Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Um...Where did Paradox go?  (Read 13064 times)

Offline BigRedHouse

• View Profile
Um...Where did Paradox go?
« on: August 03, 2011, 04:29:13 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Offline Auctioneer Ed

• View Profile
Re: Um...Where did Paradox go?
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 04:58:50 PM »
I was at the courthouse square yesterday and the Paradox building was empty. Only sign I saw in the window was "For Rent"

Offline BigRedHouse

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 05:21:07 PM »
seems like a "poor" business practice to me...some people put deposits down for future work as well as stuff that might need a touchup.....

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 04:33:38 AM »
This is of course hearsay, But I heard he got his settlement $$$$ and canceled all his appointments and beat feet. Not Something I would have done. I would have honored all appointments and then beat feet....lol. Not really. I love this area. I would have stashed the cash and worked comfortably for the next 20 years. I would have just used it as a retirement when I could no longer do this. Anyhow.....Were still here and capable of Doing High quality art. Check us out
Biscuit

Offline JuneBug67

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 04:41:12 AM »
He is still living local, he just bought a house near me, so you may still be able to contact him.
There is NEVER a right way to do the wrong thing!

Offline BigRedHouse

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 12:48:17 PM »
It's amazing how your opionon of someone can change in the blink of an eye.

Offline JShultz

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 01:29:41 PM »
Epic Fail! I could see this coming from about 955 miles away. One Eyed Blue Monkey for the win.
Opinions are like kittens, I was giving them away. I had allot to say!

Offline I have no username

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2011, 12:39:11 PM »
Hope he didnt ditch.  That would be bad for a reputation.  I liked his work and he has talent. Closing shop without telling anyone or even having the courtesy post explaination sucks.  Hope he makes right.  On the other hand When I decide to have my tat done I've decided to go elsewhere (still local though)
Μολὼν λαβέ

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline jeepguy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2011, 12:46:37 PM »
well he is still around, I just saw him in a hardware store this week.

Offline 48fan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2011, 02:30:27 PM »
You all crack me up!!!  How many businesses tell their customers in advance that they are closing?? Get real people!! If a business owner wants to close their doors they are under no obligation to ask or tell their customers that they are closing...

Offline JShultz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2011, 03:45:47 PM »
When you promote "Life Time" service on a "Life Time" product I would say you owe something to your customers.
Opinions are like kittens, I was giving them away. I had allot to say!

Offline jeepguy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2011, 03:49:18 PM »
When you promote "Life Time" service on a "Life Time" product I would say you owe something to your customers.

What the heck does that mean ????

Offline 48fan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2011, 04:07:22 PM »
Lifetime service or Lifetime products are usually guarantees that are good till the company goes out of business. DUH

Never heard of a lifetime tatoo guarantee, but who knows....

Falls under buyer beware if you ask me.

I am sure that everyone was offered free touchups but that would be free as long as he was still in business. Not for as long as he lives.. Now that's pretty funny there... LOL

Offline Auctioneer Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2011, 06:59:34 PM »
"Guaranteed A Lifetime (if you die when you're supposed to)" ::D:

If we were talking about an exterminator, that came and treated your home for termites and assured you of follow-up as necessary, would we be having this same conversation?
I don't know. Just sayin'

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2011, 07:41:02 AM »
lol
Biscuit

Offline Probie

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2011, 10:40:07 PM »
what was the settlement for?

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2011, 05:32:30 PM »
Never heard of a lifetime tatoo guarantee, but who knows....

Then I'd say you have not found a GOOD, QUALITY artist... I've had no issues going back 10+ years.  A true artist will honor the lifetime commitment regardless of where they are employed.
The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. Cicero - 55 BC, Rome

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• Land Of The Free, Because Of The Brave
  • Riding Vertical Shiny Side Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2011, 06:27:06 PM »
But that's because you have nothing but prison tattoos from Lifers, so naturally they are always there   :NANANANA:
Freedom Of Road Riders,
Protecting and informing riders in Missouri
www.midamericafreedomrally.com

Please watch out for Motorcycles on the road
The life you save might be mine

Offline I have no username

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2011, 06:55:42 PM »
google hangover 2 tattoo settlement. 
Μολὼν λαβέ

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline 6victor6

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2011, 05:50:34 AM »
Yes. I shut the shop down. But before I did, we made sure that every client on the schedule was taken care of. If a job was in progress, we completed it. Or we refunded any deposits before the work was even started. I didn't want to leave anyone hanging. If someone wasn't on the schedule, well, I couldn't do much about that!  :o And for about a month prior to closing, we were telling people of our intention to close.. In other words, we were letting anyone know who was actively looking into work from us..

We put a sign in our window and a recording on our answering machine encouraging people to check out our friends at Blood Brothers Tattoo (formerly Show Me Skin Art) There is a lot of talent at that shop. :)

I appreciate and thank all the great clients we've had. Most of them were understanding of this very bizarre situation that I was dealing with and were supportive of this decision to close...  and of course there will always be a few that complain.  But, hey, I think for the most part we ended on a very positive note.

And, no, I didn't "beat feet"  .. Isn't that what people do after they rob a bank or something? I just retired from tattooing after nearly 20 years. That's all.
:{:{:

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2011, 03:13:36 PM »
Good for you.  Sound like you gave your customers more than enough time to get there needs met.  If however, you received the settlement I heard, what the heck are you staying here for.  There is a big world out there and lots of things to see.  Life is short.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline 6victor6

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2011, 04:02:21 PM »
Good for you.  Sound like you gave your customers more than enough time to get there needs met.  If however, you received the settlement I heard, what the heck are you staying here for.  There is a big world out there and lots of things to see.  Life is short.

Thank you..  :)

Well I've heard some rumors as to what the settlement was too.. I WISH!! Rumors about money tend to be GREATLY exaggerated.

Why did we stay? Because I can't afford the French Riviera..   Kidding..  Its a good pace of life around here. I've grown pretty fond of the area and I have some good friends here too!

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2011, 05:59:08 PM »
Well there it is. The rumors can stop now.
Biscuit

Offline BigRedHouse

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2011, 12:58:46 AM »
Victor 6..thanks for comming on and answering the questions.  Good business practice after all.  Thanks again ...good luck...and enjoy life like you want to. :)

Offline jeepguy

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2011, 02:22:34 AM »
Wait no the rumors can't stop yet, I just thought up a great story about being abducted by aliens.

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2011, 04:35:03 AM »
what was the settlement for?

It's not every day that a Waynesville businessman ends up on TMZ as well as the New York Times.

Here are a few links:

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/06/21/tattoo-artist-settles-tyson-dispute-with-hangover-2/

http://www.tmz.com/2011/06/20/hangover-2-tattoo-mike-tyson-mystery-settlement-warner-brothers-ed-helms-face-tattoo/

For whatever it's worth, I was aware of this story, I have a copy of the federal lawsuit, and after looking into it I decided this was something I needed to leave alone and let the "big dogs" deal with it. I cannot take the time to drive to St. Louis for a federal trial, and I've got more than enough work without getting dragged into federal litigation that was already being covered by the national media.
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline Probie

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2011, 07:04:01 AM »
Thank you i did hear about this except i thought they said he was a Waynesville native living in L.V  But thank you very interesting

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2011, 06:55:54 AM »
Im glad he won a settlement. After a long thought about it , I realize he probably seen it coming to copyright it. Smart Man.
Biscuit

Offline 6victor6

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2011, 03:53:34 PM »
There seems to be a big misunderstanding about copyright.

Copyright exists at the moment the creator completes a design or artwork. And the copyright belongs to the creator, if the creator is self employed, that is. If not, the copyright might be owned by the business owner or the company itself. If a legal situation arises, in order for the copyright to be recognized legally, it must be registered. In nearly all legal battles over copyright, the registration doesn't occur to right before the battle begins.

Here's an example of why this make sense. Say a photographer shoots 10,000 photographs in a year. That photographer automatically owns copyright on every image, without doing a thing. Should the need to defend the work arise, then the photographer can register the specific image or images in concern. If copyright involved going to an office and paying a fee, it would be prohibitive to do so for many people.

Here's another example of why this is a good thing. Say you're at the beach, you draw a picture in the sand and take a picture with your cell phone and send it to a few friends...  Years later a travel agency is using your image in a commercial. Yes, you own the copyright! And you can defend your rights. :{:{: