Author Topic: PCSD- Pursuit & Arrest  (Read 7465 times)

Offline demo.dave

• Im a veteran of the unspeakable.
    • View Profile
Re: PCSD- Pursuit & Arrest
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2010, 01:58:20 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

It probably wouldnt be so bad except for the fact that there seems to be some VIOLENT criminals being released back to the streets without being charged or ever sent to court. I have no problem with non-violent offenders out in public if there is too much of a workload, but to see 3 press releases this week of violent acts with no charges and some other known cases, it gets a bit annoying.

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2010, 02:00:24 AM »
It probably wouldnt be so bad except for the fact that there seems to be some VIOLENT criminals being released back to the streets without being charged or ever sent to court. I have no problem with non-violent offenders out in public if there is too much of a workload, but to see 3 press releases this week of violent acts with no charges and some other known cases, it gets a bit annoying.

Offline demo.dave

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2010, 02:11:15 AM »
Damn...Nuff said. Though a good thing out of this is that the voters were smart this year in deciding not to re-elect her. None of this means she is a bad person, she is obviously smart, but she just cant do her job...period...and its nice to see people take a stance to it. If i couldnt do my job right, i would be fired on the spot.

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2010, 02:16:31 AM »
I think the only thing that will be holding Kevin Hillman back is the same thing that holds JB back, the almighty dollar and County Commission that refuses to do anything to fix that lack of funding.

Offline demo.dave

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2010, 02:28:30 AM »
I think the only thing that will be holding Kevin Hillman back is the same thing that holds JB back, the almighty dollar and County Commission that refuses to do anything to fix that lack of funding.

Lets hope Kevin can be a better voice. All we the citizens ask for is that the PA do what we elected them for to the best of their ability. Right now we are seeing a lack of that and have been the last year or two. Since elections its just getting really bad.

Also i know the sheriffs dept isnt perfect, but in the end from people who dont know all the details, his dept gets scoped in as the reason people like this are free. Thats puts the bad word against the wrong people. Hell look at phelps county and rolla from this chase. They put their lives on the line and done their job to get this person into custody and its all for not. Why would they wanna help us anymore?

Offline kevinhillman

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2010, 02:31:37 AM »
Wow, I go away for Thanksgiving and there is lots of talk about me.  Even mention of me being a superhero, which is a first.  I'll have to tell my wife.  Anyways, to answer your questions, yes, funding is going to be a headache.  To properly run this office it would be the prosecutor and 4-5 assistants based on our population.  Phelps County has had 3-4 assistants depending on the timing over the last 8 years with a similar population.  Do I think I am going to get that many assistants, no.  I am however working on getting more, and working on how to fund it.  Right now I think I have a realistic formula to get 2 and perhaps an additional part time person.  I would also like to add at least a part time staff person to help with the additional caseload.

I have to keep telling myself that I can not do all that I want in the first week.  Contrary to popular belief, or 2 Card JonE's opinion, I am not a superhero and just a normal guy trying to do my best with the cards I am dealt.  I will pledge that hopefully by this time next year you all will be at least partially happy with the results.  If not, I'll be on here for you to ask me why and to defend myself.

I did want to mention that the current prosecutor has been working with me on the transition.  She has let me meet with the staff and ask for their ideas.  She has also promised to sit down in December and go over the current cases with me.  I can not answer about why cases are not being filed, but I will review these if they are still pending after Jan. 1st.

-Kevin
Follow me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/kevinshillman

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2010, 03:03:38 AM »
Wow, I go away for Thanksgiving and there is lots of talk about me.  Even mention of me being a superhero, which is a first.  I'll have to tell my wife.  Anyways, to answer your questions, yes, funding is going to be a headache.  To properly run this office it would be the prosecutor and 4-5 assistants based on our population.  Phelps County has had 3-4 assistants depending on the timing over the last 8 years with a similar population.  Do I think I am going to get that many assistants, no.  I am however working on getting more, and working on how to fund it.  Right now I think I have a realistic formula to get 2 and perhaps an additional part time person.  I would also like to add at least a part time staff person to help with the additional caseload.

I have to keep telling myself that I can not do all that I want in the first week.  Contrary to popular belief, or 2 Card JonE's opinion, I am not a superhero and just a normal guy trying to do my best with the cards I am dealt.  I will pledge that hopefully by this time next year you all will be at least partially happy with the results.  If not, I'll be on here for you to ask me why and to defend myself.

I did want to mention that the current prosecutor has been working with me on the transition.  She haslmet me meet with the staff and ask for their ideas.  She has also promised to sit down in December and go over the current cases with me.  I can not answer about why cases are not being filed, but I will review these if they are still pending after Jan. 1st.

-Kevin

can u not have volunteers in your office to help you out? and is it against the law to shoot people who are trespassing on your property? if you have a sign up? just wondering>

Offline kevinhillman

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2010, 03:49:56 AM »
I can have volunteers and have had people offer their services to me.  I will probably take them up on the offer.  However, I have to be careful because of the sensitive nature of the files in the office.  Plus, volunteers are not a long term answer. 

The short answer to your shooting question is no, you can not just shoot someone on your property even with a sign.  There are lots of exceptions, for example if you feel threatened, then you may have the right to use deadly force.  The Castle Doctrine comes in to play if a person is unlawfully entering an inhabitated structure, you then may have the right to use deadly force.  Your question is pretty broad and I don't want to give you the wrong advice without some more facts.
Follow me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/kevinshillman

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2010, 05:44:59 AM »
Kevin is always the Humble Modest one. Here is a picture I found of him on Facebook..The Hillmanator - Super Hero

I did want to mention that the current prosecutor has been working with me on the transition.  She has let me meet with the staff and ask for their ideas.  She has also promised to sit down in December and go over the current cases with me.  I can not answer about why cases are not being filed, but I will review these if they are still pending after Jan. 1st.

-Kevin

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2010, 05:55:23 AM »
It is not that bad, you are just too sensitive.. LOL

Politicians who have nothing to hide have to be brave to come on here because you do get racked up for a cue ball shot about once a week or better.

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2010, 02:47:38 PM »
News Release
Pursuit & Arrest- Up Date
Pulaski County Sheriff J. B. King
December 8, 2010

At approximately 10:51pm on Nov. 21, 2010, a domestic assault incident which involved shots being fired inside a residence occurred at 20901-2 Highway Y, St. Robert, Missouri. This address is in the county. However St. Robert Police units copied the description of the suspect vehicle that had left the scene.

When the St. Robert Police officers attempted to stop the suspect he began to flee east on I-44 and St. Robert Officers began a pursuit. A Pulaski County deputy was also involved in the pursuit. The pursuit entered Phelps County and Phelps County deputies took over the pursuit. Attempts were made to spike the tires on the suspect vehicle. As the vehicle entered the Rolla City limits the car left I-44 and drove into the city. The pursuit ended on one of the college parking lots in Rolla. The suspect was taken into custody and later returned to the Pulaski County Jail. A shotgun was recovered from the vehicle.

An investigation at the scene of the shots fired incident revealed a shotgun had been fired in the home. Statements were taken from family members on the suspectís actions and his reason for going to Rolla.

A statement of probable cause was sent to the Pulaski County Prosecutor requesting a felony charge of; unlawful use of a weapon and armed criminal action. A misdemeanor charge of domestic assault third degree was also requested. At this we are waiting for the response of the prosecutor and the suspect remains in the Pulaski County Jail on a 24-hour hold pending the filing of charges.

UP DATE

On December 7, 2010, a criminal summons for peace disturbance first offense, a class B misdemeanor, was issued for Dennis Michael Zeiger, age 37, of 20901-2 Highway Y, St. Robert, Missouri.