Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Prescription Cold Meds  (Read 3523 times)

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
Prescription Cold Meds
« on: December 01, 2010, 03:24:54 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Our illustrious Governor who seems to love the One, is now going to make it harder to get cold meds without seeing a Dr.  Think the lines to see a Dr. are long now?  WTF are they thinking up there in Jeff City?  this is bordering on insanity.  It is about CONTROL.  they already place the pseudoephedrine behind the counter.  If they are that worried, then perhaps they should require all pharmacies out there to be interlinked so people won't buy the max at one store and then go to another.

http://www.kspr.com/news/local/kspr-missouri-governor-wants-prescr-113010,0,1534044.story

Offline Nanna

• View Profile
Re: Prescription Cold Meds
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 03:38:45 PM »
All someone has to do is Doctor hop and they can get as many meds as they want
It happens now and I agree with you - there should be a system in place where you pull up persons name and it shows all the doctors that are writing that script  for that person.

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• Land Of The Free, Because Of The Brave
  • Riding Vertical Shiny Side Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 03:50:14 PM »
It may not be a perfect system, but the two other states that made this into law have seen a major decrease in Meth Labs. Since we are still known as the meth capitol of the country, if this will help stop most of it, I say try it.
Trying to link the hundreds of stores all together would cost millions. Think of trying to get all the Walgreens, Wal-Martís, Country marts, Price Cutters, and the hundreds of other store all on one system. They would have to increase the cost of all their medical over the counter stuff to recoup what it would cost to set up such a system.
Yes, it will be a pain to get the meds, and no, it won't eliminate all of the meth labs, as there are some corrupt DR.s too, but if done correctly it should reduce them considerably without having to increase the cost to the honest consumer.
Like everything else, a few rotten eggs screw it up for the good apples, from Gun control to cold medicines.

Freedom Of Road Riders,
Protecting and informing riders in Missouri
www.midamericafreedomrally.com

Please watch out for Motorcycles on the road
The life you save might be mine

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 04:52:41 PM »
They need to put a a stop to the drug dealing doctors.

Our illustrious Governor who seems to love the One, is now going to make it harder to get cold meds without seeing a Dr.  Think the lines to see a Dr. are long now?  WTF are they thinking up there in Jeff City?  this is bordering on insanity.  It is about CONTROL.  they already place the pseudoephedrine behind the counter.  If they are that worried, then perhaps they should require all pharmacies out there to be interlinked so people won't buy the max at one store and then go to another.

http://www.kspr.com/news/local/kspr-missouri-governor-wants-prescr-113010,0,1534044.story

Offline cenwoman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 05:34:39 PM »
For those who do not have insurance this make it impossible to get cold medicines.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 06:39:54 PM »
Looks like the computer linking is already taking place and started in September. 

http://www.ky3.com/news/ky3-governor-nixon-proposes-prescr-113010,0,6066339.story

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 06:59:01 PM »
Screw your governor, he's an idiot! (can I say that??)
Give the electronic database time to work.  And if you're a cop who thinks the only way to stop Meth is by requiring a script then you need to find a new job.... try politics.
The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. Cicero - 55 BC, Rome

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 07:10:13 PM »
If the linking is used correctly, LE should be able to at least have reasonable suspicion, if not probable cause to pick someone up after they get a hit on a person or persons buying the stuff in max quantity at different stores.  Our governor is suffering from mental illness in the form of extreme liberalism.

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2010, 07:14:16 PM »
If the linking is used correctly, LE should be able to at least have reasonable suspicion, if not probable cause to pick someone up after they get a hit on a person or persons buying the stuff in max quantity at different stores.  Our governor is suffering from mental illness in the form of extremem liberalism.

I have to disagree, MN...  YOUR governor is suffering from having shit for brains.  He's a lying, puppet trying to get from JC to DC.  I despise him more than I do any other elected official, just hearing his name makes me want to puke.
The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. Cicero - 55 BC, Rome

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2010, 07:24:48 PM »
He is not MY F-ing governor.  We need to get that straight now.  I have to agree he is an idiot.

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2010, 08:00:17 PM »
He is not MY F-ing governor.  We need to get that straight now.  I have to agree he is an idiot.

ROFLMAO

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2010, 08:10:54 PM »
Me too.  Knew you were yanking my chain.

Offline medicm

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2010, 08:11:33 PM »
Let me ask a question: When was the last time you were able to get in to see a doctor within the week of calling for an appointment?  People go doctor-hopping all the time so they can get multiple scripts for narcotics already, just so they can be stoned all the time, share with the family, and sell them.  What makes these governmental idiots think this isn't going to happen with pseudoephedrine?  Worse yet- many many of these people are flashing their Medicaid card as payment!  So what's actually going to be happing, is WE'RE going to wind up paying for the ingredients for meth labs!  AND it's going to make it harder on LEOs since, rather than finding a bunch of packs of ephedrine/psuedoephedrine with other ingredients, and using the "you have all the makings of a meth lab here," they'll have to somehow take into account that this person has a PRESCRIPTION for all this medication.  Kind of like, you can't go into someone's house, find 10 bottles of vicodin, and call it intent to sell when they have prescriptions for all 10 bottles.  They won't be able to call 10 bottles of PRESCRIBED pseudoephedrine-containing meds "intent to manufacture."
Another issue- how long do you wait at the ER now?  Now think of all the extra people who will be going there just to get rid of a cold/flu! The ERs are already swamped this time of year for that reason, but it'll be multiplied several times over when people realize the only way to see a doctor to get the meds within a reasonable amount of time (by that, I mean within the week), is to go to the ER. 
Now, someone please tell me how exactly this brilliant idea by someone who sits behind a desk thinking of ways to get a pat on the back is actually going to benefit us?   :poke:

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2010, 08:39:20 PM »
Don't hold back Medicm.  I work within the medical field too and see this day in and day out.  Rhetoric questions as the future ex-governor will never come up with satisfactory answers.  He has to support Obamacare you know.

Offline demo.dave

• Im a veteran of the unspeakable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2010, 09:38:52 PM »
I have to agree with this laws thinking to a point. Sorry but we have tooooooo much of a meth lab problem and we need to find ways to cut that back big time. There are plenty of cold and allergy meds you can use that these meth heads cant make meth with. Unfortunately welcome to the world these days where other people screw up our rights to anything anymore. The electronic tracking is good, but the pharmacists have to go through it and track and catch and call in when they see somethin. I think the tracking idea vs the script idea is both gonna have the same affect after they give tracking time so i say leave the tracking the way it is now and give it time to work. They need to push to make sure these pharmacists really track hardcore and turn in any little thing they catch and not let anything slide.

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• Land Of The Free, Because Of The Brave
  • Riding Vertical Shiny Side Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2010, 10:33:15 PM »
Was not aware that there was an electronic tracking system already in place. If it works then let it go. But if down the line if it does not work, then look to change the law.
Freedom Of Road Riders,
Protecting and informing riders in Missouri
www.midamericafreedomrally.com

Please watch out for Motorcycles on the road
The life you save might be mine

Offline demo.dave

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2010, 10:38:30 PM »
Was not aware that there was an electronic tracking system already in place. If it works then let it go. But if down the line if it does not work, then look to change the law.

They just put it into play a couple months ago so they havent seen if it works or not. Their thing is that with the other states with tracking, its been hit and miss. Its worked in some states and not so much in others. What they seen was 2 states have made it script only and one state it said seen over a 60% difference since they done it a couple months ago. All i know is we gotta do somethin.

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2010, 10:54:09 PM »
I have been away from a computer all day but I did want to let folks know where I am at this point on this issue.  Please remember though, nothing has been written (that I am aware of) as far as legislation so I am making the comments without actually knowing the details of what the Gov. wants.

Personally I feel we need to let the tracking legislation have a chance, there are still bugs being worked out in it.  I also feel that if his idea becomes law there are two things we can count on, the cost of the meds going up and fewer people that really need them getting them.  At this time, again...without knowing the details, I am leaning very strongly against supporting this idea.

Of course, by some that don't care for me I will then be called "pro-meth lab".  Oh well, as is politics.

Just wanted to let you know where I am at this point.  Appreciate all of your comments on this issue, it is an important one and I am sure one the Governor will be hanging his hat on big time this session.

Dave
Political Website:  www.StateRepDay.com
Back Roads Recording:  www.backroadsrecording.com
Band Website:  www.MFNband.net
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/RepDay

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2010, 11:18:57 PM »
Thank you for your common sense approach, David!

Offline demo.dave

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2010, 12:05:09 AM »
To me its nice to see that at least they are trying to come up with ideas. Not all ideas will work and some need more work before it will. Im not trying to actually compare the exact two but to me take out the constitutional rights and this problem in missouri is a lot like guns. You have so many people that wanna use the item for all the right reasons. Unfortunately these days too many more people wanna use it for all the wrong reasons and that number grows everyday. Its gotta be hard trying to balance whats best for us here in missouri because when its a problem as big as this, its gonna piss people off no matter what you do.

I say give electronic tracking a year and compare results. If it works, stay with it. If it doesnt, then take a much harder stance even if it pisses people off. I would rather see people pissed off because its harder to get than to see another 16 year old get addicted to meth.

Offline CityKitty

• Lurker
  • Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2010, 04:17:11 AM »
I agree with evaluating the electronic database after a year.  But if it doesn't work or work as well as intended, it should be fixed/tweeked (pun intended) instead of discarded because in addition to causing medical costs and wait times, prescription-only pseudoephedrine will cause more people to get sick because more sick people that can't get into their doctor that day or next day will be in ER waiting rooms coughing and sneezing on healthy and injured-only patients and family members.  This, combined with the pseudoephedrine-subsitutes, such as the OTC Sudafed PE, that do not work, will also cause more lost days from work.

The same logic that says prescription-only pseudoephedrine is good also says that getting rid of motorcycles or cars is good so no one gets hurt riding them or riding in them.

Where are the parents of the 16 year olds using meth?  :angry_copy(1): Where were they when the kids were 15, 14, 13, 12, 11...?  A kid doesn't try meth out of the blue without some issues or symptoms of issues appearing before...

Why isn't DARE preventing this?  :angry_copy(1): 

I think it is time for some grant money or stimulus funding for the Sheriff's Department for more meth detection and eradication...  ;D