Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Poll

If the vote were today who would you vote for

Ike Skelton (Democrat)
44 (53.7%)
Vicky Hartzler (Republican)
30 (36.6%)
Greg Cowan (Constitution)
2 (2.4%)
Jason Michael Braun (Libertarian)
1 (1.2%)
Don't Know
5 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Voting closed: October 23, 2010, 11:23:57 PM

Author Topic: OK. lets have a vote Ike Skelton or Vicky Hartzler  (Read 8328 times)

Offline 2CardJohnE

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
OK. lets have a vote Ike Skelton or Vicky Hartzler
« on: October 20, 2010, 11:23:57 PM »

Share/Bookmark

John Wayne said it best, "I may not have voted for him, but he is MY President

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
Re: OK. lets have a vote Ike Skelton or Vicky Hartzler
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 01:41:28 AM »
2Card, this poll is a really good idea and it deserves more attention.

I have added all four candidates (not just three -- there's also a Libertarian running) and a "don't know" option, and corrected the spelling for Vicky Hartzler's first name.

I've also sent out an announcement of this vote to everybody on the Pulaski County Web list and will do the same thing to my Twitter and Facebook feeds later tonight.

Since people are going to ask, my vote is "Don't Know." It's no secret that in most elections during my life I have voted straight-ticket Republican unless I have had a REALLY good reason to vote for a Democrat, or the Republican was obviously unqualified, incompetent, corrupt, or had a demonstrated record of bad decisions. It's also no secret that for the years I've been in Pulaski County, there was no good reason to vote against Ike Skelton since his opponents weren't serious candidates. For me to say "Don't Know" is unusual this late in any race, and I may end up making up my mind on Election Day.
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline 2CardJohnE

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 02:12:08 PM »
2Card, this poll is a really good idea and it deserves more attention.

I have added all four candidates (not just three -- there's also a Libertarian running) and a "don't know" option, and corrected the spelling for Vicky Hartzler's first name.

I've also sent out an announcement of this vote to everybody on the Pulaski County Web list and will do the same thing to my Twitter and Facebook feeds later tonight.

Since people are going to ask, my vote is "Don't Know." It's no secret that in most elections during my life I have voted straight-ticket Republican unless I have had a REALLY good reason to vote for a Democrat, or the Republican was obviously unqualified, incompetent, corrupt, or had a demonstrated record of bad decisions. It's also no secret that for the years I've been in Pulaski County, there was no good reason to vote against Ike Skelton since his opponents weren't serious candidates. For me to say "Don't Know" is unusual this late in any race, and I may end up making up my mind on Election Day.
BUMP  
   SO FAR 37 VOTES W/ 199 VIEWS''''   People you dont have to be a registered voter to vote here.  I wonder if those 162 who viewed and did not vote are the same ones wont show up at the polls on election day

Offline ozarkbabe21

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 03:27:35 PM »
Maybe it is time for change.  I'm voting whoever is in. . . Out!

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 03:57:48 PM »
Maybe it is time for change.  I'm voting whoever is in. . . Out!
Me too, if our votes count.  depends on how many are wiling to forgive a 90% + rate of agreement with far left wing nut, Pelosi.  OH, and Ike was for Healthcare before he was against it.  Sure willing to murder our economy with Cap and Trade too.

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 04:29:04 PM »
BUMP  
   SO FAR 37 VOTES W/ 199 VIEWS''''   People you dont have to be a registered voter to vote here.  I wonder if those 162 who viewed and did not vote are the same ones wont show up at the polls on election day

It could be that people keep coming to check the vote and that's how the views got so high.
Women are Angels

And when someone breaks our wings....

We simply continue to fly.........on a broomstick...

Because we are flexible like that

Offline I.M.CURIOUS

• GASCONADE RIVER YACHT CLUB REGATTA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 07:21:59 PM »
I voted for Ike since 1990 when I moved across the Gasconade River from Phelps to Pulaski County.I vote Republican,usually at State and Federal levels but Ike was middle of the road,pro gun,pro military and the best man qualified so he got my vote.Now he's voted for Cap and Trade which will kill our electric budgets for those of us who live in Missouri where most electricity is generated by coal and coal will be hit hardest by cap and trade legislation.Dumb vote,Ike.That cost you the endorsement of the Missouri Farm Bureau,I believe.While he didn't vote for Obamacare Health,if you check the vote, several Congressmen,like Ike who are in more conservative Districts,waited until Pelosi told them she had enough votes to get health care passed and not to alienate their constituents by voting for it.I believe Ike would have voted for Obama Care if she'd(Pelosi) needed his vote.Sorry Ike,you blew it this time.
The power of accurate perception is commonly referred to as cynicism by those who have not got it.George Bernard Shaw

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 10:21:11 PM »
BTW, if the vote totals on the Pulaski County Web so far are a fair reflection of the local electorate, which may well not be the case since by definition a computer straw poll is skewed toward younger and more technologically savvy voters, we have an almost equally divided local electorate.

That does not bode well for Ike Skelton.

Skelton needs to win the areas around Fort Leonard Wood and Whiteman Air Force Base by huge margins to offset more rural voters in places where the military is doing little if anything for the local economy.
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline 2CardJohnE

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2010, 03:27:15 AM »
 &&*)(*^(&

Offline 2CardJohnE

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2010, 02:30:19 PM »
Voting closes: Today at 06:23:57 PM

Offline lilkitten4_me

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2010, 08:03:15 PM »
There is more bashing and less ideas on how to remidy our Nation! Ike and Vickie are not on our "Notice of Election" sheet. As far as that goes... I would vote for Ike before Vicky...who else IS there??? That is MY question! I know or have not heard anything about the others.

It would be nice to see both of these parties to come down to our neck of the woods Ft. Wood, Waynesville etc. and see how many farmers here show up and voice their opinion face to face.

Offline 2CardJohnE

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2010, 08:42:14 PM »
There is more bashing and less ideas on how to remidy our Nation! Ike and Vickie are not on our "Notice of Election" sheet. As far as that goes... I would vote for Ike before Vicky...who else IS there??? That is MY question! I know or have not heard anything about the others.

It would be nice to see both of these parties to come down to our neck of the woods Ft. Wood, Waynesville etc. and see how many farmers here show up and voice their opinion face to face.
you should read more of DTM's articles.  They were here last week

Offline 2CardJohnE

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2010, 04:21:36 PM »
And the IKE's have it