Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: MSNBC 'Indefinitely' Suspends Mark Halperin For Calling Obama A "Dick"  (Read 5183 times)

Offline fish

• View Profile

Share/Bookmark

Offline stevem174

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
I don't have a problem with this. Too many people are showing disrespect to the Office of the President.   

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
So if we dont like our president we are just supposed to sit by and shut up-..????? thought this was a free country.
Biscuit

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
Show a little respect.  That's all.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
I respect the office, not the man.  He should be impeached and removed from office.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
For what?

I respect the office, not the man.  He should be impeached and removed from office.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline stevem174

• View Profile
So if we dont like our president we are just supposed to sit by and shut up-.. ??? ?? thought this was a free country.

Are you saying that you can't disagree with someone without disrespecting them?   

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
Violation of the War Powers Act to begin with.  Not only Libya, but Somalia.  Instead of stopping the wars he inherited, he has entered into at least two more.  Later, we may find he was involved in the conspiracy for Fast and Furious too along with his minion Holder.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
If Congress is claiming they don't know what's going on, then that is just stupid.

Violation of the War Powers Act to begin with.  Not only Libya, but Somalia.  Instead of stopping the wars he inherited, he has entered into at least two more.  Later, we may find he was involved in the conspiracy for Fast and Furious too along with his minion Holder.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
He is supposed to get permission.  Congress declares war, not the president

Offline fish

• View Profile
seeing how nobama has been sticking it to the country since taking office, halperin is spot on!

Offline Racer

• View Profile
Are you saying that you can't disagree with someone without disrespecting them?   

Thats pretty much the way it works.  Disagree and the name calling begins. 

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
Immature.

Offline fish

• View Profile
Quote from: Racer on Today at 10:39:02 AM

that's in the libs playbook!

they were so respectful during W's term? LOL LOL

at least nobama earns the scorn he recieves.

where is nobama this weekend after scoldin congress about the debt ceiling?

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/articles/2011/07/01/obama_takes_a_break_at_camp_david/

must be tired from all that golfing!

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
It's all about the individual who does the "name calling."  I taught my kids how I was taught...there is Aunt Denise, Uncle Verne, Mr. Severs, Mrs. Carson, Captain Davis, Sheriff King, Grandma Brooks, Senator Kennedy, and President Obama.  Maybe (probably) they all acted poorly at one point or another, but we will always be respectful of one another.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
Well, I don't watch much news anymore on TV.  Try to get it from online now.  But I am thinking Fox will take this guy in.

Offline Racer

• View Profile
It's all about the individual who does the "name calling."  I taught my kids how I was taught...there is Aunt Denise, Uncle Verne, Mr. Severs, Mrs. Carson, Captain Davis, Sheriff King, Grandma Brooks, Senator Kennedy, and President Obama.  Maybe (probably) they all acted poorly at one point or another, but we will always be respectful of one another.

Well said.     :{:{:

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
Wonder how big a raise he got when he said the same thing about Bush II????

Offline fish

• View Profile
that's different matrs. the libs are exempt from their own rules(?) LOL LOL

respect is reciprocal; ya gotta give it to get it. Nobama does not respect the american people.

Offline Pete

• View Profile
Immature.

What did senator Obama say about Bush, He needs congress approval and he got it. What did he say about increasing the fedrial deficit, now the shoe is on his foot and turns out he has bigger feet to stick in his mouth. Common folks, just look what he said before he was elected and what he is doing. Beck really let loose on him on GBTV on 6-30. All should view it.
If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!

Offline harlow

• View Profile
Obama is a dick....He respects no one, so he deserves the same.  If he wants respect as president maybe he needs to start acting like one.......maybe if he would spend as much time in the oval office as he does on the golf course our nation would not be in financial crisis.   The only numbers going down where he is concerned is his golf score.  He is a disgrace to our nation and is making us look like fools to other countries....or is that his plan? 

Offline fish

• View Profile
  GREAT post! telling it like it is!

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
Harlow, that is his plan.  His apology tour should have been a clue.  And hiring different people leaning toward Marxism and outright communists should have been another.  Performing a coup without the violence because the sheeple are still following and asleep. 

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
Obama is a dick....He respects no one, so he deserves the same.  If he wants respect as president maybe he needs to start acting like one.......maybe if he would spend as much time in the oval office as he does on the golf course our nation would not be in financial crisis.   The only numbers going down where he is concerned is his golf score.  He is a disgrace to our nation and is making us look like fools to other countries....or is that his plan?

Harlow, I don't make the decisions here -- that's up to Rick Lepard -- but I do not believe calling any elected official a "dick" is appropriate. Period.

He is President Obama until the end of his term. If you can't respect his actions, respect his office.

Everybody who pays any attention to my views knows I didn't vote for President Obama, and as a lifelong Republican, I have major problems with liberalism. Conservatives believe in constitutional government. We are not revolutionaries. We are not Saul Alinsky-style radicals. Our president -- and yes, he is **OUR** president -- was right about at least one thing: elections have consequences. We, as Americans, brought these consequences upon ourselves by majority vote in 2008. In a republic, we solve those problems by voting people out of office, not by disrespecting the office.
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
Harlow was giving the "man", not the office, the respect he has earned while in office.  which is absolutely NONE. He gives not one ounce of respect to the citizens nor this country itself.  As for any namecalling, nobody here has called any other person a name other than their screen name.  Obama is a public figure and subject to as much criticism as he deserves...which is almost unlimited in my book.

Offline Racer

• View Profile
Harlow was giving the "man", not the office, the respect he has earned while in office.  which is absolutely NONE. He gives not one ounce of respect to the citizens nor this country itself.  As for any namecalling, nobody here has called any other person a name other than their screen name.  Obama is a public figure and subject to as much criticism as he deserves...which is almost unlimited in my book.

This is only your opinion, you may not be correct.  Saying it over and over doesn't make it so.  Calling me a sheeple dosen't help me see any news ideas or listen to any new thoughts.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
Agree.  When a person makes a statement that President Obama has no respect for the citizens or the country, it sounds as if they are representing the thoughts of a group and since I'm not of that group, would think it would be better to state it as their "personal opinion," and leave the others out of it.

This is only your opinion, you may not be correct.  Saying it over and over doesn't make it so.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
Ok.  It is MY personal opinion that Obama deserves little to no respect.  I listed my reasons above. 

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
lol.  Thanks.

Ok.  It is MY personal opinion that Obama deserves little to no respect.  I listed my reasons above. 

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
My problem is with calling President Obama a "dick."

Yes, he's a public official and Americans have the right to call him by that name. I've been called by that name -- and worse -- in public meetings by elected officials, some of them right here in this county. I've recently been reminded of something I had forgotten, that one elected official here not only called me by that name in a public meeting but then retracted his statement and said he's wrong, that's a part of a man, and I don't deserve that name. To call reporters bad names like that, and worse, is pretty much par for the course. I don't question the legal rights involved, and you will not hear me questioning the right of people to call me a "dick." (You may see me respond pretty strongly, but I don't question their rights.)

I do question whether that type of language, when used for our public officials, is corrosive to the institutions of the republic.

You will never hear me using that term for any public official. You may hear me say the elected official is incompetent, corrupt, or isn't doing his job (i.e., malfeasance, misfeasance, or nonfeasance). It's considerably more likely that you may hear me use specific descriptions of what he did wrong, since I think calling attention to what people did wrong is more effective than just saying bad things about them. Under certain circumstances I may call publicly for the removal of somebody via the ballot box in the next election, though I very rarely do things of that type. In the most extreme cases, you may even see me calling for the removal of the official prior to the end of his term by impeachment, recall, or other procedures.

All of those are legitimate ways to get rid of officials who should not be in office. Namecalling does nothing to get rid of the bad guy, and has the effect of promoting disrespect for the office.
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/