Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: gone  (Read 9135 times)

Offline esb

• View Profile
gone
« on: April 15, 2010, 06:32:55 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Offline demo.dave

• Im a veteran of the unspeakable.
    • View Profile
Re: Wonder why your road is as bad as it is? Open to find out....
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 08:03:47 PM »
Wonder why Darrell and Rick keep getting pissed off? Read the rules where you post before you post.

Maybe county workers were busy fixing other things. Yeah the roads suck...doesnt mean the graders gotta be runnin 24/7.

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 08:22:30 PM »
ESB, this thread says, right at the top, "No one but Administrators may start a thread in this section.... >"

Rick and I are not trying to be bugbears or ogres. Let me explain the problem, not only for you but also for other people who sometimes do this.

These message boards are linked to home pages on the Pulaski County Web for Pulaski County (in this case) and also for each of the area communities. By putting your post here, on some sections of the Pulaski County Web it appears that I have written and posted your opinion. I'm sure that's not what you intended.

If you want to post your complaint, go to breaking news or perhaps county government opinion.

County Government Opinion is here: http://pulaskicountyweb.com/smf/index.php?board=16.0

Breaking Local News is here: http://pulaskicountyweb.com/smf/index.php?board=67.0

Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 08:59:10 PM »
Maybe Bill used up all the gas and they ran out of gas for this grader.. LOL

Picture taken April 15Th, 2010, 11am, Buckhorn, (west Waynesville), Mo

Absolutely no one around, no where.

Grader still parked in the same spot 2 hrs later, still no one around.

Don't get me wrong, I would like to have a $120,000 roadgrader sitting in my yard... BUT I for sure would have the nicest road in the county!

For the record, I would like like to know... Is it to too hot, too cold, too wet, too dry or too what?

Or is this machine parked here, as the county dump truck was parked at a local bank a week or so ago for the same reason... Employee personal time taken 'on the clock...'

NOTE to Bill... FYI, Roads also don't fix themselves, they require roadgraders to be fixed. Roadgraders don't drive themselves (at least this one anyways), you have to have an operator in the grader to run it. For as bad as our roads are, this grader should have the throttle wide open for 12 hrs a day. And if you are not going to use it, donate the thing to the sheriff's dept., mabe JB can turn it into a couple of new cars (instead of rebuilding totals) or another employee or two (looks like 3 or 4 people sitting there...) so theres not a 37 mninute response time to people in my house...

Offline Princess04

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 03:18:49 AM »
At least its sitting there...its the 1st step to fixing the road...
"Always follow your dreams...except for the ones when your naked in public"

Offline JuneBug67

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 04:01:49 AM »
The roads may also be a mess because the people who are supposed to maintain them don't know what they are doing.  Came along my road, which is paved, dug deep trenches and took out support for the road and now the edge of the roads in several places are starting to crumble. They didn't need to dig so close to the pavement, actually there were no problems on our road, such as drainage. They could have spent their time fixing what needed to be fixed and it was not my road.
There is NEVER a right way to do the wrong thing!

Offline esb

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2010, 01:41:11 PM »
Must be nice that they clean out your ditches, they keep filling in mine. 2 years ago, I spent 3 hrs cleaning mine out with a bobcat. The ditch I cleaned out is now filled in and nolonger running water... 3 hrs of rental time for nothing!  lol!

The roads may also be a mess because the people who are supposed to maintain them don't know what they are doing.  Came along my road, which is paved, dug deep trenches and took out support for the road and now the edge of the roads in several places are starting to crumble. They didn't need to dig so close to the pavement, actually there were no problems on our road, such as drainage. They could have spent their time fixing what needed to be fixed and it was not my road.

Offline cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2010, 08:11:30 PM »

Maybe what we really need is a guest operator program.  Every day one of our citizen experts can get on the grader and run it all day long.  This would teach the  county operators how to do their job and also save money with free labor.

Offline JuneBug67

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2010, 08:59:09 PM »
Maybe what we really need is a guest operator program.  Every day one of our citizen experts can get on the grader and run it all day long.  This would teach the  county operators how to do their job and also save money with free labor.

NO what they need to fix is what needs to be fixed not create more problems and don't fix what is not broke. That would save lots of money.

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2010, 01:28:41 AM »
wouldnt be so bad about the ditches but they were told to fill in most of there ditches from fema, fema said the ditches were to deep so fill them in. so again the workers do what they are told. And if you are having so much of a problem call stanley crismon and ask him why somethings are not done and why you seen a grader parked there. calling bill doesnt do much good considering he doesnt work on the road call the supervisor stanley
Go ahead and blame me....Everyone else does

Offline JuneBug67

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2010, 02:03:05 AM »
wouldnt be so bad about the ditches but they were told to fill in most of there ditches from fema, fema said the ditches were to deep so fill them in. so again the workers do what they are told. And if you are having so much of a problem call stanley crismon and ask him why somethings are not done and why you seen a grader parked there. calling bill doesnt do much good considering he doesnt work on the road call the supervisor stanley

I don't understand if that is the case why did they dig ditches on my road?  We had NO drainage issues. Now over the next few years our road WILL be falling apart and there will be no money to fix it.  They created the problem.

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2010, 03:25:35 PM »
Well Kathy? You can't have it both ways... which is it? BTW I have already talked to all involved to no avail. I was told to %-off.

then go to a meeting, cause getting on here and complaining about it is not going to get you anywhere

Offline medicm

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2010, 07:58:41 PM »
At this point, letting MY road go back to gravel would be an improvement! If you don't want to keep fixing it, tear it up, dump dirt, and leave it alone! It'd be safer than trying to dodge the potholes, and trying to dodge the cars that are swerving to dodge the potholes!

Offline Dewi

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2010, 09:24:49 PM »
Boy Kathy, they should have drove on the roads we had to. Then they would have something to complain about. Some people just don't know how well they have it.
If y'all want to complain about the roads here, go to Camden county and drive those roads. You'll be very pleased with the work our county crews do here.

Offline I.M.CURIOUS

• GASCONADE RIVER YACHT CLUB REGATTA
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2010, 11:23:23 PM »
Ft Wood is where they teach military grader operators,bulldozing etc.Maybe someone could get the Fort to do "community action' once a month and haul equipment and trainees out and have them train on our roads.They certainly couldn't do any worse,I imagine.
The power of accurate perception is commonly referred to as cynicism by those who have not got it.George Bernard Shaw

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2010, 12:51:27 AM »
Again, I don't agree that our road crews are incompetent. This winter has caused much havoc on the county roads, that's not their fault.... I am hearing the cost of chat has went way up, demand is high due to ground conditions.

Ft Wood is where they teach military grader operators,bulldozing etc.Maybe someone could get the Fort to do "community action' once a month and haul equipment and trainees out and have them train on our roads.They certainly couldn't do any worse,I imagine.

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2010, 01:04:01 AM »
people that learned grading from ft wood has gone to work for the county and never lasted until lunch time. i am not going to argue about what roads they had to fill in ditches and what ones they dig out all i know is some know what they are doing when they grade and others dont and omg dewi you are so right the roads you and i drove was oh so worse than pulaski county.

Offline Dewi

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2010, 01:22:44 AM »
I know one grader operator that knows his job and how to do it well. And I also know without any doubt Kathy and I would have given anything to have him grade the roads we had to drive. Like I said before if y'all think it's bad here, drive some of the other roads in other counties, then you'll see how well we have it here. I would love to have the money I spent on tires driving those roads. I went through 3 to 4 sets of 6 ply tires a year. I'm almost sure no one around here does that. In the 13 years I've lived here, I've lived on gravel roads and never went through that many tires. Our roads are not that bad. The ditches aren't that bad either. If ya want to complain try having to get out of your truck to service mailboxes because the county came in and cut a ditch where there wasn't one and shouldn't have been one. That ditch was cut so deep that I would have high center my 4 wheel drive truck. Now, there's something to complain about. Some people just don't know how well they have it.

Offline I.M.CURIOUS

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2010, 01:17:18 PM »
people that learned grading from ft wood has gone to work for the county and never lasted until lunch time. i am not going to argue about what roads they had to fill in ditches and what ones they dig out all i know is some know what they are doing when they grade and others dont and omg dewi you are so right the roads you and i drove was oh so worse than pulaski county.
  I love statements like that without any corroboration or examples.My point in having GI's do community action was not a dig against OUR County grader operators,it was a win/win suggestion.The GI's get real life work experience outside the "Million Dollar Hole" training area.The County gets work done free using free labor SUPERVISED by professional training instructors.The Armed Services YMCA has SOS,Service on Saturdays where military units volunteer for community projects.I am suggesting a similar type of work,community support program.Everybody comes out ahead with these type programs.
The power of accurate perception is commonly referred to as cynicism by those who have not got it.George Bernard Shaw

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2010, 03:33:55 PM »
  I love statements like that without any corroboration or examples.My point in having GI's do community action was not a dig against OUR County grader operators,it was a win/win suggestion.The GI's get real life work experience outside the "Million Dollar Hole" training area.The County gets work done free using free labor SUPERVISED by professional training instructors.The Armed Services YMCA has SOS,Service on Saturdays where military units volunteer for community projects.I am suggesting a similar type of work,community support program.Everybody comes out ahead with these type programs.

example...few years back 1 man put in for the grader position in the western district buddy him up with my husband and another grader operator, hubby told the man to start out and he would be second in position and the last guy would push the rest into the other ditch and when they turn around they would take the material back across the road and finish it up, guy asked what he needed to do, hubby told him to start out pulling the ditches and keep going and him and the other guy would do the rest. that guy had no clue what to do so my husband got into his grader and got him started out, the guy never knew when he needed to pull his blade up when didn't need to get to much material and had no clue how to get the blade back up when he come to a driveway so my husband would stop him and explain to him again what to do. he didn't even know how to slide his blade to keep from taking out peoples mail boxes. so by the time they made it to the end of the road it was time for their lunch needless to say the guy called the boss and claimed "he had forgotten his lunch at the county shed" so the boss came and got him took him back to the county shed to get his lunch but needless to say that was the end of him he said that he learnt how to blade on post but never once did he ever have to pull a ditch and he admitted blading a gravel road was nothing like blading on post said the ground they learnt on was not as rocky nor as rough. So is this good enough for an example? As I have said some people know how to actually run a motor grader and know how to operate it and some just think they know what they are doing.

Offline I.M.CURIOUS

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2010, 08:22:19 PM »
Well,you miss the fact that a program like I suggested is free.I have no idea of the individual you're talking about but I happen to know grader operators learn to "cut a ditch" at the Million Dollar Hole.Maybe you got one of the ones who failed the course.Personally,I am all for free help.Like the Marines that paint the frog on the Waynesville Hill,the lieutenants who run the duck races for the YMCA at Old Settlers Day,the Navy SeeBee's who help out at the senior centers and with cleanup and construction jobs.All free.

Offline JuneBug67

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2010, 09:56:39 PM »
I have driven though many counties here in this region of Missouri. I know there are some counties that do a REALLY good job of maintaining the gravel roads and we know from this topic that some people feel our county and Camden county don't do such a great job, I don't mean that as a slam. The question is what could we learn from these counties? What makes them successful?  For example go up to Morgan county their gravel roads most of the time are in really good condition and they are wide and smooth.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2010, 10:07:28 PM »
Move to a county with flat ground?

I have driven though many counties here in this region of Missouri. I know there are some counties that do a REALLY good job of maintaining the gravel roads and we know from this topic that some people feel our county and Camden county don't do such a great job, I don't mean that as a slam. The question is what could we learn from these counties? What makes them successful?  For example go up to Morgan county their gravel roads most of the time are in really good condition and they are wide and smooth.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2010, 10:15:34 PM »
I will try and come by this evening if I don't forget. Just Lament you are refering to? I will try and drive it at 30mph..

Anyone is more than welcome to come and visit my road and then can tell me 'how good' I have it... I live on Lament Rd in St Robert. http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Saint+Robert&state=MO&address=%5B18200-18299%5D+Lament+Dr&zipcode=65584&country=US&latitude=37.843755&longitude=-92.17532&geocode=BLOCK If you can't find it, PM me and I will give you my number and specific instructions to my place. On good portion of my road, a crawl is too fast! Never mind a decent 10-15 mph travel speed... at 10 mph a 5-point harness is required to keep from knocking yourself out. The last time my road was graded the operator spent 17 minutes total on approx 2/3 of a mile of road. NO WHERE ENOUGH TIME!!!

Offline JuneBug67

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2010, 11:06:47 PM »
Move to a county with flat ground?

But not all the road are flat, I am just asking not trying to stir the pot, REALLY!

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2010, 12:41:29 AM »
Road is wonderful, looks like it was just given many loads of new chat.

I will try and come by this evening if I don't forget. Just Lament you are refering to? I will try and drive it at 30mph..

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2010, 12:48:25 AM »
Chat???????they laid chat??dang
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2010, 01:09:43 AM »
To be honest I really don't care what they do on the eastern side since I am on the western side, but esb I know for a fact the best thing you can do is talk to Stanley Crismon and Bill Farnham about doing anything to the county road. I myself wouldn't want to risk a lawsuit for messing with the county road even the ditches. I seen first hand when Dennis was in office what he told one guy that would actually go out into the county road after it was graded and dig potholes in front of his house to slow traffic down, he was informed if he got out and done it again he would be paying for the cost of chat and the grader operators time. So just saying you may want to check and see what kind of legal rights you have.

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2010, 02:57:56 PM »
To be honest I really don't care what they do on the eastern side since I am on the western side, but esb I know for a fact the best thing you can do is talk to Stanley Crismon and Bill Farnham about doing anything to the county road. I myself wouldn't want to risk a lawsuit for messing with the county road even the ditches. I seen first hand when Dennis was in office what he told one guy that would actually go out into the county road after it was graded and dig potholes in front of his house to slow traffic down, he was informed if he got out and done it again he would be paying for the cost of chat and the grader operators time. So just saying you may want to check and see what kind of legal rights you have.

Actually there were several legal (criminal) charges also planned in that case. Might want to think about that also.
JB