Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • nursejdavis: also the time is wayyy of its only 930 pm???
    March 14, 2019, 02:29:18 AM
  • nursejdavis: I am looking for a few Press Releases from Kevin Hillman that have disappeared.... not sure why they would be hidden from the public unless they contain narcs who have gotten their charges dropped for their cooperation. Seems the same Press Releases were also deleted from Facebook. Thanks for any help in locating these
    March 14, 2019, 02:24:50 AM
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM

Author Topic: and so it begins, more gun control  (Read 6003 times)

Offline fish

• View Profile
and so it begins, more gun control
« on: January 10, 2011, 04:15:07 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

can't waste a crisis

McCarthy readies gun control bill (Brady also has bill banning free speech)
Politico ^| 1/9/10 | SHIRA TOEPLITZ
One of the fiercest gun-control advocates in Congress, Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-N.Y.), pounced on the shooting massacre in Tucson Sunday, promising to introduce legislation as soon as Monday.
McCarthy ran for Congress after her husband was gunned down and her son seriously injured in a shooting in 1993 on a Long Island commuter train.   Pennsylvania Rep. Robert Brady, a Democrat from Philadelphia, told CNN that he also plans to take legislative action. He will introduce a bill that would make it a crime for anyone to use language or symbols that could be seen as threatening or violent against a federal official, including a member of Congress.

(Excerpt) Read more at politico.com ...

Offline JCorn

• View Profile
Re: and so it begins, more gun control
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 05:10:30 AM »
Well the Democrats don't smell as pretty as they think, including the clown in charge:

It was Obama who declared during the 2008 presidential campaign, “If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun.” And Sen. Joe Manchin, a West Virginia Democrat, ran ads during last year’s campaign that portrayed him with a high-powered rifle, placing a cap-and-trade energy bill in the crosshairs and blasting it to pieces.

How soon they forget!

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 10:18:03 AM »
Told you the politica agendas would surface and I figured someone like McCarthy would be in there pitching hers again.  So words and pictures will be illegal too if they have their way/ hmmmm

Offline FordGuyu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 12:51:26 PM »
Don't have time to read this through, but I seem to remember the first time gun control legislation was passed... happened shortly after a similar incident involving a sniper, a President and an assassination..

I'm generally against gun control so we'll see how this one plays out..

I doubt Mr. Loughner would've been thwarted if he'd have found out it was illegal to carry a handgun.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 12:59:08 PM »
Actually, the GCA of 1968 took place after Robert Kennedy and Martin Luther King were murdered. 

http://www.missouricarry.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59124

Offline prE4chEr

• Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 10:48:49 PM »
So words and pictures will be illegal too if they have their way/ hmmmm

I blame Thomas Jefferson and his vitriolic rhetoric. I propose we officially censure his hate speech, and heavily redact his writings to prevent future catastrophes. For the love of God, think of the children!!!

I suggest we redact the following from The Declaration of Independence just to be on the safe side.

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."
(\__/)
(o.O )
(> < )  Look into my evil eye. Bunny needs brains.....BRAINS!!!

"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 01:44:49 AM »
Told you the politica agendas would surface and I figured someone like McCarthy would be in there pitching hers again.  So words and pictures will be illegal too if they have their way/ hmmmm

"I can't trust the current government because of fabrications,   The government is implying mind control and brainwash on the people by controlling grammar."  Loughner

"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 01:26:19 PM »
so they want to ban words and pictures.  Of course, the picutres are already banned in many places.  witness the kids being expelled for drawing pictures of guns.  some politicians have already stated that anything not going along with their agenda is hate speech.  The lines are being drawn.

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2011, 07:45:18 PM »
Sen. Joe Manchin, a West Virginia Democrat, ran ads during last year’s campaign that portrayed him with a high-powered rifle, placing a cap-and-trade energy bill in the crosshairs and blasting it to pieces.

Hey, that's a really good commercial, especially for a Democrat in West Virginia coal country.
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 01:51:23 AM »
The lines are being drawn.

Really? And what will happen after the lines are drawn?
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2011, 02:30:37 AM »

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 02:29:07 PM »
This is not really about gun control.  That kind of crap will go nowhere in Congress.  It is about usurping freedom of speech.  I totally disagree with the current regime's agenda.  Guess that puts me in the category for hate speech.  Right?  If you can't figure out what happens, then you are not nearly as intelligent as I give you credit for. 

Offline bigedd

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2011, 02:39:17 PM »
You are all barking up the wrong tree.  It is a vast left-wing conspiracy to hike the price of guns and ammo-AGAIN.  Now I have to come up with new arguments to convince my wife I really need that 3rd GLOCK!!

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2011, 03:06:59 PM »
I don't personally like the Glock.  But to each his own.  With all the rhetoric regarding speech, we are going to ahve a real problem in this country expressing our views.  The libs want to suppress all speech that disagrees with their agenda and label all as hate groups, haters, racists, whatever.  They are good at that.  Now when a conservative applies the same speech as the libs do they are haters.  Let us not forget Obama stating when they have a knife, we will bring a gun to the fight.  Many instances. but in the end it is do as I say, not as I do.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2011, 05:20:06 PM »
you're right matrs. obamacare has nothing to do with healthcare, the scanning/pat downs have nothing to do with security, and guncontrol has nothing to do with controlling guns. what will be the next "control"? free speech.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2011, 05:52:37 PM »
Do you have three hands?

You are all barking up the wrong tree.  It is a vast left-wing conspiracy to hike the price of guns and ammo-AGAIN.  Now I have to come up with new arguments to convince my wife I really need that 3rd GLOCK!!
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline Racer

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2011, 06:01:49 PM »
I don't personally like the Glock.  But to each his own.  With all the rhetoric regarding speech, we are going to ahve a real problem in this country expressing our views.  The libs want to suppress all speech that disagrees with their agenda and label all as hate groups, haters, racists, whatever.  They are good at that.  Now when a conservative applies the same speech as the libs do they are haters.  Let us not forget Obama stating when they have a knife, we will bring a gun to the fight.  Many instances. but in the end it is do as I say, not as I do.

The people I talk to on a daily basis feel both parties need to lower the "hate" toward each other.  I see that much differnet than free speech.  Maybe the young man in Arizona followed your own advice Matrsnot.  The Three boxes of Liberty: He went to a rally and personally spoke to his rep and ask her a question, and didn't like the answer so he used the Soap Box.  Hopefully he used his Ballot Box and voted his free choice.  Let's see, she did win a close election which anyone could assume he wasn't happy about so I guess that leaves your last Cartridge Box as an option which he decided to use.  Imagine that, cross hairs, slogans and spewing of hate by either party have nothing to do with anything, now I see more clearly.  No one wants your guns, relax please.  A young girl paid with her life for attempting to use her Soap Box, that's above politics or parties and just plain wrong.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2011, 06:12:21 PM »
Just as all lliberals,  you are trying to turn something I have on my signature line or something I have said to a term of hate.  That is not the case at all.  Might want to look back at true patriots like Jefferson.  The use of metaphors is what the libs are currently attacking.  Both sides are guilty of it.  My signature line has to do with a tyrannical government, not a way to disagree with some politician and their stances on issues.  So go blame the idiot responsible for that little girl's life and put your guilt trip where it belongs.  He is a nut job and you all want to politicize it.  Evidence already shows he was independent.  Go with it now.

Offline Racer

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2011, 06:28:49 PM »
Just as all lliberals,  you are trying to turn something I have on my signature line or something I have said to a term of hate.  That is not the case at all.  Might want to look back at true patriots like Jefferson.  The use of metaphors is what the libs are currently attacking.  Both sides are guilty of it.  My signature line has to do with a tyrannical government, not a way to disagree with some politician and their stances on issues.  So go blame the idiot responsible for that little girl's life and put your guilt trip where it belongs.  He is a nut job and you all want to politicize it.  Evidence already shows he was independent.  Go with it now.

I stated that parties have nothing to with any of this.  So typical that when you get pissed someone has to be called a liberal (or enter name).  Call me a concerned father, grandfather, or uncle, I like those.  A little girl died, tragic.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2011, 06:43:10 PM »
You get no arguement about it being tragic.  But, again, blame it on the nut job and not what I believe in.  As for the guns, that is NOT the real issue here.  Those people entering such trash know that is for form's sake only as they will go nowhere.  It is about FREE speech.  I guess free speech is ok as long as we all go along with the diatribe spewing forth from these "representatives."  Make an issue of the signature line.  I don't care.  Turn me in as a subversive if you like.  I don't care.  I will continue to disagree with those who think the nanny state is all knowing and want their entitlements.  I too am a concerned Father and Grandfather.  But I teach mine how to defend themselves.  The older ones know guns, know safety and know freedom.  The younger ones will learn.

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2011, 07:01:18 PM »
this was one nut case....that's it, nothing else...look how he transformed from the first pictures they showed us, where he looked like a young willie ames, into what he is today....society did not do this, gun laws did not do this, political rhetoric did not do this, this ONE crazy person did this.
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2011, 07:04:55 PM »
Something else they learn from me.  Personal Responsibility.  It is not the fault of others for choices they make.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2011, 01:39:37 AM »
and that is a big cause of the problems we have today matrs. too many refuse to take responsibility for their actions and that also includes paying their own way. too many want to play the victim and live off the government handouts. what you and many of us live is becoming a rarety in todays society. when nobama says the extension of unemployment benefits helps the economy, what incentive is there for anyone to want to succeed?

rep clyburn has called for a new fairness doctrine and gun restrictions.

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2011, 03:38:48 AM »
this was one nut case....that's it, nothing else...look how he transformed from the first pictures they showed us, where he looked like a young willie ames, into what he is today....society did not do this, gun laws did not do this, political rhetoric did not do this, this ONE crazy person did this.

Is it just me, or does this guy look like a young Uncle Fester?

Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2011, 01:50:11 PM »
Only worse