Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: God did NOT create the universe  (Read 54457 times)

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
Re: God did NOT create the universe
« Reply #90 on: August 25, 2011, 10:43:40 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

The other day I was fixing the mini bike and having a hard time of it, took a smoke break went back and it was clear as bell what I had to do.  No prayer just needed to step back for a second. But if it makes a person feel better in believing then that is not a bad thing. Whatever works for the person. It is the I believe in God and therefore I am better then you attitude that I don't like. Of course that works both ways Some people that are atheists have the same attitude.
You see what you doing? It was God that helped, and instead of recognizing that...you chose to take all the credit yourself. (As if your better than thou) The very thing you don't like in people!
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline Hi

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 25, 2011, 04:22:19 PM »
Well if he wants credit for the stupid little things then hes gonna have to start taking responsibility for the things he totally drops the ball on.

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 25, 2011, 04:34:18 PM »
Well if he wants credit for the stupid little things then hes gonna have to start taking responsibility for the things he totally drops the ball on.
He never drops the ball. You might pecieve it that way, but it doesn't happen!
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 25, 2011, 04:53:21 PM »
How do you know what EVERBODY knew 1500 years ago.  That's mighty presumptuous on your part.

"Fifteen hundred years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat. And fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."   MIB
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 25, 2011, 05:08:37 PM »
  The Bible has always had it right:  He sits enthroned above the CIRCLE of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in.
Isaiah 40:21-23
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline Hi

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 25, 2011, 05:25:10 PM »
Is he cloaked?  Nobodies ever seen him sitting in space above the Earth on a throne, at least not to my knowledge, I'm pretty sure I would have heard something about that.

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 25, 2011, 06:09:50 PM »
Is he cloaked?  Nobodies ever seen him sitting in space above the Earth on a throne, at least not to my knowledge, I'm pretty sure I would have heard something about that.
I think the meaning is a bit deeper than that..enĚthrone (n-thrn)
tr.v. enĚthroned, enĚthronĚing, enĚthrones
a. To seat on a throne.
b. To invest with sovereign power or with the authority of high office.
2. To raise to a lofty position; exalt.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 25, 2011, 06:17:27 PM »
Some things are not meant for mortal eyes.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline JCorn

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 25, 2011, 08:26:20 PM »
How do you know what EVERBODY knew 1500 years ago.  That's mighty presumptuous on your part.

It was a movie quote, note the MIB for Men In Black at the end.  It was a feeble attempt to add some levity to an otherwise extremely usless conversation.

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 26, 2011, 12:10:44 AM »
Maybe desim is correct he came he created he left.

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 26, 2011, 12:48:30 AM »
 If scientific truths are universal, why are religious truths not universal? It is the arrogance of man to claim that their religion is the one true religion is the correct one. To say that GOD created the world and mankind and loves all of mankind then say well that's not really true he only loves you if you believe this way. (Insert your preference here) What about people that have died without knowing that there was a man called Jesus and through him is the only way to heaven. What of their souls they burn for enternity in a lake of fire. If that is true then to say that GOD loves man is a lie.

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 26, 2011, 09:05:26 AM »
If scientific truths are universal, why are religious truths not universal? It is the arrogance of man to claim that their religion is the one true religion is the correct one. To say that GOD created the world and mankind and loves all of mankind then say well that's not really true he only loves you if you believe this way. (Insert your preference here) What about people that have died without knowing that there was a man called Jesus and through him is the only way to heaven. What of their souls they burn for enternity in a lake of fire. If that is true then to say that GOD loves man is a lie.
Ever wonder why you were created?
The number one reason why each of us are born is because God loves us. That's right, you were created by God to love and to be loved. His love for us is probably the greatest thing in the entire universe. The very essence of God's being, his personality, his very nature - is love. The motivation for God sending Jesus into this world was love. The most famous verse in all the Bible tells us this. "God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son." (John 3:16)
The sad truth is that even though many people today have heard that God loves them, they simply don't believe it. They just cannot understand or comprehend the reality of God's love in their lives. They can't grasp something they cannot see. They haven't learned how to recognize it and experience it and therefore they don't know how to embrace it, nurture it, grow in it, or truly enjoy it. And with out knowing and realizing that God loves us we cannot possibly have hope in our lives. We will not be aware of the purpose or the meaning that God wants us to have concerning our lives. God wants us to know alot about him, but the most important thing that he wants us to know about him is the tremendous and awesome love that he has for each and every one of us. That is why the apostle John could write at 1 John 4:8 "The one who does not love, does not know God, for God is love".

OUR FIRST BIG MISTAKE
One of the greatest mistakes that we make is that we measure God's love for us by our present circumstances. We reason that if things are going bad for us, then God must really hate us. But if the birds are singing, and the sun is shining, and we are happy, then God must really love us. We also usually assume that God works only through the successes we have, and not through our weaknesses. The truth is that our circumstances are constantly changing but God's love is always with us. His love for you does not ride the waves of your feelings. We also bring many unwanted circumstances on ourselves, and because of pride and sinfulness, we are the ones usually responsible for many of those terrible problems that we often find ourselves in.

At the same time it is hard for us to understand that if God really loved us, then what exactly is his purpose for allowing so many bad things to come into our lives. But faith in God does not mean trusting God to stop the bad storms in our life. Faith and trust in God are things which enable us to walk through those periods of hurt and sorrow and come out victorious. We must trust God and believe that when trouble occurs, he is going to give us the ability to cope with it. We are wrong if we expect belief and faith to be an exemption from suffering. If anyone should doubt this then just look at what the world did to Jesus. Instead, the storms of life should become workshops where we can practice our faith in God's greatness.

We also wonder why if God loved us then why doesn't he answer our prayers immediately. But please remember that only God is able to see the total picture. We can only see a small fraction of what is happening right now. We have no idea what effect the things happening today will have on our lives and the lives of others in 10, 20, even 50 years from now.

THE FOLLOWING ARE SOME ATTRIBUTES AND CHARACTERISTICS OF GOD'S GREAT LOVE.

God's love is absolutely unconditional
His love is not based on what we have, what we do, or what we achieve. God's love is not determined by our behavior or our conduct. It is not dependent on our background or our birth or status in society. God's love is not influenced by anything that we do. When we are good he loves us and when we are bad he loves us. When we work hard for him he loves us and when we don't work hard for him he loves us. This unconditional love is given to us because we are his creation. We are his children. If a person has never known genuine unconditional love, then he knows the rules only for conditional love. And the foremost rule for conditional love is, "You must earn the right to be loved." You must measure up to my standards before I will love you. And of course the other horrible aspect of conditional love is that it can be taken back at any time. In other words if you do something to displease me I will stop loving you.

You can't earn unconditional love. God says you are worthy of his love solely because it is his desire to love you. There is nothing you can do to win more of God's love. In fact there is absolutely no way that you can get God to love you anymore than he does right this very second. It is God's nature and character to love each and everyone of us. All through the Word of God it says, "God is love." It says this over and over again. Even as Jesus hung dying on the cross he asked his Father to forgive those that were in the process of murdering him. So because God's love is unconditional and not based upon your performance, you should accept it, receive it, and delight in it.

God's love is perfect
There is nothing that can be added to or taken away from God's love. It is complete. He cannot love you anymore than he does right now and his love for you yesterday was the same as it is today, and it will be the same tomorrow. And there is absolutely nothing that you can do to cause God to love you any less.

God's love is eternal
God's love for us will never cease nor will it ever end. It is unchanging and unalterable, and it will never run out. There is no way that you can use up, exhaust, or consume God's love.

God's love is personal
God loves each and every one of us. We are not just a number amongst millions and billions of others. He desires a personal and intimate loving relationship with you. He longs for the time when you simply talk to him, when you think about him, when you ask for his help or guidance, when you ask him to speak to your heart about some matter. His love for you is so great that you walk surrounded and bathed in his love. He wants you to know that he is concerned about every single aspect of your life.

God's love reaches across every boundary that man can erect, and you cannot possibly know what boundaries God had to cross to save you. Many ignore him their entire lives, never think about him, never try to find out what he is like, never take the time to get to know him, never talk to him, never ask for his guidance. That has no effect at all on his love for you. He will still wait for that day when you begin to accept him and realize that he wants to rain down upon you that awesome perfect unconditional love. That love is there and it will always be there, just waiting for you. And the person who understands this incredible love and who has put their faith and trust in the hands of Jesus, knows beyond a doubt, that Jesus will never ever give up on anyone.

Your heavenly Father extends to you the full and complete privilege of being his child the moment that you turn to him and receive his forgiveness. And remember, the person who accepted Christ sixty seconds ago is as much a Christian as the person who has loved and faithfully served Christ for the last sixty years.

God's love is beyond our understanding
Not one of us knows why God loves us and has saved us. Yes, we know that God is love, and that we are his creation, that we are his children, but it is still mysterious to realize that even as we continue to sin, as we continue to fail him, as we continue to break the promises that we make to him, as we continue to be disobedient to him, he still loves us as much as he ever did. God never says, "That's it, no more love! I've had it with you!" You can't do anything to get God to stop loving you. God's unconditional love is far beyond our understanding.

God hates the sin but even as we are sinning he still loves us with that perfect unconditional love. It is a love that is simply beyond the comprehension of the human mind. Man's inability to understand God's great love is probably best described by Paul at Ephesians 3:19 , where in describing God's love he uses the term, "a love which surpasses all knowledge".

God's love is measureless and limitless
There is no way that we can exhaust the love of God. There are no limitations or boundaries on God's capacity to love, and that is why God deeply loves the most unrepentant sinner and waits anxiously for the day that he asks to be forgiven.

God's love has no favorites
God does not have favorites and he loves the sinner as much as he loves the saint. God doesn't have favorites but he does have intimates, and these intimates are the people who spend time with him, who talk to him, who listen to him, who obey him, who seek his guidance, who love his word, who want to learn how to love him. These intimates are the ones who want to find God's best for their lives. And God makes this intimacy available to each and every one of us. So this all powerful, all mighty God of love wants you as one of his close personal intimates.

God's love is a very generous love
He pours out his love on each one of us every second of the day. Think of all the wonderful, happy, and amazing things that have happened in your life. How great his gifts have been. You have no idea how many times he has saved you from catastrophe, or how many times he has instilled in you that innovative and creative idea at just that right time. Or those times that he enhanced your ability to communicate with another person in just that perfect way. The times that he gave you that added abundance of strength, energy or physical vitality when you so desperately needed it. If you look closely at all those many very wonderful and unexpected things that have occured in your life, you will see the very hand of God written on many of them.

Think of all the times that he brought joy and happiness and contentment into your life. Think of the long periods of time when you experienced excellent health, or all those times when others came into your life to help and aid you when you so needed it. Think of all the times that the Almighty Father prevented problems and obstacles, accidents and mishaps, interruptions and delays, from entering into your life. We will never know in this life all the times that he has shown his great love to us.

~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 26, 2011, 10:50:48 AM »
Mark single handedly is turning the county athiest. LOL
I hope not...I'm trying to help!
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline Hi

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 26, 2011, 03:27:57 PM »

Offline Hi

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 26, 2011, 03:58:13 PM »

Offline Hi

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 26, 2011, 04:02:15 PM »
Apparently Jesus really died in Japan?!?!

http://imgur.com/gallery/fWsSP

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 26, 2011, 09:42:05 PM »
Religion is like polotics. Keep your thoughts and beliefs to yourself. False Profits galore in here. If I was adminastrator Id delete every religious posting PERIOD> TROUBLE! False Profits and there is no God! Its Evololution plain and simple.
Evolution and atheism are faith based religions!
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 26, 2011, 11:17:43 PM »
I don't mind the religion fights they are fun if you don't like them read a different thread. Now back to Mark. I think either you misunderstood my post or chose to focus  on a small part of it. "God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son." (John 3:16) What about the people that never heard of Jesus? What about the people of Jewish faith ( that existed and died before Jesus came on to the scene?) These people I guess are burning in a lake fire. Why did God who acts kind of like a jerk in the OT all of sudden become a nice guy in the NT? Why are Jewish people his chosen people? Did he not create all people? Do you believe that if a person is not a Christian that they will burn?  If you cut and paste please include your source.

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 27, 2011, 12:00:13 AM »
 God will judge who goes to heaven and who doesn't. (He has unconditional love for everyone) I would agree with you man, or religion does not know. But we have guidelines in the Bible. And I don't want to miss out on heaven and eternal life! For me its getting baptized and accepting Jesus as my lord and savior. I'm trying to improve each day and learn what I can. In the end God chooses, and is the only judge! I may not be the best person to answer this question. Science is my forte. I studied to be an engineer and have studied science all my life (50 years) and it always comes down to our creator (God) All scientific theories change with the times. The Bible never does.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 27, 2011, 03:31:48 AM »
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

ôThe truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.ö

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 27, 2011, 03:49:27 AM »
 Wish I was a little more proficient on this computer I could show you how that chart really works.
  Writing book trying to describe the universe without God------Must sell X-amount of copies-----Baffle them with bullshit----Most of them won't know the difference-----New house so I can live like the devil!
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 27, 2011, 01:50:04 PM »
Mark it's good to see you admit that you don't know and that reilgion is based on fatih and not hard facts.  Scientific theories may change with more study,scientific law does not. The Bible never changes, really, which VERSION do you read?

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 27, 2011, 01:50:49 PM »
Sorry I misspelled religion

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 27, 2011, 02:44:03 PM »
Mark it's good to see you admit that you don't know and that reilgion is based on fatih and not hard facts.  Scientific theories may change with more study,scientific law does not. The Bible never changes, really, which VERSION do you read?
I don't think I said "I don't know" And lets talk about these unchanging laws. Could that have happened through random, chaotic processes? No someone had to create and determine what those laws are. i.e. God!
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 27, 2011, 02:56:32 PM »
I think the meaning is a bit deeper than that..enĚthrone (n-thrn)
tr.v. enĚthroned, enĚthronĚing, enĚthrones
a. To seat on a throne.
b. To invest with sovereign power or with the authority of high office.
2. To raise to a lofty position; exalt.

I was setting on my throne this morning.
and wasn't raised to a lofty position.
But the smell did remind me of a TV evangelist.
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 27, 2011, 03:08:04 PM »
God is your answer for what you don't know. You said you may not be the best person to answer the question. So you don't really know. I'm not saying that there is no GOD I don't know that anymore than that you know that there is a GOD. You have faith and belief. My problem with it is that most religions say if you don't believe this way then God will condemn you to hell or some sort punishment. I don't have a problem with the punishment part for evil or bad people. But what about a man who has spent his live doing good works and not hurting anyone. It is your belief that he will burn because he believes in something other than Jesus. AND that is what is wrong with organized religion. Churches are about money. Take the Ark for example how many people could that money help feed. God wanted people to have a rock climbing wall in a building when according to you he has provided all the rocks you need to climb. By the way you never answered which version.

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 27, 2011, 03:21:00 PM »
The Ark is a money making venture. It costs three dollars per teen per day to use their Gym.
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

ôThe truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.ö

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 27, 2011, 03:32:01 PM »
exactly