Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • nursejdavis: also the time is wayyy of its only 930 pm???
    March 14, 2019, 02:29:18 AM
  • nursejdavis: I am looking for a few Press Releases from Kevin Hillman that have disappeared.... not sure why they would be hidden from the public unless they contain narcs who have gotten their charges dropped for their cooperation. Seems the same Press Releases were also deleted from Facebook. Thanks for any help in locating these
    March 14, 2019, 02:24:50 AM
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM

Author Topic: the egypt mess  (Read 2492 times)

Offline fish

• View Profile
the egypt mess
« on: February 01, 2011, 03:52:22 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

It is more dangerous than many think. especially where the moslem brotherhood is concerned

Why We Should Fear the Moslem Brother(Chilling information)
americanthinker.com ^| January 31, 2011 | Karin McQullin

As we follow the unfolding story in Egypt, we are torn between hope and fear -- hope that democracy will gain a toehold and fear that the fundamentalist Moslem Brothers could take control of Egypt. Perhaps you have heard the Moslem Brothers are the oldest and largest radical Islamic group, the grandfather of Hezbollah, Hamas, and al-Qaeda.   What you haven't been told is this: the Moslem Brothers were a small, unpopular group of anti-modern fanatics unable to attract members, until they were adopted by Adolf Hitler and the Third Reich beginning in the 1930s. Under the tutelage of the Third Reich, the Brothers started the modern jihadi movement, complete with a genocidal program against Jews. In the words of Matthias Kuntzel, "[t]he significance of the Brotherhood to Islamism is comparable to that of the Bolshevik Party to communism: It was and remains to this day the ideological reference point and organizational core for all later Islamist groups, including al-Qaeda and Hamas."

(Excerpt) Read more at americanthinker.com ...

this is going to get very serious

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
Re: the egypt mess
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 03:44:05 PM »
Fish is absolutely right. There is a close linkage between Nazi Germany, the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, and the rise of the modern Islamic movement.

Prior to the foundation of the state of Israel, many Middle Eastern countries had sizeable Jewish minorities, which, because of a quite correct and biblical emphasis within Orthodox Judaism on the importance of literacy, education, and financial frugality, had come to a level of importance in the business and even government affairs of number of Middle Eastern countries all out of proportion to their small percentage of the population.

"Court Jews" existed far back into the early part of the Muslim rule of the Middle East. While it's true that development long predated the post-Ottoman colonization of North Africa by the French (Algeria), Italians (Libya) and British (Egypt) and of the division of what are now Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Iraq, and Syria into separate French and British control, as well as the effective subordination of Iran and Saudi Arabia to Western commercial interests, colonial and commercial interests combined to greatly elevate the role of educated Jewish commercial classes in both business and government life throughout the pre-World War II world of the Middle East.

We sometimes forget that many of the earliest battles of World War II were fought in North Africa when the German generals under Rommel tried to break through Egypt to reach the Suez Canal and the oil fields of the Middle East. Conquest and pacification of the Middle East was crucial to the long-term success of Hitler's ambitions; he knew he could not win World War II without an uninterrupted source of fuel. In those days the United States was still a massive producer of petroleum and was self-sufficient, but control of the Middle East would have given Hitler the ability to prosecute his war against the Soviet Union and Britain pretty much as long as necessary to win.

Hitler believed that by using the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, who had been expelled from his post by the British due to radical anti-Western sentiments, he could harness the ancient anti-Jewish roots of anti-Semitism that are inherent in Islam, combine it with jealousy against Jewish success, and turn it into a virulent anti-Western drive that would not only destroy Jewish communities in the Middle East but also destabilize colonial governments and make the local populations look to Nazi Germany as a liberator from Western powers.

The creation of the state of Israel, combined with decolonization, resulted in huge explusions or voluntary emigrations of Jewish residents of other Middle Eastern countries to Israel. While Hitler obviously failed in his efforts to rule Europe and the world, the anti-Jewish propaganda he unleashed in the Middle East was largely successful in leading the post-colonial governments of Middle Eastern countries to take aggressive and often violent actions to rid themselves of their Jewish populations.

The United States has been a backer of Israel since its founding. (I happen to believe that''s a major part of the reason for American success in the post-World War II world, but my theology is not especially relevant to my main point here.) The United States has also been an advocate of democracy and decolonization. The result, unfortunately, has been that democratic governments, when elected, have often turned out to be run by radical Islamic fundamentalists. That has put the United States in the difficult position of having to back dictatorial, authoritarian, and even monarchical regimes since the democratic alternative would be anti-American and anti-Israeli governments.

The reigns of monarchs like the King of Saudi Arabia and the Shah of Iran, as well as authoritarian rulers like Anwar Sadat and Hosni Mubarak in Egypt who followed Nasser in replacing the traditional monarchy of Egypt with the forms of a democracy without real elections, are quite different in many ways. What they all share is a real fear of the power of Islamic fundamentalism that has led them to back America despite its support for Israel, in the face of major opposition from their own people.

Democracy in Saudi Arabia will lead to a radical Wahabbist theocracy. We've already seen what happened when the Shah of Iran fell. Egypt is somewhat different because it has a long history of secular governments, a significant Christian minority with prominent governmental roles, and a fairly well-educated middle class. Unfortunately, the same could be said of Saddam Hussein's Iraq, and it is not at all clear that having high educational standards and a history of toleration of religious minorities is enough to prevent the takeover of Islamic radicals once a powerful ruler is removed from power.
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 06:17:50 PM »
there are more critical items to watch. the suez canal could be closed, greatly slowing the flow of oil. There is no doubt Israel is in increased danger of attack. Iran may have more of a nuclear capability than they say(surprise) El Baradei is not an improvement over mubarek. He is a stooge for iran and has said in recent interviews he doesn't believe iran is actually producing nuclear weapons. this virus is spreading, jordan's got rid of his cabinet and . there is unrest in tunisia, a synogogue was burned. There are many far reaching consequences to what is going on. but an interesting question is how much nobama knew before this happened and what did he do ? Egypt used to be a key ally, will that continue?

Offline Vado Del Rio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 07:03:24 PM »
What's more pathetic is our governments refusel to open up the exploration doors on oil, shale, and natural gas.  Thus far, wind is solar power is all that's tossed around.  I'm sorry, but wind and solar won't power a big rig to get goods to the market.  I wonder how many will run out and buy a Chevy Volt which gets 90 miles per charge?  Another government / GM failure...........

It appears that the middle east has us over a barrel and there's not a damn thing we can do about it.  Government intervention and inaction is what will eventually bring us to our knees.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 10:10:57 PM »
those electric cars are almost useless in this weather. the batteries run down faster. and what happens when you are in backed up traffic and the battery goes dead?

It makes absolutly no sense to not increase drilling here. especially with unemployment at 9.4 %. being more energy independent increases our security.

nobama simply does not care about the american people.

Offline Vado Del Rio

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 01:11:40 AM »
I sometimes wonder if our elected officials suffer from A.D.D. as a result of being media driven from one crisis to the next.  I've definitely had some brain farts over the years but clearly remember the Arab Oil Embargo of 73, gas lines of 79, gas at $4.00 in 08, etc. etc. etc.  We never seem to remain focused or committed to solutions until a crisis becomes a nightmare.  This situation in Egypt makes me wonder how much progress has been made with regard to our "comprehensive" energy strategy?  T. Boone Pickens has stated over and over that we could save an enormous amount of oil by systematically converting our big rig fleet to natural gas.  Have we pursued further natural gas exploration?  I suspect not. 

We clearly have an abundance of natural gas reserves but continue to make The U.A.E. rich by importing gas on massive LNG ships. 

We really need to WAKE UP and quit living in a world of HOPE and FANTASY.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 02:20:01 AM »
the problem is we know the problems and potential solutions. I would like to see the folks in dc make that same connection.