Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: When do vehicle tags expire  (Read 27518 times)

Offline dixonbob

• View Profile
When do vehicle tags expire
« on: September 11, 2010, 04:08:14 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

I was stopped tonight by a State Trooper and informed my tags were expired. The sticker says Sept 2010. I questioned him and said I thought I had till the end of the month? He said he does this for a living and its the 1st of the month. I personally wasnt aware of this and will check further into it but Im passing this along to keep anyone else from getting a $80.00 ticket
FOUND the ignore button. Ha Ha

Offline Eeyore

• "Never leave your partner behind"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: When do vehicle tags expire
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 04:15:19 AM »
I thought it was the end of the month as well
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 04:18:11 AM »
me too~

Offline ♥♥♥Trena♥♥♥

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 04:18:24 AM »
Same here!
Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, So love the people who treat you right, Forget the ones who don't, and believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Offline Eeyore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 04:23:20 AM »
Missouri license plates must be renewed during the expiration month or before. You can renew them up to six months early, and you have up to three convenient renewal options. You may renew online at www.plates.mo.gov  if a Personal Identification Number (PIN) appears on your renewal notice, you may renew by mail following the instructions on that same notice, or you may visit one of Missouriís over 180 license offices.   
As per the MO DEPT of REVENUE at http://dor.mo.gov/motorv/renewing.php
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline ♥♥♥Trena♥♥♥

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 12:06:20 PM »
I believe I would be fighting that ticket!
Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, So love the people who treat you right, Forget the ones who don't, and believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 01:42:05 PM »
You got the true information from the future prosecuting attorney.  Fight it DB.  I believe you wil lwin it

Offline dixonbob

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 03:06:16 PM »
I just called MSHP and the future prosecuting attoney is WRONG. Tags that say Sept 2010 ARE expired. They expire on the 1st
MSHP 573-368-2345

Offline ♥♥♥Trena♥♥♥

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2010, 03:36:17 PM »
Then we have a conflict with what the DMV says...

Offline msheek

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2010, 04:03:07 PM »
Tags expire on the first day of the month on the tag.  Most of the time you are allowed to go to the end of the month and are allotted a grace period with no penalty for renewal, but they are expired on the first day. 

I have been wrong a time or two but if my memory serves me, I am correct about this.  The funny thing is I was jsut talking to someone else about this the other day and he was arguing with me about it.
If anybody knows MAYNARDS given name please PM me with it.  I will not tell who tells me!

Michael Sheek

Offline I bleed cubbie blue

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2010, 04:08:33 PM »
You are correct Mike.  I had the same arguement as you did with one of my co workers. However I did NOT write a ticket if it was during the expiration month. 

Offline dixonbob

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2010, 04:22:19 PM »
IF you dont argue they will let it slide BUT if you think youre a know it all and tell the officer its BS I have till the end of the month then guess what, He wins every time LOL

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2010, 04:46:57 PM »
The Trooper is correct, tags expire on the first day of the month, grace period until the last day of the month. As a normal rule MSHP does not issue a sept. ticket in sept.

dixonbob did you get a real ticket?

JB

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2010, 04:58:51 PM »
sounds like it to me...he said $80....
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2010, 06:51:11 PM »
Hey Guys The future prosecuting attorney might be  Mr. Hillman,
But it was Eeyore that made the post____
I'm going to give you all a ticket for being Stooopid :wink1a:   :wink1a:   ;D
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2010, 10:07:36 PM »
I just called MSHP and the future prosecuting attoney is WRONG. Tags that say Sept 2010 ARE expired. They expire on the 1st
MSHP 573-368-2345

The future prosecutor is not wrong.  The MSHP is wrong.  Mr. Hillman's quote is directly from the website. 
"Missouri license plates must be renewed during the expiration month or before"  I think the person who got the ticket could fight it.  Take the page from the webpage and show it to the judge.  Done.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2010, 10:32:09 PM »
The future prosecutor is not wrong.  The MSHP is wrong.  Mr. Hillman's quote is directly from the website. 
"Missouri license plates must be renewed during the expiration month or before"  I think the person who got the ticket could fight it.  Take the page from the webpage and show it to the judge.  Done.

Mr. Hillman did not post anything...Eyeore did.....you are mistaking her election poster for his identity....

Offline HCC

• Wise men argue cases, fools decide them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2010, 10:41:40 PM »
Oh blast it all! Now when is my fishing license due for renewal? How about my hunting license? Better yet, do I have to renew my marriage license. That one I may let lapse. Can Eeyore, er I mean Mr. Hillman, uh whoever help me? This thread has confused me as to who said what, what is what, and what shall we ever do!

Offline Eeyore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2010, 02:28:35 AM »
Yes- - that was ME-- not Kevin Hillman on that post-- sorry if I confused you.  But I did that that quote STRAIGHT FROM THE DMV website---
Sounds like they need to be clarifying things on their webiste.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2010, 03:34:42 AM »
That's  what I get for not looking closer.  I was actually answering Dixon Bob's post where he said the prosecutor was wrong.  Should have went and looked myself.  That's how people get in trouble.  But OK, since it was eyeore, she was not wrong, the MSHP are wrong.  According to the website you have the whole month to get your tags renewed.  If you got a ticket you could get it  removed, based on the information on the web page.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2010, 03:39:57 AM »
it's been a very informative thread...i always thought it meant the end of the expiring month....so if your cop is a jerk, or you hack he/she off, ticket time.....i had no idea.....

Offline cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2010, 11:06:42 AM »
Missouri Revised Statutes
Chapter 301
Registration and Licensing of Motor Vehicles
Section 301.030

August 28, 2009

Motor vehicle registration periods--local commercial plates, requirements--proration authorized for larger commercial vehicles.

301.030. 1. The director shall provide for the retention of license plates by the owners of motor vehicles, other than commercial motor vehicles, and shall establish a system of registration on a monthly series basis to distribute the work of registering motor vehicles as uniformly as practicable throughout the twelve months of the calendar year. For the purpose of assigning license plate numbers, each type of motor vehicle shall be considered a separate class. Commencing July 1, 1949, motor vehicles, other than commercial motor vehicles, shall be registered for a period of twelve consecutive calendar months. There are established twelve registration periods, each of which shall start on the first day of each calendar month of the year and shall end on the last date of the twelfth month from the date of beginning

Offline msheek

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2010, 01:35:47 AM »
301.030There are established twelve registration periods, each of which shall start on the first day of each calendar month of the year and shall end on the last date of the twelfth month from the date of beginning

So what that means is if you register your car on the 5th of September then the tags were good from September first and end the following year on the last day of the 12th month.  That is saying they end on the last day of August.  At least that is the way I remember it.
If anybody knows MAYNARDS given name please PM me with it.  I will not tell who tells me!

Michael Sheek

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• Land Of The Free, Because Of The Brave
  • Riding Vertical Shiny Side Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2010, 08:27:04 PM »
I just got my thing in the mail to re-register my truck from DMV, which expires in September, and it clearly states i have until Sept 30th to have it renewed.
Freedom Of Road Riders,
Protecting and informing riders in Missouri
www.midamericafreedomrally.com

Please watch out for Motorcycles on the road
The life you save might be mine

Offline dixonbob

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2010, 05:05:13 AM »
call the highway patrol. Better yet JB stated its the 1st so who do you believe? I know what I stated and to keep anyone from getting a ticket TRUST ME its the 1st of the month. If your tags say SEPT 2010 THEY ARE EXPIRED. Im gonna start getting my tags 6 months in advance to be sure

Offline msheek

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2010, 12:22:26 PM »
I just got my thing in the mail to re-register my truck from DMV, which expires in September, and it clearly states i have until Sept 30th to have it renewed.
I do believe you generally get till the end of the month as a grace period without a penalty for tax purposes, but they are expired on the last day of the 12th month.  Read the whole 301.030 and I think you will agree.  That is kind of like 18,000lb or above tags, you expire on the last day of the year, however for tax purposes they actually don't expire I believe till the 8th day of February, Its an odd time period, buts its for tax purposes.  Don't quote me on the exact time, but its close.

Michael Sheek