Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Dairy Queen  (Read 43945 times)

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
Dairy Queen
« on: March 09, 2007, 01:32:14 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

watson

Re: Dairy Queen
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 04:11:18 AM »
We love to get the ice cream cones mainly because mom is diabetic and she cannot have that.....but I love their shakes...hmmmmgood...

Offline Eeyore

• "Never leave your partner behind"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 06:52:48 AM »
     Oh - and those little ice cream sandwiches  for the little ones --- just the right size.
And they have a Blizzard fan club-- if you join, they email you a buy one get one free coupon every month!
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline I have no username

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 08:47:20 PM »
I like my ice cream, but that place is icky/dirty!  The last few times I have been there I have had very poor customer service.  The workers were rude and would not smile or look you in the eye.  They seemed P.O.'d that they had to be there, huffing and puffing.  I wont go back.
Μολὼν λαβέ

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline mommyto2boys

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 11:10:58 PM »
Thanks for the info on the coupons.  I love their peanut butter cup blizzard!

Offline markham

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 03:47:13 AM »
We went there once...about a month ago...it was dirty and poorly ran.  They didnt have the brownies for the advertised specials.  They didnt have the cone my son wanted.  And they didnt sell Nerd blizzards.  And after finally finding something we all could live with their machine didnt work for credit/debit payment. 

The shakes from the place near the visitor's center is good though!

watson

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 12:52:07 PM »
If you can buy dietetic ice cream in a store why can't you get it at an icecream place like dairy queen, does not make much sense to me...Especially for as many older people there are in the world....do they think older people do not like ice cream.......wrong....hehe

Offline MOShutterbug

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2007, 09:22:45 PM »
I have been a DQ fan since birth, even working there in High School, but when we moved here 3 years ago I was SAD to see this Dairy Queen.

Their place is so dirty.  I absolutely HAD to use a restroom when I was there last summer and went through to the back, it was DISGUSTING behind the counter and in back.  I couldn't believe it.  I would absolutely not eat there anymore.

Their food and ice cream is not even close to other Dairy Queens.  I don't know who runs the store or who owns it, but it is the worst fast food I've seen.  I can't believe it stays open.

Offline scubbie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2007, 09:42:11 PM »
We were told they didnt have any restrooms and to go next door. I also agree that this DQ is very dirty and we wont go back!

Offline Cef Gin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2007, 12:42:07 PM »
yea i agree, that place just looks dirty from the outside, so i don't even bother stopping. I went by there one night, an hour before closing and waited at the outside speaker for about 5 min, no answer. I then pulled up to the side and saw the owner locking the place up. I even called them before i left and asked them what time they close and that i was on my way, its only like a 3 min drive. I pull up and the owner was just rude saying that they were closed.. he looks like he's from India or that guy from The Simpson's that works at the quicke mart LOL

Offline OLDigahmah

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2007, 03:38:18 AM »
It does look a little grungy but what makes me mad is when i go there and the ice cream isn't firm.  I was told if they have a busy day the machine doesn't have time to freeze it good again.  Two words, NEW MACHINE.  It's a gamble everytime you go there, is it good today or not.  I would rather go get the ice cream at that place over by walmart.

suzi-q

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2007, 05:49:28 AM »
We were told they didnt have any restrooms and to go next door. I also agree that this DQ is very dirty and we wont go back!

I believe it is a legal requirement for resuarants to have a public restroom.  If this particular Dairy Queen doesn't have inside seating for customers, they would be exempt.

Offline I have no username

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2007, 08:57:07 PM »
i like the phelps county health dept web page.  it show local establishments and what they are/were cited for.  I wish it was online here too, but as I know at this point is is not.
Μολὼν λαβέ

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2007, 06:14:20 PM »
I won't go to the one in St.Bobs, but I do like the one in Lebanon
Go ahead and blame me....Everyone else does

Offline thelights

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2007, 04:46:14 AM »
Have you tried the new Kit Kat Blizzard?  To die for!!!!

Offline justwannahelp

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2007, 01:40:34 PM »
I was there the other day and the cook come around from the grill to ask a question and he was exhaling a large plume of smoke from where he had ust puffed on  a cigarette.

Offline Maggie

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2007, 08:48:24 PM »
His name is Sadat, and he is a very nice guy.

He's from Pakistan, not India, and yes, he's a very nice guy.

Offline MOShutterbug

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2007, 06:32:46 PM »
I do not know the owner, nor have ever seen him (that I know of).  I don't think being nice or not is the problem.

Dairy Queen would do phenomenal if it could move towards the interstate where the other fast foods are.

At the very least, there is NO EXCUSE for the way the DQ looks inside, how unclean it is, and outdated.  I'm telling you, if customers could walk (like I did) right behind the counter and see it back there...oh my, disgusting.

So, if the owner of DQ is reading this, please clean up the facility because I'm sure there are people (like me!) that would go to DQ quite a few times every week if it were nicer.

Thanks!

Offline Eeyore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2007, 07:21:37 PM »
Hi Suzi-q;
     This DQ does in fact have inside seating - as a matter of fact, one of the tables is now shoved up against the bathroom door.  The public used to be able to use the bathroom - but then they shoved the table against it and posted a 'no public restroom' sign.

I believe it is a legal requirement for resuarants to have a public restroom.  If this particular Dairy Queen doesn't have inside seating for customers, they would be exempt.
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• Land Of The Free, Because Of The Brave
  • Riding Vertical Shiny Side Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2007, 07:23:49 PM »
Take a trip[ out to Dixon to the Dixon Drive Inn. Ice cream and food is much better, and clean
Freedom Of Road Riders,
Protecting and informing riders in Missouri
www.midamericafreedomrally.com

Please watch out for Motorcycles on the road
The life you save might be mine

Offline Eeyore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2007, 07:36:37 PM »
A trip out to Dixon on a sunny day with the windows down for good ice
cream ----
sounds good

If you want to stay in town, try a custard cone from Chicago Gyros over by the Comfort in.

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2007, 03:40:33 AM »
dang it! now i'm wanting ice cream!

Offline Trix

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2007, 12:49:02 PM »
How about the ice cream shop behind Crocker Bank in St Robert last year it was good and Sonic has good ice cream.

Offline GM2006

• Proud BF, BW, CS, CD Mom to 2 boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2007, 12:28:38 PM »
ooh I love the Moo Lattés! lol

Offline saraelexis87

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2007, 06:46:33 PM »
From working at a successful DQ in Camdenton and coming here it made me sick to see how they were behind the counter. I think it should be shut down by the health department. I will NEVER go there and eat icecream or food. Y would you go somewhere where they are rude disrespectful and dirty too?

Offline GM2006

• Proud BF, BW, CS, CD Mom to 2 boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2007, 07:33:26 PM »
the one in Camdenton is much better!

Offline Princess_KA

• Always look eye...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2007, 05:52:38 AM »
We went there about a month ago.  While the service was good, and the ice cream and food seemed okay, the place did look a little warn and not the cleanest.  Plus there was some non-patron big guy outside that was dancing around with his headphones on and kept coming in the door to talk to a couple of obviously too young girls who were patrons with our group.  No one asked hiim to leave or anything so we gave up and left.  Haven't been back since.

Offline crockergal

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2007, 04:00:59 AM »
Every time I go there the service is absolutley awful.  The Manager is very rude.  Its like she has a chip on her shoulder, and hates her job.  It also takes a really long time to get your food. 

paloha2

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2007, 12:34:50 PM »
I was there just a few days ago..there were 4 people working behind the counter and so busy they had  no time to be rude.....chocolate extreme blizzard is VERY chocolatey...yummy but the vanilla malt had a bit too much malt tho.