Author Topic: Press Release-Sex Offenders Sentenced  (Read 2419 times)

Offline kevinhillman

• View Profile
Press Release-Sex Offenders Sentenced
« on: June 28, 2011, 04:09:57 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

PRESS RELEASE
6/27/11

Kevin Hillman, Pulaski County Prosecuting Attorney announces that two sex offenders received lengthy sentences today in the Circuit Court of Pulaski County. 

The first, Jeremy Hollon, of Springfield, Missouri, received a sentence of 30 years confinement in the Missouri Department of Corrections.  Mr. Hollon, who was a juvenile at the time certified to Circuit Court as an adult, pled guilty on July 5, 2006, to one count of statutory rape in the first degree and one count of statutory sodomy of the first degree.  At the time he was originally sentenced, he was remanded to the custody of Division of Youth Services until he turned 18 and then was released on probation in 2010.  After his release, Mr. Hollon failed to follow the terms and conditions of his probation and the Prosecutor’s Office filed a motion to revoke his probation, which Judge Mary Sheffield granted today, resulting in his sentence.

The second, Jami Hakim, of Waynesville, Missouri, was sentenced to 10 years confinement in the Missouri Department of Corrections.  On April 6, 2011, Mr. Hakim pled guilty to one count of child molestation in the first degree and was sentenced to 10 years in prison, with the execution of the sentence suspended.  Mr. Hakim failed to follow the terms and conditions of his probation and the Prosecutor’s Office filed a motion to revoke his probation, which Judge Tracy Storie granted today, resulting in his sentence.

“My office will take aggressive action against sex offenders, especially ones who fail to follow the terms and conditions of their probation.  These individuals represented what I believed to be a danger to our community and I am pleased that the Court agreed with my office’s assessment and sentenced them accordingly,” stated Pulaski County Prosecuting Kevin Hillman. “In prison, they will not be able to repeat their crimes against children.”

The cases were prosecuted by Assistant Prosecuting Attorneys Laura Kriebs and Ken Clayton. 

Please direct all questions to Kevin Hillman, Pulaski County Prosecuting Attorney.
Follow me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/kevinshillman

Offline ShowmeHillbilly

• Actions speak louder than words, U have 2 show me!
    • View Profile
Re: Press Release-Sex Offenders Sentenced
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 12:40:33 AM »
PRESS RELEASE
6/27/11

Kevin Hillman, Pulaski County Prosecuting Attorney announces that two sex offenders received lengthy sentences today in the Circuit Court of Pulaski County. 

The first, Jeremy Hollon, of Springfield, Missouri, received a sentence of 30 years confinement in the Missouri Department of Corrections.  Mr. Hollon, who was a juvenile at the time certified to Circuit Court as an adult, pled guilty on July 5, 2006, to one count of statutory rape in the first degree and one count of statutory sodomy of the first degree.  At the time he was originally sentenced, he was remanded to the custody of Division of Youth Services until he turned 18 and then was released on probation in 2010.  After his release, Mr. Hollon failed to follow the terms and conditions of his probation and the Prosecutor’s Office filed a motion to revoke his probation, which Judge Mary Sheffield granted today, resulting in his sentence.

The second, Jami Hakim, of Waynesville, Missouri, was sentenced to 10 years confinement in the Missouri Department of Corrections.  On April 6, 2011, Mr. Hakim pled guilty to one count of child molestation in the first degree and was sentenced to 10 years in prison, with the execution of the sentence suspended.  Mr. Hakim failed to follow the terms and conditions of his probation and the Prosecutor’s Office filed a motion to revoke his probation, which Judge Tracy Storie granted today, resulting in his sentence.

“My office will take aggressive action against sex offenders, especially ones who fail to follow the terms and conditions of their probation.  These individuals represented what I believed to be a danger to our community and I am pleased that the Court agreed with my office’s assessment and sentenced them accordingly,” stated Pulaski County Prosecuting Kevin Hillman. “In prison, they will not be able to repeat their crimes against children.”

The cases were prosecuted by Assistant Prosecuting Attorneys Laura Kriebs and Ken Clayton. 

Please direct all questions to Kevin Hillman, Pulaski County Prosecuting Attorney.

Mr. Hillman,
Why did the one get 30 years and the other get only 10??? The one who got 30 years was a child at the time and from what I understand the parents of the girl allowed him to date her? He admitted to having sex with her, he didnt deny it because they were dating and allowed to see each other at her house with her parents knowing it. The other guy molested a child and he only got 10?
I am by NO means justifying any form of rape or child molestation by my question but want to know why the sentences werent the same??
You never know how STRONG you are...until being strong is the ONLY choice you have.
Life Isnt about waiting for the storm to pass...Its about learning to dance in the rain.
Someday someone will walk into your life & make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else!

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 01:03:35 AM »

Mr. Hillman,
Why did the one get 30 years and the other get only 10??? The one who got 30 years was a child at the time and from what I understand the parents of the girl allowed him to date her? He admitted to having sex with her, he didnt deny it because they were dating and allowed to see each other at her house with her parents knowing it. The other guy molested a child and he only got 10?
I am by NO means justifying any form of rape or child molestation by my question but want to know why the sentences werent the same??

2 different Judges 2 different sentences.
Kevin's job is to prosecute not sentence.
But with all your law experence you knew that right?
Just picking at you girl__ so don't get pissed  :poke:   ;D :wink1a:
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline kevinhillman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 03:29:01 AM »
Different judges, multiple counts, different levels of crimes.  I don't want to go into a lot of details because of the victims in these cases, but the cases were different.  In both cases, the judges executed the full sentence that they were able to by law.
Follow me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/kevinshillman

Offline ShowmeHillbilly

• Actions speak louder than words, U have 2 show me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 04:58:49 PM »
Well your doing a heck of a job as the prosecuter have seen more in just a few months than we have in years!

And YES Maynard I do know this just hate seeing people not get the same sentences for the same crime. I think it should be the same around the board. To be honest I wish we could put them all on seperate islands clear out in the ocean! Then tax dollars arent paying for them and they are finding their own way to survive out of population. Heck we watch survivor and its popular, why cant the criminals do it? Just sayin.  (and I dont get pissed Maynard...I get even! LOL JK!)

Different judges, multiple counts, different levels of crimes.  I don't want to go into a lot of details because of the victims in these cases, but the cases were different.  In both cases, the judges executed the full sentence that they were able to by law.
You never know how STRONG you are...until being strong is the ONLY choice you have.
Life Isnt about waiting for the storm to pass...Its about learning to dance in the rain.
Someday someone will walk into your life & make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else!