Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: House Bill 586  (Read 29913 times)

Offline FordGuyu

• View Profile
Re: House Bill 586
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2010, 04:09:42 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Its just more egotism in work... someone who thinks that they are right and feels the need to try and save the rest of the world because they believe their morality to be so much better than anyone elses.

Or I guess it could be because of a lack of being able to be a parent and being too afraid to explain adult businesses to your children... like in the case of the guy who wrote the Bill...

Seriously... that's what he based his actions with this bill on... some crackpot story about having to explain what a strip club is to his daughter...

I think he just probably got his feelings hurt by a dancer sometime.  LOL.  Maybe she wouldn't have an affair with him or something and he went all militant against strip clubs.  LOL.

This is his last term... so I guess he wants to go out with a bang and get the bill passed that he never could get passed before...  It will probably make him look shinier to his congregation at church...

Shoot, if the strippers really wanted to hit home, they could just release the names of all the church members who frequent their club, I'd bet money there are a few.

It's not so much the overbearing religious mania that bothers me, it's the chronic hypocrisy. I'm a moral person, I feel like I do things the right way most of the time for the right reasons, and I don't need some preacher to tell me why to do it, and I certainly don't need to harass people who have different lifestyles than I do. They're hypocrite's and fanatics,  blind sheep, following the flock of the weak-minded.

J

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2010, 12:23:44 AM »
+ 1 fordguyu
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2010, 09:04:00 PM »
Strip club bill goes into effect tomorrow                                 Posted on                   August 27, 2010                   by                   Roseann Moring                                                A judge has ruled (pdf) that a law that places severe restrictions on the state’s sexually oriented businesses clubs will go into effect tomorrow.
The law, among other things, bans full nudity in strip clubs and keeps semi-nude employees from touching patrons.
The businesses had askedCole County Circuit Court Judge Jon Beetem to hold off on allowing thelaw to go into effect. But he ruled that they didn’t give him enoughtime to consider their motion.
“The law will undoubtedly change thebusiness practices of the plaintiffs, and they will likely suffer someeconomic loss,” Beetem wrote. “But economic loss alone does not alterthe analysis of the legal issues surrounding Plaintiffs’ constitutionalchallenges.”
The law has gotten some criticism for hurting small businesses (albeit a specific sector) during a down economy.
When asked about that, Gov. Jay Nixon said: “I don’t think the future of my state will be built on that industry.”

http://blogs.news-leader.com/mopolitics/2010/08/27/strip-club-bill-goes-into-effect-tomorrow/

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2010, 02:43:37 AM »
Maybey Jay nixon wont mind letting all the people in that industry join the ranks of welfare and foodstamp recievers so we can bog down or economy even more with taxpayers taking the hit on the losses these people are going to have as an income. Great thinking . I hope all the christians who rallied to have these businesses shut down can have the heart now to take collection for the loss of homes and cars and other things these people will no longer be able to pay for.
Biscuit

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2010, 08:21:48 AM »
It isn't over yet...

But the businesses will certainly be raped in the mean time...

The smaller clubs... may not survive.  Small club = clubs like Big Louie's and After Dark, bigger clubs = chains like Larry Flint's Hustler Club and Crazy Horse.

So, they're just going to hurt the smaller businesses... It makes me wonder sometimes... maybe its part of a bigger plan...

Maybe its a form of the Wal-Mart effect at destroying small businesses.  LOL.  Nah... its probably not really anything but a morality play being played out to make a few holier than thous feel like they actually did something meaningful with their lives.

Too bad they will be forgotten regardless...

Maybey Jay nixon wont mind letting all the people in that industry join the ranks of welfare and foodstamp recievers so we can bog down or economy even more with taxpayers taking the hit on the losses these people are going to have as an income. Great thinking . I hope all the christians who rallied to have these businesses shut down can have the heart now to take collection for the loss of homes and cars and other things these people will no longer be able to pay for.

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2010, 11:04:55 PM »
We had an interview with Kolor 10 yesterday.  It was on the 10 o'clock news.

http://ozarksfirst.com/fulltext?nxd_id=320315

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2010, 01:00:11 AM »
 whether anyone likes that type of business or not, it is a legal business.
I would like to see the plan by the bill's supporters to replace the jobs and revenues.

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2010, 04:21:16 AM »
They don't have one.  They just tell us "It will undoubtedly effect your revenue."

I'm thinking... "really? No shit."

They never mention that the places will go out of business... they just say it will effect the revenue.

whether anyone likes that type of business or not, it is a legal business.
I would like to see the plan by the bill's supporters to replace the jobs and revenues.

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 03, 2010, 05:28:44 AM »
What ever happened to Grandfathering businesses so that new ones couldnt open .....but existing ones could operate under laws that existed when they opened. I dont think its constitutional to have laws and then change them declaring a business no longer legal......And I also thought no state could make a law governing something thats legal federally? Theres got to be something they can do. I was told recently that a city cannot make a law concerning something that the state already regulates. Is there any federal regulation concerning clubs of these types? If so the State might be out of line. I dont know thats why Im asking.
Biscuit

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2010, 09:28:46 PM »
I don't think so... there is supposed to be some really good lawyers on this case.

However, I think if someone has an agenda... this thing will stay put.  Agenda's can be paid for... and I'm really starting to wonder what wheels are getting greased in our government concerning this issue...

That is how the government in this country functions.  People pay for their agendas.  People don't REALLY vote on anything anymore... its all a stage show.

What ever happened to Grandfathering businesses so that new ones couldnt open .....but existing ones could operate under laws that existed when they opened. I dont think its constitutional to have laws and then change them declaring a business no longer legal......And I also thought no state could make a law governing something thats legal federally? Theres got to be something they can do. I was told recently that a city cannot make a law concerning something that the state already regulates. Is there any federal regulation concerning clubs of these types? If so the State might be out of line. I dont know thats why Im asking.

Offline ♥♥♥Trena♥♥♥

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2010, 01:16:57 AM »
Just saw this ad on another website. How is he allowed to still operate this way?

At BIG LOUIE'S GENTLEMEN'S CLUB, business is better than ever
There have been changes in the law regarding how entertainers in Missouri are allowed to perform. These laws have actually worked in Big Louie's favor. We are the only club in Missouri to have BOTH liquor/beer and lapdances
Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, So love the people who treat you right, Forget the ones who don't, and believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2010, 02:23:47 AM »
DN_____How can Big Louie get around this and the other clubs can't  ???   ::)
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2010, 02:53:02 PM »
His mother must be so proud.

Just saw this ad on another website. How is he allowed to still operate this way?

At BIG LOUIE'S GENTLEMEN'S CLUB, business is better than ever
There have been changes in the law regarding how entertainers in Missouri are allowed to perform. These laws have actually worked in Big Louie's favor. We are the only club in Missouri to have BOTH liquor/beer and lapdances
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline freethinker

• My boston - emerSIN
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2010, 03:36:55 PM »
from what i gather, Louie moved his dancers into another part of his property because they already had a liqour license for that part. so the bar/club is in what used to be the stripping area and vice versa.
the other clubs will have to wait through the long process of being granted a liqour license [if they can get one] to do what Louie's is doing. but this is all second hand information, so it may not be entirely accurate. it's just what makes sense from what I've been told.

i wanna know why the girls aren't just wearing clear plastic clothing and challenging the definition of "nude" and "clothed"...

Offline ♥♥♥Trena♥♥♥

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2010, 03:52:04 PM »
from what i gather, Louie moved his dancers into another part of his property because they already had a liqour license for that part. so the bar/club is in what used to be the stripping area and vice versa.
the other clubs will have to wait through the long process of being granted a liqour license [if they can get one] to do what Louie's is doing. but this is all second hand information, so it may not be entirely accurate. it's just what makes sense from what I've been told.

i wanna know why the girls aren't just wearing clear plastic clothing and challenging the definition of "nude" and "clothed"...
That still doesn't make sense to me? How does moving the dancers to the area where the booze is sold make it legal?
Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, So love the people who treat you right, Forget the ones who don't, and believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 17, 2010, 04:04:07 PM »
I took it to mean that the dancers were moved out of the room where the alcohol is served.
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 17, 2010, 04:33:04 PM »
A person couldn't buy alcohol where the ladies performed, it was a juice bar. It use to be, I don't know about now but if the ladies had pasties and a t-bar you could sell booze. If I can drink and look at half naked ladies I night go back.

Offline freethinker

• My boston - emerSIN
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2010, 04:53:28 PM »
...  was the entire law put into effect, or just the part about no nudity?

what exactly are they not suppose to be doing in these clubs anymore, as of today..?

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2010, 10:53:36 PM »
At this time, I'm going to have to gather some data on these events to present a clear response.

So... I'll respond soonish.  I've been really busy doing things at Area 151 lately.  I haven't been as on top of this issue as usual.

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Offline freethinker

• My boston - emerSIN
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2010, 03:55:51 PM »
So, this is what i've gathered by reading as much of the news coverage as i could find...

Once these clubs put their girls in bikini's they were no longer considered "nude" or "partially nude"

because of that, they are no longer considered a sexually oriented business, and the section of the bill that restricted the girls from touching or being a certain distance from the customers no longer applied.

being able to serve drinks is all dependent on the possession of a liqour license for that premises, which after dark does not yet have but louie's circumvented by moving his dancers into a different part of the property.

so that's how what they are doing is technically legal

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 27, 2010, 12:31:33 AM »
Big Louie's dancers are in the same building that the alcohol is in.  He moved them from the Big Louie's building into his nightclub building because he has a liquor license there. 

They just do lap dances out back in a building that I believe is called the "rock your cock hut."  That doesn't seem legal to me... but whatever.  He usually knows the in and outs of these laws better than anyone.

After Dark doesn't sell alcohol.  The girls are in bikinis and the dances are as usual... just fully clothed.  So far it hasn't been a big complaint among customers and profits are still being generated.

So, this is what i've gathered by reading as much of the news coverage as i could find...

Once these clubs put their girls in bikini's they were no longer considered "nude" or "partially nude"

because of that, they are no longer considered a sexually oriented business, and the section of the bill that restricted the girls from touching or being a certain distance from the customers no longer applied.

being able to serve drinks is all dependent on the possession of a liqour license for that premises, which after dark does not yet have but louie's circumvented by moving his dancers into a different part of the property.

so that's how what they are doing is technically legal

Offline BigLouie

• This is my custom title...customized for me
  • Lurker
  • Life's too short to be a hater..unless ur a loser
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 27, 2010, 05:01:35 AM »
Okay, I will answer your questions.
1. Yes, my mother is proud of me.
2. when I originally came to town, in 1998, I had a "pastie" liqour strip club. There were actually 6 of those in town and 2 nude "juice" clubs.  We opened a 2nd location for a "juice" club in 2000. We then found a loophole that allowed us to have 3.2% beer in the "juice" club .That put all of the "liquor" clubs out of business.

In 2005, all of that changed, due to legislation, and we were back to a "juice" bar.

We then opened Chicken Bones Party Bar and Grill so people could go next door and drink, then go back to Big Louie's and watch the dancers (and get lap dances of course)

SB 586, did away with all nudity. However, if you cover up enough, you no longer classify as an adult business (Liqour Licenses cannot be held by "adult" businesses)

Now, we are back to being a Liqour Strip club, we have conformed to all of the regulations. We have moved into the "nightclub" area of the complex

However, in a liqour strip club, there is no "Lap" dancing allowed.

So, then we moved Mermaids Cabaret. (what we had changed our name to a couple of years ago) to a building at the back of the lot, near the NEW Big Louies.

Now, you go there to get lap dances. It works in almost reverse of the way it was before.

Yes, we have checked with attorneys and law enforcement to verify the legality of it. In fact, the reason it was so easy to move there so quickly was that I have been planning this for several years now. I knew this day would come (and actually welcomed it, believe it or not)

We are getting ready to enlarge Mermaids to accomodate a late night (after 1:30) club.  That will take a couple of months though.

What is funny though, is that all of our customers who have been to the "old" strip club like this new set-up much better.  as Chas said, he would come back if there were liquor. Yep, there is liqour and beer.

I'll tell you what, come try it out for free. just send me an email to biglouie@ilovebiglouies.com  or here on my profile and I will put you on my guest list (and your friends as well). Just let me know the night that you want to come and it will be a done deal.

Freedom is when you let others do things even though you personally despise it. Don't use the "others get hurt by that action" bullshit with me. If you really cared about "protecting"everyone, you would ban driving (people get hurt and killed), drinking, gambling, smoking, Catholic churches within 1000 feet of a school (and an 18year old age limit) to protect children from pedophiles.
  Freedom and Liberty is for everyone. It is not limited to YOUR vain opinions, it belongs to all of us. Given the chance, everyone would ban SOMETHING that they don't agree with until we are all banned from doing anything!
Yes, it was all done with good intentions, but the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
-Big Louie

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 27, 2010, 01:13:02 PM »
No comment really, just that accommodate has 2 m's.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline BigLouie

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2010, 01:30:39 PM »
Yeah, and I always type too fast and misspell Liquor. For some reason, the spell check function says "error on page" and I didn't take the extra time to proof-read the article. I am sure that the whole article makes no sense with that spelling error.
Clayton, you should probably remove the whole thread as I have completely screwed everything up. DAMMIT!!! What a disaster.

Have I waisted enouf time on the speeling  mictakez yeet?
Freedom is when you let others do things even though you personally despise it. Don't use the "others get hurt by that action" bullshit with me. If you really cared about "protecting"everyone, you would ban driving (people get hurt and killed), drinking, gambling, smoking, Catholic churches within 1000 feet of a school (and an 18year old age limit) to protect children from pedophiles.
  Freedom and Liberty is for everyone. It is not limited to YOUR vain opinions, it belongs to all of us. Given the chance, everyone would ban SOMETHING that they don't agree with until we are all banned from doing anything!
Yes, it was all done with good intentions, but the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
-Big Louie

Offline FordGuyu

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2010, 02:13:09 PM »
Yeah, and I always type too fast and misspell Liquor. For some reason, the spell check function says "error on page" and I didn't take the extra time to proof-read the article. I am sure that the whole article makes no sense with that spelling error.
Clayton, you should probably remove the whole thread as I have completely screwed everything up. DAMMIT!!! What a disaster.

Have I waisted enouf time on the speeling  mictakez yeet?

lol +1 for Louie.

Offline fknarmyguyretired

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 27, 2010, 03:15:46 PM »
I was under the impression that the strip clubs in St Robert went away due to new city ordinances pertaining to liquor licenses.  I need to quit assuming things.

Okay, I will answer your questions.
1. Yes, my mother is proud of me.
2. when I originally came to town, in 1998, I had a "pastie" liqour strip club. There were actually 6 of those in town and 2 nude "juice" clubs.  We opened a 2nd location for a "juice" club in 2000. We then found a loophole that allowed us to have 3.2% beer in the "juice" club .That put all of the "liquor" clubs out of business.

In 2005, all of that changed, due to legislation, and we were back to a "juice" bar.

We then opened Chicken Bones Party Bar and Grill so people could go next door and drink, then go back to Big Louie's and watch the dancers (and get lap dances of course)

SB 586, did away with all nudity. However, if you cover up enough, you no longer classify as an adult business (Liqour Licenses cannot be held by "adult" businesses)

Now, we are back to being a Liqour Strip club, we have conformed to all of the regulations. We have moved into the "nightclub" area of the complex

However, in a liqour strip club, there is no "Lap" dancing allowed.

So, then we moved Mermaids Cabaret. (what we had changed our name to a couple of years ago) to a building at the back of the lot, near the NEW Big Louies.

Now, you go there to get lap dances. It works in almost reverse of the way it was before.

Yes, we have checked with attorneys and law enforcement to verify the legality of it. In fact, the reason it was so easy to move there so quickly was that I have been planning this for several years now. I knew this day would come (and actually welcomed it, believe it or not)

We are getting ready to enlarge Mermaids to accomodate a late night (after 1:30) club.  That will take a couple of months though.

What is funny though, is that all of our customers who have been to the "old" strip club like this new set-up much better.  as Chas said, he would come back if there were liquor. Yep, there is liqour and beer.

I'll tell you what, come try it out for free. just send me an email to biglouie@ilovebiglouies.com  or here on my profile and I will put you on my guest list (and your friends as well). Just let me know the night that you want to come and it will be a done deal.

Offline BigLouie

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 27, 2010, 03:41:52 PM »
I was under the impression that the strip clubs in St Robert went away due to new city ordinances pertaining to liquor licenses.  I need to quit assuming things.

No, You are correct. However, we are in the county, which has no zoning, and because it's 3rd class county (no pun intended) it cannot zone. However, the state has the authority and just exercised it. I agree with the state that we needed some zoning to protect everyone from the possibility of nipple-viewing causing violent crimes and rapes and pedophilia and monkey-sex and obesity and whatever else these smut lovers cause when they come to town.
  I mean, let's get real about these holigans and adult business people. There is a direct correlation of priests getting handjobs from children and Senators getting blowjobs in the bathrooms (and more) while publicly supporting laws against such heinous PORN lovers.
  If we could get rid of ALL adult businesses, these guys could get their handjobs and blowjobs in peace.
  I hope God huuries up and puts all of these dirtbags in HELL.
-Big Louie

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• Land Of The Free, Because Of The Brave
  • Riding Vertical Shiny Side Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2010, 04:32:43 PM »
OK, who let Louie out of his cage and gave him access to a computer?
Freedom Of Road Riders,
Protecting and informing riders in Missouri
www.midamericafreedomrally.com

Please watch out for Motorcycles on the road
The life you save might be mine

Offline BigLouie

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 27, 2010, 04:50:25 PM »
OK, who let Louie out of his cage and gave him access to a computer?

I snuck in late at night before Clayton could deny my membership...LOL

(okay Clayton, that was a joke, do not get offended and go all crazy)

(seriously Clayton, that was a joke too....calm down)

I just want all of my posts from the past counted too
-Big Louie