Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Shot a helpless fawn???!!!!  (Read 40019 times)

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
Re: Shot a helpless fawn???!!!!
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2010, 08:32:47 PM »

Share/Bookmark

....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2010, 09:08:53 PM »
 DASNOOP - You seem to have spent some time on this post yourself going to the trouble of looking stuff up.  It would appear that this is all you have to talk about as well.  Why would you pick a retarted sorry I meant retarded subject as your first post? Try using spell check itís free.

Offline MrsB

• Lurker
  • Its MrsB to you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2010, 09:14:57 PM »
Guess Im an Eden Idiot then too I got your back anytime. Really Jack@#* whatever your retarted(lol) name is, no matter what it was handled wrong. And those who have a heart would understand this...so maybe whatever your name is needs to go take a jump!No matter what you think it was NOT handled right!!!!

Offline MrsB

• Lurker
  • Its MrsB to you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2010, 09:53:11 PM »
Oh yeah!Way to post something on here that proves they did do the wrong thing...LOL! Go DASNOOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAHAHAHAAAAAA

Offline CriTTer

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2010, 10:20:53 PM »
since the city or the cop who shoot the wee wittle baby fawn wont come on here and explain , then maybe we should run this thread national...that might get some answers real quick....cus i dont think its gonna go away any time soon

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2010, 10:27:22 PM »
Fawn Shoot on Leopard Mountain Saturday, 1 dollar per card and 5 dollars cover charge, free baby deer stew for all participants.

The Turkey shoot has been cancelled due to popular demand.

A special thanks goes out to Waynesville PD for donating the meat.

Special prizes for the following categories:
Smallest Penis
Biggest Gun
Best Arm Candy
Tallest Truck
Largest Family
Best use of Astro turf in a truck bed
Loudest wife

Offline ♥♥♥Trena♥♥♥

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2010, 10:34:05 PM »
Kathy, you are probably not the only person who would have been willing to take care of it, if they had been given a chance.
Nope, I would have too! Or at least been at Kathy"s house helping her, lol
Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, So love the people who treat you right, Forget the ones who don't, and believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Offline ♥♥♥Trena♥♥♥

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2010, 10:38:02 PM »
Fawn Shoot on Leopard Mountain Saturday, 1 dollar per card and 5 dollars cover charge, free baby deer stew for all participants.

The Turkey shoot has been cancelled due to popular demand.

A special thanks goes out to Waynesville PD for donating the meat.

Special prizes for the following categories:
Smallest Penis
Biggest Gun
Best Arm Candy
Tallest Truck
Largest Family
Best use of Astro turf in a truck bed
Loudest wife
OMG Rick, That is just wrong is so many ways, lol. But I think I know the people that will win all the special prizes, lmao!
Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, So love the people who treat you right, Forget the ones who don't, and believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Offline HCC

• Wise men argue cases, fools decide them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2010, 03:43:15 AM »
I will try to be a helpful voice of calm and reason.

(Warning Name calling hasn't suddenly become allowed. Rick) you need to SLOWLY step away from the crack pipe and take a breather. You are not helping your cause or argument any when you sound as saple as a mud fence. If you're going to have a battle of wits, don't come to this fight unarmed in the future.

P.S. Kudos to the fine folks who steped up and apologized for the jumping to conclusions in the earlier posts. Yet my faith be restored, but quickly diminished by the dribble of D.

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2010, 04:46:22 AM »
I know Vanilla Princess. She isn't going to Lie.  That's enough for me to know there's wrong doing here.
How does a trained officer miss a shot at Point blank range? Any thoughts on an Expose' Darrell?

Biscuit

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2010, 06:07:01 AM »
2006....profile says 2008....either way....seems to have hit a nerve for you to start posting now....you related to lady helpless fawn slayer?

Caution on the signup dates.... The board had to be reset several years ago. I've been a regular reader since mid-2002 and probably joined in late 2002 or early 2003, but my profile date is from March 02, 2007 on this version of the board, and I was the 27th person to register here.

Only a few currently active people (in reverse order, YankeeTrader, Law101, Fish, Lobo4, Littlebit, Cricket, LondonsMom, Cenwoman, blissfullybusy, purplegirl, mike65583, Black04Tiburon, melissaking, and Rick Lepard himself) have been on longer than me, and only Rick's account predates mine by more than six hours.

I know Vanilla Princess. She isn't going to Lie.  That's enough for me to know there's wrong doing here. How does a trained officer miss a shot at Point blank range? Any thoughts on an Expose' Darrell?

Since you asked, here are my thoughts.

I contacted the Waynesville Police Department yesterday. I've now heard their side. So far, nobody has made a formal complaint or has been willing to put a name (not a messageboard name, but a name I can call to interview) on their complaint.

I don't think it's unreasonable to say that if people have a problem with an action by a government agency, they need to first try to get the problem resolved with that agency before taking it to the public, or if that doesn't work, take their complaint before a city committee or the city council, knowing full well that reporters will be there to report on their complaint.

Regular readers here know quite well that I am perfectly willing to report criticism made of police before city councils and of the sheriff made before the county commission. I do that because the people making the complaint are going on the record in an open meeting with a complaint that they're willing to stand behind and to which they're willing to attach their names.

So far that hasn't happened with the accusations about the deer shooting.
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2010, 06:44:44 AM »
I knew that. Just thought Id make you state it. Now folks know what to do to make the situation either one that that wont happen again or make someone at least say why it happened. Thanks Darrell
Biscuit

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2010, 01:09:17 PM »
Now I'm even more upset than I was before.  Can a person who didn't witness the ATTACK file a complaint?
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline jeepguy

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2010, 01:57:11 PM »
Well I think the Conservation Officer needs to write that officer a ticket for killing that deer, if he has any balls he would. There was no reason at all to do that, I'm a deer hunter and you just don't do that to small deer. Everyone on here needs to contact the Mayor and place a complaint against that officer and her higher command. Hell if I was her Boss she would be fired.

Offline jeepguy

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2010, 02:23:10 PM »
I just sent an email to the mayor of Waynesville and I hope everyone that is pissed about what happened does the same, here is a copy of what I sent.

Sir

I would like to know if anything is being done about a Waynesville PD officer shooting a helpless Fawn in the parking lot of Mid Missouri Credit Union. This fawn was just lost and not sick, the workers of the bank were taking care of it all morning and just needed the fawn to be placed in the care of someone that would care for it, they even offered to pay to take it to the vet, but for some unknown reason the officer decided to discharge her weapon in public not once but twice in front a number of people to include children. This is a serious matter and needs to be addressed. I know there are other people that are sickened by this in the community (you can see and read that on pulaskicountyweb.com). I hope this is going to be addressed ASAP, because I will tell you that what happen has been reported to news agencies across Missouri and the US, and we all know how people like to jump on the band wagon of a helpless baby deer being shot at point blank and the officer standing there laughing after it was done. I hope you address this and take it serious. Thanks for your time.     

Offline ♥♥♥Trena♥♥♥

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2010, 02:40:50 PM »
Jeepguy, maybe you could share the mayor's email address so that it it easier for everyone else to email him.

Offline jeepguy

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2010, 03:07:29 PM »

Offline MrsB

• Lurker
  • Its MrsB to you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2010, 03:27:39 PM »
Well guess someone didn't like my comment! It got deleted!!! LOL! As I was saying...Go jeepguy, No matter what some of these heartless jerks think...it was wrong...it wasnt too far from being a newborn...so hello. How humane was that to kill it, now REALLY?

A Conservation buddy is def looking at this situation! And Again as I said on my deleted post...Darrel I know you will do the right thing when the complaint has been made! AGAIN...Hope everyone has a great day too!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2010, 05:45:34 PM »
So Waynesville needs a formal complaint before they will fix what is an obvious problem.  Just added another reason to my list of reasons which mainly have to do with WPD of why I usually drive around Waynesville and I donít shop there.

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 11, 2010, 06:13:23 PM »
Vanilla Princess...... I can not even imagine how you and the others at the Bank feel after witnessing such a horrible action, especially after you all tried to care for the fawn.  From what I read in your post, it sounds like that Officer needs to have a psychological evaluation done. 

What all of you witnessed will, unfortunately, be with you a long time, and I am so very sorry for all of you.
Proud to have served, US Army, WAC

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 11, 2010, 06:23:23 PM »
So Waynesville needs a formal complaint before they will fix what is an obvious problem.  Just added another reason to my list of reasons which mainly have to do with WPD of why I usually drive around Waynesville and I donít shop there.

I have other work to do so I'm going to write this and try to forget about the dead deer thread for a while.

I don't want it thought based on my post that I am taking anyone's side.  I posted here because I was asked to look into this. I looked into it and it looks like most of the people who have a problem with what was done are complaining here and not sending their complaints somewhere they can actually get investigated and acted on.

Why is a formal complaint necessary? If people aren't willing to stand up and make their complaint with a name attached, there are limits to how seriously their complaint should be taken.

In the meantime, unfortunately, the reputation of the Waynesville Police Department is being hurt for reasons that may or may not be justified. And if it continues and the actions of the police department turn out to have been appropriate, this message board is going to get -- again -- a bum rap for being a bunch of "ready, fire, aim" people ready to believe the worst about people without checking out the facts.

People, including police, are innocent until proven guilty. They do not get tried, convicted and sentenced via the internet, or via the news media, for that matter. And I already know that if this accusation had been made about one of Sheriff King's deputies, lots of people would be coming on here to defend the deputy. The same courtesy ought to be extended to all law enforcement personnel. We're not a bunch of anti-police left-wing crusaders who presume that everyone wearing the uniform is guilty of something.

At this point we don't even have a complaint of wrongdoing so I don't even know for sure what supposedly was done.

Right now I have no facts and I don't know that there is an "obvious problem." What I know is that a deer may or may not have been sick, a conservation agent may or may not have been available to respond, and until the answers to at least those two questions are known, we ought to be presuming that the police were at least trying to act appropriately.

Message boards like this can do a lot of good by letting individual people call potential problems to the attention of the public, the media, and elected officials. Message boards make it possible for people without a voice to have a voice. All of that is good.

But there is a big, big difference between someone who personally saw something saying, "This happened and somebody needs to do something about it" and then other people who didn't personally see what happened deciding that they need to "pile on" the police before anyone even files a complaint that can be investigated.

The first is democracy in action.

The second is a rush to judgment.
Darrell Todd Maurina

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 11, 2010, 06:34:01 PM »
Darrell..as usual is the voice of reason.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline jeepguy

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 11, 2010, 06:59:03 PM »
I have other work to do so I'm going to write this and try to forget about the dead deer thread for a while.

I don't want it thought based on my post that I am taking anyone's side.  I posted here because I was asked to look into this. I looked into it and it looks like most of the people who have a problem with what was done are complaining here and not sending their complaints somewhere they can actually get investigated and acted on.

Why is a formal complaint necessary? If people aren't willing to stand up and make their complaint with a name attached, there are limits to how seriously their complaint should be taken.

In the meantime, unfortunately, the reputation of the Waynesville Police Department is being hurt for reasons that may or may not be justified. And if it continues and the actions of the police department turn out to have been appropriate, this message board is going to get -- again -- a bum rap for being a bunch of "ready, fire, aim" people ready to believe the worst about people without checking out the facts.

People, including police, are innocent until proven guilty. They do not get tried, convicted and sentenced via the internet, or via the news media, for that matter. And I already know that if this accusation had been made about one of Sheriff King's deputies, lots of people would be coming on here to defend the deputy. The same courtesy ought to be extended to all law enforcement personnel. We're not a bunch of anti-police left-wing crusaders who presume that everyone wearing the uniform is guilty of something.

At this point we don't even have a complaint of wrongdoing so I don't even know for sure what supposedly was done.

Right now I have no facts and I don't know that there is an "obvious problem." What I know is that a deer may or may not have been sick, a conservation agent may or may not have been available to respond, and until the answers to at least those two questions are known, we ought to be presuming that the police were at least trying to act appropriately.

Message boards like this can do a lot of good by letting individual people call potential problems to the attention of the public, the media, and elected officials. Message boards make it possible for people without a voice to have a voice. All of that is good.

But there is a big, big difference between someone who personally saw something saying, "This happened and somebody needs to do something about it" and then other people who didn't personally see what happened deciding that they need to "pile on" the police before anyone even files a complaint that can be investigated.

The first is democracy in action.

The second is a rush to judgment.

Well lets see, if you were asked to look into this did you call the bank and ask to talk to the manager or anyone that saw what happen, probably not. You are just doing what you usually do and brush it off because you are afraid to act like a reporter and do your job, even if you know it may piss off some of your friends in the community. That is why this thread and a few letters from me and some friends were sent to several news agencies in the country to include some animal groups, Hopefully they will do what is right and get to the bottom of this, like good reporters do.

Offline MrsB

• Lurker
  • Its MrsB to you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 11, 2010, 07:10:25 PM »
Jeepguy...I like your courage here! I feel the same!

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 11, 2010, 07:28:02 PM »
Well lets see, if you were asked to look into this did you call the bank and ask to talk to the manager or anyone that saw what happen, probably not. You are just doing what you usually do and brush it off because you are afraid to act like a reporter and do your job, even if you know it may piss off some of your friends in the community. That is why this thread and a few letters from me and some friends were sent to several news agencies in the country to include some animal groups, Hopefully they will do what is right and get to the bottom of this, like good reporters do.

Blast it, Jeepguy, you just know how to push my buttons!

I'm not used to being told that I am "afraid to act like a reporter and do (my) job, even if (I) know it may piss off some of (my) friends in the community."

Go ask Councilwoman Luge Hardman or Councilman Ed Conley, both of whom read this board, if I care about "pissing off" (your words) people in the community. They may ask what planet you live on.

I fully expect that I will end up talking to the people who are upset -- if they're upset enough to file a report.

They might also come to the Waynesville Emergency Services and Police Committee or the Waynesville City Council, though if they make specific allegations against specific officers (as opposed to raising policy questions about what police should do when a wild animal is reported as possibly sick) this becomes a personnel matter that can and probably will be handled in closed session.

The ball is in their court. I will act if and when they do, and my actions will depend in large measure on what's in their complaint and how the police respond to that complaint.
Darrell Todd Maurina

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 11, 2010, 08:06:10 PM »
Since Iím not a reporter  nor is this a court of law I can pile it on as much as I want as long as I donít liable a person.  As far as not seeing an obvious problem wipe off your glasses. The officer fired her weapon twice in public to kill a fawn, not mentioning the laughing the fact people were around or she missed the first time.  Do you really think that was best way to handle it?  We have an eyewitness on this site or did you skip over Vanilla_ Princessís post. It pretty much destroyed the one posted by luge. Other tidbits the ďreputationĒ of the WPD is far from stellar to begin with. People and other entities get tried over the internet, e-mail and in the media all the time.  If a deputy had done this I donít believe a lot of people would be on here defending the deputy but would be jumping JBís butt over it. This is not about a particular police dept but action taken by a police officer, it doesnít matter which LED did it but the manner in how this was handled.  Darrell I like some of your articles and posts but when it comes to something that is about LED I believe most are skewed toward the LED. Who said, a wild animal was reported sick?  The police.  I hope that letters that Jeepguy and friends sent get some action I even hope PETA gets involved and I canít stand most of what they do.  One last thing about this website- if WPD doesnít like what is wrote about this then let someone from WPD get on here defend themselves they donít need you to do it for them.

Offline Waynesvillian

• ^^^HAHAHAHAHA^^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 11, 2010, 08:12:57 PM »
you keep this up chas and your karma levels will be where mine are ;D not that it really matters are anything.

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 11, 2010, 08:35:03 PM »
I didn't realize I had Karma points.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 11, 2010, 08:50:07 PM »
I sent him a message and I signed my name.  I will not be a faceless, nameless person making a complaint.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 11, 2010, 09:09:08 PM »
All of you stop trying to sqeeze in on my job of being the person who pisses off people in the community!!!!