Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • nursejdavis: also the time is wayyy of its only 930 pm???
    March 14, 2019, 02:29:18 AM
  • nursejdavis: I am looking for a few Press Releases from Kevin Hillman that have disappeared.... not sure why they would be hidden from the public unless they contain narcs who have gotten their charges dropped for their cooperation. Seems the same Press Releases were also deleted from Facebook. Thanks for any help in locating these
    March 14, 2019, 02:24:50 AM
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM

Author Topic: Democratic Governor asks Fox News to run Disclaimer  (Read 3494 times)

Offline freethinker

• My boston - emerSIN
    • View Profile
Democratic Governor asks Fox News to run Disclaimer
« on: August 19, 2010, 02:43:19 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

This is an open letter from the DGA to the Chairman of fox news asking that they run a formal disclaimer confessing their biased views between democratic and republican candidates during the upcoming elections, which they made publicly obvious after a recent and huge donation to the Republican Governors Association.  Hilarious.  "Fair and Balanced" huh? Personally, I don't think they should be allowed to call themselves "news", but I digress...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. Ailes,

For the first time in history, your organization is openly and proudly supporting the defeat of Democratic governors with an unprecedented political contribution of $1 million to the Republican Governors Association. In fact, your company provided the single largest corporate contribution to our opposition.
In the interest of some fairness and balance, I request that you add a formal disclaimer to your news coverage any time any of your programs cover governors or gubernatorial races between now and Election Day. I suggest that the disclaimer say: “News Corp., parent company of Fox News, provided $1 million to defeat Democratic governors in November.” If you do not add a disclaimer, I request that you and your staff members on the “fair and balanced” side of the network demand that the contribution be returned.
As you are well aware, the stakes could not be higher in the 37 gubernatorial races this election cycle. Your corporation and your allies know well that these races have grave and substantial implications for Congressional redistricting. In fact, your allies in the GOP hope to change our election map for decades by electing governors who will redraw 30 seats into Republican territory.

I look forward to hearing from you – or any of your programs – at your earliest convenience.
Sincerely,
Nathan Daschle

P.S. Many news outlets have covered this controversy, but your own news programs have been strangely silent. I am available to appear on any of your programs to discuss the case for Democratic governors – particularly why our governors best for business growth. Despite my efforts to immediately reach out to your news programs, more than a dozen requests were ignored.

Offline Chas

• View Profile
Re: Democratic Governor asks Fox News to run Disclaimer
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 03:03:59 PM »
We all knew that Faux news was baise.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 03:12:49 PM »
And CNN is not?  Or Huff Post?

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 05:58:54 PM »
I don’t believe CNN is as biased as FOX news. I use to watch Fox news but they are most blatantly biased new work there is. Fair and balanced not even close.   The best news program out there is the Daily show on Comedy Central.  They blast both sides.  My favorite part of the show is where they show clips of someone saying something then have a clip of them saying the exact opposite of what they just said.  If everyone watched this show there would be less democratic and Republicans and more Independents.

Offline cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 07:26:05 PM »
Funny that they did not mention the Fox contributions to Democratic senators.

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 08:48:40 PM »
Funny that they did not mention the Fox contributions to Democratic senators.

Is there a link for this information?
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Offline cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 09:02:52 PM »
sameone the letter came from

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 10:13:27 PM »
sameone the letter came from

That doesn't help me to validate the truthfulness of your claim.
There is a question of whether a news media is "fair and balanced"
If not then I'd like to know, who or what is financing the stories I'm hearing.
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 12:21:20 AM »
the dems are just whining that they can't raise as much! LOL LOL

other news companies donate to both parties.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/08/17/fox-news-takes-heat-for-news-corporations-gop-donation/

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2010, 03:50:50 PM »
This is a bad situation. You just found out why I have declined to make political contributions to local candidates I have to cover as a reporter -- and I've been asked repeatedly in the last year.

Barring extreme situations (the recent prosecutor's race being a good example) it is a bad idea for reporters or news organizations to be making financial contributions to candidates they may have to cover, and I didn't make a contribution even in that case since there were three opposition candidates, all of whom would be better than Deborah Hooper.

People read what reporters write to find out what's going on -- or at least what we think is going on, through our necessarily imperfect lenses. If I decide to support a candidate or comment on a candidate, I'll do it in print, not with my checkbook.

Contributions to parties and political organizations are a different matter. I've made those contributions in the past, but generally on issue-oriented items where my views are well-known anyway (the NRA, Right to Life, etc.) and where support for an issue doesn't automatically mean support for a candidate.
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline FordGuyu

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2010, 07:05:23 PM »
I used to watch Fox news as it appealed to my (generally) socially conservative views, but in the last couple years the bias is so overwhelming I became convinced I was not being "informed" anymore, but rather "persuaded". I tend to gather my news from a variety of sources and mediums, but sadly, fox news is no longer one of them.

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2010, 09:00:26 PM »
As long as news is written and reported by a human being with free will and their own mind... news will always be biased to some degree... there isn't any way around it.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2010, 09:35:47 PM »
I used to watch Fox news as it appealed to my (generally) socially conservative views, but in the last couple years the bias is so overwhelming I became convinced I was not being "informed" anymore, but rather "persuaded". I tend to gather my news from a variety of sources and mediums, but sadly, fox news is no longer one of them.

So what news do you watch?  CNN is equally biased against conservatives.  Just wondering, have you found a news network that is not biased?  I haven't.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2010, 09:36:38 PM »
that is why multiple sources are needed to get the whole story.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2010, 01:57:53 AM »
hmmmm,

Obama, Democrats got 88 percent of 2008 contributions by TV network execs, writers, reporters
Washington Examiner ^ | 8/27/10 | Mark Tapscott

Senior executives, on-air personalities, producers, reporters, editors, writers and other self-identifying employees of ABC, CBS and NBC contributed more than $1 million to Democratic candidates and campaign committees in 2008, according to an analysis by The Examiner of data compiled by the Center for Responsive Politics.

The Democratic total of $1,020,816 was given by 1,160 employees of the three major broadcast television networks, with an average contribution of $880.

By contrast, only 193 of the employees contributed to Republican candidates and campaign committees, for a total of $142,863. The average Republican contribution was $744.

Disclosure of the heavily Democratic contributions by influential employees of the three major broadcast networks follows on the heels of controversy last week when it was learned that media baron Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp. contributed $1 million to the Republican Governors Association.

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtonexaminer.com ...

Offline 42

• The Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything
  • Extreme Centrist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2010, 09:05:41 AM »
And CNN is not?  Or Huff Post?
Sowhat news do you watch?  CNN is equally biased against conservatives. Just wondering, have you found a news network that is not biased?  Ihaven't.

CNN, hardly. I just don't share that perspective that everything they put on has a clear and obvious liberal bias. Huff Po is garbage and is just as bad when it comes to bias and terrible fact checking as Fox News.

So because one side may do it then it makes it OK for the other side to do it?

But neither make a single bold claim like Fox does of being fair and balanced. That is a critical difference. Even the Huff Po would not go far enough to state that they are fair and balanced.