Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: What did Vicky Hartzler write on Facebook today?  (Read 12565 times)

Offline superdave

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: What did Vicky Hartzler write on Facebook today?
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2010, 09:54:56 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

You'll just have to understand that not everyone has the personality of Ike Skelton.  Why, he has introduced himself to me at several Pulaski County events-NOT.   Funny--I have never seen Ike at the Vets Parade.

Give her a chance!

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2010, 01:07:55 AM »
Some one broight her over to me and introduced her to me as a member of the Patriot Guard and Freedom Of *Road Riders. She lloked at me and said, yes, i have heard of you bikers before and turned her back to me and walked away. i also go the impression she was snobish
Wow no, not at all. 
Women are Angels

And when someone breaks our wings....

We simply continue to fly.........on a broomstick...

Because we are flexible like that

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2010, 01:57:50 AM »
Todays Quote.

Vicky Hartzler
At the Library of Congress. Many believe most beautiful bldg. In Washington. Sensational!

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2010, 05:11:49 AM »
Dave is right. We do need to give Congresswoman-elect Hartzler a chance, and even if we disagree with her, it is imperative that we respect her office. She won the election, and in a free republic, that is a very important fact.

For Democrats who think I'm just coming to the defense of a fellow Republican, remember that I said the same thing about President Obama two years ago, and for two full years I've been saying that some of the attacks on this board against our president go beyond what should be said in a constitutional form of government.

For Republicans who are Skelton supporters because of his stance on the military, I think it's obvious that there's a lot more to like about Vicky Hartzler's campaign platform than that of our president.

What I'm going to say next has more to do with some of the radical and extreme elements in the Republican Party that go beyond far beyond loyal opposition to President Obama. I don't see this in the people who oppose Vicky Hartzler, at least not yet.

Conservatives are not revolutionaries, and if we believe in our constitution, we need to eschew the mob rule tactics of the community organizers, Saul Alinsky and similar folk. While they can be highly effective and were a significant factor in bringing our president to power, they have their own logic and if pushed to their logical conclusions, they lead to anarchy and disrespect for the very institutions of government. Class warfare at least has the merit of being consistent with certain types of liberalism, but when used by conservatives, such tactics are inherently hypocritical unless they step from fascist principles, and I certainly don't think anyone around here wants to be an advocate of fascism.

You'll just have to understand that not everyone has the personality of Ike Skelton.  Why, he has introduced himself to me at several Pulaski County events-NOT.   Funny--I have never seen Ike at the Vets Parade.

Give her a chance!
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• Land Of The Free, Because Of The Brave
  • Riding Vertical Shiny Side Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2010, 03:24:05 PM »
I do plan on giving her a chance as far as her politics until she shows me otherwise, as I have for any other politician, but we were on here people skills and like others, she came across snobbish in how she talked to her constituents at the parade. I am nobody special that should get special treatment, but I am also not lower than any one that you have to turn your back on me while I am addressing you. As far as politics go, I hope that she does a great job, because if she fails, we are the ones that get screwed.
I did not vote for Obama either, but I hoped he was going to do a good job, because this country needs help.

Freedom Of Road Riders,
Protecting and informing riders in Missouri
www.midamericafreedomrally.com

Please watch out for Motorcycles on the road
The life you save might be mine

Offline 2CardJohnE

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2010, 12:42:32 AM »
I see nothing wrong with Fartzler ( she stinks ) getting the same chance as "Nobama" got
John Wayne said it best, "I may not have voted for him, but he is MY President

Offline Racer

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2010, 01:18:34 AM »
I see nothing wrong with Fartzler ( she stinks ) getting the same chance as "Nobama" got

I just wish she would send me back my share of the 750k she got for her farm.  Let that big government leave her alone.  My share has to be around 10 bucks.

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2010, 01:21:17 AM »

I just wish she would send me back my share of the 750k she got for her farm.  Let that big government leave her alone.  My share has to be around 10 bucks.

oh but that subsidy money is a matter of national defense you know.....at least that's what I read she said about it....
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

Offline Racer

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2010, 02:02:33 AM »
I do plan on giving her a chance as far as her politics until she shows me otherwise, as I have for any other politician, but we were on here people skills and like others, she came across snobbish in how she talked to her constituents at the parade. I am nobody special that should get special treatment, but I am also not lower than any one that you have to turn your back on me while I am addressing you. As far as politics go, I hope that she does a great job, because if she fails, we are the ones that get screwed.
I did not vote for Obama either, but I hoped he was going to do a good job, because this country needs help.

Damn it, nobody puts Taz in the corner.  You are special Taz, say it again, you are special Taz.  Come on Pulaski County Web, give a shout out that yes, Taz is special.     &&*&^

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2010, 02:18:17 AM »
Special does come to mind.

Damn it, nobody puts Taz in the corner.  You are special Taz, say it again, you are special Taz.  Come on Pulaski County Web, give a shout out that yes, Taz is special.     &&*&^

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2010, 08:29:58 AM »
I dont like her. I hope she as well as others dont bury us.
Biscuit

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2010, 04:09:46 PM »
Vicky Hartzler

We as the Republican Conference just voted to ban all earmarks. We're serious about cutting spending

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2010, 06:44:37 PM »
She is blowing smoke  until congress votes to ban earmarks.  It will be interesting to see what she does at that time.  Wouldn’t surprise that she or for that matter many of vote to cut them.   They will have an excuse.

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2010, 07:34:52 PM »
She is blowing smoke until congress votes to ban earmarks.  It will be interesting to see what she does at that time. Wouldn’t surprise that she or for that matter many of vote to cut them.  They will have an excuse.

First off, in fairness to Vicky Hartzler, on this point she agrees with Sen. McCaskill. Some Democrats are strong opponents of earmarking for philosophical reasons, saying that any project worth earmarking is one which should be able to stand on its own through the competitive grant process or routine budget issues.

However, the position of both McCaskill and Hartzler is in direct contrast to the position taken over the years by Congressman Skelton.

There are things at Fort Leonard Wood or which support Fort Leonard Wood that exist because of Skelton's earmarks. They may be good or bad, and a number of them might have succeeded anyway without earmarks.

However, earmarking is an issue which could have an immediate and direct impact on Fort Leonard Wood and our surrounding communities. I wish I had thought to ask the earmarking question to Hartzler and Skelton during the campaign.

I'm going by memory here, but several times over the last half-decade projects pushed by Skelton such as the Leonard Wood Institute got on various conservative organizational lists of inappropriate earmarking that hadn't been vetted through the proper budget process. With Republicans now in control of Congress and our local Congresswoman being an opponent of earmarking, it would probably valuable for me to ask Skelton's staff for a list of his earmarks that require ongoing funding to keep alive.

Again, it's very important to remember that just because something got earmarked doesn't mean it can't stand on its own. Sometimes the project might have been a risky project that has since proved itself. In other cases, the project might have gotten funded anyway, or funded a year or two later. Just because we will soon have two opponents of earmarking representing us does not mean the projects will go away or that similar projects will not get started in the future.
Darrell Todd Maurina

Offline freethinker

• My boston - emerSIN
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2010, 08:07:50 PM »
Vicky Hartzler

We as the Republican Conference just voted to ban all earmarks. We're serious about cutting spending

thats awesome!

well.. except for the fact that an earmark ban will do absolutely nothing to cut the deficit, seeing as money "earmarked" for something is already part of some federal agencies budget...  they are likely to kill more state/local jobs that exist because of earmarked funds..

but the sheep will cheer and donate to the war chest when they hear this. because they have no clue wtf an earmark is....   

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2010, 08:56:37 PM »
An "earmark" is a Congressman or a Senator getting special funding, usually for a constituent or a business important to his/her district, without going through the ordinary review process. Basically it's saying that "Agency X" (whatever it is) has $X billion worth of money, and a certain amount of it will, by Congressional mandate, be spent in a certain way.

Our local elected officials do that all the time. If you want the pothole on your county road or city street fixed, there's a good chance you're going to go to your city council or county commission to ask that it be fixed.

However, you don't do that with MoDOT. There's a reason why. Our state decided long ago that members of the legislature shouldn't be deciding where money gets spent on roads, but rather the decisions should be made by trained professional engineers in MoDOT who are answerable to the state transportation commission.

At the federal level, most funding decisions are made by staff review processes in the agencies. If you think I-44 needs better pavement, you probably won't go to your congressman and ask for a supplemental appropriation for the stretch of I-44 on which you drive to go to work. He's got better things to do with his time, and unless he happens to be a former road engineer, he probably knows enough to know he doesn't have the expertise to get "down in the weeds" on such issues.

There are times that constitutents ask for the equivalent of a pothole fix, directing spending to a specific local problem apart from the regular staff review process. That's not necessarily bad; after all, that's why we elect our elected officials. However, it is an avenue for potential waste and abuse.

Apparently Fourth District voters liked Vicky Hartzler's views and didn't like Ike Skelton's views. That's fine, and it's what elections are all about.

We'll see in the next two years whether voters like the consequences of the change.

thats awesome!

well.. except for the fact that an earmark ban will do absolutely nothing to cut the deficit, seeing as money "earmarked" for something is already part of some federal agencies budget...  they are likely to kill more state/local jobs that exist because of earmarked funds..

but the sheep will cheer and donate to the war chest when they hear this. because they have no clue wtf an earmark is....   
Darrell Todd Maurina

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2010, 01:51:41 AM »
Vickie Hartzler
What a memorable day: got to sit in cockpits of an A10, Apache, and a B2 & tonight met Pres. George W. Bush

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2010, 01:55:13 AM »
Vicky Hartzler
Had great day at Whiteman AFB. I appreciate the hospitality & briefings of Maj. Gen. Vander Hamm & his staff.