Author Topic: Prosecutor Office Press Releases  (Read 22856 times)

Offline kevinhillman

• View Profile
Prosecutor Office Press Releases
« on: January 12, 2011, 05:42:37 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

PRESS RELEASE
1/11/11

Kevin Hillman, Pulaski County Prosecuting Attorney announces that charges have been filed against John Davis-Raikes for the Christmas Day shooting of a Labrador Retriever named Lillie in Crocker with an air rifle or pellet gun.  The charges filed are property damage, a class D felony, animal abuse, a class A misdemeanor, and armed criminal action, an uncategorized felony.

This case was investigated by the Crocker Police Department. 

The Prosecutor’s Office reminds everyone that these charges are merely an accusation and this individual remains innocent until proven guilty.

Please direct all questions to Kevin Hillman, Pulaski County Prosecuting Attorney.
Follow me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/kevinshillman

Offline kevinhillman

• View Profile
Re: Prosecutor Office Press Releases
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 05:44:25 AM »
PRESS RELEASE
1/11/11

Kevin Hillman, Pulaski County Prosecuting Attorney announces that the following individuals were charged with crimes in the past week by the Pulaski County Prosecutor’s Office:

• John Luscomb, Jr., Careless and Imprudent Driving, a class A misdemeanor, for an incident occurring on October 22, 2010.  This case was investigated by the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department.
  •    Cory Barton, possession of a controlled substance, a class A misdemeanor, for an incident occurring on October 31, 2010.  This is case was investigated by the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
  • Raymond Haney, Leaving the Scene of a Motor Vehicle Accident, a class A misdemeanor, for an incident occurring on June 11, 2010.  This case was investigated by the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department.
  • Dennis Shattuck, Driving While Revoked, for an incident occurring on December 29, 2010.  This is case was investigated by the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
  • David Anderson, Driving While Intoxicated (2nd) and Driving While Revoked, both class A misdemeanors, for an incident occurring on January 6, 2011.  This case was investigated by the St. Robert Police Department.
  • Christopher Harris, Possession of a Controlled Substance, a class D felony, for an incident occurring on October 23, 2009.  This case was investigated by the Dixon Police Department.
  • Chelsea Sherman, Possession of a Controlled Substances, a class D felony, for an incident occurring on October 23, 2009.  This case was investigated by the Dixon Police Department.
  • Theresa White, Forgery, a class C felony, for an incident occurring on June 10, 2008.  This case was investigated by the St. Robert Police Department.
  • Michael Snelson, Driving While Intoxicated, a class B misdemeanor, for an incident occurring on July 30. 2010.  This case was investigated by the St. Robert Police Department.
  • Kimonte Cook, Inhalation of Solvent Fumes, a class B misdemeanor, for an incident occurring on December 1, 2010.  This case was investigated by the Waynesville Police Department.
  • Joseph Bean, Fraudulent Use of a Debit Device, a class A misdemeanor, for an incident occurring on December 7, 2010.  This case was investigated by the Dixon Police Department.
  • Michael Clegg, Leaving the Scene of an Accident, Driving While Intoxicated, and Careless and Imprudent Driving, class D felony and class A misdemeanors, for an incident occurring on December 6 and 7, 2010.  This case was investigated by the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
  • Jimmy Mitchem, Domestic Assault, a class A misdemeanor, for an incident occurring on March 28, 2010.  This case was investigated by the Waynesville Police Department.
  • Lawanda Hyde, Driving While Revoked, a class A misdemeanor, for an incident occurring on December 16, 2010.  This case was investigated the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department.
  • Danny Simpson, Driving While Intoxicated (2nd), a class A misdemeanor, for an incident occurring on August 6, 2010.  This case was investigated by the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
  • Joshua Wells, Driving While Intoxicated (2nd), a class A misdemeanor, for an incident occurring on December 4, 2010.  This case was investigated by the St. Robert Police Department.
  • Auston Bradstreet, Property Damage, a class D felony, for an incident occurring on October 18, 2010.  This case was investigated by the St. Robert Police Department.
  • David Davis, Possession of a Controlled Substance, a class C felony, for an incident occurring on December 4, 2010.  This case was investigated by the Waynesville Police Department.
  • Charles Pitts, Domestic Assault 2nd degree, a class C felony, for an incident occurring on January 6, 2011.  This case was investigated by the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department.
  • Justin Clark, Unauthorized Use of a Weapon, a class C felony, for an incident occurring on October 11, 2009.  This case was investigated by the Crocker Police Department.
  • Jessica Thomas, Unauthorized Use of a Weapon, a class C felony, for an incident occurring on October 11, 2009.  This case was investigated by the Crocker Police Department.
  • Aaron Zachary, Domestic Assault in the 1st Degree, for an incident occurring on January 7, 2011.  This case was investigated by the St. Robert Police Department.
  • John Davis-Raikes, Animal Abuse, a class A misdemeanor, Property Damage, a class D felony, and Armed Criminal Action, an uncategorized felony, for an incident occurring on December 25, 2010.  This case was investigated by the Crocker Police Department.
  • Edward Hicks, Passing Bad Checks, a class C felony.
  • Destinee Lake, Passing Bad Checks, a class A misdemeanor.
  • Natasha Knock, Passing Bad Checks (3 counts), all class A misdemeanors.
  • Sylvia Hudson, Passing Bad Checks, a class C felony.
  • Eric Therkelson, Passing Bad Checks, a class A misdemeanor.
  • Heather Massey, Passing Bad Checks, a class C felony.
  • Greg Carney, Passing Bad Checks, a class A misdemeanor.
  • Asia Swain, Criminal Non-Support, a class A misdemeanor.
  • Daniel Rathburn, Criminal Non-Support, a class D felony.
  • Jamie Fischer, Criminal Non-Support, a class D felony.

The Prosecutor’s Office reminds everyone that these charges are merely an accusation and these individuals remain innocent until proven guilty.

Please direct all questions to Kevin Hillman, Pulaski County Prosecuting Attorney.
Follow me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/kevinshillman

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 08:18:21 AM »
Looks like you are off to a running start Kevin!
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 11:02:33 AM »
New prosecutor charges 33 people, some in cases dating back to 2008

Kevin Hillman
New prosecutor charges 33 people, some in cases dating back to 2008
PULASKI COUNTY, Mo. (Jan. 12, 2011) — Pulaski County Prosecutor Kevin Hillman announced Wednesday that 33 people were charged with crimes in the past week. Some people named on this list may not yet have appeared before a judge for a preliminary hearing at which they will have the opportunity to plead guilty or innocent to the charges. Many of the cases involve old incidents, in some case dating back more than two years. The oldest case involves a June 2008 forgery investigated by St. Robert police; other old cases include two drug cases dating back to October 2009 investigated by Dixon police and two felony weapons charges dating back to the same month investigated by Crocker police. Seven other charges from 2010 involve incidents from October or earlier. The list also includes nine undated bad check charges against seven different people and three criminal nonsupport charges against different people, all also undated. Click here to read more on Pulaski County Daily News ...
By Darrell Todd Maurina
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 01:17:40 PM »
Love the press release Keven! keep up the good work!!

Offline ScarlettsMommy

• LOLOL!!11!1?!one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 03:14:16 PM »
He's done more in a week than Hooper did in her whole stint as County "Prosecutor". :) ;)
I'm secretly frying your brain cells!

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 03:15:45 PM »
Way to go Kevin.

Offline merrywhiterose

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 04:07:10 PM »
You have to be careful with over-eager Prosecuting Attorneys. Some just like to prosecute as many as they can, w/o regard to whether they are guilty or not. When a PA prosecutes, the judge usually falls in their favor and tends not to listen to both sides.

Offline Hi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 04:20:07 PM »
He's done more in a week than Hooper did in her whole stint as County "Prosecutor". :) ;)

support that with facts.........or research before you type.  My question is what happened to case number 1 for the year?  Case net just basically skips case number 1.

Offline Nanna

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 08:10:47 PM »
this is to HI
who died and made you boss of this board?  everyone has a right to their own opinion.

Offline Hi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2011, 08:44:20 PM »
because fact owns opinion........its a fact that your opinion is false. there I cleared it up for you.  and Im still trying to figure out what happened to case number 1 form this year.....it just doesnt seem to exist.

Offline Sheriff J. B. King

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, 08:54:19 PM »
The circuit court of Pulaski County had 1,111 cases filed into the circuit in 2010. A part of those are change of venue's from other counties. Fact.
JB

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2011, 08:54:42 PM »
Perhaps because it hasz been disposed of.  Fact, eveyone is entitled to post on this board.  Fact one opinion is good as the next.  Fact, you have no iota of an idea how many people were not prosecuted due to ineptitude and apathy by the former prosecutor.   Fact, Nanna has the right idea with the way to deal with your high and mighty attitude.  Fact, if you have an opinion, let me know so I can let you know what that opinion is.  Hi, if you fail to agree with MY oipinion, then you are WRONG.  Or might you be Winstion in disguise?

Offline Hi

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2011, 09:09:23 PM »
The circuit court of Pulaski County had 1,111 cases filed into the circuit in 2010. A part of those are change of venue's from other counties. Fact.
JB

and my point to her or him is did kevin file 1,111 cases this week?  If not then her opinion isnt fact and shes just bad mouthing someone for no other reason than she doesnt like hooper, which probably isnt wise anymore considering shes not a public official.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2011, 09:19:23 PM »
NOthing wrong with criticizing her lackluster performance while she was in office.  At 33 cases per week, that is 1716 cases and not including change of venue cases.  your next fact?

Offline Hi

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2011, 09:22:29 PM »
Perhaps because it hasz been disposed of.  Fact, eveyone is entitled to post on this board.  Fact one opinion is good as the next.  Fact, you have no iota of an idea how many people were not prosecuted due to ineptitude and apathy by the former prosecutor.   Fact, Nanna has the right idea with the way to deal with your high and mighty attitude.  Fact, if you have an opinion, let me know so I can let you know what that opinion is.  Hi, if you fail to agree with MY oipinion, then you are WRONG.  Or might you be Winstion in disguise?     Fact, eveyone is entitled to post on this board ---this is true     Fact one opinion is good as the next-false, when opinions can be disproved with fact      Moral of my original post and the ones that followed.  If you have an opinion and your opinion can be disproved by actual facts, and you still stand by that opinion, then your opinion is nothing but stupid words coming from a stubborn, ignorant person.                     

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2011, 09:27:10 PM »
Hi, y o uhave no facts to back you up.  At the rate he is going, he can have 1716  cases this year not including change of venue.  So let's just say he is on track to go well beyond the previous prosecutor.  So curb the ignorance and the bluster.  It does not become you.  My previous was sarcasm and you seem to not be able to recognize that.  Is ignorance really bliss?  Please let us know.

Offline Hi

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2011, 09:43:06 PM »
Now your just adding stuff to the argument to disagree with me.  Nowhere did she or he ever say is on pace to file more.  In case you didnt get the internet usage memo waaaay back in the 90's, sarcasm on the internet is not easily recognizable.

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2011, 09:55:06 PM »
You have to be careful with over-eager Prosecuting Attorneys. Some just like to prosecute as many as they can, w/o regard to whether they are guilty or not. When a PA prosecutes, the judge usually falls in their favor and tends not to listen to both sides.

I can assure you he is not as you described "over-eager". He is thorough and complete and will file charges in accordance to the law.
Women are Angels

And when someone breaks our wings....

We simply continue to fly.........on a broomstick...

Because we are flexible like that

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2011, 09:56:45 PM »
And you know this after a whopping 12 days?

I can assure you he is not as you described "over-eager". He is thorough and complete and will file charges in accordance to the law.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2011, 09:59:17 PM »

Actually I do, I have a little more insight than you might.
Women are Angels

Offline Hi

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2011, 10:05:20 PM »
So whats you unique insight into the dissapearance of case number 1 then?  Bet you wont say.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2011, 10:12:15 PM »
LOL...

So whats you unique insight into the dissapearance of case number 1 then?  Bet you wont say.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2011, 10:13:20 PM »

Oh i have no idea about that.... Why are you so concerned with case number 1 anyway?  Does it involve someone you know or you?  If you call the office I'm sure that your questions will be answered.
Women are Angels

Offline Hi

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2011, 10:19:28 PM »
Oh I already know Im just wondering why it hasnt made its rounds yet unlike every little thing our previous prosecutor did.

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2011, 10:52:41 PM »
Must be some sore Hooper fans out there. Family and friends who no longer recieve a break I would suppose. Of course I have no facts to back this.....................Just My Opinion.
Biscuit

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2011, 10:55:49 PM »
Also His Charge list is leftovers from Hooper. Should have already been done.
Biscuit

Offline merrywhiterose

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2011, 11:33:06 PM »
I just don't care for Prosecuting Attorneys who prosecute anyone they can, just so their numbers are up. I do not know if this is the case, but I certainly hope not.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2011, 12:40:06 AM »
I just don't care for Prosecuting Attorneys who prosecute anyone they can, just so their numbers are up. I do not know if this is the case, but I certainly hope not.

That doesn't make sense.  "anyone they can" wouldn't that mean, anyone who is accused of committing a crime?  I don't know much about the legal process, but I do believe that all the people who are charged, are believed to have committed a crime.  If you are opposed to people who are accused of crimes being taken to court to prove their innocence or to be proven guilty, what do you think we should do with them?

I thought that is what we elected the prosecutor to do, get the people off the streets who have committed a crime.  The only way to do that, is to take them to court to prove they committed the crime.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2011, 12:51:51 AM »

I do.  He was my neighbor and I have more insight about him than most here.  He is taking up the job at hand and cleaning up the mess left by the previous person in office.  And he is very meticulous about his job.  He will not prosecute just to get numbers up.  He will and does follow the law.