Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Radar Traps in St. Robert?  (Read 11927 times)

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Radar Traps in St. Robert?
« on: September 21, 2011, 08:06:39 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Seems the outer road by the Hub changes to 15 miles per hour from the Hub to the the Alarmco area.. I know, I got a ticket for going 31 there.. 16 miles an hour over is a big ticket I imagine, for my record it will look like I drive like a bat out of hell. First ticket I can recall in like 20 some years.. My accountant who owns a business there didn't even know the speed limit was 15..

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
Re: Radar Traps in St. Robert?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 08:15:49 PM »
I my have figured out how not to get a ticket in Pulaski Co. You get a large meatball sub....At night you keep it in the freezer. By day you keep on the dashboard of your truck. When you get pulled over just place it on the hood and say "if this giant meatball sub were to disappear oh well..." Works every time in Pulaski! lol

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline Autumn

• Lurker
  • Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 08:46:27 PM »
I work just down from the Hub and several of my customers have gotten tickets for rolling stops at the sign right there by the Hub along with speeding tickets. When customers cars are parked on the side of the restaurant and at the daycare across the street, you can't clearly see traffic coming without pulling out farther than the stop sign and then you get a ticket for it.

Offline demo.dave

• Im a veteran of the unspeakable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 09:12:31 PM »
I my have figured out how not to get a ticket in Pulaski Co. You get a large meatball sub....At night you keep it in the freezer. By day you keep on the dashboard of your truck. When you get pulled over just place it on the hood and say "if this giant meatball sub were to disappear oh well..." Works every time in Pulaski! lol

Just dont try to offer them $500 and a flat screen tv!

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 09:25:26 PM »
I always believe tickets should be issued for out of control driving, but a police state mentaility is overkill..

Offline Jen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 09:51:14 PM »
Rick I got one there yesterday as well.  I had to drive back down it to double check to see if the young officer was even right. Approximately 90% of the outer road is posted 25. I truly felt I was going a safe and reasonable speed for that road.  I typically don't drive pass the Hub and never noticed the speed limit there was reduced from 25 to 15.  The speed limit there is lower than the school zone by freedom.  Another one I think is a trap (and I'm glad I avoid it) is St. Robert Boulevard near Mobile on the Run is reduced down to 15... or what was it 10? I don't recall I try to avoid the speed trap areas myself. It's not a reasonable speed limit for the two areas. But I guess the City needed to set up a action plan to help pay for the funding wasted trying to set up a one way street on a private drive.  Speed Traps will bring revenue but not respect. Did you know that on Missouri Avenue at the stop light by Waffle House it's reduced as well.         

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 10:34:37 PM »
I asked the officer as to why if had been changed to 15, her reply was that they had so many accidents there because people back out from businesses.. In that case I assume the city of Waynesville is neglecting their citizens when they allow speeds of up to 34 without writing a ticket there. Their limit is 25 and usually won't ticket until ten over.. This also tell me accidents on this raod are more important than our kids at the schools, speed limits are higher by schools..

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 10:35:44 PM »
I'm thinking City Council meeting on this discrepancy.. Won't get anything changed but it will bring to light the insainty of the issue..

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 10:38:16 PM »
No I didn't know about the waffle house change.. Guess we were on the same train of thoughts on the school speed limits.. You got one same day I did, proves this wasn't random, rather a trap..

Rick I got one there yesterday as well.  I had to drive back down it to double check to see if the young officer was even right. Approximately 90% of the outer road is posted 25. I truly felt I was going a safe and reasonable speed for that road.  I typically don't drive pass the Hub and never noticed the speed limit there was reduced from 25 to 15.  The speed limit there is lower than the school zone by freedom.  Another one I think is a trap (and I'm glad I avoid it) is St. Robert Boulevard near Mobile on the Run is reduced down to 15... or what was it 10? I don't recall I try to avoid the speed trap areas myself. It's not a reasonable speed limit for the two areas. But I guess the City needed to set up a action plan to help pay for the funding wasted trying to set up a one way street on a private drive.  Speed Traps will bring revenue but not respect. Did you know that on Missouri Avenue at the stop light by Waffle House it's reduced as well.         

Offline himandhers

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2011, 10:56:48 PM »
I have worked by this "trap" for two years, and not once have I seen an accident there!  I have watched them over the last two weeks and this is ridiculous.  Will they pull over the greyhound buses now too, since greyhound has moved on this road. They have pulled over customers of ours and followed them into our parking lot to give them a ticket! They have even given a couple of my coworkers tickets too! 

Offline Autumn

• Lurker
  • Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2011, 10:58:09 PM »
On Missouri Avenue, just before you go from three lanes to five as you are going north towards the interstate the speed limit drops from 45 to 35.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2011, 11:06:29 PM »
Didn't know.. Obviously they don't feeel it is neccessary to notify us with much effort..
 Putting it in the paper gets seen by no one.

On Missouri Avenue, just before you go from three lanes to five as you are going north towards the interstate the speed limit drops from 45 to 35.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2011, 11:07:23 PM »
The plot thickens.

I have worked by this "trap" for two years, and not once have I seen an accident there!  I have watched them over the last two weeks and this is ridiculous.  Will they pull over the greyhound buses now too, since greyhound has moved on this road. They have pulled over customers of ours and followed them into our parking lot to give them a ticket! They have even given a couple of my coworkers tickets too! 

Offline demo.dave

• Im a veteran of the unspeakable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2011, 11:12:43 PM »
Didn't know.. Obviously they don't feeel it is neccessary to notify us with much effort..
 Putting it in the paper gets seen by no one.

They changed that like over a year ago.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2011, 01:25:48 AM »
Basically if you have lived here all your life and through that supported this community all your life you know what the speed limits are in most areas. So the locals are the ones who suffer in these traps, not the new comers..

Offline Semper Fi

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2011, 01:59:13 AM »
I will check on the speed limit issue along VFW Memorial Drive by the Hub in the morning. Speed limits are set by Ordinance only, not by someone arbitrarily changing it on their own. No Council authorization, no speed limit changes.

The east end of St. Robert Blvd was a convoluted mess when built by the developer years ago, which created the necessity for the 15 MPH posting for the safety of pedestrians. This is what happens when there are no design/construction standards governing street construction. Now that we have minimum standards for the better part of 12 years now, we are accused of overreaching heavy handedness by developers. Go figure!

Remember the uproar about the one-way entrance that was created to reduce accidents onto St. Robert Blvd near the west end of the WalMart entrance? Well grab a burger and a Frosty at Wendy's and sit in the parking lot and watch how many ignore the "No Left Turn" signs that are there. If a severe accident happens at this location, and it will some day, then there will be an outcry from the public to correct what was originally intended in the first place.

Speed limits are set by MODOT on all State maintained roads (MO Ave, Old Rt, Z-Hwy, Y-Hwy, St. Robert Outer Rd) and the speed limits for City maintained streets are set by Ordinance and only by the City Council approval. In case anyone forgets, all Ordinances that set speed limits on City maintained streets are done in open session, with the media present, and are explained in detail before Council consideration.

Not being argumentative, just providing some insight. I am always available by calling City Hall to discuss any issue.

Alan Clark

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2011, 02:18:39 AM »
Not to mention that fact that St. Robert Boulevard is not wide enough for three lanes could cause the city some huge lawsuits..

I will check on the speed limit issue along VFW Memorial Drive by the Hub in the morning. Speed limits are set by Ordinance only, not by someone arbitrarily changing it on their own. No Council authorization, no speed limit changes.

The east end of St. Robert Blvd was a convoluted mess when built by the developer years ago, which created the necessity for the 15 MPH posting for the safety of pedestrians. This is what happens when there are no design/construction standards governing street construction. Now that we have minimum standards for the better part of 12 years now, we are accused of overreaching heavy handedness by developers. Go figure!

Remember the uproar about the one-way entrance that was created to reduce accidents onto St. Robert Blvd near the west end of the WalMart entrance? Well grab a burger and a Frosty at Wendy's and sit in the parking lot and watch how many ignore the "No Left Turn" signs that are there. If a severe accident happens at this location, and it will some day, then there will be an outcry from the public to correct what was originally intended in the first place.

Speed limits are set by MODOT on all State maintained roads (MO Ave, Old Rt, Z-Hwy, Y-Hwy, St. Robert Outer Rd) and the speed limits for City maintained streets are set by Ordinance and only by the City Council approval. In case anyone forgets, all Ordinances that set speed limits on City maintained streets are done in open session, with the media present, and are explained in detail before Council consideration.

Not being argumentative, just providing some insight. I am always available by calling City Hall to discuss any issue.

Alan Clark

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2011, 02:22:24 AM »
I don't have any doubts that the city council aproved of this, my concern is the sensibility of that decision in light of the other things discussed here. To top it off then they make radar traps there..  Not making any points with the publics trust doing that.. IMO.. Not trying to be argumentave either.. I don't have as much problem with the St. Robert Bolevard issue, but 20 seems more reasonable..

Alan Clark

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2011, 03:12:12 AM »
I always fold a Gift Certificate from Dunkin Donut and put my Drivers license in it. :wink1a:   ;D
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline redneck99

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2011, 03:15:53 AM »
You know what sign needs to be changed??? The one coming off the highway by frist waynesville exit.The one by arron's rental.The drivers have a yeild sign, but they don't yeild.The keep coming and do not even slow down or stop.I almost got hit by 2 difft vechicals 2 days apart.One was a truck w a trailer and a second was a car.I had right away ,not them.I had to slam on the brakes and hit the horn.Yet they cussing at me.. ??? Who do i complaint about this too? They need to change it to a stop sign.I have seen several accidents at that spot.I sure don't want to be one..I try to avoid this area as much as possilbe.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2011, 03:57:53 AM »
I drive the road in front of the Hub almost every morning.  I know the speed limit is 15 but tend to go a little faster sometimes, thanks for the warning.

The road over by Mobil should be 10 because people still drive 25 on it and it is a mess with cars coming in and out of Mobil.

When did Greyhound move up by the Hub?

You are right about the interstate exit by Meeks.  It is a total accident waiting to happen. 

Another place is Plattner and City Route.  Whoever is responsible for painting the arrows on the road there, needs to keep the arrows painted all the time.  People from out of town have no idea they are supposed to be in the left hand lane to go straight across to turn left on the city route.  What a mess it is.  Sometimes there are six cars trying to fit in the space to turn.

OK, I'm done complaining now. 
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2011, 04:41:09 AM »
Perhaps I'm a tad biased, but I really don't think the officers believe them to be "traps".  They are simply enforcing the law as set forth by RSMo or by City Ordinance. :-)   Like you said, if you dont like the ordinance go to the council people. :-)
Women are Angels

And when someone breaks our wings....

We simply continue to fly.........on a broomstick...

Because we are flexible like that

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2011, 06:46:36 AM »
Seems the outer road by the Hub changes to 15 miles per hour from the Hub to the the Alarmco area.. I know, I got a ticket for going 31 there.. 16 miles an hour over is a big ticket I imagine, for my record it will look like I drive like a bat out of hell. First ticket I can recall in like 20 some years.. My accountant who owns a business there didn't even know the speed limit was 15..

Lol you too huh. Was it a woman? Mine was 33 in a 15. She told me she wa=ould hate to see me dead from going so fast........I was like....At 33 MPH?  Im sure I would have caused a catastrophy. I think its a recent change. No reason for it either, VFW drive is 25 MPH all the way through in thinner parts of the road. It widens out and gos to 15? Definately a speed trap. was going to fight it but accidentally missed the court date due do a 5 looking like an 8 on the date. So Had to pay 86 dollars.
Biscuit

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2011, 07:33:47 AM »
I have a picture of some St. Robert police riding on the trunk a their car by Kentucky Fried at 40 mph.. Maybe I should share that. LOL

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2011, 07:34:16 AM »
It was a woman cop.

Lol you too huh. Was it a woman? Mine was 33 in a 15. She told me she wa=ould hate to see me dead from going so fast........I was like....At 33 MPH?  Im sure I would have caused a catastrophy. I think its a recent change. No reason for it either, VFW drive is 25 MPH all the way through in thinner parts of the road. It widens out and gos to 15? Definately a speed trap. was going to fight it but accidentally missed the court date due do a 5 looking like an 8 on the date. So Had to pay 86 dollars.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2011, 12:15:58 PM »
You think?

Perhaps I'm a tad biased, but I really don't think the officers believe them to be "traps".  They are simply enforcing the law as set forth by RSMo or by City Ordinance. :-)   Like you said, if you dont like the ordinance go to the council people. :-)

Offline himandhers

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2011, 01:28:27 PM »
The speed limit by the Hub has been 15 mph for the last two years.  I travel it everyday, but here recently they have been stopping people right and left.  Every once in a while I would see a police car there, but lately this is ridiculous.  25 mph is a safe enough speed through there.  I am not sure if they are sitting there due to Greyhound just moving there in the last week.  She usually is there anytime between 10 am and 3 pm.  I know weights and measures for the dump trucks would sit there too sometimes as well. 

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2011, 01:48:23 PM »
I have seen them sit in the parking lot where Wells Fargo Mortgage is and get people for not stopping at the bottom of the hill of VFW Road.  Make sure you stop there.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2011, 07:53:04 PM »
Women are Angels

And when someone breaks our wings....

We simply continue to fly.........on a broomstick...

Because we are flexible like that