Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Attack of the Texas Road Potholes  (Read 8731 times)

Offline stephensfam

• Lurker
  • Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
Attack of the Texas Road Potholes
« on: January 28, 2011, 02:22:59 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Life is what you make of it, Not what you let it make you.
                                    ~ So Live, Laugh, Love, & Learn ~

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
Re: Attack of the Texas Road Potholes
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 03:27:16 AM »
Popped a brand new tire on Texas Road coming up the hill today.   :anger:
Do you know if we could make a movie out of this?
Remember "ATTACK OF THE KILLER TOMATO'S"
After see your avatar photo you can be the star, your hot  ;D

Funniest Geico Pothole Impression; Ur tires all flat 'n junk.
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline I have no username

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 01:47:32 PM »
take the bill to the county.

oh yeah....please fill in the holes....i dont care if its dirt, chat, or cold pack.  Temp relief is better than nothing
Μολὼν λαβέ

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline cenwoman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 07:30:08 PM »
I like the unique way Texas road has solved it's own speeding issue. If a car goes to fast the road just swallows it whole.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 08:01:51 PM »
ROFL!!

I like the unique way Texas road has solved it's own speeding issue. If a car goes to fast the road just swallows it whole.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 02:57:52 AM »
its definitely a crapshoot. Dodge a hole.......Hit a car , hit the hole and head to china. Some of those holes are huge. anybody know anything about the car that hit a tree and still setting there with police tape all over it?
Biscuit

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 02:41:28 PM »
they were trying to move it when i went home from work yesterday, but it's still there this morning. how did they do that?
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 10:42:11 PM »
its still there today
Biscuit

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 10:43:10 PM »
Thanks to whoever patched the holes...That was fairly quick compared to normal
Biscuit

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2011, 03:53:21 PM »
probably didn't want to pay for any tires or cars!

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2011, 08:09:35 PM »
Could it be the new commissioner listens more to his constituents complaints and does something about it. 
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2011, 08:24:00 PM »
Could it be the new commissioner listens more to his constituents complaints and does something about it. 

Not exactly, there is no new commissioner on the Eastern side. But I asked Commissioner Farnham just what he had to work with on his side of the county and here is his response;

"We have 9 workers and 1 supervisor on each side (east and west) the east side has 4 one ton trucks with spreaders and plows and 1 one ton truck with just a plow this is the newest truck just purchased last week.
We have 5 motor graders on the east side and we take care of over 300 plus miles of road."

Ok, that is the anti-snow force that the county sends out to do battle with our roads. Any body else get the idea they are out numbered and out gunned by the enemy snow and ice? And mud and drainage, and bridges and .........

JB

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2011, 08:49:21 PM »
Yeah I knew that Mr. Newkirk is not the commissioner for that part of the county, but I was under the impression that as the "county commissioner" he has some say in all parts of the county.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2011, 10:17:36 PM »
Yeah I knew that Mr. Newkirk is not the commissioner for that part of the county, but I was under the impression that as the "county commissioner" he has some say in all parts of the county.

By statute the division of labor for the commissioners is eastern and western both have the roads in their half and vote on other general matters before the commission. The presiding has the county budget, grounds, and buildings under his work load along with general votes on other matters and of course running the meetings.
JB

Offline casca197

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2012, 01:31:15 PM »
Who do we thank for the outstanding job of patch work that was done on part of Texas road? Whoever you are, you guys are awesome. I would have never guessed that trained monkeys knew how to work on roads.

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2012, 03:31:36 AM »
No monkeys working for the east side. The kick ass and geter done. I know I live here.
If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!

Offline casca197

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2012, 12:51:19 PM »
If Texas road falls under the East side, then I wouldn't say the kick ass. The road is in horrible condition and they continue to do patch work only. Wasting money on sub-par work.

Offline fumbled

• KC Chiefs Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2012, 06:10:30 PM »
So who did the Mickey Mouse patch job. At least before we knew where to dodge the holes, now it's almost like there is no smooth surface to get on. Patch would have been great if they hadn't run a tractor tire over the patch right after they did it, now it's like permanent speed bumps the entire length of the road. I can see where I tire can pop. If the county is refusing to fix their roads correctly, why don't they just tear out the asphalt and make it dirt again? Dirt roads seem to get better attention than the asphalt roads.

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2012, 07:56:05 AM »
lol glad to be out of there. the road Im on now is dirt......though the dirt covers my cars and plants Im much more satisfied with the service. road grated every month, and clean of potholes.  if Texas rd goes back to dirt...it will be enjoyable
Biscuit

Offline debhake

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2012, 01:12:24 PM »
I would be glad to see Texas Road and Misty Mountain gravel again.  Lot cheaper to wash a car than to replace tires.

Offline I have no username

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2012, 06:45:52 PM »
Im going to disagree on dirt roads.  Drive slowly.  I have two cars that are not dirt road compatible.  I dont like the rough roads any more that anyone else but it we dont drive like maniacs we have time to manuver. 
Μολὼν λαβέ

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline missouriguy

• Just a guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2012, 12:58:19 AM »
Driving down gravel roads seems to cut my tires alot. I have had to buy so many tires it is sickening. I vote black top
Live your life and I`ll live mine

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2012, 01:36:07 AM »
The reason you get more flats on the dirt roads down in pulaski county is because of the rocks in the roads, when they grade the roads they break the rocks and those rocks then have some very sharp edges.  Driving a rural mail route i had to deal with that on a constant basis.  I had to go to 6 ply tires to cut down on the amount of flats i would get.  And i would have more when the roads where graded.  I would go thru a set of six ply tires a year running part time on the route i worked in pulaski county.  Now i get a year out of a set of 10 ply tires here work im working full time.  But the dirt roads up here dont have the rocks in them like pulaski county, and they dont grade the roads here that often either. 

Offline casca197

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2012, 03:30:06 PM »
Taking the road back to dirt would be wasting money. When they go to patch the road, just do it in a complete section. This patching here and there does nothing but make the road more uneven. When they do patch they need to either roll the asphalt of use a tamper to pack it down. I think that the contractors who are selling and building homes should establish a well designed road prior to the county assuming charge of them, failure to do so would require the contractor to either bring the road to a specific standard or be responsible for the upkeep of the road. Just because you live in the county, their shouldn't be different quality standards.

Offline casca197

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2012, 02:42:28 PM »
Well it looks like they plan on doing some work on texas road next week. Anyone want to take bets that it will look about the same. I think they will attempt to widen it, put down new asphalt, fail to use a roller to make it smooth, allow cars to pack it down and it will wind up just as rough as it is now.

Offline casca197

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2012, 01:41:23 PM »
Day one of road repair, no signs of life, maybe the weather kept the creatures in their homes. Hoping for a sighting today, keeping  fingers crossed.