Author Topic: Help Wanted  (Read 10821 times)

Offline kevinhillman

• View Profile
Help Wanted
« on: January 05, 2011, 04:31:53 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

The Pulaski County Prosecutorís Office is seeking applications for a part time criminal clerk.  The criminal clerk is responsible for assisting the attorneys with preparing documents, filing, assisting in court and other tasks as assigned.  Starting pay for this position is $9.00 per hour and is currently a 20 hour per week position with the possibility of more hours in the future.  If interested, please respond by January 10, 2011 with a resume to pcmopa@hotmail.com.  The Pulaski County Prosecutorís Office is an equal opportunity employer.
Follow me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/kevinshillman

Offline Pete

• View Profile
Re: Help Wanted
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 04:56:54 AM »
For 9 bucks a hour I'll pour coffee or open the beers. I'll even haul out the trash. I'd also want a parking spot.
If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 11:39:35 AM »
lol@ Pete

Offline Hi

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 04:30:53 PM »
thats crap pay considering the stress that comes along with the job.

Offline cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 07:57:19 PM »
Then don't apply

Offline prE4chEr

• Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 09:18:55 PM »

Sure, but it is a great job to have on a resume, and one hell of a man to have as a reference.
(\__/)
(o.O )
(> < )  Look into my evil eye. Bunny needs brains.....BRAINS!!!

"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 12:11:13 AM »
I wish I was looking for work.  To bad the work can't be done at night, I'd take a night job to do it.  Sounds great to me. 
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 01:37:41 AM »
go to the library woman!! I have crickets old computer if you need it!

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 02:09:35 AM »

My dispatchers only get $8.75 per hour and the load of brown stuff is much higher for them.

JB

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 02:14:36 AM »
I am perfect for this job!! I can only work 20 hrs per week and have done this type of work before but have been out of the workforce due to my injury! I will have to apply! I am borrowing a computer right now mine are fried and cant afford to get another one! dang how can I get my resume made up and sent??? crap!

I don't mean to sound condescending, but you should refrain from abusing the exclamation point and question mark while responding to a clerical job offer. You should also work on structuring your sentences better and using proper grammar.

I apologize for being a grammar nazi this instance. Those that frequent PCW know I generally leave well enough alone when it comes to grammar. I don't find it is necessary to critique an individual's grammar if they are capable of adequately conveying their thoughts. However, in this instance, the bad grammar in question is not "well enough". It is acceptable to throw grammatical rules out the window when you are opining on a social website. Properly placed commas hold little sway over the context of ones opinion. Unfortunately, this isn't an opinion thread. This thread is a job application thread. If you are interested in attaining the position, you should treat it as if you were literally interviewing for the job. If you were in Mr. Hillman's office interviewing for the job, would you tell him that you don't have a computer because "mine are fried?"

If you are willing to fix your errors, I am willing to delete this post. Think of this post as what it is, constructive criticism. I am not pointing out your errors because I am mean. I am pointing them out because I want you to do better in the future. It sounds like you could use the job, but your post makes you sound like you wouldn't be good at it.
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 02:42:40 AM »
Edited because the pot was calling the kettle a dick.  But still, not cool when jobs are on the line.  Let the prospective employer decide instead of publicly running someone down.
"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 03:03:22 AM »
Edited because the pot was calling the kettle a dick.  But still, not cool when jobs are on the line.  Let the prospective employer decide instead of publicly running someone down.

1. I said I will delete mine if they edit their post. I am willing to do this because I don't want to ruin someone's chance at getting a job.

2. You call it "publicly running someone down". I call it rectifying a problem. It is true they may not get the job because of my post, and for that I appologize. However, it would be much worse if I don't point out the problem, and they continue to make the same mistakes.
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 03:40:35 AM »
I agree with what_ the .  I KNOW when I write on this board, that it is nothing like I write for work or how I would write a resume.  Your ass-u- ming much PrE4chEr.  If you donít mean to sound condescending then donít be. What do you think she is going to put on the resume under name- listening.   I doubt one of the interview questions will be, Are you the person that post as listening on PCW?  To say that she may not get the job because of your post, take many ego trips? How is Kevin Hillman gonna know?

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2011, 03:44:11 AM »

I don't mean to sound condescending, but you should refrain from abusing the exclamation point and question mark while responding to a clerical job offer. You should also work on structuring your sentences better and using proper grammar.

I apologize for being a grammar nazi (should be capitalized)this instance. Those that frequent PCW know I generally leave well enough alone when it comes to grammar. I don't find it is necessary to critique an individual's grammar if they are capable of adequately conveying their thoughts. However, in this instance, the bad grammar in question is not "well enough". (period always goes inside the quotation mark) It is acceptable to throw grammatical rules out the window when you are opining on a social website. Properly placed commas hold little sway over the context of ones opinion. Unfortunately, this isn't an opinion thread. This thread is a job application thread. If you are interested in attaining the position, you should treat it as if you were literally interviewing for the job. If you were in Mr. Hillman's office interviewing for the job, would you tell him that you don't have a computer because "mine are fried?"

If you are willing to fix your errors, I am willing to delete this post. Think of this post as what it is, constructive criticism. I am not pointing out your errors because I am mean. I am pointing them out because I want you to do better in the future. It sounds like you could use the job, but your post makes you sound like you wouldn't be good at it.

Might want to check your punctuation rules preacher.  Following are two different excerpts from Google sites: 

When it comes to commas and periods, though, logic doesn't enter into the equation, at least not in the United States.  Universal American usage places commas and periods inside the quotation marks, regardless of logic.

~"Diane," she said, "put the book down and go outside for a little while."

~"I will in a minute," she replied, "as soon as I finish this chapter."

This rule applies even when the unit enclosed at the end of the sentence is just a single word rather than an actual quotation:

~To get to the next page, just press the little button marked "Enter."

Periods and commas always go inside quotation marks, even inside single quotes.
Examples:    The sign changed from "Walk," to "Don't Walk," to "Walk" again within 30 seconds.
She said, "Hurry up."
She said, "He said, 'Hurry up.'"

I am willing to delete this post if you will correct your errors.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2011, 03:45:58 AM »

1. I said I will delete mine if they edit their post. I am willing to do this because I don't want to ruin someone's chance at getting a job.

2. You call it "publicly running someone down".  (Again, the period goes on the inside of the quotation mark).  I call it rectifying a problem. It is true they may not get the job because of my post, and for that I appologize.  (spell check will solve that problem) However, it would be much worse if I don't point out the problem, and they continue to make the same mistakes.

I am willing to remove this post if you correct your errors.

Offline kevinhillman

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2011, 04:07:24 AM »
You all crack me up. ###$$#@!   If you don't have access to a computer, you can drop off your resume at my office on the 3rd floor of the courthouse as well.
Follow me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/kevinshillman

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2011, 04:11:47 AM »
I agree with what_ the .  I KNOW when I write on this board, that it is nothing like I write for work or how I would write a resume.  Your ass-u- ming much PrE4chEr.  If you donít mean to sound condescending then donít be. What do you think she is going to put on the resume under name- listening.   I doubt one of the interview questions will be, Are you the person that post as listening on PCW?  To say that she may not get the job because of your post, take many ego trips? How is Kevin Hillman gonna know?

You are correct. PCW doesn't have to negatively effect her in any way. She could just never mention PCW. Though she did miss a good oppurtunity. She could have used this thread to start a correspondence with Mr. Hillman about the position. That would certainly have been beneficial to her chances.
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2011, 04:24:07 AM »

I am willing to remove this post if you correct your errors.

I'm not the one who needs a job, therefore, there is no need for me to be super critical with my spelling or grammar. Think of me what you will, but I was only trying to help someone see the error in their ways. All I want is to show them that they should use all oppurtunities to their advantage, and to do so, they need to be as professional as possible in a thread such as this.

Besides, do you really want to start a grammar war on PCW?
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2011, 04:43:38 AM »
I don't want to have a grammar war anywhere.  I am terrible at grammar and at punctuation.  I have to look things up all the time.  I wish I knew all there is to know, my job would be so much easier.

But, if a war had started, it would have been because you fired the first shot.     :sheriff:

***Waving White Flag****

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2011, 04:46:39 AM »
LOL LOL LOL !!

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2011, 01:22:05 PM »
Grammer, srmammer what ever. My high school English teacher said I would never amount to a __________ in the field of grammer. Well so far I have written two books and one is finishing the second printing. Grammer may not be everything.

JB

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2011, 03:09:44 PM »
Grammer, srmammer what ever. My high school English teacher said I would never amount to a __________ in the field of grammer. Well so far I have written two books and one is finishing the second printing. Grammer may not be everything.

JB

Which you've proven with your spelling of grammar. heheheh   Just razzing you JB :-) :-)
Women are Angels

And when someone breaks our wings....

We simply continue to fly.........on a broomstick...

Because we are flexible like that

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2011, 04:08:09 PM »
she can't reply to your posts cause her computer was down if you read her post properly~ she was at a friends using theirs>

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2011, 12:18:37 AM »
But, if a war had started, it would have been because you fired the first shot.

My actions were for the greater good. I saw someone making mistakes which were detrimental to their objective, and I provided them with insight to teach them of their follies. Your intentions were to belittle me.

Maybe I did fire the first shot, but it was a warning shot. You shot center mass.
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2011, 12:41:41 AM »
That may have been your intention, but my guess is, she felt belittled.  I know if it had been my post, I would have felt that way.

TRUCE

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2011, 09:53:40 PM »
That may have been your intention, but my guess is, she felt belittled.  I know if it had been my post, I would have felt that way.

TRUCE

Fair enough. I accept your truce. Live long and prosper.
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2011, 03:37:47 AM »

My dispatchers only get $8.75 per hour and the load of brown stuff is much higher for them.

JB

Perfectly put JB.  I was thinking of posting pretty much the same.  For $10/hr I got to dispatch and run the division lol.

Offline Dave D.

• Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2011, 03:37:07 PM »
I am perfect for this job!! I can only work 20 hrs per week and have done this type of work before but have been out of the workforce due to my injury! I will have to apply! I am borrowing a computer right now mine are fried and cant afford to get another one! dang how can I get my resume made up and sent??? crap!

The same way you are participating on this message board.
U.S. Army Combat Engineer, 1991-Present, Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia. Drill Sergeant 2004-2006. There is no such thing as luck, there's trained, and untrained.

Offline Dave D.

• Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2011, 03:40:17 PM »

I apologize for being a grammar nazi this instance. Those that frequent PCW know I generally leave well enough alone when it comes to grammar. I don't find it is necessary to critique an individual's grammar if they are capable of adequately conveying their thoughts. However, in this instance, the bad grammar in question is not "well enough". It is acceptable to throw grammatical rules out the window when you are opining on a social website. Properly placed commas hold little sway over the context of ones opinion. Unfortunately, this isn't an opinion thread. This thread is a job application thread. If you are interested in attaining the position, you should treat it as if you were literally interviewing for the job. If you were in Mr. Hillman's office interviewing for the job, would you tell him that you don't have a computer because "mine are fried?"

"I don't mean to sound condescending"  Bwah ha ha hah hah ha..
U.S. Army Combat Engineer, 1991-Present, Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia. Drill Sergeant 2004-2006. There is no such thing as luck, there's trained, and untrained.

Offline ShowmeHillbilly

• Actions speak louder than words, U have 2 show me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2011, 03:55:47 PM »
MY GOODNESS! I was using a friends computer.

I was excited to see the position, I am qualified, I needed a part-time job. Pulaski County Web is a public forum. I was NOT applying for the job on this thread. However, since I am so poor with my grammar; I will refrain from putting in my application. Wouldn't want you questioning or degrading me on this site if I was to get the job, no matter how qualified I may be and, possibly making errors at my job that I am getting paid to do. I do believe there is not one individual who is perfect! (I used my explanation point correctly btw) OOPS! By The Way.

Want to critique this post too?

* I do have my computer up and running now thanks to a friend. Although, it is missing some keys it works. But, I won't be coming back here. I have been humiliated enough. I do hope Mr. Hillman finds an individual worthy of this position, he would be wonderful to work for. However, I hope they know their grammar well on public forum.
You never know how STRONG you are...until being strong is the ONLY choice you have.
Life Isnt about waiting for the storm to pass...Its about learning to dance in the rain.
Someday someone will walk into your life & make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else!