Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • nursejdavis: also the time is wayyy of its only 930 pm???
    March 14, 2019, 02:29:18 AM
  • nursejdavis: I am looking for a few Press Releases from Kevin Hillman that have disappeared.... not sure why they would be hidden from the public unless they contain narcs who have gotten their charges dropped for their cooperation. Seems the same Press Releases were also deleted from Facebook. Thanks for any help in locating these
    March 14, 2019, 02:24:50 AM
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM

Author Topic: Sarah Palin claims Paul Revere warned the British  (Read 2126 times)

Offline 2CardJohnE

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
Sarah Palin claims Paul Revere warned the British
« on: June 04, 2011, 12:28:46 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Listen, my children, and you shall hear
Of Sarah Palin's account of Paul Revere.
Apparently the British were coming for his gun
So he saddled his horse and went out on the run.
"The Second Amendment! 'Tis law!" he cried,
Though the ink on the Constitution hadn't dried.
Actually, it's worse—the United States
Hadn't tested its mettle 'gainst the British—or Fates.
They were still in the process of defying King George
And hadn't yet wintered over at Valley Forge.
America was still part of jolly ol' Blighty,
With its weird, arcane laws and its monarch so mighty.
While the right to bear arms is a right some hold dear,
It wouldn't be law for sixteen more years.
That didn't stop Mrs. Palin, of course,
From spreading false tales about a guy and his horse.
He was one of a few dozen Revolutionary spies
Who handled disinformation, secrets and lies.
He wouldn't have shouted, "The British are coming,"
For a silent alarm would be much more becoming.
Also, though the tale makes the rebels sound skittish,
Revere and his compatriots were all British!
You can see by replacing the "British" part with "we're":
"We're coming! We're coming!" doesn't inspire much fear.
Mrs. Palin, if you want to sound good in the media,
Try doing some research—even look up Wikipedia.
In the meantime, please give up your presidential campaign
And leave it to a conservative with ideas—and a brain. Posted by: Dave Lieberman | June 03, 2011 at 04:11 PM

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2011/06/sarah-palin-claims-paul-revere-warned-the-british-that-they-werent-gonna-be-takin-away-our-arms.html
John Wayne said it best, "I may not have voted for him, but he is MY President

Offline fish

• View Profile
Re: Sarah Palin claims Paul Revere warned the British
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 02:36:20 AM »
didn't read the comments in your link?

"During Paul Revere’s ride he was stopped by British soldiers, which Revere recounts in a 1789 letter maintained by the Massachusetts Historical Society in his original language (emphasis mine):

Paul Revere's own words: "I observed a Wood at a Small distance, & made for that. When I got there, out Started Six officers, on Horse back,and orderd me to dismount;-one of them, who appeared to have the command, examined me, where I came from,& what my Name Was? I told him. it was Revere, he asked if it was Paul? I told him yes He asked me if I was an express? I answered in the afirmative. He demanded what time I left Boston? I told him; and aded, that their troops had catched aground in passing the River, and that There would be five hundred Americans there in a short time, for I had alarmed the Country all the way up. He imediately rode towards those who stoppd us, when all five of them came down upon a full gallop; one of them, whom I afterwards found to be Major Mitchel, of the 5th Regiment, Clapped his pistol to my head, called me by name, & told me he was going to ask me some questions, & if I did not give him true answers, he would blow my brains out. He then asked me similar questions to those above. He then orderd me to mount my Horse, after searching me for arms

Upon being stopped, did Revere, in essence, warn the British soldiers of the colonists’ plans? Yes. The strawmen built by the media seems to almost indicate that Revere rode through the streets warning the British soldiers. In actuality, simply put, Paul Revere told Regulars of the colonists’ plans during his attempt to warn the colonists of the Regulars approach (Revere actually said, “the Regulars are coming!”. The colonist still viewed themselves as British subjects at the time and would not have said, “the British are coming”.

from the Paul Revere Heritage Project:

The Redcoats had set temporary roadblocks as a security measure and on their way to Concord they encountered British soldiers. Prescott managed to escape; Revere was captured and Dawes tried to run away but was arrested shortly thereafter. The British held Revere and interrogated him with a pistol on his chest. He was asked about the plans of the militia and where they kept their ammunition. When asked where the Patriots were hiding he told them the truth and replied that they had 500 militiamen in Concord protecting them and 1500 coming. As they rode towards Concord he was told that if he tried to escape he would be shot.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2011/06/sarah-palin-claims-paul-revere-warned-the-british-that-they-werent-gonna-be-takin-away-our-arms.html

maybe do a bit more reading?
http://www.paul-revere-heritage.com/midnight-ride.html

the vultures have been trying to get at sarah, they missed, again

Offline 2CardJohnE

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 03:27:04 AM »
did you even watch the video fish?  do you know what a airhead is?    electing her would be just like electing Jessica Simpson.  At least palin might know chicken of the sea really aint chicken...might

Offline Racer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 05:10:54 AM »
Listen, my children, and you shall hear
Of Sarah Palin's account of Paul Revere.
Apparently the British were coming for his gun
So he saddled his horse and went out on the run.
"The Second Amendment! 'Tis law!" he cried,
Though the ink on the Constitution hadn't dried.
Actually, it's worse—the United States
Hadn't tested its mettle 'gainst the British—or Fates.
They were still in the process of defying King George
And hadn't yet wintered over at Valley Forge.
America was still part of jolly ol' Blighty,
With its weird, arcane laws and its monarch so mighty.
While the right to bear arms is a right some hold dear,
It wouldn't be law for sixteen more years.
That didn't stop Mrs. Palin, of course,
From spreading false tales about a guy and his horse.
He was one of a few dozen Revolutionary spies
Who handled disinformation, secrets and lies.
He wouldn't have shouted, "The British are coming,"
For a silent alarm would be much more becoming.
Also, though the tale makes the rebels sound skittish,
Revere and his compatriots were all British!
You can see by replacing the "British" part with "we're":
"We're coming! We're coming!" doesn't inspire much fear.
Mrs. Palin, if you want to sound good in the media,
Try doing some research—even look up Wikipedia.
In the meantime, please give up your presidential campaign
And leave it to a conservative with ideas—and a brain. Posted by: Dave Lieberman | June 03, 2011 at 04:11 PM

:th_thicon_super: :th_gen129:    ***(**&

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 12:07:32 PM »
As I have stated before, I am not a Palin fan and would not vote for her, but I read what she said differently.  I read it as she "told" the British that they weren't going to take away the arms.  I don't see anything wrong with here statement.  That's like you "telling/warning" a known killer that if he comes to your house, you are armed and he will not make it out alive.  Then when he comes you "warn" your family that he is there.  Revere "told/warned" the British that they would not take away the colonist guns.  He "warned" the colonist when the British were coming.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2011, 04:08:07 PM »
some are just ate up with PDS! LOL LOL she is driving the media nuts! They will pounce on any tidbit that can be twisted! LOL LOL that is all the media (and some on here) have? LOL LOL  let the tour continue! LOL LOL

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• Land Of The Free, Because Of The Brave
  • Riding Vertical Shiny Side Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 06:03:23 PM »
Really? we are back to this again. All I have read for two years is how bad Obama has done and how terrible the democrats are by the Republicans, and hve attacked every little stupid thing, and now, we are going to attack Palin over how it was interpeted in the history books about paul Rervere.
WHO CARES. Hell Bush screwed up history and the english language worse than any president ever.
I don't want to elect a person on what they know from the past, I want a erson who has a good head on their shoulder about the future of this country.
Of course in my honest opionion, Palin ain't it and neither is Obama. I have not seen anyone yet i would say that they will be a good president and fix all the issues yet.
Would love to see Colin Powell run, but that won't happen either.
Freedom Of Road Riders,
Protecting and informing riders in Missouri
www.midamericafreedomrally.com

Please watch out for Motorcycles on the road
The life you save might be mine

Offline SC Susie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 08:38:23 PM »
Really? we are back to this again. All I have read for two years is how bad Obama has done and how terrible the democrats are by the Republicans, and hve attacked every little stupid thing, and now, we are going to attack Palin over how it was interpeted in the history books about paul Rervere.
WHO CARES. Hell Bush screwed up history and the english language worse than any president ever.
I don't want to elect a person on what they know from the past, I want a erson who has a good head on their shoulder about the future of this country.
Of course in my honest opionion, Palin ain't it and neither is Obama. I have not seen anyone yet i would say that they will be a good president and fix all the issues yet.
Would love to see Colin Powell run, but that won't happen either.

I con concur on all points Taz
Who kept the faith and fought the fight;
The glory theirs, the duty ours.
~Wallace Bruce

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 12:08:50 AM »
I still don't see where she said anything wrong "he warned the British that they would not take away their (the colonist) weapons."  That's like you warning your child you are going to spank them if they don't behave.  "I'm warning you,  you are not going to like the consequences of your misbehaving."
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 01:13:49 AM »
I don't call what nobama has done and is doing to the country stupid.

It is still early, but herman cain is looking pretty good. michelle bauchman is another serious contender , when she announces.

Offline 2CardJohnE

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 02:42:49 AM »
I don't call what nobama has done and is doing to the country stupid.

It is still early, but herman cain is looking pretty good. michelle bauchman is another serious contender , when she announces.