Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Shot a helpless fawn???!!!!  (Read 40156 times)

Offline Eden

• Not in Drama Club or on the Debate Team!
    • View Profile
Shot a helpless fawn???!!!!
« on: June 09, 2010, 03:12:41 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Just heard this through the grapevine. Heard a fawn was found at a local bank and the Waynesville police were called out of concern for it. When the police showed up they shot it twice and killed it. What the hell!? If the animal was sick they should have contacted the conservation department. If it was without a mother there is a place in Dixon licensed to take in animals like this. Anyone else have an opinion on this or know more than what I heard?
"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned"

Offline Waynesvillian

• ^^^HAHAHAHAHA^^^
    • View Profile
Re: Shot a helpless fawn???!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 03:21:27 PM »
Yes cops are never wrong and the most moral and even tempered people ever, im sure the fawn was resisting arrest or something to that effect, cops dont do stuff like that for no reason whatsoever. 

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 03:29:29 PM »
SR Police might want to respond to this and it better be good!!!!!!  Sounds ridiculous to me.  Of course, I saw two St. Robert police chase two dogs around my neighborhood for two days and didn't catch either of them.  So I guess the only way they could catch the deer was to shoot it.  Our police force should be trained better than that.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 03:33:30 PM »
Maybe they were hungry at the time?
Seriously though, was the fawn injured before shots were fired? 
Proud to have served, US Army, WAC

Offline Eden

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 03:38:50 PM »
My assumption was it was a new born fawn and the mother was probably scared off when worker's arrived for work, but I was not there. Heard it had yellow stuff on it's rear....normal for newborns. The worker's were trying to care for it which probably didn't encourage mom to return. Best thing to do in this situation is LEAVE THE ANIMAL ALONE and the mom will be back to get it. Was told a female officer put a gun to it's head, shot and somehow missed, then shot it again killing it. Then walked off with another officer and laughed about it, leaving the bank workers mortified. Again I was not there but would like to hear the officers side of the story or someone who might have been there.
"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned"

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 03:56:02 PM »
Eden, if what you have posted is what happened, both Officers should be reprimanded.  Animal Control could have been called, or even a local Vet!

Offline Eden

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 03:59:29 PM »
By posting this I am hoping something is done! I do believe someone higher up has been contacted about it but I for sure want something done if this is what happened. I also want the public aware of this, again this is what I heard....let's hear what they have to say.

Offline Waynesvillian

• ^^^HAHAHAHAHA^^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 05:33:37 PM »
Stupid cops, they probably just wanted to shoot their gun, im suprised they didnt taze it too.  They will probably say it was trying to rob the bank.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2010, 05:49:44 PM »
They could have taken it to that place in Dixon where she takes care of hurt wildlife.  Dang, I am just so mad at them.  Unless the fawn was charging them (and if she was able to put the gun to it's head, I doubt it was doing that) the officer should be severly and I mean severly punished.  I'm talking time off with no pay, a fine, community service. All of the above.  A baby fawn for goodness sakes. 

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2010, 05:50:29 PM »
If not fired they need to be placed on unpaid leave. I would bet nothing happens, except that if something like this happens again they wonít respond.  If this is how they handle things they shouldnít.  Something needs to be done about all the cops in the area.  Iím being to have less  and less faith in any of police in Pulaski County town and county.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2010, 05:52:43 PM »
Was this SR, Waynesville, or county officers?

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2010, 06:03:54 PM »
I cant say one way or the other cause I don't know anything about what happened, but it could have been hit by a car. In that case they put the deer out of its misery. If it couldn't get up  and was hurt it was probably the best thing for it. I'm not saying it was, But I don't think cops take enjoyment out of hurting a baby deer.
Biscuit

Offline Eden

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2010, 06:27:00 PM »
It was Waynesville, that was my mistake....sorry about that. I corrected my first post.

Offline MrsB

• Lurker
  • Its MrsB to you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2010, 06:36:59 PM »
I heard of this too. Pretty sure that a baby fawn that is that new isn't going to harm anyone and it being that young it probably was just scared and not very active which might have made them think it was sick plus anyone who knows about baby animals know that when they are young like that their poo is yellowish which I am almost sure of is what that was.  All I do know, they shouldve contact conservation because this little thing was only days old . Who does this? Those of you on here who says whoever did this must have had a reason"BS"...it was only a few days old and pretty sure that in a case of something that involves wildlife...you are supposed to contact Mo Conservation!!!!!

Offline MrsB

• Lurker
  • Its MrsB to you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2010, 06:39:11 PM »
This was just Ignorant, Cruel and Heartless!!!!!

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2010, 06:45:49 PM »
Something is very wrong with a woman who can put a gun to a baby animal's head and pull the trigger....very very wrong.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2010, 08:24:05 PM »
She is a cop. If you can get yourself in the frame of mind that you can kill person then killing an animal should be no problem.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2010, 08:28:29 PM »
Oh I beg to differ.  I hope she is trained that the only reason to kill a person is if that person is threatening bodily harm to her or someone else.    Someone who can kill an innocent defenseless person or a none threatening baby animal is someone to be concerned about.  Someone who can kill without being provoked is sick.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2010, 08:31:15 PM »
And my question...Was the frame of mind to kill a helpless baby person?  Or just a regular person person.  I guess there is a difference?  Maybe she just had a gun and was itching to use it on something.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2010, 09:05:47 PM »
What about hunters they (me) kill defenseless animals. I have never killed an adult deer or rabbit because it was attacking me.  Itís the baby part that seems to bother most people.  I donít like it because I donít think it was handle properly, firing a weapon in town for no good reason other than the fact they did not want to have to deal with it. Killing it was the easy way out for them.  I still think unpaid leave for them and a review on these types of incidents should be done.

Offline Waynesvillian

• ^^^HAHAHAHAHA^^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2010, 09:14:02 PM »
Probably just wanted to use their toys, theres a million documented cases and probably thousands more of cops pepperspraying and tazing people while in cuffs or stuff to that effect, they do it cuz they can and they get away with it because they just site obstruction or they were in harms way.  Cops words against yours, shit they can hand out tickets like crazy and say you can prove it in court, well thats another burden in and of its selfwith lawyers and court fees.

Offline luge

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2010, 09:51:42 PM »
I did get a call about this incident and I will relay what I found out.  The fawn would not get up and acted like it was sick.  The Conservation Department was called and they did not respond.  The first choice was to take the fawn to the woods, but it would not cooperate.  I was told that the officer shot twice and the animal was killed instantly.  Later, a doe was found run over and killed near the bridge, maybe the fawn's mother.  There are some wild stories out there and I did not find anything to back them up.  We do have an animal control officer, but this was a unique situation.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2010, 10:39:21 PM »
Not a good enough story.  Fawn was probably scared and couldn't stand up.  Looks like since it wasn't a threat they could have called someone, maybe a vet, or as I said before the lady in Dixon, to come look at it.  Makes me feel much better to know it "died instantly."  Just looks like poor training to me.  If it was a baby fawn, couldn't it have been picked up by two police officers.  If they thought about taking it to the woods, they could have thought about taking it to someplace to get help.  Sounds like they just wanted to get it over with, too much trouble to do the right thing.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2010, 10:41:56 PM »
Oh come on.  It would not cooperate?  All they had to do was pick the fawn up and carry it to the woods.  I did that a couple of years ago on T highway.  Damn thing isn't going to bite.  That is nothing other than excuse to discharge the firearm and show how big and bad they are.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2010, 10:43:36 PM »
For future reference this is the website of the lady in Dixon that takes in orphaned or injured wildlife  http://www.autumnwinds.org/

WAYNESVILLE PD TAKE NOTE!!!!!!

Offline HCC

• Wise men argue cases, fools decide them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2010, 10:58:43 PM »
Wow! Besides being senseless on the part of the officers, there are some on here who need to be Man and Women enough to appologize to the SR police. This is whats happens when folks don't have ALL the facts and start public castration of the wrong people.

How about it IGAMAH? Got the same energy to apologize as you did to rake the SRPD over the coals, or are the comments on here just as senseless as the _$$'s that were cruel to the fawn?

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2010, 12:20:55 AM »
You are right, I am sorry I didn't have the correct facts on this case and I apologize, the original post said "St. Robert" she has since changed it to Waynesville,  but... I don't apologize for the remark about the dogs in my neighborhood, it's a fact.

And it's Igahmah.

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2010, 03:20:20 AM »
If the fawn was as young as everyone believes it was, picking it up and putting it in the woods would be just as senseless and uncaring as you are accussing the officers of being.  If the mother deer is nowhere to be found you are putting a defenseless baby animal back into the woods to die a slow senseless death. Why not also complain about the consevation ppl they didnt respond to the call nor did animal control.  And since none of you were actually there to know exactly what happened, and the whys and why nots of what was going on, you should get off your high horses.  I dont hear where you got off your duffs to do anything about it.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2010, 03:52:09 AM »
Uh, what do you think we could have done.  They didn't call any of us for assistance.  Nobody even knew about it till it was already dead.  You are right, putting it in the woods would have been a death warrant if the mom was dead but, they could have taken it to a safe place and given the conservation people time to respond.  Well, at least maybe now they will have measures they can take in these situations and other places they can call when something like this happens and they will think twice before they shoot a baby. 

This is even worse than the officers in another thread who shot a dog when executing a search warrant.  Did you defend those officers too?

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2010, 04:00:56 AM »
The fawn was uncooperative?... Maybe it didn't speak English.....they should have cuffed it and taken it to the jail! 

Gee, I hope my Niki bird (Congo African Gray) never has a run in with the law... he does speak English, but he would NEVER cooperate as long as it was a female Officer..... He's a "happy" fellow.. only likes men.  They'd shoot him!