Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Speeding Cops?  (Read 4633 times)

Offline fumbled

• KC Chiefs Fanatic
    • View Profile
Speeding Cops?
« on: May 24, 2011, 05:08:11 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

I'm only posting this, because this needs to stop. This morning I was on my way to work and a Waynesville City cop pulled out from behind me and another car and passed us at the traffic light by the Waynesville Hill and then took off flying low. I took a picture and then shot a video. Grant it I was speeding to catch up to him to get his plate number but couldn't catch up with him. He wasn't running his lights or siren. I have talked with the P.D. before on this issue and was told that "if I had a problem I could fill out a complaint form" and was promptly shown the door.

Waynesville police speeding

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
Re: Speeding Cops?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 05:44:02 PM »
Welcome to the double standard.

Offline Probie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 09:01:50 PM »
It would be hilarious if they gave you a ticket based of your evidence....   

Offline CrazedChris

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 10:01:17 PM »
In my opinion, people taking pics and videos while driving are just as, if not more, dangerous than a speeding cop.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 10:10:29 PM »
What drives me crazy is when I see an ambulance, police car or any vehicle with a siren and lights, use them to get through the traffic then turn them off.  Are they not supposed to use them if there isn't a lot of traffic. 
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline Probie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 10:22:20 PM »
You would be amazed how many time fire ems and police get cancelled enroute to calls...  Think about that next time you think they are just going thru traffic

Offline fumbled

• KC Chiefs Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 10:46:52 PM »
This particular person does this all the time as well as texts and smokes while driving. I only pulled out my cell phone when the cop did it for again this morning. Maybe now they will listen and take a step back and realize that this needs to stop, they are not above the law. If there is an emergency that you need to get to, activate your lights and siren and I will gladly pull over to the side of the road. But this was just dangerous. I also know who was in the car behind me and the driver was a kid with a learner's permit driving with his parent's. I will agree that texting and using a cell while driving is dangerous, but apparently this is what it takes to get their attention, then so be it.

Offline msheek

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 11:58:43 PM »
Busy, I will have to say that many times you are doing something that requires stealth and lights and siren are not used.  I am not saying that you should not slow down when doing so, but still you are in a hurry to get there before a suspect or subject disappears.  As your video shows, there does not appear to be many other cars on the road besides yourself and the officer and I am sure he or she is paying very close attention to what is going on around him.   I am not saying this is what was happening, but sometimes this is the same thing that happens when an officer or ambulance activates lights and siren at an intersection to go though and then shuts them back off.  There are many times in a ambulance that you should not use a siren because it could agitate the patient, and if you don't run a siren, then you don't run lights. 
By the way, could I have your address to cite you for speeding, and cite you for C&I for speeding while getting out the cell phone and turning on the camcorder on it, which I am sure you probably swerved while doing? lol
If anybody knows MAYNARDS given name please PM me with it.  I will not tell who tells me!

Michael Sheek

Offline petersam

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 12:04:03 AM »
Busy, thank you for this.  This happens so frequently in Richland and honestly, I'll be the first to lambast someone for driving with a cell phone out (seriously, it drives me insane to see that!) but you did what was necessary.  I really do not believe this was a stealth situation -- after all, how many of those is an officer responding to on any given day anyway.  And apparently, this is a PATTERN of behavior. 

I'm just about the worst person to be in a car with because I refuse to speed and I'm a total freak when it comes to obeying traffic laws.  But really, who's around to pull this guy over when you and I could be getting tickets for minor infractions so the city can rake in some dough?  Here's this guy, obviously breaking the law and getting away scott free while we all know, he'll be pulling over and ticketing someone throughout the course of his day for the very same thing.  Ridiculous.

Offline fumbled

• KC Chiefs Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 12:39:56 AM »
It wasn't for stealth, the cop went directly to the 911 center and parked.

Offline msheek

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2011, 02:40:29 AM »
And if he wrote you a ticket for going 50 when his radar actually showed 47 or 47 and a half which it wouldn't you would be upset about that as well.  Look I am not saying he is doing something wrong, I am not saying what he is doing is right, but I have to say that really you don't know what he is doing.  I have responded somewhere in a big hurry that to all appearances made it look like I was in a hurry to get to the store and do nothing.  While in all seriousness I was going to the store to get a kid out of a locked car.  Locked car is not a big deal with a kid trapped inside, unless you think about the time of day and the temperature outside. 

I actually agree with you that officers should not drive above the speed limit, just to be speeding, and in some instances there is no reason to speed going to a call, but please be aware of somethimes there are things going on that you are not aware of.

Believe it r not, there are more times than you might believe that there are calls that require stealth when you get close to where you are going.
If anybody knows MAYNARDS given name please PM me with it.  I will not tell who tells me!

Michael Sheek

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2011, 02:53:12 AM »
Is there anything you don't complain about?  My goodness.  That's about as nice as I can be right now.
Women are Angels

And when someone breaks our wings....

We simply continue to fly.........on a broomstick...

Because we are flexible like that

Offline Probie

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2011, 03:19:37 AM »
It wasn't for stealth, the cop went directly to the 911 center and parked.

Might as well add them to the blame i'm sure they did something to erk you also

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2011, 09:34:52 AM »
Well 911 is the emergency center.  Maybe the coffee was freshly brewed?  :th_police:  Stop worrying about others and worry about yourself.

Offline mikrzy55

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2011, 03:14:50 PM »
Awwww heck take all the pics & videos you want, nothing will change. Some officers are just as bad as anyone else, but you get what you get. I {unfortunately} have been transported by a couple different officers & most drove pretty good. But on the otherhand I did have one heck of a ride from Dixon, Jail to Pulaski Co. Jail {I guess I was gonna miss breakfast} But when your a prisoner who cares? I was handcuffed, shackled & in the back seat {not seat belted} So did I really want to tell him how to drive? We're never gonna have perfect LE, so we better accept what & who we have. It's still alot better than it was in the past!!!

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2011, 04:53:01 AM »
Couldnt be that He might have had a situation not requiring lights and siren due to obvious lack of traffic . Looks to me it was you and him on the hill. No need for lights and siren if theres no traffic. Dunno one way or the other, Just saying he may have had a situation and just didnt need to be in code do to lack of traffic
Biscuit

Offline DollarBill

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2011, 04:58:20 PM »
I dunno two sheriff's deputies went around me on the hill this morning about ten, like a bat outa you guess where, and later saw them sitting along side the road talking.    My phone don't take pics or I woulda, but on the other hand I don't know where or what they were up to cause didn't listen to the scanner so oh well.

$
I was alright . . .   I got over it.   
It takes 43 muscles to frown; 17 to Smile.
But Only 3 for a proper trigger squeeze....