Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Second man is charged for pickup vs. lawn mower altercation near Dixon MO  (Read 5192 times)

Offline mar

• View Profile

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

WAYNESVILLE, Mo. – A prosecutor charged a man from Dixon for using his pickup to ram a man riding a lawn mower last April 29.  Arnold Bassett faces a second-degree assault charge.  The man on the lawn mower, Dale Saunchegrow of Dixon, was charged the next day with first-degree assault for firing several bullets into Bassett’s pickup.    Pulaski County sheriff’s deputies found damage to the lawn mower and a number of bullet holes in the truck.  The fight, which was part of an ongoing dispute between Saunchegrow and Bassett, was on Cooper Drive, a private road in the Dog Patch area off Highway D near Dixon. 
   The charge against Bassett was delayed because the Pulaski County prosecuting attorney and a Pulaski County judge recused themselves from the case.  Texas County Prosecuting Attorney Mike Anderson was appointed a special prosecutor, and the case is now before Texas County Associate Circuit Judge Douglas Gaston.  Bassett, 67, could face up to seven years in prison if he’s convicted.  He posted a $10,000 bond.
  The assault charge against Saunchegrow is pending.  He told a reporter last spring that he shot at Bassett because he feared for his life when Bassett was ramming him on the lawn mower.                                                   

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
Based on LIMITED information, I strongly believe the culture is still in force that people are not allowed to defend themselves when in emminent danger.  I can tell you that if someone attempted to run me over, I would definitely be firing to protect myself.  First Degree assault for self defense?

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• Land Of The Free, Because Of The Brave
  • Riding Vertical Shiny Side Up
    • View Profile
Agree Matrsnot, but I think he crossed the line when he emptied one gun and went and got another one. At some point he was no longer in any danger and was still looking to shot somebody
Freedom Of Road Riders,
Protecting and informing riders in Missouri
www.midamericafreedomrally.com

Please watch out for Motorcycles on the road
The life you save might be mine

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
guns and anger are not a good combonation~

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
Information I was not aware of.  Thanks Taz.  Changes things considerably.  Going back for another gun or more ammo makes him the aggressor.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
guns and anger are not a good combonation~
Guns and self defense are.

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
not a problem there~ i'm not allowed a gun myself though~ frozen paintballs work wonders though~

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
Kristi, this guy went beyond self defense by going for another gun or whatever.  He was out of danger and had no more recourse by going for more ammo or a gun.  Once he was removed from imminent bodily harm, there was no further reason for "self defense."

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• View Profile
I actually think they were both acting like two little kids, and are both at fault, all over an easement access.
Freedom Of Road Riders,

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
That too Taz.

Offline carpenter

• View Profile
If I remember what Dale told me ..he went and got more ammo when Arnold told him he was getting HIS gun.  Given that he had almost been runover with a truck by this man, and only stopped that action because he disabled the truck, I would go get more ammo as well.  He did not fire any shots towards Arnold.  He fired directly into the transmission area of the truck to disable it.  That is pretty obvious.
yeah whatever~*

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• View Profile
Well, then if that was the case, then what he should have done, once he was out of harm's way, was stop shooting and instead of going in the house to get another gun and more ammo was to call the authorities. Once he had gotten another gun and came back ready to shot more, he was in the wrong.

As far as Arnold, he was dead wrong to use his vehicle as a battery ram. For that he needed to be punished.

I still don't know what the other guy was doing with a gun while mowing. I do believe that is a semi residential area, so why would you be out supposedly mowing armed. And don't give me any crap about snakes and such. First of all I have never seen a snake that you need a high caliber hand gun. I would be worried about a guy in my neighborhood who is paranoid enough that he feels he needs to be armed to mow his yard. And being armed and pulling his vehicle in front of someone to 'block" them in, I think he was out looking for a confertation and got it.

But back to my last statement, the both acted like two juveniles. I hope names and titles are not considered here, they both need to be reminded we have laws and nobody should be exempt.

Freedom Of Road Riders,

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
Was there a 3rd party witness to all this? Or was it just a he said, he shot, he said kind of event?  I say lock them both up in the same cell until it can be fully investigated.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
It's hard to say with the information we have.  However, if someone just tried to run me down with a truck and I had to empty my weapon to stop the threat I'd sure as hell be reloading... From my understanding, he didn't fire the 2nd weapon, or after he reloaded, so he didn't escalate the situation, he was just ensuring his continued safety if the truck driver decided to re-escalate... my opinion of course, but then again I'm not so sure I would have fired at the truck either...
The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. Cicero - 55 BC, Rome

Offline DollarBill

• View Profile
That's why I carry two extra magazines...  15 rounds each plus the 16 in the pistol.  Makes 46.  If I can't stop a threat with that much...  Need to KMA goodbye.

Major Boo Boo going into the house and returning.  If he'd stayed in the house even armed no problem with that, but coming back out is definitely something Law Enforcement and the Court System is going to want to talk to him about.

Major shame that stuff like this even has to happen.   I agree with others some juvenile thinking and actions going on here..
But that's just one man's opinion..
Later PCW  you all have a good one.
$Bill
I was alright . . .   I got over it.   
It takes 43 muscles to frown; 17 to Smile.
But Only 3 for a proper trigger squeeze....

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
I'm gonna put on my "Judge Judy" robe here.  Once Saunchegrow went back in the house, he was no longer in danger and became the aggressor when he came back out out of the house  with a loaded gun  :shame: whether he fired it or not.  Once in the house, and out of immediate danger, he should have called the law and let them take over the situation :police: . I know that's what she would say. ;D
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline carpenter

• View Profile
Go into the house?  His house was a LONG way down the road... not even close to it where the assault occured ....  He has an open metal building that he has his business in that has WIDE open huge bay style doors.  There was no way for him to get into a secure shelter.  Nothing even remotely close.  Dale's neighbor , across the road was out doing yard work when this all happened ..I am pretty sure that he witnessed it from what was said. 

All this said and done.  If you have never been in front of a certain person's truck when they are trying to use it as a battering ram then you literally have NO idea of the fear and the threat.

I have.

I didn't do anything wrong, never had a cross word with this person until THAT day that it occured.  If I would of had a way to stop it (that day) I would of as well. 
yeah whatever~*

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Phelps County Associate Circuit Judge Ronald White has just found probable cause that Dale Saunchegrow, 61, of Dixon, has committed three felonies in connection with a 2010 altercation with Dixon businessman Arnold Bassett.

Offline DUANE4043

• View Profile
And what about the other man using his truck to hit a man on a lawnmower? Any charges there?