Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Who can I Bribe to get my roads plowed  (Read 7422 times)

Offline jeepguy

• View Profile
Who can I Bribe to get my roads plowed
« on: February 02, 2011, 01:59:24 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Not sure who is in-charge of plowing roads in the county, but for some reason Hunters Point is always left out, the last snow we has a couple weeks ago, we never had a plow show up, and so far nothing today either, you would think that a neighborhood that has over 500 homes and probably just as many townhouses and apartments and only one way of getting in and out of the neighborhood that the county would make it a point to plow our roads once in awhile. Call me crazy but if you added up all the tax money the county collects from this one neighborhood you would think it would'nt be missed. Any know who to call and complain too, or when the next commisioners meeting is.   :fight: $%$#@%^

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
Re: Who can I Bribe to get my roads plowed
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 02:51:49 AM »
call the courthouse and they will give you all the information you want.
Go ahead and blame me....Everyone else does

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 04:16:25 AM »
or hire someone with a truck/tractor and a blade~ we do our own driveway~

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 05:12:06 AM »
Ours are all county roads as well but never get plowed until days after regular traffic roads are well plowed.... I have no problem with that.  Main roads need to be in a good shape before they can even begin to deal with side streets.  I actually find it funny that you expected someone to be on your side road today when not even MODOT could keep up with I-44.  Seems a bit unrealistic to me.
Women are Angels

And when someone breaks our wings....

We simply continue to fly.........on a broomstick...

Because we are flexible like that

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 06:46:25 AM »
why bother plowing when it gets covered up as fast as ya do it~

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 02:20:28 PM »
Call me crazy but if you added up all the tax money the county collects from this one neighborhood you would think it would'nt be missed. Any know who to call and complain too, or when the next commisioners meeting is.   :fight: $%$#@%^

The next county commission meeting is Thursday at 9 a.m., if the weather allows them to meet. The next meeting after that is Monday at the same time.

You may want to review your tax bill; you'll find that the vast majority goes to the Waynesville R-VI School District, not anything related to county roads. Since you live in Hunter's Point, there is a special tax assessment for maintenance of the road, but it is not sufficient to even keep up with repairing the asphalt since oil costs have risen dramatically since your subdivision was created and there is no provision in your subdivision's road district to increase the amount of tax to keep pace with increasing costs.

Eastern District Commissioner Bill Farnham can provide you with additional details.
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline soso

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 03:20:05 PM »
we pay road and bridge taxes just like everyone else!
"Life should NOT be a  journey to the grave with the  intention of arriving  safely in  an attractive and well preserved body, but  rather to skid in   sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly  used up, totally worn  out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Author Unknown

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 04:06:10 PM »
Good thing you have a jeep!   

I do think they should at least plow the main road that goes in an out.

Wasn't it Hunter's Point where the woman was run over by her car when the big ice storm him several years ago.  She couldn't drive up her hill because of the road conditions.  My memory is vague but I think it had something to do with the road not being cleared.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2011, 04:25:03 PM »
I walked out to T Highway this morning.  Ice covered even though they did scrape it.  I am not going anywhere if I can help it.

Offline jeepguy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2011, 04:54:52 PM »
First of all I'm very very familiar with the HUD tax  I pay for hunters point, it is for road repair not plowing and the county never pays for the road repair in anyway. Second why would I pay someone to plow the roads that the county is responsible for that is why I pay my road and bridge taxes. The point I'm trying to make is that the county sucks at doing their job when it comes to plowing our neighborhood, MODOT had the road and the overpass plowed coming to our area. Waynesville and ST Robert were plowing their roads. I don't expect my roads to be plowed right away but at least send a plow the 3rd or 4th day, I mean come on they weren't even plowed at all the last time.   

Offline BigRedHouse

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2011, 05:40:43 PM »
I have to say..We did have a truck come by our place.  we were out shoveling and the driver tried to get as close to the driveway as possible.  he told me that he would do the driveway but he would get in trouble and lose his job...I totally understand that but did appreciate the fact that he got the street up to the edge. Sorry to all that are not getting the same service, but I had to throw out a good note for what happened.

Offline msheek

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2011, 08:17:10 PM »
Good thing you have a jeep!   

I do think they should at least plow the main road that goes in an out.

Wasn't it Hunter's Point where the woman was run over by her car when the big ice storm him several years ago.  She couldn't drive up her hill because of the road conditions.  My memory is vague but I think it had something to do with the road not being cleared.

Actually I believe the girl you are referring to was not weather related.  If my memory serves me right, she had leaned out of the vehice to either pick something up or look at something and fell out of the vehicle and it then ran over her.  That is if you are talking about the lady that passed away after being ran over by her own vehicle.  I remember it fairly well, as I was on scene that day.
If anybody knows MAYNARDS given name please PM me with it.  I will not tell who tells me!

Michael Sheek

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2011, 08:36:49 PM »
All I am asking is please anyone out driving on the county roads today to please watch out for the county workers that are working, I know that my husband is doing all he can do to clear off his route. Also if you see a grader pushing snow or one of the trucks with the blades on it try and get off the road and let them do what they need to do to get the road cleared. So many times while my husband has been out pushing snow some of these people actually wont give him the right away and think he should move out of their way. come on people get real you want the roads cleared then give them the room they need to get it done.

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2011, 09:28:23 PM »
I deliver mail in an area that has 4 different townships that maintain the dirt roads that i drive.  Only one will get out and work on the roads early in the morning after a snow fall.  He does a great job.  Two dont get out there unless they feel like it, and then only do a half ass job, and one of these is responsible for the roads that go by my mennonite customers. He doesnt like doing that section at all, because they use steel wheels on thier tractors.  I expect to find some 6 to 8 feet, if not larger snow drifts when i try two deliver the mail tomorrow.  Count yourself lucky the the county does your roads, i know i sure miss the guys that take care of the back roads of pulaski county

Offline jeepguy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2011, 01:42:40 PM »
HEADLINE NEWS: Day 5 and still no snow plow in hunters point, calls to the commisioners unanswered. More to follow

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2011, 01:55:33 PM »
HEADLINE NEWS: Day 5 and still no snow plow in hunters point, calls to the commisioners unanswered. More to follow

The county commissioners' phone number is 573.774.4701. You can ask for Brent Bassett, the county clerk. Bill Farnham is your Eastern District commissioner, but if you want to speak to someone when you call, Brent is there but Bill will be out of the office except during commission meetings.

I'm passing that on to make sure you're calling the correct number. Sometimes people call other numbers.
Darrell Todd Maurina

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2011, 02:58:57 PM »
Heck, they can't even get T Highway in decent travelling condition either.  Nothing but a sheet of ice there

Offline CrazedChris

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2011, 03:11:55 PM »
I have to say that I have no complaints with the grader service out here in Laquey, off of S 17.  The first snow we had I don't think it got done, but since then, it has gotten done pretty quickly.  Of course, doens't really matter since I can't get up my driveway...lol.

Offline fknarmyguyretired

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2011, 04:19:49 PM »
Hunters Point residents should invest in this

ROBOPLOW

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2011, 04:40:08 PM »
Heck, they can't even get T Highway in decent travelling condition either.  Nothing but a sheet of ice there

Matrsnot, I realize you know the difference between state and county highways, but for others reading this:

* Lettered and numbered highways (Hwy T, Y, Z, NN, AB, D, etc., or Hwy 133, Hwy 7, Hwy 17, Hwy 28) are part of the state road system and are maintained by the Missouri Department of Transportation. The county has nothing to do with their maintenance. Any problems on Highway T are MoDOT's problem.

* If your road has a green sign and is outside city limits, it is probably a county-maintained road. Call the county courthouse with questions or concerns.

* If your road has a white sign and is outside city limits, it is probably a private road. Either you own it or your developer owns it, and it needs to be plowed and maintained privately.

* Some cities (not all) use blue signs to indicate city-maintained roads. Call city hall with questions or concerns.
Darrell Todd Maurina

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2011, 04:44:22 PM »
I want one!!!
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2011, 05:15:45 PM »

Offline cenwoman

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2011, 06:18:00 PM »
I realize they have their hands full but the county missed the perfect chance to do something about Texas rd. Yesterday the hill was very slushy and really could have been cleaned up a lot. It was not touched and once again this morning there was a line of cars coming back down the hill backwards. That hill is dangerous and the county needs to really work on it when it snows. Everyday we have either waited at the top or the bottom while people either slid back down or were getting towed up the hill. I don't care about the wait, I do care about peoples safety.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2011, 06:41:15 PM »
I understand Darrell.  Problem is out western district commissioner doesn't seem to.  That highway is still a main thoroughfare for many commuters and has probably been scraped once. and the commissioiners DO exert some influence over priorities.   NOW is it a sheet of ice which as of this morning, had not been touched by MODOT with the exception of one time.  The commissioners need to get on the ball or there will be more mishaps out there.  Already seen quite a number out there.  Additionally, Hunters Point (which I do not live it) has always had a problem with city and county getting things done out there.  Hope soon, the citizens out there begin lawsuits to get those people to do their jobs in a timely and satisfactory manner.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2011, 06:19:25 PM »
Coming home from Dixon today on O highway ( think that is is, the one that goes to cave road then Y highway).  Behind a snow plow, had his blade down and nothing was happening, very little snow coming up, just a little, once in a while, on the side of the road, not the road, but the side of the road.  Waste of taxpayer money.  The road wasn't even snowy, had a little slush, that is all.  Why do they do that.  First, it is Saturday, so they are probably paying overtime.  Second, gas for those trucks can't be cheap.  Park it, wait till it snows again.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2011, 07:27:45 PM »
Ok Commissioners, if you are reading, then it it now time for your crews to get those side roads.  YOu have the extra funds coming form HRH now, so let;'s get to it.

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2011, 08:12:28 PM »
Coming home from Dixon today on O highway ( think that is is, the one that goes to cave road then Y highway).  Behind a snow plow, had his blade down and nothing was happening, very little snow coming up, just a little, once in a while, on the side of the road, not the road, but the side of the road.  Waste of taxpayer money.  The road wasn't even snowy, had a little slush, that is all.  Why do they do that.  First, it is Saturday, so they are probably paying overtime.  Second, gas for those trucks can't be cheap.  Park it, wait till it snows again.

are you sure that wasn't modot just getting from o hwy to y hwy
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

Offline msheek

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2011, 08:13:10 PM »
I have to say that I have no complaints with the grader service out here in Laquey, off of S 17.  The first snow we had I don't think it got done, but since then, it has gotten done pretty quickly.  Of course, doens't really matter since I can't get up my driveway...lol.

I don't want to hear it, you got out, only after I got stuck, dad got stuck, it only took 250 feet of chain and tire chains, but your out now.
Let the Redneck games begin!  Should have had video, might have won some money.
If anybody knows MAYNARDS given name please PM me with it.  I will not tell who tells me!

Michael Sheek

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2011, 09:05:54 PM »
are you sure that wasn't modot just getting from o hwy to y hwy

Nope, because he turned around on cave road and went back the other way on O.