Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: ATV PERMITS  (Read 6801 times)

Offline merrymutts

• View Profile
ATV PERMITS
« on: January 03, 2011, 02:30:08 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Would like to know when the County will be able to issue LEGAL  permits for ATV owners to ride on county Roads ?? Have understood that these latest ones are technically not legal as the county commissioners need to enact an Ordinance regulating  the operation of ATV's in the County .... and ones being issued now are by "resolution" which means, from what I have been told...the rider may still be subject to citation by law enforcement for illegal operation of the ATV.
Susan Aspeotes
M and Zee's Gourmet Pet Treats
WWW.BESTDOGCOOKIES.BIZ
Waynesville   MO  65583

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
Re: ATV PERMITS
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 10:06:39 PM »
Would like to know when the County will be able to issue LEGAL  permits for ATV owners to ride on county Roads ?? Have understood that these latest ones are technically not legal as the county commissioners need to enact an Ordinance regulating  the operation of ATV's in the County .... and ones being issued now are by "resolution" which means, from what I have been told...the rider may still be subject to citation by law enforcement for illegal operation of the ATV.

Most ATV road action is completely illegal. The term special uses is for handicap, parades, and so forth. RSMO below.
                 JB

All-terrain vehicles, prohibited on highways, rivers or streams of this state, exceptions, operational requirements--special permits--prohibited uses--penalty.
304.013. 1. No person shall operate an all-terrain vehicle, as defined in section 301.010, upon the highways of this state, except as follows:

(1) All-terrain vehicles owned and operated by a governmental entity for official use;

(2) All-terrain vehicles operated for agricultural purposes or industrial on-premises purposes between the official sunrise and sunset on the day of operation;

(3) All-terrain vehicles operated by handicapped persons for short distances occasionally only on the state's secondary roads when operated between the hours of sunrise and sunset;

(4) Governing bodies of cities may issue special permits to licensed drivers for special uses of all-terrain vehicles on highways within the city limits. Fees of fifteen dollars may be collected and retained by cities for such permits;

(5) Governing bodies of counties may issue special permits to licensed drivers for special uses of all-terrain vehicles on county roads within the county. Fees of fifteen dollars may be collected and retained by the counties for such permits.

2. No person shall operate an off-road vehicle within any stream or river in this state, except that off-road vehicles may be operated within waterways which flow within the boundaries of land which an off-road vehicle operator owns, or for agricultural purposes within the boundaries of land which an off-road vehicle operator owns or has permission to be upon, or for the purpose of fording such stream or river of this state at such road crossings as are customary or part of the highway system. All law enforcement officials or peace officers of this state and its political subdivisions or department of conservation agents or department of natural resources park rangers shall enforce the provisions of this subsection within the geographic area of their jurisdiction.

3. A person operating an all-terrain vehicle on a highway pursuant to an exception covered in this section shall have a valid operator's or chauffeur's license, except that a handicapped person operating such vehicle pursuant to subdivision (3) of subsection 1 of this section, but shall not be required to have passed an examination for the operation of a motorcycle, and the vehicle shall be operated at speeds of less than thirty miles per hour. When operated on a highway, an all-terrain vehicle shall have a bicycle safety flag, which extends not less than seven feet above the ground, attached to the rear of the vehicle. The bicycle safety flag shall be triangular in shape with an area of not less than thirty square inches and shall be day-glow in color.

4. No persons shall operate an all-terrain vehicle:

(1) In any careless way so as to endanger the person or property of another;

(2) While under the influence of alcohol or any controlled substance;

(3) Without a securely fastened safety helmet on the head of an individual who operates an all-terrain vehicle or who is being towed or otherwise propelled by an all-terrain vehicle, unless the individual is at least eighteen years of age.

5. No operator of an all-terrain vehicle shall carry a passenger, except for agricultural purposes. The provisions of this subsection shall not apply to any all-terrain vehicle in which the seat of such vehicle is designed to carry more than one person.

6. A violation of this section shall be a class C misdemeanor. In addition to other legal remedies, the attorney general or county prosecuting attorney may institute a civil action in a court of competent jurisdiction for injunctive relief to prevent such violation or future violations and for the assessment of a civil penalty not to exceed one thousand dollars per day of violation.

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 10:37:31 PM »
According to number 5 the county can issuse a permit. It would seem that if the county issued a person a permit then the LE should them alone. It should be up the county what is a special permit, not LE.  If this is not the case then the county should quit ripping people off.

Offline merrymutts

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 01:08:29 AM »
I believe in most cases LE leaves the LEGAL ATV rider alone....those with the permit sticker, flag, warning triangle, et al. It's the ones who go out acting like fools ( speeding, intoxicated, hazardous riding )  that are more likely to get a citation. However, if the county is going to issue permits and take the ATV owner's $ 15.00, then there should be a clear ordinance to that effect ...and not a vague " special permits" wording that can be interpreted any which way one feels like it on a particular day.
Susan Aspeotes
M and Zee's Gourmet Pet Treats
WWW.BESTDOGCOOKIES.BIZ
Waynesville   MO  65583

Offline I have no username

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 04:36:24 PM »
Mine sits in the garrage.  A complete waste of 7K.  Occasionally I take it to St Joe but the drive prohibits most of the time.  As popular as the sport is, its amazing that there isnt a  place near by to ride.  Sure I could spend the money for a BLM permit it, but why?... Riding is limmited only to some fire roads. 

FLW closed their large riding area and recently opened a small tract of land pay per use. 

I pay taxes owning the bike, but there is no point in registering it since it cant be used in public places. 
Μολὼν λαβέ

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline idowza

• Lurker
  • Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 09:34:00 PM »
Where are these Fort Leonard Wood trails?

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 01:30:29 AM »
It was a five or fifteen acre tract near the sportsmans center. Total joke if I may add. Pay to take safety course and was pay per use.
Μολὼν λαβέ

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline idowza

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 12:02:30 PM »
I am assuming that it is closed now.  not that I would go anyways.  The army is really good at ruining good things.  It would be an awesome place to ride if they would open all the back area up.

Did you ever find a place around here to ride?

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 04:38:50 PM »
You mean the roads are closed on FLW to riding? LOL I might refer to a "story" when a "rider" was chased on FLW near Deckers Ridge.  There was no way in hell they were going to catch him.  I would bet that they werent even familiar with all the roads and powerlines in that area.  Try catching someone that can do 90mph on a dirt road and knows the area better than most..."he" grew up around here.

Not advocating it....its against the law.

You should contact the US forestry office in Rolla about a Permit to use in the NF off Z hwy/J hwy.  You are limited to numbered forrest roads only and not allowed on trails marked closed. 

Stay away from the Big Piney as you will get a ticket for eroding the banks - not as bad as actually crossing the river, but they sit and watch for ya. 

If you have the time, St Joe state park is awesome (sand, woods trails, swimming lake and camping).  There is a place in Ava, Chadwick I think, that is really rocky, Finger Lakes north of Columbia - mostly mud.  Drive to Oklahoma, Little Sahara if you want sand dunes.  If you are up for a hell of a challenge, there are trals at Flat Nasty near Salem MO. (http://flatnasty.net/)

Otherwise us folks that want to be legal locally are screwed. 

Μολὼν λαβέ

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline idowza

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2011, 07:19:48 PM »
I've been to flat nasy.  ( I ride a dirt bike by the way).  And I was a huge challenge!  That parks not designed for bikes, but the people and the atmosphere there are really nice.  I'm sure I'll go back again.  I plan on going to St. Joes and Chadwick a lot this season.  Still really sucks that there is nowhere to ride around here.  I county would make a ton of money if they would open up some land.

A few of my buddies have told me about some trails around the devils elbow area.  It's probably not legal, but if law enforcement doesn't car, I don't either. 

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2011, 07:35:26 PM »
The tree cops (conservation agents) will get ya.  Again, check with the US forrest service about the actual regulations with that area.  There were a bunch of trails over there, but most are closed now. 

Try this as well
http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trails/missouri_list.htm
Μολὼν λαβέ

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline idowza

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2011, 10:50:57 PM »
I'll just stick with somewhere that I know for sure is legal.  Do you still have your ATV.  We should carpool to St. Joes.

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2011, 12:43:23 AM »
I know people that recently got caught riding in the Devils Elbow area. That gravel road across from the Elbow Inn leads you to them, anyway they got fined $125. It use to be open

Offline ReallyYouThinkSO

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2011, 05:52:59 AM »
You can thank a bunch of young kids for the current efforts of the "tree cops" these kids were underage and drinking and tearing up Mark Twain National Forrest land on trails that were clearly posted "NO motorized vehicles"  They threatened campers and families fishing, chased some people on horse back etc.  The whole thing was really sad.  I really wish something had been done to the kids parents. 

Once again the actions of a few ruin it for many.  I was thinking I saw a sign somewhere last week about a place to ride.   Hummmm Not remembering.  When and if I see it again I will post the information.  I am thinking Lake or Lebanon/Stoutland.    It looked cool with jumps and such. 

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2011, 03:31:26 AM »
I have read in the Missour Conservation about how the ATVs have really tore up some streams and farm lands. Now we are going to let them drive on county roads. Wow. Hope they have good insurance, and all the safety gear required to operate a motorcycle. You are so right they need a place to play, but it's not on the county roads. I had one of them little mopeds pull out right in front of me by macd's in St Roberts and just smile. Her helmet was so big on her I doubt she could even see well. With gas getting higher I hate to say it but I bet we will see more and more of them.
If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!