Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Olympic Wrestler in AIT on the fort  (Read 2804 times)

Offline JuneBug67

• View Profile
Olympic Wrestler in AIT on the fort
« on: February 05, 2011, 04:31:20 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Went to the Army Combatative duel tonight and had a great opprotunity to meet Spencer Mango who represented the US in the 2008 olypics.  He has coached one of my boys in wrestling at Fargo for the national tournament for freestlye and grecco, Team Missouri.  Currently Spencer is ranked #1 in the US for Grecco Roman wrestling.  After he completes AIT he will be staioned at Fort Carson and be part of the Army World Class Athlete Program for wrestling. I might add he is a Missouri boy out of St. Louis.
There is NEVER a right way to do the wrong thing!

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
Re: Olypic Wretler in AIT on the fort
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 09:00:18 AM »
THIS PROVES IT  ;D
Typing and Drinking don't mix.
Just kidding Junebug.
try spell check next time.
Olypic Wretler??  :th_thmuwahaha-1: Bahahahahaha
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline JuneBug67

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 01:40:36 PM »
Maybe true, or just means I shouldn't post from my phone. :)

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 01:50:46 PM »
Maybe true, or just means I shouldn't post from my phone. :)

Ha! A techno nerd! I barely know how to post from my computer.

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 02:04:06 PM »
Thank you, JuneBug! Army policy is generally to avoid giving lots of media attention to people in training -- all that does is hurt the trainee by giving him "extra attention" from the DS, plus embarrassment if he doesn't make it through training for some reason including completely legitimate ones like breaking a leg in an accident -- but this is worth a lot of attention when he finishes AIT.

I will contact PAO later.

Regards,
DTM
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline JuneBug67

• View Profile
Re: Olympic Wrestler in AIT on the fort
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 03:04:37 PM »
Darrell, it must a Fort Leonard Wood policy. When we were stationed at Fort Jackson there was a female athlete that went through basic and AIT there. When she was in AIT there was an article in the post newpaper about her, with interviews.

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 04:34:01 PM »
Darrell, it must a Fort Leonard Wood policy. When we were stationed at Fort Jackson there was a female athlete that went through basic and AIT there. When she was in AIT there was an article in the post newpaper about her, with interviews.

Hi, Junebug... much depends on circumstances. The practice is DOD-wide and it's intended to protect the trainee from distractions and unwanted attention, but exceptions can and do happen. There's also a major difference between on-post media intended to be read primarily by fellow soldiers and off-post media.

Obvious examples include professional sports players who enlist or sons/daughters of political leaders who enlist. When the son of the Chicago mayor decided, after finishing his MBA, to enlist in the Army as an E-4, the media went wild and pretty much demanded interviews. The son finally agreed to do two interviews, one with a TV station and one with a print newspaper, and in both cases with reporters with whom he had a prior relationship. The argument used by the Army to allow this was basically as follows:

1) the son most emphatically was **NOT** a gloryhound seeking publicity, and in fact had tried unsuccessfully to avoid the media,

2) the publicity was going to happen anyway no matter what the Army did,

3) the Army decided that giving the media the opportunity to interview this particular trainee would do nothing to hurt his training -- after all, every one of his drill sergeants and fellow trainees already knew his name was Daley and was the son of the Chicago mayor, and many knew he not only had a college education but also an MBA, and

4) under these circumstances, the Army decided the public relations benefits and recruitment advantages outweighed any harm to the trainee, who had lived his entire life in the public eye and didn't have any problem with drill sergeants and fellow trainees giving him "extra attention" due to getting media attention.

I'll contact PAO and see what if anything they can set up.

This story deserves more than local attention -- somebody in public affairs should call Sports Illustrated and the sports editors for the Kansas City Star and St. Louis Post Dispatch. However, that may have to wait until he finishes training, depending on what PAO decides.
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline JuneBug67

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 12:55:15 AM »
Just wanted to post a follow up with the Olypics around the corner, the young man that I posted about is going to the Olympics once again. Just think he went to AIT right here. He is such agreat guy and I am really excited to watch him wrestle once again for the USA. Here is a FB link you can scroll down a bit and see a pic of him.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/Flowrestling