Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Shot a helpless fawn???!!!!  (Read 40320 times)

Offline jeepguy

• View Profile
Re: Shot a helpless fawn???!!!!
« Reply #90 on: June 11, 2010, 09:10:30 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Offline jeepguy

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 11, 2010, 09:11:18 PM »
same here, my signature was attached to the letter as well

Oh come on rick, share the wealth.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 11, 2010, 09:22:57 PM »
MrsBconspiracy, I checked the recycle bin and no one removed any of your posts.

Well guess someone didn't like my comment! It got deleted!!! LOL! As I was saying...Go jeepguy, No matter what some of these heartless jerks think...it was wrong...it wasnt too far from being a newborn...so hello. How humane was that to kill it, now REALLY?

A Conservation buddy is def looking at this situation! And Again as I said on my deleted post...Darrel I know you will do the right thing when the complaint has been made! AGAIN...Hope everyone has a great day too!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 11, 2010, 09:24:23 PM »
I pay the bills here, therfore I get to be the head jerk here. LOL

Oh come on rick, share the wealth.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2010, 09:28:04 PM »
You should have brought the word Bambi into the email somehow. Someone SHOT BAMBI!!!!

I just sent an email to the mayor of Waynesville and I hope everyone that is pissed about what happened does the same, here is a copy of what I sent.

Sir

I would like to know if anything is being done about a Waynesville PD officer shooting a helpless Fawn in the parking lot of Mid Missouri Credit Union. This fawn was just lost and not sick, the workers of the bank were taking care of it all morning and just needed the fawn to be placed in the care of someone that would care for it, they even offered to pay to take it to the vet, but for some unknown reason the officer decided to discharge her weapon in public not once but twice in front a number of people to include children. This is a serious matter and needs to be addressed. I know there are other people that are sickened by this in the community (you can see and read that on pulaskicountyweb.com). I hope this is going to be addressed ASAP, because I will tell you that what happen has been reported to news agencies across Missouri and the US, and we all know how people like to jump on the band wagon of a helpless baby deer being shot at point blank and the officer standing there laughing after it was done. I hope you address this and take it serious. Thanks for your time.   

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2010, 09:31:40 PM »
Hey!. I heard the County is putting up a big cannon by the courthouse to kill any uncooperative wild animals that come into town.

Offline CriTTer

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 11, 2010, 10:03:45 PM »
you keep this up chas and your karma levels will be where mine are ;D not that it really matters are anything.
   i just gave him some Karma  (((**&^^%   he took the words right out of my mouth

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 11, 2010, 11:11:26 PM »
jeepguy, I got a message back that said that was not an good e-mail address for the mayor.  I copied and pasted what you put on here.  Did you get the same message?
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 12, 2010, 12:54:18 AM »
Kari ty...... this has been awful..... we just can't believe this even happened like this.... All of us at the credit union appreciate your support.... I stand behind everything i said..... I'm not afraid to hide behind me screen name.... My name is Dorothy Brown i work at the waynesville branch!

Those are the magic words I needed to hear.

Please give me a call at 573.433.6733. I'll be here all night tonight working.

Regards,
Darrell Todd Maurina
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 12, 2010, 01:02:31 AM »
jeepguy, I got a message back that said that was not an good e-mail address for the mayor.  I copied and pasted what you put on here.  Did you get the same message?
Kari ty...... this has been awful..... we just can't believe this even happened like this.... All of us at the credit union appreciate your support.... I stand behind everything i said..... I'm not afraid to hide behind me screen name.... My name is Dorothy Brown i work at the waynesville branch!
Hey I just seen you ask me for help. Send em to my phone and Ill get em up. 855-4343
Biscuit

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 12, 2010, 01:18:22 AM »
Hey I just seen you ask me for help. Send em to my phone and Ill get em up. 855-4343

I'd like copies of the photos too, with the photographer's permission. My email address is on my profile. The version uploaded here will have a lower photo resolution and I'd like the full-size photo before the resolution is cut down to the maximum size for posting here.
Darrell Todd Maurina

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• Land Of The Free, Because Of The Brave
  • Riding Vertical Shiny Side Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 12, 2010, 01:22:36 AM »
Thank goodness that this was not in Alaska, Palin would have been in a Helicopter shooting at it.....OK I know it was a cheapshot, but I am stuck at the airport and have had a bout a pot of coffee
Freedom Of Road Riders,
Protecting and informing riders in Missouri
www.midamericafreedomrally.com

Please watch out for Motorcycles on the road
The life you save might be mine

Offline fknarmyguyretired

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 12, 2010, 01:41:19 AM »
hope they aim to the north so they can get that bigfoot up there on hwy 17

Hey!. I heard the County is putting up a big cannon by the courthouse to kill any uncooperative wild animals that come into town.

Offline CriTTer

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 12, 2010, 01:44:58 AM »
hope they aim to the north so they can get that bigfoot up there on hwy 17
  Its to Ugly....sounds like they only want cute, harmless creatures
( god forbid if any lil girls hamsters were to get loose)

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 12, 2010, 01:59:21 AM »
I don't want to ruin anybody's fun, but I want the mayor and anybody else who reads this board to see we are seriously upset by the action of that officer and we expect there to be consequences for her. 

There are a lot of things on this board to make fun of, I don't think the slaughter of a baby dear in front of children is one of them and it should not be taken lightly.

Just my humble opinion.

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 12, 2010, 02:14:53 AM »
There are a lot of things on this board to make fun of, I don't think the slaughter of a baby dear in front of children is one of them and it should not be taken lightly.

Can somebody who was an eyewitness confirm, on the record, that children saw this happen?
Darrell Todd Maurina

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 12, 2010, 05:29:44 AM »
Heres Dorothys Pics

[attachment deleted by admin]
Biscuit

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 12, 2010, 05:30:23 AM »
Sorry it took so Long. I think theres another.
Biscuit

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 12, 2010, 12:05:58 PM »
I was very small.  That looks like the construction trailer at the CU it is laying under.  Why did she have to use such deadly force to get it under control.   By the way, I'm not letting the Animal Control person off on this either.  If she was there, she is just as guilty as the officer who pulled the gun.   It is said in a previous post she is the one who "hooked the rope around it's neck and threw it in the back of the truck" so she must have been there when it was shot.  She could have stopped the officer from shooting.

Offline CriTTer

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 12, 2010, 01:02:41 PM »
Can somebody who was an eyewitness confirm, on the record, that children saw this happen?
I work at mmcu where the baby deer was... The baby deer was walking around, We were taking care of this little guy all morning!!!!!! He was NOT acting sick, We think we has just born. I took water out for him myself! The baby deer kept walking into our main parking lot, we would go out side and get the deer to go back to the back side of the building!!!! We did not want him to get run over. All morning we were making calls to conservation, animal control with no response back!!! So that is when my  co worker contacted waynesville pd... We even told this officer we would pay to take the deer to a vet. But Nooooooooooo She pulled her gun out point blank range an shot and missed the first time..... then the officer proceded to rub her ear out an laugh then shot the deer again.... The poor lil Deer let out a awful scream!!!!! Then animal control grabbed this pole with a rope on the end and threw the deer in her truck..... This was the most inhuman crap I've ever seen!!! We took care of this baby deer all morning it was so devastating.... we had children in our branch who heard about this people were upset and crying!!!! I have pictures of this Deer I'm gonna email rick! This just really makes me sick!!!! Its very upsetting to us all.... Darrell thats just about as bad a if they watched it happen, just being around tramatic episodes can be harmful to a child

Offline prE4chEr

• Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 12, 2010, 09:27:06 PM »
If the mother deer is nowhere to be found you are putting a defenseless baby animal back into the woods to die a slow senseless death.

At least putting it in the woods somewhere would have been more natural. It may die a slow death, but it wouldn't be senseless.  Carnivores and omnivores would have had the oppurtunity to eat it. It's death would have served a greater purpose than the one that has been relegated to it. Now it won't be much more than scavenger and maggot food.
(\__/)
(o.O )
(> < )  Look into my evil eye. Bunny needs brains.....BRAINS!!!

"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 12, 2010, 09:37:43 PM »
Surely this violated the discharge of weapons rules...
"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 12, 2010, 11:07:42 PM »
Dead deer dispute follows officer's decision to shoot fawn in face

Waynesville police decided this deer was sick and needed to be shot.

Dead deer dispute follows officer's decision to shoot fawn in face
WAYNESVILLE, Mo. (June 12, 2010) ó Mid-Missouri Credit Union employees say they were trying to help a baby deer Wednesday morning, donít understand why state conservation agents didnít respond, and are even more upset that a Waynesville police officer shot the fawn in the head. According to Mid-Missouri Credit Union teller Dorothy Brown, employees found the fawn in their rear parking lot when they arrived for work. The first employee arrived at 7:15 a.m., realized the fawn was walking around from the back parking lot with minimal traffic to the front parking lot where it could get hit by customersí cars, and tried repeatedly to get help. ďI was like, ĎOh my gosh, thatís a baby deer!íĒ Brown said. ďMy coworkers tried to call the conservation agents; they didnít return the call. They tried to call the highway patrol, nobody called back. The deer kept trying to go into the front parking lot Ö we didnít want it to get run over.Ē When neither conservation agents nor state troopers responded, the employees called city police. A Waynesville officer arrived about 10:30 a.m., but the response wasnít what employees expected. According to Brown, the police officer decided the deer was sick and needed to be shot. Click here to read more on Pulaski County Daily News ...
By Darrell Todd Maurina
Darrell Todd Maurina

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 12, 2010, 11:27:49 PM »
Darrell this story pleases me very much.
Very Informative.
Thank you for getting the story out....... ***(**&
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 12, 2010, 11:35:12 PM »
Whoever this officer is, and whoever gave her the orders to do this, I think it should be public knowledge!! I think the whole episode is an outrage.
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 12, 2010, 11:49:41 PM »
Good Job Darrell
Biscuit

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 13, 2010, 12:25:24 AM »
Good job Darrell.  I'm sure nothing will be done about the fawn slayer's actions but at least people will know what happened.  That picture is so telling.  That is a bright eyed little baby.  Doesn't look sick to me.  Could have been handled so much differently if someone with a heart to help (which police officers should have) and the brain to think things through before taking action that results in death.

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 13, 2010, 02:15:20 AM »
Conservation agent cautions Missouri residents about injured or sick deer
WAYNESVILLE, Mo. (June 12, 2010) ó Without a veterinarianís evaluation, it may never be known with certainty whether the baby deer shot Wednesday by Waynesville police was sick. However, Conservation Agent Aaron Pondrom cautioned that sick deer do exist in Missouri, and if an animal appears to be sick, the general public should avoid contact and call conservation agents or other professionals. Inability to walk property is often a key indicator of a diseased deer. Itís one symptom of rabies which is a serious concern for many wild animals, Pondrom said, and is a key symptom of a new illness, chronic wasting disease, that has forced officials with the Missouri Department of Conservation to establish new regulations for handling deer. Click here to read more on Pulaski County Daily News ...

By Darrell Todd Maurina
Darrell Todd Maurina

Offline CriTTer

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 13, 2010, 02:24:40 AM »
So this deer must of went somewhere for CWD testing....surely the cop and animal control would want to do the right thing.    or did they destroy the deer to hide what they have done?