Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Ransdell thinks, no he dosen't  (Read 22295 times)

Offline Pete

• View Profile
Ransdell thinks, no he dosen't
« on: May 23, 2007, 04:29:33 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

I cant believe this came out of his mouth. From the Daily Guide.

Ransdall said there's no excuse for the increase in the cost of oil.

“I don't think anybody expected the rise in oil prices; we're not seeing war or anything, there’s no reason for it,” Ransdall said. “Before when it went up was when we invaded a country that is rich with oil and oil wells get burned, it raised the price, but we’re not seeing that now.”
If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
Re: Ransdell thinks, no he dosen't
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 06:38:51 PM »
Hmmmmm.....  isn't he the guy who said oil was not going up this year??

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 07:57:13 PM »
It was Just Me that said something about it in the Guide online.  No war?  Ummmmm.  Ok, if you say so.

Offline lioness

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 09:21:26 PM »
No wells getting burned is what he is refering to I would assume not that there is no war.
It was Just Me that said something about it in the Guide online.  No war?  Ummmmm.  Ok, if you say so.
Michelle Joslin

Offline Eeyore

• "Never leave your partner behind"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 05:18:17 AM »
He did say, about a week or 2 before prices went up - right about budget time that his buddy Ike Skelton told him that things were just about wrapped up over there and the prices were going to keep falling unless someone blew up an oil well --that too was in the DG
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 01:12:02 PM »
I guess a poorly written sentence would lead me to believe he DID state there is no war going on, not that there were not oil lines or wells being destroyed.  Read his statement again and you will see just what Bill said, despite what he might have MEANT.  Double speak is the term.  I know you think yoyu understand what I said, but what you heard is not what I meant?

watson

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 06:46:59 PM »
Well at least we can say he noticed the prices going up.....

Offline OLDigahmah

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2007, 01:46:44 AM »
OMG, and I voted for him and he doesn't even know there is a war going on, where is his head.

Offline hancock

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2007, 02:11:42 AM »
I've tried to talk to him before, he always sounds like he's dumb as a box of rocks.
An Army mom doesn't cry.........in front of her soldier

Offline Law101

• Global Moderator
  • Big Piney Community Activist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2007, 01:52:14 PM »
Hmm, with the price of gas what it is, I bet we would save enough money in fuel expenses to pay for another Deputy so they don't have to drive from one end of the County to the other to respond to calls for service.  That is alot of gas if you stop and think about it.  Plus a lot of unhappy people who have to wait so long for someone to get to them.

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2007, 02:14:57 PM »
Hmm, with the price of gas what it is, I bet we would save enough money in fuel expenses to pay for another Deputy so they don't have to drive from one end of the County to the other to respond to calls for service.  That is alot of gas if you stop and think about it.  Plus a lot of unhappy people who have to wait so long for someone to get to them.

Maybe more than 1!  Multiple disturbances last night with 2 deputies on. Luckily a reserve came on late and I called on an off duty detective to assist.  Very soon after a disturbance on Hwy 28 almost to Dixon there was one out on Hwy W.  For those who don't know Hwy W is on the MM 150 exit! A long response.

It is going to be a very long summer.

Offline Law101

• Global Moderator
  • Big Piney Community Activist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2007, 02:26:09 PM »
Sure makes you wonder what it is going to take to wake up the Commissioners.  Maybe if the public would wake up and start letting the Commissioners know that they will support an LE Tax, the Commissioners might start thinking about the needs of the County and the safety of it's citizens.

WBT

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2007, 07:31:36 PM »
OMG, and I voted for him and he doesn't even know there is a war going on, where is his head.
Where is his head??
 Do you think it could have been here?

Racer

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2007, 08:56:54 PM »
I've tried to talk to him before, he always sounds like he's dumb as a box of rocks.

Perhaps it was your question..

Don't sell Bill short, he is a bright man.

COWBOY

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2007, 10:16:15 PM »
So what do you think caused the price of gas to increase

A) a four year old war

B) reduced refining capacity due to the addition of 30+ blends of summer gas

c) increased traffic from Easter to Labor day (its summer gas must be higher syndrome)

D) reduced MPG with the use of ethanol in non compatible cars (over 95% of cars on the road)

E) T Boone Pickens

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2007, 11:22:42 AM »
Don't forget the excise taxes.  We pay those to the govt so they can give the tax breaks to the oil companies too.

Offline crazy horse

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2007, 04:16:18 PM »
Just to add some fairness to the board. Bill at least, unlike most of America's politicians, actually has kept his campaign platform. He said "loud and clear" that he was opposed to and would NOT support placing a LE tax on. He never one time hid that. He has stuck to his word. He won decisively, this board supported him...adamantly and vociferously; and many of you voted for him.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2007, 07:10:59 PM »
Further fairness would also dictate that he support LE.  Something that is definitely lacking in his tenure.  HE may not support such a tax, but should that not be up to the voters and not just one man along with his business friends?  I noticed in the DG, he is berating the Sheriff's office again because one of his friends wants a public road cleared for his business.  Guess what?  It is a PUBLIC road and Bill has no say so about enforcing parking on an obscure road when there is very real crime happening and a shortage of officers to combat it.  So, I figure he needs to butt out of LE and his criticizing thereof.  Back on subject:  BILL is the one stating the budget for fuels was lowered because gas was taking a downturn.  Now he is gonna rob peter to pay paul.  How many budgets will actually be robbed before this fuel crisis is over (if it ever is)?

Offline crazy horse

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2007, 08:00:34 PM »
Furthermore, that man has complained for years because that is a popular fishing and swimming place. He cut the rope that people have swung off of for, probably 50 to 70 years (not same ole rope, but the place) and a rope many many a kid used. And, his darn ole bus goes in the other way anyhow. Many people put their boat in there. It is their legal right. I agree with you, Ransdall is wrong on that one (as long as they aren't blocking the road). Also, I thought the state and county should have allowed that place they just bidded off to be opened as a public river access. I thought Bill would try to do that, and maybe he did.
   Back on subject matrsnot, you are one of the boldness regarding holding politicians feet to the fire on "what they say," and that is a good thing. I admire that. All I am reminding us (on this board) is that this board strongly, supported Bill Ransdall. He said over-and-over in public that he wasn't wanting to put that on the ballot. This board and many on here continued to support him. He stood by his word. Is that not (even if one doesn't agree) a refreshing politician for a change? He actually said what he meant, and meant what he said.

Offline ghost_of_notsniw

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2007, 09:05:11 PM »
He should allow it to be voted on by the public.

He can then go out and vote against it if his desire is to cover his ass politically.

But to hold a county hostage, to hold an entire SD hostage, because he wants to make sure he isn't viewed as a politician who raised taxes or went against his political promise, is WRONG.

He REPRESENTS the people.

Nobody is asking him to personally pass the tax and collect the money door to door.

The supporters of the LE tax just want it on the ballot.

That shouldn't be too much to ask, even if he is strictly against the issue.

If it fails, he wins, end of story let's move on.

If it passes, he doesn't lose a thing because it was the will of the people.

If there are that many short-sighted people in this county who won't support him because of it, then it is the failing of the community and not his at all.

Either way, I think one man's political aspirations should take a back seat to the needs and will of the thousands who live in the county.

Offline hancock

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2007, 11:54:46 PM »
He is supposed to represent the people, but from what I've seen of his behavior, he just really doesn't care about other people.  By this I mean behavior that I observed when he did not realize that one of his constituents was present.  Stopped voting for him then - while he was state rep - haven't voted for him since, haven't seen anything to change my mind yet.
An Army mom doesn't cry.........in front of her soldier

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2007, 09:51:59 AM »
I will admit he has kept his platform.  That does not excuse the fact that many people in this county want and need LE and he has stated that "nobody" has told him they wanted this opportunity to vote on the tax.  Many have, including me.  We are all nobodies in this case I guess.  Waiting for the next election.   Out he goes.  When this issue first came out on the board, he was defended heavily.  He wanted to "explore" other avenues before the people were allowed to vote.  Well, he explored them and came up with zilch.  Ghost got it right except one thing.  Bill is SUPPOSED to represent the people.  As far as I can see, he represents his business buddies.  The rest of us can go to hell.

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2007, 01:49:36 PM »
There are some interesting comments on the Daily Guide Website regarding the commissioners.

Offline crazy horse

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2007, 05:50:26 PM »
Jim, I wonder if maybe it is that Bill knows the 1.6 or so million will not fix the sheriff's dept. problem? I don't know that, but I suspect so. The sheriff needs 3 to 4 million, to do the things that JB wants to do. JB himself is not excited about the sales tax (standing on it's own without some type of subsidy), because he cannot do what he wants to do. I suspect more people realize this than you think. My question is: How do you get the sheriff's budget up to 3-4 million, like he says is in Phelps County, when you have a fort in your county? Whoever can figure that one it....   Just like when I was a commissioner, we worked hard on how to build a decent law enforcement facility, get patrol cars. Get a hospital here. This has all been looked at before folks. I'm telling you a fact, the LE Tax cannot and will not do anything better than today, unless the State of Missouri develops ways to subsidize these poor rural sheriff's departments.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2007, 02:30:52 PM »
Ok, so let's look at this.  There should be the LE tax, PLUS what the county provides, PLUS some kind of subsidizing from the state.  We know that two of those three are not going to happen anytime soon.  I cannot justify in my mind, the County having to get hand me down vehicles from the city or ones that were totaled and refurbished at a lower cost.  Realizing JB has a budget and a controlling commision to contend with, he is doing ok.  So answer me this.  If the commissioners and the sheriff are both elected officials, just what gives the commissioners "power" over the sheriff?  Ransdall has more than once, interfered in LE business on behalf of his business friends.  This is all about power and the improper exercising thereof.  It is and will continue to be my belief that Bill is anti LE, unless it suits his purposes.  Much like when JT was in office with the previous 2 presiding commissioners.  I can hardly wait for Friday DG to come out to see who is next in line for bashing the Sheriff this week.

Offline 02Tundra

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2007, 05:47:25 PM »
Sure makes you wonder what it is going to take to wake up the Commissioners.  Maybe if the public would wake up and start letting the Commissioners know that they will support an LE Tax, the Commissioners might start thinking about the needs of the County and the safety of it's citizens.

If the citizen's want it that's exactly what they will have to do.  Only one of the three currently supports the LE tax getting voted on by the people.

Offline 02Tundra

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2007, 05:49:18 PM »
Just to add some fairness to the board. Bill at least, unlike most of America's politicians, actually has kept his campaign platform. He said "loud and clear" that he was opposed to and would NOT support placing a LE tax on. He never one time hid that. He has stuck to his word. He won decisively, this board supported him...adamantly and vociferously; and many of you voted for him.

I agree completely crazy horse, the people that voted for him got exactly what he said he would do.

Offline crazy horse

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2007, 06:13:39 PM »
Jim, the commission have no authority over sheriff operations. See RSMO Chapter 57 mandates what sheriff does.  Then see RSMO Chapters 49 and 50. These mandate the commission and finances and budget. The commission is charged with the responsibility of maintaining a solvent budget and finances. They are mandated to provide certain items in the budget. They cannot, by Mo. law, become fiscally insolvent to give any department more money than is available in the budget. They can't do it, and trust me my old friend, the money isn't there. They are getting an unfair rap. Sorry, I know that isn't popular on here, but it is true.    The only "fair" item is the decision NOT to place the LE Tax on the ballot. That is the commissioners decision. But, saying they are anti-law enforcement, or that they just don't give him money is incorrect. I bet I lose points for this post. But, the truth needs told, regardless of popularity. I mean this in all due respect, because a lot of people are misinformed, but there is a lot of incorrect information put out there on this subject. Now people will say I am not for the LE Tax. That isn't true. If I was a commissioner I would vote to place it on the ballot and let the people decide. However, even so, it will not be enough, according to JB's own assessment. He says it should be 3 to 4 million. That is his assessment and expertise. Therefore, I have to assume the sheriff department needs 3 to 4 million in budget. The LE Tax will not generate much more than he currently has to work with. Hence, it would be a dismal failure in many respects.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2007, 07:00:41 PM »
Ok, I am persuaded for now about the money.  Since there is no power over the Sheriff's office, why is it the business buddies are able to make such a media circus when they don't get priority from the Sheriff?  Why are they tying up 911 with spurious calls?  If this is happening, why are these callers not identified and prosecuted for abuse of the emergency system?  Guess I will say it one time.  I don't care for the constant adversity between the presiding and the sheriff.  It has gone on for years now.  It seems each presiding has some perception of power over LE.  That is what really pisses me off on this whole subject. 

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2007, 08:13:44 PM »

Crazy Horse said:
He says it should be 3 to 4 million. That is his assessment and expertise. Therefore, I have to assume the sheriff department needs 3 to 4 million in budget. The LE Tax will not generate much more than he currently has to work with. Hence, it would be a dismal failure in many respects.
Gary,
OK so I am stupid, I guess that with the LE tax the county will not give the sheriff the same money they do now. Does that mean the commissioners would have say, an extra million or so to play with? Then you say the LE tax will not generate MUCH MORE then he currently gets. Hell the Sheriff can use any extra he can get his hands on. I just wonder what the Sheriff's budget would look like if the commissioner provide the same money they do today and a passed LE tax.
If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!