Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Animal Welfare laws  (Read 3844 times)

Offline princesso8788

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
Animal Welfare laws
« on: April 24, 2010, 01:18:26 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Someone told me today that it is a State Law that says  you cant leave your dog outside for more than 12 hours.  I have outside dogs,,that during summer are staked out in yard under shade trees with plenty of fresh water at all times.  I only bring them up to the porch whenever bad weather approaches,,,,,otherwise I leave them out under the trees as they seem more comfortable there.  They have a nice inusalted dog  house built into my porch ,,,,,,,,do I need to bring them up at night or is it lawful to leave them under the trees.  I let them off to run and play when I am outside,,,,,,,otherwise they are on their chains so they dont get on the road as my yard is not fenced in.  I live in a very rural area

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
Re: Animal Welfare laws
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 01:24:52 AM »
hmmm....if that is the case alot of people had better get rid of their animals. my dog and cats are all outside animals and if it isnt freezing cold outside that is where they are going to stay.
Go ahead and blame me....Everyone else does

Offline Irish

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 05:23:45 PM »
did you post this question in more than one place in hopes that you would get different answers??/ :wee_fly:

Offline princesso8788

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 06:20:31 PM »
No posted it in the two place because I was not sure where i should post it.  So I figured between the police site and the animal sight I would get a answer.  Thats all just want to make sure I am doing what the law says.

Offline Irish

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 06:46:10 PM »
cool, look at my answer at your other post

Offline princesso8788

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 06:56:32 PM »
thanks Irish sure appreciate the help.....take care

Offline phoenix

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 04:28:02 PM »
First let me apoligize for not seeing your post before now. Second, as long as your animals have a way to get out of the weather (a shelter) with access to food and water, there is nothing illegal about having them tied up outside.

The animal laws are abuse and neglect, which in includes failing to maintain control of your animal.

I would like to say this, Thank you for keeping them under control. You do not know how many times we go to a residence and their dogs are at large coming at us with snarling teeth.

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 02:52:05 AM »
First let me apoligize for not seeing your post before now. Second, as long as your animals have a way to get out of the weather (a shelter) with access to food and water, there is nothing illegal about having them tied up outside.

The animal laws are abuse and neglect, which in includes failing to maintain control of your animal.

I would like to say this, Thank you for keeping them under control. You do not know how many times we go to a residence and their dogs are at large coming at us with snarling teeth.

I got a guy living just up from me that is proud to have 8 dogs that run free. He has no water, electric or sewer. The puppies are showing their ribs because mama quit feeding them. From what I have been told there isn't a thing that can be done legally. I confronted him about the bigest dog barking and showing her teeth at me and he laughted and said shoot her. I guess that might have to happen but I sure don't like it.
If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!

Offline Racer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 03:05:40 AM »
Call Kim Fuhr or Billie Jean Walker.  Waynesville PD should give you their numbers.

Offline phoenix

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2010, 10:48:39 PM »
Send me the address so we can check out the situation.

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2010, 03:12:11 AM »
Send me the address so we can check out the situation.

Sent you a pm. I did call waynesville pd and they would not give me any phone # for eather of the 2 people someone sugested and said to call JB.
If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!

Offline phoenix

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 06:21:09 AM »
Posting the state animal and neglect laws so everyone will be familiar with them.

Animal neglect and abandonment--penalties.
578.009. 1. A person is guilty of animal neglect when he has custody or ownership or both of an animal and fails to provide adequate care or adequate control, which results in substantial harm to the animal. 2. A person is guilty of abandonment when he has knowingly abandoned an animal in any place without making provisions for its adequate care. 3. Animal neglect and abandonment is a class C misdemeanor upon first conviction and for each offense, punishable by imprisonment or a fine not to exceed five hundred dollars, or both, and a class B misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment or a fine not to exceed one thousand dollars, or both upon the second and all subsequent convictions. All fines and penalties for a first conviction of animal neglect or abandonment may be waived by the court provided that the person found guilty of animal neglect or abandonment shows that adequate, permanent remedies for the neglect or abandonment have been made. Reasonable costs incurred for the care and maintenance of neglected or abandoned animals may not be waived. This section shall not apply to the provisions of section 578.007. 4. In addition to any other penalty imposed by this section, the court may order a person found guilty of animal neglect or abandonment to pay all reasonable costs and expenses necessary for: (1) The care and maintenance of neglected or abandoned animals within the person's custody or ownership; (2) The disposal of any dead or diseased animals within the person's custody or ownership; (3) The reduction of resulting organic debris affecting the immediate area of the neglect or abandonment; and (4) The avoidance or minimization of any public health risks created by the neglect or abandonment of the animals.

Animal abuse--penalties.
578.012. 1. A person is guilty of animal abuse when a person: (1) Intentionally or purposely kills an animal in any manner not allowed by or expressly exempted from the provisions of sections 578.005 to 578.023 and 273.030, RSMo; (2) Purposely or intentionally causes injury or suffering to an animal; or (3) Having ownership or custody of an animal knowingly fails to provide adequate care or adequate control. 2. Animal abuse is a class A misdemeanor, unless the defendant has previously plead guilty to or has been found guilty of animal abuse or the suffering involved in subdivision (2) of subsection 1 of this section is the result of torture or mutilation, or both, consciously inflicted while the animal was alive, in which case it is a class D felony.

Also define in the statues are terms and definitions. Those are as posted.

Definitions.
578.005. As used in sections 578.005 to 578.023, the following terms shall mean: (1) "Adequate care", normal and prudent attention to the needs of an animal, including wholesome food, clean water, shelter and health care as necessary to maintain good health in a specific species of animal; (2) "Adequate control", to reasonably restrain or govern an animal so that the animal does not injure itself, any person, any other animal, or property; (3) "Animal", every living vertebrate except a human being; (4) "Animal shelter", a facility which is used to house or contain animals and which is owned, operated, or maintained by a duly incorporated humane society, animal welfare society, society for the prevention of cruelty to animals, or other not-for-profit organization devoted to the welfare, protection, and humane treatment of animals; (5) "Farm animal", an animal raised on a farm or ranch and used or intended for use in farm or ranch production, or as food or fiber; (6) "Harbor", to feed or shelter an animal at the same location for three or more consecutive days; (7) "Humane killing", the destruction of an animal accomplished by a method approved by the American Veterinary Medical Association's Panel on Euthanasia (JAVMA 173: 59-72, 1978); or more recent editions, but animals killed during the feeding of pet carnivores shall be considered humanely killed; (8) "Owner", in addition to its ordinary meaning, any person who keeps or harbors an animal or professes to be owning, keeping, or harboring an animal; (9) "Person", any individual, partnership, firm, joint stock company, corporation, association, trust, estate, or other legal entity; (10) "Pests", birds, rabbits, or rodents which damage property or have an adverse effect on the public health, but shall not include any endangered species listed by the United States Department of the Interior nor any endangered species listed in the Wildlife Code of Missouri.

Any other questions please give the Sheriff's Department a call.