Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Regulations on Public roadways in Pulaski County  (Read 2782 times)

Offline deputy341

• what would you do in my footsteps?
    • View Profile
Regulations on Public roadways in Pulaski County
« on: September 09, 2011, 03:41:05 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

I am not sure exactly where to post this. So Im putting it here. I have looked and not found it can anyone help me find the Statute for the regulations on the width/easement of Public Roadways? I have come into an issue and was told the easement for public roadways is 35foot from the center of the roadway on boths sides making it 70foot. Is this true? I was tols told it was 15 foot from the center equalling 30foot. Thank you for helping me in advance, you have NO idea how much it will help me. God bless.
With out heart we are nothing.

Offline Pete

• View Profile
Re: Regulations on Public roadways in Pulaski County
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 04:14:10 AM »
On Harlow Lain it's 25 foot from the center. You would not know it if you drive down this road. It is however in the paper work that Charley Hamelton gave all of us that bought property here. Now the county has taken over the road and I have no idea of what it is. Sorry can't help you.
If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!

Offline deputy341

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 04:27:23 AM »
Thank you. I am looking for it for Roam Dr. off of Hwy W. Family fued, need I say more. LOL

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 11:10:23 AM »
Greetings.

Without getting into the specifics of this road issue, part of the problem is that rules on accepting county roads are set by the commission and have changed radically over the years. A road accepted 20, 50, or a hundred years ago may have been accepted under totally different terms than what would apply today.

A second part of the problem is that the county sometimes, for a variety of reasons, may choose to accept a road that wouldn't meet normal standards. Take something like Cave Road, for example. What do you do when there's a river on one side and a cliff on the other and annual flooding that wrecks the roadbed? Closing off access isn't really an option, but there is no physical way to make the road wider or high enough above the waterline to stop flooding.

A final issue is that many of the oldest roads in Pulaski County were never formally accepted by the county commission at all, but have become county roads under a provision of state law that says if a road has been maintained with public funds on a regular basis and is being used by the public, it becomes a public road. That's necessary because in many cases the oldest roads were never formally deeded over to the county by landowners, or any paperwork that may once have existed has long since been lost. (Remember that our courthouse was wrecked in the Civil War and also burned about a hundred years ago.)

End result is that if you want to know the width of any specific road, you need to contact the county commissioners and have them check the records. In some cases you can get the same information from the county recorder of deeds office (Rachelle Beasley does that job as well as being Circuit Court Clerk), but if the road was never formally accepted by the county there may not be a formal recording of land deeds.

I hope this is of some help.

I am not sure exactly where to post this. So Im putting it here. I have looked and not found it can anyone help me find the Statute for the regulations on the width/easement of Public Roadways? I have come into an issue and was told the easement for public roadways is 35foot from the center of the roadway on boths sides making it 70foot. Is this true? I was tols told it was 15 foot from the center equalling 30foot. Thank you for helping me in advance, you have NO idea how much it will help me. God bless.
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 11:13:37 AM »
 I don't know if this will help or not? http://aglaw.missouri.edu/easements.htm
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline stiffcat76

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 01:30:08 PM »
i  thought roam drive was private? i think that is in the buyer seller agreements of the land owners.

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 05:48:07 PM »
i  thought roam drive was private? i think that is in the buyer seller agreements of the land owners.

If it's a private road, then nothing I said about the county accepting a road applies.

Private roads have the same legal status as a driveway, for virtually all practical purposes. Except that you can't landlock someone out of their property, there are no legal controls over private roads unless the landowners have voluntarily chosen to grant an easement to someone else. The owners can decide who they want on the road, how wide it will be, and almost everything else about it. Unless the owner intends to have the private road turned over to the county or the city for maintenance at some point, there are no standards for how wide it has to be, how it needs to be built, how it needs to be maintained, or how wide the right-of-way beyond the roadway needs to be.
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline deputy341

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2011, 12:29:38 AM »
no Roam drive is taken care of by the county....my dad did take care of it for yearrs but agreement with county road n bridge....as he got sicker he was not able to and turned the care back over.....the issue im having is the water lines r on the opssite side of the road from my property...about 20foot from the center of the roadway....im being denied access to both watr and elctric becuse they r on my sisters property....im guessing im just going to have to take her to court to get easement so i can put a residence of my own on my property.....thank u for ur replys....

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2011, 04:12:41 AM »
Just envite her and family over for a bbq and explain the problem. Family's take care of thier own.
If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!

Offline deputy341

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2011, 05:20:55 AM »
its not that easy....fighting with family over probate....need i say more?!

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2011, 09:18:09 AM »
 You know your welcome here anytime. If you need anything...a bath or whatever....
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin