Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Gamers hideout  (Read 4901 times)

Offline amberlynn

• View Profile
Gamers hideout
« on: July 26, 2011, 06:22:01 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
Re: Gamers hideout
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 03:04:36 AM »
is it over by the main gate? in that little mini mall by Biscuit?

Offline ♥♥♥Trena♥♥♥

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 03:32:30 AM »
Yes, that's where it is.
Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, So love the people who treat you right, Forget the ones who don't, and believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 03:38:45 AM »
Whats it called? Gamers hide out. Some of us don't know where biscuts mini-mall is. Which one I mean. This could be a cool place, they need to advertize, I haven't seen anything till reading about it here. Is this the one with the box car on it?
If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 08:44:50 AM »
They are a group of guys who play RPG's. I would have never thought they would survive a month but they have and many more ...and seem to have a good business, Lotsa people there all the time. The have Magic the gathering, D&D, Lots of roll playing stuff. My kids like the place. I was concerned one day when I seen a Wizard in the parking lot, but he walked in there and I knew what was up. Dont understand the dedication to such a game but .....keeps people from getting in trouble....So Im cool with it. Great bunch of guys tho. Stop by and check em out.
Biscuit

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 01:48:45 PM »
Biscuit some say that about people who are dedicated to tattoo's as well.  I Have been playing RPG"s since i was 18 and introcuced to Dungeons and Dragons in College.  30 yrs later im playing Runescape and World of Warcraft online. Its a great way to spend your free time.  Its alot better than going out drinking and getting drunk on a satureday night.

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 04:24:26 PM »
Whats it called? Gamers hide out. Some of us don't know where biscuts mini-mall is. Which one I mean. This could be a cool place, they need to advertize, I haven't seen anything till reading about it here. Is this the one with the box car on it?

Yes that is the one Pete~

Offline amberlynn

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 05:32:41 PM »
Here is a link I found today showing some of the inside.   It does look like more of a place to play the games there which is a very good idea. But I was hoping it was kinda like gamestop where you can buy games too. Most of them on the shelf look like computer games. I will probably stop in there sometime to check out if they sell any games.  The sign on the outside said kid games too.

http://frostreaver.net/forums/showthread.php?4475-Gamer-s-Hideout-St.-Robert-MO

If I shouldn't post the link. someone can remove it.

Offline Lois Lane

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 05:34:28 PM »
awesome I found out about this place AFTER i moved :( no bueno

Offline Lois Lane

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2011, 05:36:28 PM »
but i don't think they play the games i do or did...

Offline 2CardJohnE

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2011, 10:07:57 PM »
Biscuit some say that about people who are dedicated to tattoo's as well.  I Have been playing RPG"s since i was 18 and introcuced to Dungeons and Dragons in College.  30 yrs later im playing Runescape and World of Warcraft online. Its a great way to spend your free time.  Its alot better than going out drinking and getting drunk on a satureday night.
  Warcraft is cool !  Amazing how big a virtual world can actually be, then to interact with others in there
John Wayne said it best, "I may not have voted for him, but he is MY President

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2011, 12:24:15 AM »
  Warcraft is cool !  Amazing how big a virtual world can actually be, then to interact with others in there

Yes it is expansive. Alot of people to interact with.  But it is a challenge to play.  You do quests, you can fight others if you chose to.  But to do all this you have to learn how to build and play the character you create.  You build(obtain Armor and weapons etc) differently depending on what you want to do.  So a lot of thought and learning by trial and error.  But no matter your playing style, after a day of work, its a great way to relax.

Offline 2CardJohnE

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2011, 01:30:49 AM »
Yes it is expansive. Alot of people to interact with.  But it is a challenge to play.  You do quests, you can fight others if you chose to.  But to do all this you have to learn how to build and play the character you create.  You build(obtain Armor and weapons etc) differently depending on what you want to do.  So a lot of thought and learning by trial and error.  But no matter your playing style, after a day of work, its a great way to relax.
i have a lvl 74 rogue :)
John Wayne said it best, "I may not have voted for him, but he is MY President

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2011, 02:46:20 AM »
i have a lvl 74 rogue :)

I have a lvl 74 hunter, lvl 61 warrior and warlock, and a lvl rogue.  Been having a blast with it.

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2011, 07:28:27 AM »
Like I said I dont have a problem with it. Just never thought it could support a business. I was wrong. lol. Im glad they are successfull. Ive seen alot of business come in I thought was great and only survive a few months at best. Hell I had a shop go under due to location.....So Im glad to see an off the wall business make it. Like I said Great bunch of folks.
Biscuit

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2011, 02:04:28 AM »
Its not as off the wall as you think... there is one in Rolla too called Eclipse.  Same set up.  A huge one exists in Springfield called Meta-Games.

There are a lot of military guys who are into this stuff because... well... even if this area is small... the diversity of the base is not.  Cartoons used to be the only place around THIS town that sold this stuff.  Yea... little known fact.  They sell Magic the Gathering and D&D stuff too.  LOL.  Its just sort of off in the corner.  The owners are really into that stuff... always have been.  I used to buy Magic Cards from them to resell them in Springfield when I was in High School...