Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Missouri State Budget Cuts Hamper Local LE  (Read 2280 times)

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
Missouri State Budget Cuts Hamper Local LE
« on: July 30, 2011, 11:01:11 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

The state of Missouri closed a number of state mental health hospitals last year and we are getting killed over the lack of bed space for mental inmate cases. Some good reporter needs to do a major story on this issue.

Now I read that the state is closing six of their secure Juvenile detention centers. This will directly affect 17 counties and indirectly affect 97 more. Source Missouri County Record Magazine, summer 2011 edition, page 26.

State liquor control lost a bunch of their enforcement officers and the sheriff of the county is supposed to step in and do the enforcement.

I think I see a pattern here.

JB

Offline Pete

• View Profile
Re: Missouri State Budget Cuts Hamper Local LE
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 03:50:49 AM »
Hey some will say earn your pay, I think your getting swamped. Eather way you got a load to carrie. This is just starting, all the overspending the state did on like to have stuff is going to bite the need to have stuff in the butt. JMHO
If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!

Offline Sheriff J. B. King

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 02:42:49 PM »
Hey some will say earn your pay, I think your getting swamped. Eather way you got a load to carrie. This is just starting, all the overspending the state did on like to have stuff is going to bite the need to have stuff in the butt. JMHO

I will fight the fight to the best of my ability right up to the day I retire. But you need to know the lack of resources is a major factor in my decision to go. I do not mind fighting if I know I have a chance to win. But getting out of bed every day just to fall behind has lost its appeal.

JB

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 06:08:58 PM »
Trimming the fat to live within the State's means is necessary.  Now, will the citizenry step up and take control or will they sit back & complain because the "nice to have" programs are going away??  Is the State cutting the right programs, or the wrong ones?
The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. Cicero - 55 BC, Rome

Offline Johnny Burgess

• Lurker
  • Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 09:13:59 PM »
Only time will tell if they are cutting the right items from the list. Closing juvenile detention facilities means alternate housing and by that will judges now consider those over 14 all adults because they cannot be sent anywhere but prison? Where do you put the criminally insane if all of the facilities are full. Area mental health facilities will not take them because they are not staffed to house them and cannot put them in with those that are nonviolent.
JB has made a good point with the budget in that everyone wants good service, but no one wants to pay for it. The state has always taken care of liquor control and had someone who routinely checked on bars and stores that sell alcohol. Now with very little notice here you go sheriff's tag your it. Oh and by the way it's yours now and we are not going to fund it. Even the state police has reorganized no more DOT or Water Patrol all of those positions are now HP.
Today it seems that everyone is going to have to take care of their own needs because big brother is broke from paying the banks for making bad loans, paying other countries to stab us in the back and supporting countries who hate us. Mostly from having poor vision as they spent in the past for things that no one needs or needed and now China holds trillions of dollars of our debt.

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 04:42:40 AM »
Only time will tell if they are cutting the right items from the list. Closing juvenile detention facilities means alternate housing and by that will judges now consider those over 14 all adults because they cannot be sent anywhere but prison? Where do you put the criminally insane if all of the facilities are full. Area mental health facilities will not take them because they are not staffed to house them and cannot put them in with those that are nonviolent.
JB has made a good point with the budget in that everyone wants good service, but no one wants to pay for it. The state has always taken care of liquor control and had someone who routinely checked on bars and stores that sell alcohol. Now with very little notice here you go sheriff's tag your it. Oh and by the way it's yours now and we are not going to fund it. Even the state police has reorganized no more DOT or Water Patrol all of those positions are now HP.
Today it seems that everyone is going to have to take care of their own needs because big brother is broke from paying the banks for making bad loans, paying other countries to stab us in the back and supporting countries who hate us. Mostly from having poor vision as they spent in the past for things that no one needs or needed and now China holds trillions of dollars of our debt.

You know I hate to say you are so right. If the government runs a program, chances are it's way over budget and not doing the job it was suppost to do. When are we going to learn. I don't think I want to privatize jails etc. Too much area for the wrong folks to do wrong.
If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2011, 11:50:39 AM »
The quote "Today it seems that everyone is going to have to take care of their own needs because big brother is broke from paying the banks for making bad loans, paying other countries to stab us in the back and supporting countries who hate us. Mostly from having poor vision as they spent in the past for things that no one needs or needed and now China holds trillions of dollars of our debt."

Just wanted to mention that while those things the federal government does impact the state's budget, those are not things our state government does.  We also have not felt the impact the Health Care Legislation will have on our state, but there are millions of dollars in expenses that are going to be mandated to the states from it.  That will be felt by all programs in MO OR a tax increase will be necessary.

Just wanted to mention those things are not things we are doing in MO.

Dave
Political Website:  www.StateRepDay.com
Back Roads Recording:  www.backroadsrecording.com
Band Website:  www.MFNband.net
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/RepDay

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 05:24:03 PM »
Missouri is not the only place dealing out budget cuts.  JB you don't want to read this as you may cry over the figures.   ;D

http://cjonline.com/news/2011-08-28/duties-complicate-sheriffs-office-comparisons

Note ther per capita expenditures.