Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Taz's Friends?  (Read 8192 times)

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
Taz's Friends?
« on: September 20, 2011, 11:21:11 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Our whole country is in the crapper, and this is what our gooberment has been working on?                      -What does this say to the country's we are at war with?
    -Give them an inch....they want 12!
    -What's next, open ass fatigues?
    -I think I threw up a little!
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/09/20/national/main20108690.shtml
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
Re: Taz's Friends?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 12:36:44 PM »

When will we see you with your sign?
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 12:42:37 PM »
  I don't hate them. Neither does God. But we should NOT be "tolerant" of deviate sexual behavior! It will only get worse! So go march in the gay parade if you want, but I'm not watching it!
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• Land Of The Free, Because Of The Brave
  • Riding Vertical Shiny Side Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 12:43:21 PM »
Well, they are not my direct friends, but since you dragged me into it, I would stand behind anyone regardless of their beliefs or preferences that will prepare to give their lives for freedom and this country that some cut and paste putz who has never contributed anything to society.
Freedom Of Road Riders,
Protecting and informing riders in Missouri
www.midamericafreedomrally.com

Please watch out for Motorcycles on the road
The life you save might be mine

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 12:46:42 PM »
Well, they are not my direct friends, but since you dragged me into it, I would stand behind anyone regardless of their beliefs or preferences that will prepare to give their lives for freedom and this country that some cut and paste putz who has never contributed anything to society.
"Behind them" or in front of them?
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 12:54:30 PM »
  Just what "freedom" are you fighting for? Freedom to be a fruit and marry your pet goat?
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 12:57:07 PM »
One of the freedoms I fought for was to allow idiots to have the freedom to cut and paste nonsense.....you are welcome
Freedom Of Road Riders,

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 01:01:15 PM »
One of the freedoms I fought for was to allow idiots to have the freedom to cut and paste nonsense.....you are welcome
And for that I thank you! Just keep in mind what you call "nonsense" is what this country was founded on. And the two billion Christians who know it as truth might take exception to you narrow minded view!
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 01:42:37 PM »
If the U.S. was founded on the Christian religion, the Constitution would clearly say so--but it does not. Nowhere does the Constitution say: "The United States is a Christian Nation", or anything even close to that. In fact, the words "Jesus Christ, Christianity, Bible, Creator, Divine, and God" are never mentioned in the Constitution-- not even once. Nowhere in the Constitution is religion mentioned, except in exclusionary terms. When the Founders wrote the nation's Constitution, they specified that "no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States." (Article 6, section 3)   This provision was radical in its day-- giving equal citizenship to believers and non-believers alike.  They wanted to ensure that no religion could make the claim of being the official, national religion, such as England had. 

Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2011, 02:07:43 PM »
Christian Quotes of the Founding Fathers
No one can deny that many of the founding fathers of the United States of America were men of deep religious convictions based in the Bible and their Christian faith in Jesus Christ. Of the 56 men who signed the Declaration of Independence, nearly half (24) held seminary or Bible school degrees.

These Christian quotes of the founding fathers will give you an overview of their strong moral and spiritual convictions which helped form the foundations of our nation and our government.

George Washington
1st U.S. President

"While we are zealously performing the duties of good citizens and soldiers, we certainly ought not to be inattentive to the higher duties of religion. To the distinguished character of Patriot, it should be our highest glory to add the more distinguished character of Christian."
--The Writings of Washington, pp. 342-343.

John Adams
2nd U.S. President and Signer of the Declaration of Independence

"Suppose a nation in some distant Region should take the Bible for their only law Book, and every member should regulate his conduct by the precepts there exhibited! Every member would be obliged in conscience, to temperance, frugality, and industry; to justice, kindness, and charity towards his fellow men; and to piety, love, and reverence toward Almighty God ... What a Eutopia, what a Paradise would this region be."
--Diary and Autobiography of John Adams, Vol. III, p. 9.

"The general principles on which the fathers achieved independence were the general principles of Christianity. I will avow that I then believed, and now believe, that those general principles of Christianity are as eternal and immutable as the existence and attributes of God."
--Adams wrote this on June 28, 1813, in a letter to Thomas Jefferson.

"The second day of July, 1776, will be the most memorable epoch in the history of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary Festival. It ought to be commemorated, as the Day of Deliverance, by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires and illuminations, from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forever."
--Adams wrote this in a letter to his wife, Abigail, on July 3, 1776.

Thomas Jefferson
3rd U.S. President, Drafter and Signer of the Declaration of Independence

"God who gave us life gave us liberty. And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are of the Gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever; That a revolution of the wheel of fortune, a change of situation, is among possible events; that it may become probable by Supernatural influence! The Almighty has no attribute which can take side with us in that event."
--Notes on the State of Virginia, Query XVIII, p. 237.

"I am a real Christian – that is to say, a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus Christ."
--The Writings of Thomas Jefferson, p. 385.

John Hancock
1st Signer of the Declaration of Independence

"Resistance to tyranny becomes the Christian and social duty of each individual. ... Continue steadfast and, with a proper sense of your dependence on God, nobly defend those rights which heaven gave, and no man ought to take from us."
--History of the United States of America, Vol. II, p. 229.

Benjamin Franklin
Signer of the Declaration of Independence and Unites States Constitution

"Here is my Creed. I believe in one God, the Creator of the Universe. That He governs it by His Providence. That He ought to be worshipped.

That the most acceptable service we render to him is in doing good to his other children. That the soul of man is immortal, and will be treated with justice in another life respecting its conduct in this. These I take to be the fundamental points in all sound religion, and I regard them as you do in whatever sect I meet with them.

As to Jesus of Nazareth, my opinion of whom you particularly desire, I think the system of morals and his religion, as he left them to us, is the best the world ever saw, or is likely to see;

But I apprehend it has received various corrupting changes, and I have, with most of the present dissenters in England, some doubts as to his divinity; though it is a question I do not dogmatize upon, having never studied it, and think it needless to busy myself with it now, when I expect soon an opportunity of knowing the truth with less trouble. I see no harm, however, in its being believed, if that belief has the good consequence, as probably it has, of making his doctrines more respected and more observed; especially as I do not perceive, that the Supreme takes it amiss, by distinguishing the unbelievers in his government of the world with any peculiar marks of his displeasure."
--Benjamin Franklin wrote this in a letter to Ezra Stiles, President of Yale University on March 9, 17

Samuel Adams
Signer of the Declaration of Independence and Father of the American Revolution

"And as it is our duty to extend our wishes to the happiness of the great family of man, I conceive that we cannot better express ourselves than by humbly supplicating the Supreme Ruler of the world that the rod of tyrants may be broken to pieces, and the oppressed made free again; that wars may cease in all the earth, and that the confusions that are and have been among nations may be overruled by promoting and speedily bringing on that holy and happy period when the kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ may be everywhere established, and all people everywhere willingly bow to the sceptre of Him who is Prince of Peace."
--As Governor of Massachusetts, Proclamation of a Day of Fast, March 20, 1797.

James Madison
4th U.S. President

"Cursed be all that learning that is contrary to the cross of Christ."
--America's Providential History, p. 93.

James Monroe
5th U.S. President

"When we view the blessings with which our country has been favored, those which we now enjoy, and the means which we possess of handing them down unimpaired to our latest posterity, our attention is irresistibly drawn to the source from whence they flow. Let us then, unite in offering our most grateful acknowledgments for these blessings to the Divine Author of All Good."
--Monroe made this statement in his 2nd Annual Message to Congress, November 16, 1818.

John Quincy Adams
6th U.S. President

"The hope of a Christian is inseparable from his faith. Whoever believes in the divine inspiration of the Holy Scriptures must hope that the religion of Jesus shall prevail throughout the earth. Never since the foundation of the world have the prospects of mankind been more encouraging to that hope than they appear to be at the present time. And may the associated distribution of the Bible proceed and prosper till the Lord shall have made 'bare His holy arm in the eyes of all the nations, and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God' (Isaiah 52:10)."
--Life of John Quincy Adams, p. 248.

William Penn
Founder of Pennsylvania

"I do declare to the whole world that we believe the Scriptures to contain a declaration of the mind and will of God in and to those ages in which they were written; being given forth by the Holy Ghost moving in the hearts of holy men of God; that they ought also to be read, believed, and fulfilled in our day; being used for reproof and instruction, that the man of God may be perfect. They are a declaration and testimony of heavenly things themselves, and, as such, we carry a high respect for them. We accept them as the words of God Himself."
--Treatise of the Religion of the Quakers, p. 355.

Roger Sherman
Signer of the Declaration of Independence and United States Constitution

"I believe that there is one only living and true God, existing in three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost, the same in substance equal in power and glory. That the scriptures of the old and new testaments are a revelation from God, and a complete rule to direct us how we may glorify and enjoy him. That God has foreordained whatsoever comes to pass, so as thereby he is not the author or approver of sin. That he creates all things, and preserves and governs all creatures and all their actions, in a manner perfectly consistent with the freedom of will in moral agents, and the usefulness of means. That he made man at first perfectly holy, that the first man sinned, and as he was the public head of his posterity, they all became sinners in consequence of his first transgression, are wholly indisposed to that which is good and inclined to evil, and on account of sin are liable to all the miseries of this life, to death, and to the pains of hell forever.

I believe that God having elected some of mankind to eternal life, did send his own Son to become man, die in the room and stead of sinners and thus to lay a foundation for the offer of pardon and salvation to all mankind, so as all may be saved who are willing to accept the gospel offer: also by his special grace and spirit, to regenerate, sanctify and enable to persevere in holiness, all who shall be saved; and to procure in consequence of their repentance and faith in himself their justification by virtue of his atonement as the only meritorious cause.

I believe a visible church to be a congregation of those who make a credible profession of their faith in Christ, and obedience to him, joined by the bond of the covenant.

I believe that the souls of believers are at their death made perfectly holy, and immediately taken to glory: that at the end of this world there will be a resurrection of the dead, and a final judgement of all mankind, when the righteous shall be publicly acquitted by Christ the Judge and admitted to everlasting life and glory, and the wicked be sentenced to everlasting punishment."
Benjamin Rush
Signer of the Declaration of Independence and Ratifier of the U.S. Constitution

"The gospel of Jesus Christ prescribes the wisest rules for just conduct in every situation of life. Happy they who are enabled to obey them in all situations!"
--The Autobiography of Benjamin Rush, pp. 165-166.

"Christianity is the only true and perfect religion, and that in proportion as mankind adopts its principles and obeys its precepts, they will be wise and happy."
--Essays, Literary, Moral, and Philosophical, published in 1798.

"I know there is an objection among many people to teaching children doctrines of any kind, because they are liable to be controverted. But let us not be wiser than our Maker.

If moral precepts alone could have reformed mankind, the mission of the Son of God into all the world would have been unnecessary. The perfect morality of the gospel rests upon the doctrine which, though often controverted has never been refuted: I mean the vicarious life and death of the Son of God."
--Essays, Literary, Moral, and Philosophical, published in 1798.

John Witherspoon
Signer of the Declaration of Independence, Clergyman and President of Princeton University

"While we give praise to God, the Supreme Disposer of all events, for His interposition on our behalf, let us guard against the dangerous error of trusting in, or boasting of, an arm of flesh ... If your cause is just, if your principles are pure, and if your conduct is prudent, you need not fear the multitude of opposing hosts.

What follows from this? That he is the best friend to American liberty, who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion, and who sets himself with the greatest firmness to bear down profanity and immorality of every kind.

Whoever is an avowed enemy of God, I scruple not to call him an enemy of his country."
--Sermon at Princeton University, "The Dominion of Providence over the Passions of Men," May 17, 1776.

Alexander Hamilton
Signer of the Declaration of Independence and Ratifier of the U.S. Constitution

"I have carefully examined the evidences of the Christian religion, and if I was sitting as a juror upon its authenticity I would unhesitatingly give my verdict in its favor. I can prove its truth as clearly as any proposition ever submitted to the mind of man."
--Famous American Statesmen, p. 126.

Patrick Henry
Ratifier of the U.S. Constitution

"It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ. For this very reason peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here."
--The Trumpet Voice of Freedom: Patrick Henry of Virginia, p. iii.

"The Bible ... is a book worth more than all the other books that were ever printed."
--Sketches of the Life and Character of Patrick Henry, p. 402.

John Jay
1st Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court and President of the American Bible Society

"By conveying the Bible to people thus circumstanced, we certainly do them a most interesting kindness. We thereby enable them to learn that man was originally created and placed in a state of happiness, but, becoming disobedient, was subjected to the degradation and evils which he and his posterity have since experienced.

The Bible will also inform them that our gracious Creator has provided for us a Redeemer, in whom all the nations of the earth shall be blessed; that this Redeemer has made atonement "for the sins of the whole world," and thereby reconciling the Divine justice with the Divine mercy has opened a way for our redemption and salvation; and that these inestimable benefits are of the free gift and grace of God, not of our deserving, nor in our power to deserve."
--In God We Trust—The Religious Beliefs and Ideas of the American Founding Fathers, p. 379.

"In forming and settling my belief relative to the doctrines of Christianity, I adopted no articles from creeds but such only as, on careful examination, I found to be confirmed by the Bible."

~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2011, 02:13:19 PM »
It doesn't matter any more.  It's done.  It's a done deal.  Just move forward and accept it.  The hoopla will all die down in a few months and you'll never know who's who.  And that's that.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2011, 03:02:09 PM »
And for that I thank you! Just keep in mind what you call "nonsense" is what this country was founded on. And the two billion Christians who know it as truth might take exception to you narrow minded view!
Mark, you are the definition of Narrow Minded. I am very open minded, I have never put down your religious believes, I am open minded to all thing, all religions, to me each their own. You on the other hand are extremely narrow minded, in that if a person does not believe in what you believe, then they are wrong. You believe your religion condemns homosexuals, so their for they are sinners. I accept them as they don't bother me. I accept your religion as long as you don't try to push it down my throut. I believe in a God, just not your version of it. I can accept it, and I keep my mind open to new things. You are stuck in your rut in thinking you are the right one and everyone else is wrong....therefore narrow minded.
Freedom Of Road Riders,

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2011, 03:26:59 PM »
Mark, you are the definition of Narrow Minded. I am very open minded, I have never put down your religious believes, I am open minded to all thing, all religions, to me each their own. You on the other hand are extremely narrow minded, in that if a person does not believe in what you believe, then they are wrong. You believe your religion condemns homosexuals, so their for they are sinners. I accept them as they don't bother me. I accept your religion as long as you don't try to push it down my throut. I believe in a God, just not your version of it. I can accept it, and I keep my mind open to new things. You are stuck in your rut in thinking you are the right one and everyone else is wrong....therefore narrow minded.
I could just as easily argue that your narrow mindedness causes you to follow the flock or popular, politically correct mindset of the day!
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2011, 03:27:57 PM »
  I don't hate them. Neither does God. But we should NOT be "tolerant" of deviate sexual behavior! It will only get worse! So go march in the gay parade if you want, but I'm not watching it!

Really? You don't hate them?

Why even post the snide condescending remarks then?

Offline Hi

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2011, 04:17:04 PM »
Touting a group that as 2 billion members as a reason to follow it isn't the same thing?

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2011, 11:19:17 PM »
I hate the sin , not the sinner.

but I do like the foo fighters response to the wbc.

Foo Fighters - Keepin it Clean in KC

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2011, 11:22:45 PM »
Come on now give mark a break... he was just born in the wrong era.  If he was alive and well during the Spanish Inquistion and during the witch hunts he would be perfectly normal.

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2011, 11:26:04 AM »
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline stiffcat76

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2011, 12:28:42 PM »
i didn't want to get in on this thread but mark makes it to irresistible. so mark i thought tolerance  and compassion was a christian way of life? i have noticed  that the ones who have he biggest problem with with gays are the closet case Christians.  i guess they hope by condemning it so loudly and hiding behind their bible that know one will ever find their dirty little secret. you gave us all these quotes from famous founding fathers and yes they were all religious men, but the part you left out was, almost all of them believed the church had no business in the government.  so mark you keep preaching and hiding behind your bible and maybe one day you can find you way out of the dark!

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2011, 12:58:33 PM »
i didn't want to get in on this thread but mark makes it to irresistible. so mark i thought tolerance  and compassion was a christian way of life? i have noticed  that the ones who have he biggest problem with with gays are the closet case Christians.  i guess they hope by condemning it so loudly and hiding behind their bible that know one will ever find their dirty little secret. you gave us all these quotes from famous founding fathers and yes they were all religious men, but the part you left out was, almost all of them believed the church had no business in the government.  so mark you keep preaching and hiding behind your bible and maybe one day you can find you way out of the dark!
You thought wrong!
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2011, 04:33:28 PM »
Mark, as far as I know there is no one on this board who has worked harder to fight against homosexuality in the church world than I have. It would take time for you to research it since a fair amount of my work was before newspapers were putting their content on the internet and a lot of older newspaper archives have been deleted as servers change and newspaper companies get bought out, so just take my work for it that I have a solid track record dating back a quarter-century of not just opposing homosexuality but actually doing something effective to fight it.

I add that so you will listen to me when I say that your post dragging Taz into this fight was unnecessary, unhelpful, and quite likely counterproductive.

Identify the target, make sure it's the right target, and fight the target with weapons which are effective. Taz is not the enemy, and he's therefore not the right target. Slinging stuff at him is not going to do you -- or the gospel -- any good.
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2011, 06:50:51 PM »
Mark, as far as I know there is no one on this board who has worked harder to fight against homosexuality in the church world than I have. It would take time for you to research it since a fair amount of my work was before newspapers were putting their content on the internet and a lot of older newspaper archives have been deleted as servers change and newspaper companies get bought out, so just take my work for it that I have a solid track record dating back a quarter-century of not just opposing homosexuality but actually doing something effective to fight it.

I add that so you will listen to me when I say that your post dragging Taz into this fight was unnecessary, unhelpful, and quite likely counterproductive.

Identify the target, make sure it's the right target, and fight the target with weapons which are effective. Taz is not the enemy, and he's therefore not the right target. Slinging stuff at him is not going to do you -- or the gospel -- any good.
I was just being goofy and funin with Taz. I thought he would get the joke and throw something back.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2011, 04:51:57 AM »
I was just being goofy and funin with Taz. I thought he would get the joke and throw something back.

That explanation helps, Mark.

Mark, I want to be very careful how I say this, because I don't want to get into a public argument with you or others on this thread. The advice I give to anyone who regularly engages in internet discussions is to remember that facial features, mannerisms, gestures, etc., will not show in cyberspace, and lots of people don't know you personally outside of what you write. All that most people will see is your words, and even many of those readers will be seeing only the single post you're putting in front of them and not seeing the context of prior posts.

When posting something, it's a good idea to read it twice to see if someone could honestly misunderstand your point, and then a third time to see if someone could deliberately twist your words to cause others to misunderstand what you meant.

Nobody can ensure that everybody understands what they meant to write, but thinking before posting, and then thinking a second and third time after writing but before hitting the "enter" key, can solve many problems.

That's good advice for everyone, including me. We've all written things we wish we hadn't.
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2011, 06:57:38 AM »
lol...............yup.
Biscuit

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2011, 10:05:15 AM »
That explanation helps, Mark.

Mark, I want to be very careful how I say this, because I don't want to get into a public argument with you or others on this thread. The advice I give to anyone who regularly engages in internet discussions is to remember that facial features, mannerisms, gestures, etc., will not show in cyberspace, and lots of people don't know you personally outside of what you write. All that most people will see is your words, and even many of those readers will be seeing only the single post you're putting in front of them and not seeing the context of prior posts.

When posting something, it's a good idea to read it twice to see if someone could honestly misunderstand your point, and then a third time to see if someone could deliberately twist your words to cause others to misunderstand what you meant.

Nobody can ensure that everybody understands what they meant to write, but thinking before posting, and then thinking a second and third time after writing but before hitting the "enter" key, can solve many problems.

That's good advice for everyone, including me. We've all written things we wish we hadn't.
I struggle with this every day. My punctuation is terrible. Most people think I'm angry. (which I'm not) Thanks for the advice I'll work on it!
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2011, 02:58:48 AM »
    Our whole country is in the crapper, and this is what our gooberment has been working on?                      -What does this say to the country's we are at war with?
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/09/20/national/main20108690.shtml

Its been about a month, have the now openly gay men and women who are putting their lives on the line so attention starved message board born again bandits can have an open forum to publicly degrade them,  done anything to embarass the military in the same way you embarass yourself on a daily basis? 
"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2011, 10:37:18 AM »
  Its not "serving our country" that bothers me.  Its being gay and throwing it in our face constantly. Should our government even waste a minute on this issue while our country is going to hell?  (which btw is where the gays are going to end up) There are real problems that need to be addressed. Some fruit... wanting to wear a pink scarf and tell the world he is a butt bandit should not be at the top of the list!
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2011, 04:42:32 AM »
Mark, I try daily to ignore your posts but that was pure stupidity. I dont agree with Gayness, Dont understand it, and frankly think its wrong, But I am tolerant to the Idea as it does not affect me in any way shape or form, In fact I have Gay friends. They understand my position on the idea and respect it enough to not bring it to my home or business and we get along fine. Its tolerating what they live,how they live while they respect my dislike of their situation. I feel the same with Soldiers. If a man or woman is Willing to give their life supporting this country, and they are GAY, So what. Who are you or I to Judge a person serving this country if we have not. Are you a veteran Mark? Im not. So I feel I have NO RIGHT to judge a man or woman who has or is. Unless your in danger of someone Raping you, I see no need for fear of Homosexuals. Even if you are religious.....You believe in God, Judge not lest you be judged. Live and let live. If theres a god....He will see fit to do what is needed. No need for your looking out!!!!
Just my opinion.  If they can support and protect our country, I can tolerate their habits behind closed doors. Im positive none will be congregating in your living room putting on a show so you can move on to something else.
Biscuit

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2011, 09:48:09 AM »
As with all moral issues, our beliefs about our origin determine our attitude. If we believe that we arose from slime by a combination of random chance events and the struggle for survival, it is understandable to say that there is no higher authority and we can make our own rules. However, if there is a loving God who planned us and gave commands for us to follow, then we must do so. God has set forth His standards in the Bible, beginning with the foundational teaching in the book of Genesis.

~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline SC Susie

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2011, 04:29:33 PM »
Mark,
I would love to see you redirect your energy in "fighting" issues/topics that a large percent of the readers would back you on. "Rally the troops" for a fight against child exploitation, elder abuse, fund raising for a non-profit or respite care. Wound it not be nice to have people support a cause in which they can help change or bring better awareness to rather than an issue that is beyond their control??
Just an idea.......
Who kept the faith and fought the fight;
The glory theirs, the duty ours.
~Wallace Bruce