Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Vote Vets  (Read 2898 times)

Offline ghost_of_notsniw

• View Profile
Vote Vets
« on: May 22, 2007, 07:35:17 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
Re: Vote Vets
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 07:56:32 PM »
Interesting.  I don't agree with them, but interesting.  Perhaps there would not be this strain if the military had not been raped in years previous to W.

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 08:23:57 PM »
Interesting.  I don't agree with them, but interesting.  Perhaps there would not be this strain if the military had not been raped in years previous to W.

Concur.  I don't care what ANYONE says; once you put stars on your collars you're no longer a "Warfighter", you're a politician...  So, you've got a few retired General Officers who say GWB didn't listen to them... I wonder how many out there will say the opposite?
The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. Cicero - 55 BC, Rome

Offline ghost_of_notsniw

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 08:49:10 PM »
Concur.  I don't care what ANYONE says; once you put stars on your collars you're no longer a "Warfighter", you're a politician...  So, you've got a few retired General Officers who say GWB didn't listen to them... I wonder how many out there will say the opposite?

So politicians running the war is a bad idea?

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 10:23:42 PM »
So politicians running the war is a bad idea?

ABSOLUTELY!  Look at Vietnam, Nicaragua, Beirut... just to name a few.  The Joint Chiefs need to listen to their subordinates on the ground and make policy recommendations based on facts provided.  Ultimately it's the Presidents decision as the Commander in Chief, but when you have politicians (Flag officers) giving advice to politicians (other Flag officers) who give advice to politicians (actual politicians) who consult with Congressmen & Senators before providing recommendations to the CIC you LOSE the perspective of what is REALLY needed on the ground...

The politicians (congress & senate) will have you believe that we're in Iraq for all the wrong reasons, we've been there too long, we're wasting too much money, we're losing too many Servicemembers and the American People are sacrificing because of it...  Take a look at history and tell me WHAT we are sacrificing? 
1) We're not rationing food, electricity or other necessities as our forefathers did...
2) We're losing a FRACTION of the Servicemembers that we did in ANY conflict in the past... 
3) Our factories & places of business are not being converted into "war factories" to support our Servicemembers needs... 

How long is too long?  When was the Korean Conflict?  When was WWI?  When was WWII?  Take a look at the Nations of the world that we STILL occupy...  And yes, we DO occupy Germany, Japan, South Korea and MANY others... 

We as an American people continue with our daily lives, occasionally listen to a news-blip or read an article about how horrible this war is.  BUT, the reality is that we have an ALL VOLUNTEER Armed Forces; these Men & Women VOLUNTEER for their Service KNOWING what risks are involved and THEY do not complain (for the most part)... but we do, sitting in our cushy chairs, watching our TV, sipping on our beer in our A/C with our feet up... we complain about the war in the same way we complain that it took too long to get our pizza delivered, or that the storm knocked out our satellite or cable, or that gas prices are too high for us to take a good vacation this year... 

Our Servicemembers put their lives on the line for US and all we can do is sit back and complain because we don't live in a "perfect world"...
The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. Cicero - 55 BC, Rome

Offline ghost_of_notsniw

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 10:54:36 PM »
So why did Bush have nothing bur career politicians, most of whom were draft dodgers, plan and execute the Iraq War? 

Why did Bush install career politicians, most of whom were draft dodgers, to run Iraq post-Saddam?

Why were the career military men who spoke out against the war forced to retire?

Why did Bush install a political office in CIA, where the career intelligence officers had (what we now know to be 100% correct) their work destroyed, ridiculed or outright changed by career politicians, most of whom were draft dodgers?

Why is Iraq being run by political donors who helped Bush's campaign for Predient?

Congress didn't plan this war.

Neither did the "political" active duty officers.

The entire war was planned, justified and executed by career politicans, most of whom were draft dodgers with the blessing and co-ordination of Bush and Cheney.

Remember those career "political" soldiers who spoke out against the war were summarily fired or transferred and had their careers destroyed by career politicians, most of whom were draft dodgers.

You can't blame "politicians" in general for the war.  There are VERY specific career politicians, most of whom were draft dodgers, who are responsible.

And not surprisingly, many of them are spending a lot of their free time making license plates and knitting wool caps in our Federal Penitentiaries for political corruption, bribery and other assorted felonies.

Sure, its easy to wrap generic arguments in the American flag and point your fingers at those who oppose the war and say they are un-American and don't support our troops.

Its a much harder intellectual exercise to actually sit down and look at the specifi names of the career politicians, hand picked by Bush, who donated millions to his campaign, most of whom were draft dodgers, many of whom are now federal inmates, and blame them for the nightmare in Iraq.

Give it a try.  Exercise your intellectual honesty and examine the architects of the war, where they are now, how many of them are either in federal prison or working directly in the defense industry, raking in millions as consultants for those who profit from the Iraq War.

Then you'll see who the real patriots are.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 12:43:49 AM »
Uh, you mean like the previous draft dodging, dope smoking (I didn't inhale) womanizer?  One reason many of his people didn't go to prison is that they are DEAD.  Wonder how all those "accidents" happened?  War is what happens when politicians lose what little minds they have already or they just aren't getting a big enough share of the pie.  No Congress didn't plan this war, thank God.  They just gave the OK to do it.  Yes many of your favorite liberals fvoted for it too.  The truth is that the politicians don't give a damn about the troops.  They deliver lots of lip service, but that is all they deliver.  Hell, congress is now trying to get out of this by not paying our troops or supplying them.  Today...they blinked:)  To add on one thing not addressed.  The guy I mentioned in the first sentence is the same guy that hates and raped our military.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 01:24:04 AM »
 all were draft dodgers winston??

If you speak out against your boss, how long will you stay employed?? Maybe if you spent some time in the military you enjoy critisizing you might understand how it works. War is serious(duh) and there is no room for politicing from military leaders against the war. W is the commander in chief, responsible for this country's safety and security. Say what you want,spin what you want, rant against what you don't have a clue about, but he has kept this country safer than his predecessor!

tux

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 05:46:09 AM »
SAD

retired1_us

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2007, 04:54:59 PM »
I'll just post one of the planners and executors of the war:  Gen Tommy Franks

He was the U.S. general leading the attack on the Taliban in Afghanistan in response to the terrorist attack on the World Trade Center and The Pentagon and operational commander when Bin Laden apparently escaped from Tora Bora. Franks led the 2003 invasion of Iraq and the overthrow of Saddam Hussein. He then became commander-in-chief of the American occupation forces.

I doubt you will find him anywhere near a federal prison knitting wool caps and punching license plates.

The across the board generalization that all of the planners and executors are / were criminals is hardly a sign of intellectual anything - especially honesty.

Offline ghost_of_notsniw

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2007, 09:38:49 PM »
Tommy Franks planned the invasion of Iraq?

He was the one?

Wow, and here I thought he was a soldier doing what he was told.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2007, 12:17:01 AM »
 still clueless!!

retired1_us

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2007, 12:49:01 AM »

He was the one?

Do you even think before you blather?

Sorry, thought - blather - oxymorons like the common sense and intellectual thought you try to provoke.  Stroke me stroke me.

You are surrounded by Patriots - if you even reside locally.  Just like Biker said - they are volunteers of America.  And you set on your personal pitty pot denegrateing them and everything they stand for like a common rodent with the plague.  Because someone hurt your feelings.

For anyone else that reads this and cares check out another perspective, read it while information is free again.  It won't last much longer:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/readerarticles/?period=all

retired1_us

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2007, 12:54:44 AM »
Just like the library of Alexandria is so much history, so will the internet be before long.  We've already lost the integrity of the real media we grew up with.  They are all now "pundits".

Good Night, and Good Luck.

retired1_us

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2007, 01:00:26 AM »

He was the one?

Yes Winston, He was an executor, and at that level of responsibility you have to have a certain amount of clout and credibility.  Enter the planning zone.

Why do you REALLY think Colin Powell dropped out?  He knows some shizz and he knows he would be an easy target for a whole lotta hurt commin'down.  Smart man - Bad leader.

It's commin' home - to the states as we called it in my day, and I hate to say it......9/11 was a powder puff on the cheek.

There, I have now admittedly labled myself as a terrorist.  Come and get my guns.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2007, 12:04:40 PM »
If they do, call me Retired.  Glad to watch your back.

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2007, 08:11:06 PM »
If they do, call me Retired.  Glad to watch your back.

Count me in to!!
If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!