Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Shot a helpless fawn???!!!!  (Read 40263 times)

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Shot a helpless fawn???!!!!
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2010, 04:02:49 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Yes it should have been nursed back to health so men with small penises can shoot it in a year and stuff it for dispaly in their basement to prove how manly they are.. LOL

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2010, 04:09:15 AM »
Lol Now thats funny  ;D
Biscuit

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2010, 04:23:32 AM »
Yes it should have been nursed back to health so men with small penises can shoot it in a year and stuff it for dispaly in their basement to prove how manly they are.. LOL
***(**& >:D Bahahahahaha   :{:{:
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2010, 05:18:07 AM »

I don't have a basement...

But seriously... Talk about your Monday morning quarterbacking....  Really, I'm not one to jump to the defense of LE, but they're being crucified over rumors and assumptions?  Why not ask a question and wait for answers instead of jumping to conclusions and then killing the messenger who tried to provide you answers.
The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. Cicero - 55 BC, Rome

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2010, 02:34:43 PM »
The silence sort of says it all.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline Waynesvillian

• ^^^HAHAHAHAHA^^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2010, 02:54:27 PM »
I think cuz theres only like 13 people on here who actually post, and out of those 13 none of us were the ones who shot the deer.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2010, 03:18:46 PM »
Trust me, the police know all about this site and what is being said.  They have a PR person who needs to speak up.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline Eden

• Not in Drama Club or on the Debate Team!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2010, 03:28:42 PM »
I did apologize for saying SR rather than Waynesville and I will again....sorry, my mistake. I also ask for their side of the story....which I am not seeing. As for hunting, I love to hunt and have no problem at all when it's done for food! But I do not shot babies. I would have rather this fawn been taken to the woods - I am sure the mother was close by. But the poor thing didn't have a chance in hell when a bullet was put in its head.
"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned"

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2010, 04:12:42 PM »
I did apologize for saying SR rather than Waynesville and I will again....sorry, my mistake. I also ask for their side of the story....which I am not seeing. As for hunting, I love to hunt and have no problem at all when it's done for food! But I do not shot babies. I would have rather this fawn been taken to the woods - I am sure the mother was close by. But the poor thing didn't have a chance in hell when a bullet was put in its head.

Go back and read Luge Hardman's post explaining the incident.  Granted, she only posted what info she had at the time and I'm sure there's more, however after she got blasted for posting what she did I don't blame her for not coming back with more details...  The answers were given.
The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. Cicero - 55 BC, Rome

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2010, 04:23:29 PM »
Luge did not get "blasted," the story the PD gave is what got blasted. 

It's the message not the messenger.

It is not her responsibility to respond for the police.  They have PR people who can do that, but choose not to.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline Eden

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2010, 04:28:49 PM »
Go back and read Luge Hardman's post explaining the incident.  Granted, she only posted what info she had at the time and I'm sure there's more, however after she got blasted for posting what she did I don't blame her for not coming back with more details...  The answers were given.

Didn't know who Luge was....mabye she should have said....I don't know too many people on here. I still think what they did was wrong....JMO.
"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned"

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2010, 05:42:10 PM »
No matter what spin a person puts on this, it was handled poorly.  Waynesville PD should be glad that PETA is not aware of this.  A person could really make a huge issue out of this.  First I donít believe most cops stories that are told after the fact. Second now the cops are vets they thought the fawn was sick third Waynesville has an animal control officer but this was unique situation, really. Why?  I could go on stir this more but why.  This is just another thing to add to my list reasons that I donít like to drive or shop in Waynesville. For the record I belong to the other PETA -People Enjoying Tasty Animals. 

Offline DASNOOP

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2010, 07:00:05 PM »
HAHA are you kidding me..... This is all you have to talk about... wow.... just wow...  +_+_+

EDEN..... I am sure that if you wanted to take the deer that could have no telling what kind of disease and been there at the time to tell the cops you wanted it... you could have loaded it up and took it to your little animal kingdom... However who ever got this BS story going is retarted to even began to think the COPS dont have better things to do than to care for a sick deer... Tell you what.... complain to the council and maybe they COPS will go around with PITA to save all the little furry animals of Waynesville. Personally I would rather have them attempting to catch people like the jerk who broke into my home. Kudos to the female officer for that... I am sorry that people dont have anything better to do that complain about pointless crap.

Offline Eden

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2010, 07:09:10 PM »
seeing this is your first post I assume you got on here just to run your mouth....and since you are convinced it had a disease well that's another good reason the conservation department should have taken care of the situation and um....it's PETA smart one

Offline DASNOOP

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2010, 07:11:28 PM »
ya well typing fast isnt the best however im not the one on here complaining pointlessly about a dead deer... go jump off a cliff... no one will care.... by the way I have been a member of this site since 2006.... BYEEEE

Offline Eden

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2010, 07:12:53 PM »
seems I have plenty to back me up....

Offline Waynesvillian

• ^^^HAHAHAHAHA^^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2010, 07:22:44 PM »
ya well typing fast isnt the best however im not the one on here complaining pointlessly about a dead deer... go jump off a cliff... no one will care.... by the way I have been a member of this site since 2006.... BYEEEE

I hope your dog runs away and the police find it before you do.

Offline DASNOOP

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2010, 07:24:27 PM »
MO CONSERVATION OPINION OF INJURED ANIMALS

To protect the health and safety of people and wildlife, members of the general public should not handle wildlife. Wild animals can inflict serious injury, and they can be carriers of disease and parasites that are transmittable to humans and domestic animals. If you find a sick or injured animal, either leave the animal where you found it and let nature take its course, or call a wildlife rehabilitator for advice on how to proceed. Call the local animal control office or police department for assistance if the animal poses a threat to public health or safety.
It is illegal to care for sick, injured, or orphaned wildlife in Missouri unless you have a permit from the Missouri Department of Natural Resources. Individuals with wildlife rehabilitator permits may assist injured wildlife if necessary. Wildlife rehabilitators should not be expected to have the resources (finances and facility) or experience to successfully treat all species of Missouri wildlife. You should not attempt to assist an animal if there is a risk to personal safety or to the safety of others.
Signs That an Animal Is Sick or Injured
  • Limping
  • Obvious wounds or bleeding
  • Problems standing or inability to stand
  • Trouble holding the head erect
  • Trouble breathing
  • Lethargic, appears unable to see or react to stimuli
  • Emaciated
  • Missing hair or fur
  • Drooling
  • Excessive urination or fecal staining on the rear end
  • Signs of neurological trauma such as seizures or walking in circles
  • Typically nocturnal animal is active during the daytime
Helping Sick or Injured Mammals
If you find a sick or injured animal, there may be a wildlife rehabilitator in your area able to assist you. Untrained individuals should not handle sick or injured wildlife. If rabies is suspected, call the local animal control agency so that the animal can be captured and tested. If you have been bitten by a wild animal, seek medical attention immediately. Your health care provider can assess your risk for rabies exposure and can administer postexposure prophylaxis (PEP) if needed.

Offline DASNOOP

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2010, 07:25:51 PM »
seems I have plenty to back me up....
I know idiots seem plentiful on here

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2010, 07:27:19 PM »
lol.  Sorry, but that's funny :)

I hope your dog runs away and the police find it before you do.

Offline Eden

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2010, 07:27:48 PM »
damn you couldn't walk when you were born, maybe they should have shot you....just sayin....

http://www.awwr.net/ - seems much more humane than shoting it to me!

Offline soso

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2010, 07:28:15 PM »

WOW!!!! Where did that come from??? We all love you eden
"Life should NOT be a  journey to the grave with the  intention of arriving  safely in  an attractive and well preserved body, but  rather to skid in   sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly  used up, totally worn  out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Author Unknown

Offline Eden

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2010, 07:30:05 PM »
by the way I have been a member of this site since 2006.... BYEEEE

2006....profile says 2008....either way....seems to have hit a nerve for you to start posting now....you related to lady helpless fawn slayer?

Offline Eden

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2010, 07:31:01 PM »
LOL thanks Soso....I find his comments comical....

Offline DASNOOP

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2010, 07:32:58 PM »

WOW!!!! Where did that come from??? We all love you eden

haha yea kida harsh but really a sick fawn that is a hazard... what do you expect for the police to do... i have never seen an animal rescue tv show in Waynesville..... Maybe you all should start one up and give the police dept. in the area your cards.... im sure they will be more than happy to let you all take care of something like this so they can ridicule your decisions....

Offline Waynesvillian

• ^^^HAHAHAHAHA^^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2010, 07:35:45 PM »
The stuff you posted for us not anywhere says shoot animal and kill it.  Thx for proving what we are discussing in this thread.

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• Land Of The Free, Because Of The Brave
  • Riding Vertical Shiny Side Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2010, 07:46:54 PM »
Man, who pushed DADORKS button?   :anger:
Freedom Of Road Riders,
Protecting and informing riders in Missouri
www.midamericafreedomrally.com

Please watch out for Motorcycles on the road
The life you save might be mine

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2010, 08:00:47 PM »
a fawn or any other new born animal is no different that a baby calf they are trained with in hours to stay put when mama is not around it does not mean they are sick. i for one would not have a problem tending to a new born since i have formula and bottles even a force feeder if needed till it knew how to use the bottle. it is just wrong to shoot something that little without giving it a little bit of a chance
Go ahead and blame me....Everyone else does

Offline Eden

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2010, 08:04:56 PM »
thanks to all my idiot PCW buddies for having my back on this one!

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2010, 08:24:43 PM »
Kathy, you are probably not the only person who would have been willing to take care of it, if they had been given a chance.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!