creation. how was every living thing created? how complex is every living thing? not all need the exact same things as other living things to survive, yet they do.
Once again Fish.... YOU ARE WRONG!  Where in any of the scientific reports does it state ANYTHING concerning there being or not being a G_D?  You are once again allowing your creationist fanaticism to see words that aren't there.....  Do you see other things that aren't there?  Do you hear voices?  Even a vacuum, volume of space, has something in it.  It is not totally without any matter.  So, in reality, "nothing" can not exist.  What man CAN do is take "goo" and create life!  Yep, a little goo here, a little goo there... goo goes a long way!

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2010, 01:29:35 AM »
Life on Earth could have a nastier beginning. My friend has a theory that billions of years ago Aliens visited earth. One of them committed the cardinal sin of space travel, he flushed the toilet.
I've met a lot of people that I would say proved that theory! ;D

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2010, 02:25:31 AM »
not wrong at all. So tell me kari,where did the goo come from?
not creationist fanaticism, truth and logic. better read the tanakh again.

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2010, 02:54:17 AM »
I would venture to say the goo came from a combination of chemicals that were a result of the big bang.
Fish, you really are getting boring....for the UMTENTH time I have read the Tanakh more times than you could EVER begin to imagine, in both English AND Hebrew.  You want to believe that man was created out of the dust of the earth, well does the dust of the earth contain chemicals?  The only difference between dirt and goo is a little bit of liquid.

Offline Waynesvillian

• ^^^HAHAHAHAHA^^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2010, 04:23:34 AM »
The creation of everything is being sorted out piece by piece today with use of the hadron collider.  Basically matter and anti-matter.  When anti matter collides with matter Matter wins by .01 % creating more matter.  the matter crashed around in space getting bigger and bigger the more collisions it had which created planets stars auns etc.  Hydrogen is the most abundant thing in our universee and consequently a building block of life.  Over billions of years things ust sort of happened. Personally i find that way of thinking much easier to digest than a spaceman with magical powers that can do anything he wants, with no evidence of said person besides a book written by men.

Offline 42

• Extreme Centrist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2010, 05:47:35 PM »

Evolution and biology make no comment one way or the other on the existence of God(s) (Which God? Specifically yours? What about Ra and Apollo?). Even if evolution were proven completely false it would not prove there is or is not a God(s), your God or otherwise. The God question is one fought on the philosophy or metaphysical front, not the science. Science is merely chiseling away the mysticism from life and that mysticism is where God lives. That is incidental.

Genesis also makes no mention of Iron Maiden. That does not mean super awesome anthemic epic heavy metal doesn't exist. By Genesis I mean Biblical, not the band.

Create something from nothing? What will that prove? I also cannot make bodies fall towards me in a personal gravity test but that does not nullify gravity (yes, also a theory). Your confusion is pervasive and I believe tainted by personal prejudices and beyond reason and logic.

Creating something from nothing is exactly what the Creationist are doing and looking very very silly in the process.

Science is not political and is not democratic. We can vote all day on the mass of the Earth while the entire time the actual fact remains indifferent to our personal beliefs and prejudices. Empiricism and data is what matters.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2010, 11:02:14 PM »
the tanakh says God created all. prove otherwise.

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2010, 12:32:20 AM »
Fish, you really are stuck in.... somehow, someway, one day you are going to have to accept that evolution is NOT the science of trying to prove or disprove the existence of G_D!  You want to believe that man was created as an adult, in modern form, and woman was created from the rib of that man, fine.... You just have to understand there are many people that see that as nothing more than a story to give some kind of explanation as to how humans came to be.

Offline 42

• Extreme Centrist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2010, 12:45:00 AM »
fish, Creationism is a belief that is on the lunatic fringe and has very little to do with actual science and has zero legitimate scientific backing. All Creationism because fundamentally it is unfalsifiable and unverifiable therefor not science.

On top of that, most evolutionary biologists believe in some kind of God but they don't view the natural process of evolution as barriers to their belief system. On of the best books I have ever read on the subject was written by a Christian on the subject on how evolution is one of the surest scientific notions that we have.

By all means, Ken Miller's book "Only A Theory"... Check it out.

The Bible was "written" in the Bronze Age. We are communicating via a world wide network of thinking machines. Move on.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2010, 02:05:47 AM »
it's a faith thing.  how else could any of the living things have come about? each living thing, whether plant or animal is not a simple item. Look at the complexity of all living things. the human. how is the human body able to be resilient yet at the same time fragile. there are only 2 (YES ONLY 2) sexes, but how many races? the entire world is far too complex to believe there is not a Creator. It simply doesn't make sense that a superior intellect did not create all. no one has created anything from nothing yet.

Offline 42

• Extreme Centrist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2010, 02:02:29 AM »
it's a faith thing.  how else could any of the living things have come about? each living thing, whether plant or animal is not a simple item. Look at the complexity of all living things. the human. how is the human body able to be resilient yet at the same time fragile. there are only 2 (YES ONLY 2) sexes, but how many races? the entire world is far too complex to believe there is not a Creator. It simply doesn't make sense that a superior intellect did not create all. no one has created anything from nothing yet.

This is classic example of the logical fallacy, "disbelief from personal incredulity".

It is not a faith thing. I have a large amount of "faith" that you were brought up in a fairly religious environment as we all were. You did not arise in a vacuum. You had outside ideas and influences from folks you loved and admired. You may have gone with family members to churches and heard their ideas too. To call it "faith" is to discredit anyone and everyone that has ever influenced you.

When it comes to a scientific question especially on the complexity of life (the complexity fascinates me over and over again) it is not about faith. It is about data.

Actually someone has made something from nothing. I managed to create an answer (something) to your confused and rambling question (nothing). Define "Nothing" and define "Something". I have heard it convincingly argued that there is actually no such thing as "nothing" especially here on Earth.

Who is claiming there's anymore than 2 sexes? I think you got some cards you aint showing and what you're hung up on has nothing to do with what you're actually talking about...  ::)

Offline Waynesvillian

• ^^^HAHAHAHAHA^^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2010, 06:25:00 AM »

this statement shows how uneducated you really are, google the hadron collider they are creating ANti matter.....thats more than nothing its the opposite of something.  We really arent as complex as you would like to believe.  In the short time since the dawn of understanding and knowledge look at  all the things we have discovered and learned, in the grand scheme of things this hasnt been a very long period of time.  Now think about what we might uncover in next hundred years.