Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Cracker Barrel  (Read 27749 times)

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
Cracker Barrel
« on: March 09, 2007, 12:27:01 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

My husband cannot stand this place.
Every time I convince him to try it again, they mess up his order, or we get poor service.
Maybe my husband is bad luck.
My sister and I eat there regularly, and always have great service, and good food.
I will continue to eat there.
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

watson

Re: Cracker Barrel
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 04:14:20 AM »
Now I have never had a bad time in here...My mom and brother love their food and my mom likes to wonder through their gift shop and wish alot but I hate their chairs...Their chairs always put my legs to sleep.......

Offline Eeyore

• "Never leave your partner behind"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 04:20:47 AM »
      We have always enjoyed Cracker Barrel as well.  Always seem to be able to get a group though in good time.  And almost always pleasant.  We enjoy them on the road as well, because it is "all the same and kind of homey".  When you are 1000 miles away from home, you don't want to chance new fancy foods.
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline MRS. YUKONJACK57

• Mrs.Yukon Jack
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 07:16:29 AM »
it has some real good days and some real bad. I guess it might be the cook that is on for that day.

Offline Trix

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 09:00:49 AM »
Don't leave anything on the table I had a cell phone stolen there by the waitress she admited she picked it up but couldn't remember exactly where she put it probably in her pocket!!!

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 01:06:28 PM »
I love Cracker Barrell.  I always have a good meal there...so much to choose from.  I love the gift shop too.  Have never had bad service or any hair raising stories to tell.  Maybe I'm lucky.  My ex-son-in-law always complained about the place, so I told him to stop going.  But then again, he complained about every place.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline melissacaroline

• I'm a welsh girl livin' in Missouri!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 01:46:18 PM »
We love this place, always get great service - food is fantastic...... however my husband doesn't take me there often as I go crazy in the store!!!
Melissa

Offline mandie_81z

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 01:46:43 PM »
There have been a few times we've been given bad service or that the food was bad. I just jumped on the website, told them what happened, and they sent us a gold card. A gold card is good for ANY meal on the menu and a dessert and drink, for free.

Offline crockergal

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 03:54:26 AM »
I love shopping in the store at Christmas time, you can find just about everyone on your list something.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 01:02:20 PM »
My husband went nuts at the John Deere display and we ended up with him a new ball cap, a new clock, a sweat shirt and a bag of candy.  For the first time ever, it was ME that was saying..."come on! I want to go home!"  Can't take him there but once a month now.  He's no longer a cheap date.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline Armywifenmom

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 05:07:33 PM »
I Think its like every other restaurant its going to be a hit or miss. One time great the other time yikes. My biggest complaint is that they can be soooo slow. I can understand when they are swamped but we went in and there were maybe 15 people in there and it took over an hour!! But for the most part the food is good.

Offline MRS. YUKONJACK57

• Mrs.Yukon Jack
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2008, 05:24:28 PM »
I agree with you.

Offline sapperwife1976

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2008, 12:52:47 PM »
We love the food there, don't think I've ever had a problem with the food, just the wait time as well.  Hard to sit and wait 30 min with a toddler.  Also have a hard time not spending tons of money in there store!  ;D
If it has tires or testicles, it's gonna give you trouble. *anonymous*

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2008, 10:02:06 PM »
I used to play I spy with my daughter when we went there, she was 5 or 6.  They have so many things hanging on their walls, a game could last till our food came.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2008, 10:03:00 PM »
I like shopping at the store after Christmas, get ornaments for 50-75% off.

Offline Sissy Bee

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2008, 03:11:03 PM »
I have only had one bad experiene there about a time issue when it was slow, I can understand when it's busy, but it wasn't that day, talked to the manager and he made right by it and gave us a discount.  We eat there regulary and most of the wait staff is good, some not so good, so we try to learn the names of the good ones and when we go in we request their tables.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2008, 03:14:52 PM »
I like shopping at the store after Christmas, get ornaments for 50-75% off.
I went berzerk there a couple years ago.  They had all the Christmas stuff at 75-90 percent off and they had to have a couple guys help carry all the bags to my car (ha). 

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2008, 03:37:07 PM »
We went last night, my grandson's birthdays (twins).  The food was ok, service was good, little dissappointed that they don't come sing happy birthday anymore.

Offline angelamo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2008, 11:11:58 PM »
My mom used to really like going there. But the last few times she's went, she's repeatedly had either bad service or bad food (cold, not what she ordered, tasted "funny", etc). But the LAST time we went, the fish wasn't cooked very well, she sent it back to be cooked a bit longer. Some time later (when the rest of us had finished eating), her food still hadn't been brought to her. When it did come back, she didn't like the taste of the fish at all. And our female server actually told us that she didn't want to go get the rest of us the little bowl of mixed jellies until she could bring back mom's food, because she didn't want to waste a trip into the kitchen. The manager dealt with the situation very effectively.

Otherwise, I usually don't have a problem with the food or the service. :) I eat at Cracker Barrel on trips because it is definately nice to have "home cooked" type food. And the same homey feel, as someone mentioned.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2008, 08:43:42 PM »
I can't remember how long Cracker Barrell has been up there...9-10 years?  Service is great there 99% of the time and IMO the food is always very good.  So how do they manage to get and keep all the good servers in the area and most other places go downhill so fast?  (Remember Lil Rizos?  Ashley Mae's?  Gary's Catfish joint, The Imperial?).  Those little stars on the CB aprons mean 6 months with the Cracker Barrell.  There are several servers with 8 stars.  They must do something nice for their employees.

Offline Eden

• Not in Drama Club or on the Debate Team!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2008, 09:35:27 PM »
I was hired there several years ago to work weekends - let me tell you they expect ALOT out of their workers. I hate to say I could not handle working full time during the week and working there on the weekends. I quit before my training was even over!  :-[
"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned"

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2008, 10:30:12 PM »
I'd like to work in their gift shop but it wouldn't pay me to work there.  I would spend all my earnings on candles and "stuff"

Offline crockergal

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2008, 01:50:19 AM »
One of the things I like about Cracker Barrell is its very kid friendly.  You can take your infant & pumpkin seat in, and they have a really neat & safe chair, that sits level with the table.  I hated taking my daughter to resturants and having to leave her sitting in her pumpkin seat on the floor!

Offline ctmom20

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2009, 08:09:00 PM »
Those little stars on the CB aprons mean 6 months with the Cracker Barrell.  There are several servers with 8 stars.  They must do something nice for their employees.
Nobody has over 4 stars, it's impossible. I used to work there. It stands for the "par level" of each server. They don't do MUCH nice for their employees..

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2009, 09:53:51 PM »
Sorry, but I counted them and I think I can count to 8.  Plus the waitress told me that each star is for 6 months, so was she a liar?  What should Cracker Barrell do for their employees?

Nobody has over 4 stars, it's impossible. I used to work there. It stands for the "par level" of each server. They don't do MUCH nice for their employees..

Offline Eden

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2009, 10:00:02 PM »
When I was hired there they were for levels. You had to pass tests to get to new levels - I can't remember how many you could get.
"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned"

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2009, 10:03:48 PM »
Sorry that just sort of ticked me off on how many stars were on the aprons.  Maybe she took a test every six months...who knows, I don't work there, but I knew a lady who worked in the gift shop and loved it.  Plus all the wait staff has been wonderful and the food always good.  JMO.

Offline Eden

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2009, 10:05:35 PM »
I love to eat there, but hubby is not crazy about it. I love the fireplace in the winter! But I hated working there.

Offline Eden

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2009, 10:09:48 PM »
From there website:

Cracker Barrel is very proud of its PAR (Personal Achievement Responsibility) program. Maybe you have noticed the gold stars on the aprons of our hourly employees. Each star represents a PAR level that the employee has achieved. The PAR program prepares hourly employees to be leaders within the organization.

There are four PAR levels for each skill position. Each level teaches elements that are critical to an employee’s development and understanding of the Cracker Barrel culture. In addition to introducing skill sets necessary for a particular position, PAR training focuses on teamwork, relationship building and partnership. Hourly employees even learn how to read a store’s profit/loss statement so they understand the company’s business strategy and the effect they can have on that strategy.

Offline carpenter

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2009, 12:05:46 AM »
It is impossible to get more than 4 stars. 

When you first start there you are given an apron with the "rising star" embroidered on it.  You then are eligible to take the 1st par level course after you have been there awhile.  They will let you know when you are eligible to take these par tests as they keep track of all their employees.  Depending on your test results you can achieve the next higher level or if you fail that test you will have to wait to retake that particular test again.  You do not automatically "get" a star for every 6 months that you work there.   

The initial tests for the first few par levels are not that difficult.  Mostly common sense and you are expected to "know" the Cracker Barrel business inside out.  The higher par level tests, of course, are much more difficult.  Folks with the brown aprons are regular employees, those with the red aprons are looked at as trainers (more supervisory positions). 

It is an ok place to eat when you have a good server and the kitchen is on it's toes.  Get a bad server and you know how THAT goes as well, but that is the case in any restaurant.  When we go in we always request particular servers and we don't have any issues with our dining experience.

I can say that they are incredibly strict/rigid regarding their employees.  It is the Cracker Barrel way or the highway.  Period. 

btw I have worked for CB in the past so I'm not just blowing smoke...... 

yeah whatever~*