Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Stefano's  (Read 30450 times)

Offline Eeyore

• "Never leave your partner behind"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Stefano's
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2008, 08:00:21 PM »

Share/Bookmark

"Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline Probie

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2008, 03:17:02 AM »
Had a great cal zone the other day

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2008, 06:26:58 PM »
Their Mozzarella Bread Sticks are to die for.. Highly Recommend.

Offline ♥♥♥Trena♥♥♥

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2008, 06:35:51 PM »
I eat there every chance I get. Love it!
Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, So love the people who treat you right, Forget the ones who don't, and believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Offline Desrt Sky

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2008, 03:13:23 AM »
I have become addicted to Stefano's chicken parmesan sandwich and cheddar balls. I also love the gyros; they load them so full that it is hard to eat the whole thing. Today was the first time I ate the pizza there and I was very impressed. The first thing I thought was how homemade it tasted. It was very fresh and delicious.

Offline jlh

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2008, 01:14:53 PM »
I haven't tried everything on the menu, but what I have eaten there has always been fresh and I have never been disappointed. $$$##@

Offline "DJ"

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2008, 02:01:10 AM »
We love Stephano's . The gyro pizza is our favorite. Best pizza in town!!!!

Offline A_MARIE

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2008, 06:38:54 PM »
Wow its really nice to see a restaurant with so many compliments but is it pricey? An where exactly is it located I'd love to give it shot! Sounds Yummmmmy!

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2008, 06:58:22 PM »
It is in Clayton Towers, or what most of us call the mini-mall.
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

Offline jlh

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2008, 01:24:44 AM »
A_Marie, the price range is pretty reasonable. It usually costs my daughter and me around twenty dollars and that includes the tip. The atmosphere is part of the experience. You'll really enjoy yourself.

Offline A_MARIE

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2008, 02:03:50 AM »
THANKS JLH & OKIE!  :{:{:

Caponi_fan

« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2008, 05:26:42 AM »
Stephan is by far THE best pizza man in town.. When my mother(jlh) and I go we get the Magarita... It is to die for. cheese, sauce, but not the heavey sauce like at a pizza joint, basil leaves sliced tomatos and we ask him to add gyro meat... Oh wow... it's soooooooo wonderful.. We tell him everytime we go in that's our favorite.. lol... The pizza is a more Roman style pizza... so it's not gonna have alot of unnecessary toppings on it that muddle up the delicate crust. It's simple, and a very pretty pizza, the way the color of the basil makes it pop... Sorry, but I have an appreciation for pretty food... You eat with your eyes first, as Rachel Ray says.. She's not kidding. If you like gyro meat, and you like pizza...dont pass this one up... you will not be dissapointed!!

Offline A_MARIE

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2008, 07:47:17 PM »
I WENT AN HAD THE CHICKEN PARMIGANI DINNER AWESOME THE SETUP WAS VERY RELAXING I LOVED IT WONT BE MY LAST TIME :D

Offline 2manyhats2

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2008, 09:22:53 PM »
Has someone mentioned how kid friendly Stefano's is? They give the kids dough to play with while they wait for the food. So much better than crayons! Keeps our 4 yr. old content. She begs to go there!

Caponi_fan

« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2008, 12:04:37 AM »
Awwwww... that's cool. My friend who I'm in psychology with works there, and she said she's one of the girls who works with kids well. I think it's great that they do that... Cause it's hard sometimes for little ones to wait for stuff... I know it was for me when I was little... I hated waiting... lol

Offline dukie06

• Lurker
  • Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2008, 08:56:42 PM »
The kid friendly enviornment is pretty awesome.. I was a little bit upset when they put the wall up i used to love watching them make the food and cutting the gyro. The pizza is always great and loaded with toppings, worth the prices. My favorite is the calzone!! you can make any pizza a calzone. its great. I also love the alfredo with chicken its great.. OH  and the newer chicken alfredo pizza.. so good!! The hot wings are great and the waitresses are always kind. I have my favorites of waitresses in there. My favorite waitress is always kind and she jokes around with me which i love. I like the fact that the waitresses connect with you and talk to you, unlike most places they aren't smug and they enjoy talking. I think I might gather some people and go tonight. But the food is great and the waitresses are pretty nice. The only thing I'd complain about would be when the Owner, not sure what is name is, or if he is the owner, (don't go enough) would stop screaming at the waitresses. It ruins the experiences, and makes everyone uncomfortable. It's like he doesnt care everyone in the resturant can hear him screaming at the waitresses in such harsh tones. I've seen him make one cry, that almost made me stop coming. But the food is great, and whenever i go i try to get the same waitress and i know she enjoys me when i come with my large group of people and my family. They all are. Its like your a family member that was lost and they found you :) haha. but seriously go try it out.. they've changed a lot of stuff.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2008, 12:50:36 AM »
I have became pretty good friends with Stefan, he's from an eastern Block country, he doesn't quite understand our culture 100 percent, that combined with his frustration of finding and retaining good help is the reason for this.. He also is a perfectionist and wants his customers to be satisfied.. There used to be a skit on Saturday night live where they repeatedly said Cheeseburga, Cheeseburga, no fries, chips, he reminds me of that. I had to explain to him that we don't call women babe,  to him this is affectionate, and to us it could be considered a bad thing.. All in all he has great intentions and wants what's best for you the customer.

He is a great guy that has a lot of work and pressure on him, soon he will be a father to a girl as he and his wife are expecting again...

The kid friendly enviornment is pretty awesome.. I was a little bit upset when they put the wall up i used to love watching them make the food and cutting the gyro. The pizza is always great and loaded with toppings, worth the prices. My favorite is the calzone!! you can make any pizza a calzone. its great. I also love the alfredo with chicken its great.. OH  and the newer chicken alfredo pizza.. so good!! The hot wings are great and the waitresses are always kind. I have my favorites of waitresses in there. My favorite waitress is always kind and she jokes around with me which i love. I like the fact that the waitresses connect with you and talk to you, unlike most places they aren't smug and they enjoy talking. I think I might gather some people and go tonight. But the food is great and the waitresses are pretty nice. The only thing I'd complain about would be when the Owner, not sure what is name is, or if he is the owner, (don't go enough) would stop screaming at the waitresses. It ruins the experiences, and makes everyone uncomfortable. It's like he doesnt care everyone in the resturant can hear him screaming at the waitresses in such harsh tones. I've seen him make one cry, that almost made me stop coming. But the food is great, and whenever i go i try to get the same waitress and i know she enjoys me when i come with my large group of people and my family. They all are. Its like your a family member that was lost and they found you :) haha. but seriously go try it out.. they've changed a lot of stuff.

Offline dukie06

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2008, 03:16:08 AM »
It's been a while since i've commented back on this site. I understand he has a lot of pressure on him, but I don't think he would have a problem finding good help if he'd stop yelling at everyone. I've noticed that the cooks hardly ever get yelled at it's always the waitresses fault. I understand that it is his business, he'll do what he wants. I'm hoping the owner reads this and understands that he will get no where with yelling at a waitress, besides with hiring a new one. I'm not speaking bad about him, I don't know him, but i dont like how when my waitress is talking to me, and he yells at her to come over there, and i have to hear her get yelled at because of me talking to her. She always says it's okay, but i can tell that it bothers her. I go just about once a month. My favorite waitress is luckly still there, but she is the only one that's left since i started coming. I've heard from other people that waitresses can't handle him yelling at them, and they just walk out. The food is wonderful most days, although i wish he would add more sausage  to his pizza's :] i love it. I just wish I wouldn't have to hear my waitress get yelled at constantly when i'm in there. I guess maybe it's my fault for talking to her, but hell, i'm there for a good time, and my waitress always brings a smile to my face. lol ya'll should get her as a waitress, she knows what she is doin! haha. well like i was saying I understand getting stressed, but I don't want to hear you yelling at someone while i'm with my daughter and son that are 2 and 4. I want it to be relaxing and when i see my waitress tense because i just saw her get yelled at, it ruins it.

Wishing you all a blessed evening. Goodnight.

I have became pretty good friends with Stefan, he's from an eastern Block country, he doesn't quite understand our culture 100 percent, that combined with his frustration of finding and retaining good help is the reason for this.. He also is a perfectionist and wants his customers to be satisfied.. There used to be a skit on Saturday night live where they repeatedly said Cheeseburga, Cheeseburga, no fries, chips, he reminds me of that. I had to explain to him that we don't call women babe,  to him this is affectionate, and to us it could be considered a bad thing.. All in all he has great intentions and wants what's best for you the customer.

He is a great guy that has a lot of work and pressure on him, soon he will be a father to a girl as he and his wife are expecting again...

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2008, 03:31:57 AM »
He runs a tight ship for sure, on the other hand if he let everthing they do go, someone would would be in here complaining that they had bad service there.. I was much harder to work for back 25 years ago.. He will mellow, it's the first business he has owned..

It's been a while since i've commented back on this site. I understand he has a lot of pressure on him, but I don't think he would have a problem finding good help if he'd stop yelling at everyone. I've noticed that the cooks hardly ever get yelled at it's always the waitresses fault. I understand that it is his business, he'll do what he wants. I'm hoping the owner reads this and understands that he will get no where with yelling at a waitress, besides with hiring a new one. I'm not speaking bad about him, I don't know him, but i dont like how when my waitress is talking to me, and he yells at her to come over there, and i have to hear her get yelled at because of me talking to her. She always says it's okay, but i can tell that it bothers her. I go just about once a month. My favorite waitress is luckly still there, but she is the only one that's left since i started coming. I've heard from other people that waitresses can't handle him yelling at them, and they just walk out. The food is wonderful most days, although i wish he would add more sausage  to his pizza's :] i love it. I just wish I wouldn't have to hear my waitress get yelled at constantly when i'm in there. I guess maybe it's my fault for talking to her, but hell, i'm there for a good time, and my waitress always brings a smile to my face. lol ya'll should get her as a waitress, she knows what she is doin! haha. well like i was saying I understand getting stressed, but I don't want to hear you yelling at someone while i'm with my daughter and son that are 2 and 4. I want it to be relaxing and when i see my waitress tense because i just saw her get yelled at, it ruins it.

Wishing you all a blessed evening. Goodnight.

Offline ♥♥♥Trena♥♥♥

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 29, 2008, 03:38:31 AM »
I've been the several times, and I have never seen or heard him yell at anyone. Always super friendly and a smile on his face.
Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, So love the people who treat you right, Forget the ones who don't, and believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 29, 2008, 03:11:19 PM »
Waitresses are not supposed to be standing around talking.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline tedh357

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2011, 09:54:38 PM »
I really like this place. The Gyros was great (and I am from Chicago, so I know what one is supposed to taste like), the pizza good, and the delivery fast.

Speaking of the Gyros, avoid the place in the PX. (yuck)

They have a $15 delivery minimum that's hard to meet for a single person if you don't want any sides. I ordered two dinners and it only came out to $14.30. But, they gave me a break and delivered anyway which is cool.

Offline ♥♥♥Trena♥♥♥

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2012, 12:36:25 AM »
Anyone know what happened to Stefano's? We went there last Friday night and it was closed. Tried again tonight and it's not only closed but the signs are gone and the place is empty! This was one of my favorite places to eat. We were there a few weeks ago and he never said anything about closing.....UGH!!

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2012, 03:51:25 AM »
I hope they didn't close and just moved... I loved their gyros, and vegetarian pizza!
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

Offline my3sons

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 21, 2012, 05:16:59 AM »
He came by our shop to get some boxes a couple days ago to pack his dishes up. I asked him if he was closing and all he said was yes. He did not elaborate and I didn't ask why, but he never mentioned moving to another location.

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 21, 2012, 10:17:24 AM »
It is a sad day for Pulaski County...
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

Offline JCorn

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2012, 11:52:00 PM »
I agree Littlebit, it is a sad day.  I haven't eaten there in awhile but it was always one of my favorites.  Some of the guys I work with stopped going in there because the atmosphere changed and they weren't happy with it.  I thought the food there was excellent.

Offline berto45

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 22, 2012, 12:40:25 PM »
While the food was good; the way he treated his employees wasnt the best. I used to eat there about once a twice a month and found a different waitress every time. He wasnt kind to his employees and that comes back to bite you. Karma is a .....

Offline ♥♥♥Trena♥♥♥

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 22, 2012, 01:52:07 PM »
He made the best Gyros, that's all I ever ate when I went there. We normally ate there about 2 times a month. I don't know where I'm going to get another Gyro as good as his!