Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: What is Wrong with Our AG?  (Read 4027 times)

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
What is Wrong with Our AG?
« on: February 01, 2011, 12:00:17 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Offline David Day

• View Profile
Re: What is Wrong with Our AG?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 01:31:29 AM »
That is a question for the AG, both the House and Senate have passed official Resolutions asking him to, but his is the position that must do it.

Dave
Political Website:  www.StateRepDay.com
Back Roads Recording:  www.backroadsrecording.com
Band Website:  www.MFNband.net
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/RepDay

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 02:11:20 AM »
He and the Governor have it in for this state I guess.  They just can't get past the glare of the light spread by the big O. 

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 06:27:28 PM »
I have a "long-shot" political theory and to make it work the AG has to join the lawsuit...or at least that is the most likely way.  I would not doubt he will join it within the next 2 weeks or so.  Time will tell.

Dave

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 02:14:54 AM »
Looking like my "long shot" idea might not be such a long shot.  I am told the AG will be joining the lawsuit in a few weeks.  We will see if it is true, but I am sure it is.

Interesting things going on in JC.

Dave

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 09:47:19 AM »
Hell yeah its unconstitutional. We need affordable and equal healthcare.......Not expensive and who has money gets it and the rest dont. Too many folks die simply because they cant afford to live..........Shouldnt be that way.
Biscuit

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 12:02:48 AM »
I have a "long-shot" political theory and to make it work the AG has to join the lawsuit...or at least that is the most likely way.  I would not doubt he will join it within the next 2 weeks or so.  Time will tell.

Dave

Took a little longer than I thought it would, but looks like what I thought was going to happen is going to.  http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/12/us/politics/12missouri.html?_r=2&hpw   

Dave

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011, 03:55:43 AM »
Question. If it unconstitutional to make someone buy health insurance, how can they make us buy auto insurance?

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2011, 04:12:14 AM »
Question. If it unconstitutional to make someone buy health insurance, how can they make us buy auto insurance?
Chas there not making you buy It, They are just making sure you don't drive without It.
But if you want you can still get sick without health care.
This is where you say "well Duh"   LOL
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2011, 04:22:52 AM »
You can drive without insurance. Just don't get caught, kinda like don't get sick. There is going to be a high price to pay either way.

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2011, 09:50:58 AM »
What Maynard posted is the situation.  Driving is a privilege that must be earned (by passing a test) and a part of that privilege is the requirement to have insurance.  It is also an option, I have friends who live in large cities that have never had or needed a drivers license who are in their 30s.  The same can't be said for health insurance, if you are going to be alive you are required to have it.  That is the argument.

Dave

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2011, 11:42:50 AM »
Has car insurance always been a requriement? It may be I don't know. So driving is a privilage but going to the doctor isn't.  Wearing seatbelts have not always been law. There are things government can and does require people to do have. I'm not saying that the bill is the  right way to handle it but we do need something. It should be better then a person loses everything. Until this goes the US Supreme Court there will not be a answer.

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2011, 12:02:36 PM »
Mandatory car insurance in Missouri went into effect probably about 12-15 years ago (working from memory but I think something like that).

The bottom line is Chas, according to the argument against the Health Care Bill, the government does not have the right to mandate you buy a product.  You can live without driving, if you want to drive you decide to buy the product (car ins).  Wearing seatbelts is not a purchase, that is a safety requirement and in MO not even a primary law.  It’s also worth noting that if your car is old enough that it is not equipped with seatbelts, you are not required to install them or use them.

You can go to the doctor without health insurance, going to the doctor does not require insurance be bought, only payment for the service.  You also have the right to decide to go or not go…another decision the individual can make. 

The Health Care Bill, according to those that make this argument, requires you to buy a product if you are alive, that is unlike any other government requirement for living that I am aware of.  We all decide not to do things because of cost, to some that might be driving...but there is no way around the health care bill expense.  Many question that if the government can require you to buy health insurance, then what can they require you to buy next, a fair question since we all know that no matter what party is running federal government, it almost never gets less intrusive.

I am not going to get in a debate about the issue, this may be something that folks want to contact the AG’s Office about if they are upset, I am just saying that is the argument against it and why there is a difference between this requirement and others that many compare to it.

Lastly Chas you are correct...the courts will make the final decision on this.  I think the AG's move on this has little to do with the Health Care issue and more about his future, which is what I said in my first post on this.  It was a longshot theory but this had to happen for it to come true, I think folks will know what this is all about in coming months, and it might surprise a few.

Dave

Offline Auctioneer Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2011, 09:18:29 PM »
Has car insurance always been a requriement? It may be I don't know. So driving is a privilage but going to the doctor isn't.  Wearing seatbelts have not always been law. There are things government can and does require people to do have. I'm not saying that the bill is the  right way to handle it but we do need something. It should be better then a person loses everything. Until this goes the US Supreme Court there will not be a answer.
Missouri has a "financial responsibilty requirement" You do not have to have "car insurance" You have to have proof of financial responsibility. This could be a cash bond to show financial responsibility.
The Health Care bill requires one to have "insurance."
Warren Buffet, Bill Gates and others don't need "health insurance" they have the $$$ to pay for their medical care. That's why this "Obamacare" as some call it is wrong.
That's the way I understand it.

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2011, 01:33:54 AM »
In July of 1798, Congress passed – and President John Adams signed - “An Act for the Relief of Sick and Disabled Seamen.” The law authorized the creation of a government operated marine hospital service and mandated that privately employed sailors be required to purchase health care insurance. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2011, 09:45:41 AM »
Again, I am not debating it, that will be the job of the AG but I suspect they will say the difference is, you were not required to be a "privately employed sailor", so it was not a requirement of all citizens as the current Health Care Law is.  It was a requirement of doing that job which citizens had the right to choose to do or not do.

The current bill requires the purchase of health insurance no matter who you are, what you do, where you live, etc... if  you are an American citizen and are alive, you must have the product.  That I suspect will be the difference to the ones making the case against the bill.

Dave

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• Land Of The Free, Because Of The Brave
  • Riding Vertical Shiny Side Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2011, 03:45:48 PM »
If your seaman is disabled, you probably need health insurance.
Freedom Of Road Riders,
Protecting and informing riders in Missouri
www.midamericafreedomrally.com

Please watch out for Motorcycles on the road
The life you save might be mine

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2011, 01:27:24 AM »
I was pointing out that they can require a person to by insurance. As I said early until this goes to the supreme court we wont have a answer.  The government can require people to by insurance as the price of doing business. Why  not require people to buy insurance as the price of you may get sick. Truth be told I'm not a 100 % behind the bill but something should be done about insurance that it doesn't cost the same as a nice house payment. 

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2011, 01:34:49 AM »
I was pointing out that they can require a person to by insurance. As I said early until this goes to the supreme court we wont have a answer.  The government can require people to by insurance as the price of doing business. Why  not require people to buy insurance as the price of you may get sick. Truth be told I'm not a 100 % behind the bill but something should be done about insurance that it doesn't cost the same as a nice house payment.
Say 'by' to the Obamacare I won't "BUY" it.  :wink1a: 
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.